Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• JudyJudyJudy

• GinRummy

• Lord Montpelier

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alex Kintner

For accuracy can we change the thread title to “Nicola Sturgeon apologises for 4000 women tortured and murdered as alleged witches” 👍🏻

Jambo_jim2001
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

So Sturgeon burned witches.

Maybe not help her. 

FFS I know the gas and electricity prices are going up,,but c'mon🤪

34 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

For accuracy can we change the thread title to “Nicola Sturgeon apologises for 4000 women tortured and murdered as alleged witches” 👍🏻

I'm not sure their listening and if they are they're witches, so, no apology necessary. 

Alex Kintner
15 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Nothing of the sort, Ginny. The discussion has been fizzing and tolerant, with Smithee offering me a hand job at one point. I'd call that detente.

😂😂😂

Lone Striker

Gosh -  has Holyrood not got anything more pressing to be doing ?  Whatever next ?  

Apologies now also due to those dead folk whose Edinburgh graves were robbed by Burke & Hare to help in the advancement  of medical science ?

Alex Kintner
Just now, Bull's-eye said:

I'm not sure their listening and if they are they're witches, so, no apology necessary. 

Just like their hats, that’s a good point👍🏻

Alex Kintner
Just now, Lone Striker said:

Gosh -  has Holyrood not got anything more pressing to be doing ?  Whatever next ?  

Apologies now also due to those dead folk whose Edinburgh graves were robbed by Burke & Hare to help in the advancement  of medical science ?

To be fair, they weren’t ‘doing’ anything. It was a speech about IWD and she took a few minutes to reflect on the persecution.

Lone Striker
5 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

To be fair, they weren’t ‘doing’ anything. It was a speech about IWD and she took a few minutes to reflect on the persecution.

Not sure what she'll make of the new comedy The Witchfinder on BBC2 then.      

kingantti1874

Here i thought there weren’t any demographics left she hadn’t attempted to win votes from 😂 

she will be handing out free brooms and cauldrons by the end of the year 😆😆

get those votes bought Nicola.  Jedi Next

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Here i thought there weren’t any demographics left she hadn’t attempted to win votes from 😂 

Jedi don’t deal in absolutes so won’t be in favour of a referendum. 👍🏻

JudyJudyJudy
22 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Lol 😂 alleged witches ! Also I think some were men ! 😂

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

She must have advisors telling her which demograph to woo next ! But dead witches takes the biscuit 

51 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Nothing of the sort, Ginny. The discussion has been fizzing and tolerant, with Smithee offering me a hand job at one point. I'd call that detente.

That’s not an unusual offer from Smithee, tbh.

He lived in Holland. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

That’s not an unusual offer from Smithee, tbh.

He lived in Holland. 

645F36A9-EA09-4088-B091-131C4088CEFD.gif

7 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

They were tried and punished by the laws at that time. So not alleged. It’s the victims of their evil spells we should apologise to. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Actively searching through my family tree hoping an ancestor was burnt. Must be compensation available.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

They were tried and punished by the laws at that time. So not alleged. It’s the victims of their evil spells we should apologise to. 

image.jpeg.30d46a262be21e42ceea3cc59b8a66ab.jpeg

Jacob Rees Mogg should be called as an eye witness. I'm sure he was on holiday up here at the time .

Alex Kintner

A big part of the problem with this is the way it’s been portrayed by the media. It’s not ‘witches’ who the apology is for, it’s for 4000 women who were tortured and murdered for being different.

Sturgeon uses International Women's Day to formally apologise to 4,000 murdered women.

I don't see any controversy here at all, unless you're a moron.

8 minutes ago, Cade said:

Sturgeon uses International Women's Day to make it all about Nicola Sturgeon

FTFY

20 minutes ago, Cade said:

Sturgeon uses International Women's Day to formally apologise to 4,000 murdered women.

It's a time thing for me. I find it utterly stupid to apologise for anything that happened 4-500 years ago. Only a moron would think any different imo.

Takes all sorts though.

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It's a time thing for me. I find it utterly stupid to apologise for anything that happened 4-500 years ago. Only a moron would think any different imo.

Takes all sorts though.

Done a quick Google to see why and found it was a QC who was going for the pardon. Was a two year campaign to clear their names. 
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/dec/19/executed-witches-scotland-pardons-witchcraft-act

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Saw that yesterday. What a load of nonsense. 

So is the reaction to some words in Parliament imo. 

Alex Kintner
50 minutes ago, jonesy said:

And found guilty of being witches, no?

Perhaps in an enlightened future, our great-great-great-great grandchildren - operating under a banner of taxation is theft - will issue apologies to all those who had to pay taxes to the state and Lysander Spooner statues will replace those of all elected officials who maintained this abhorrent crime.

image.jpeg.750ff997eda218f68e9831228e3784e4.jpeg

Alex Kintner
3 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

More apologies are needed to members of the magical community, IMO

That tiger definitely owes Roy an apology! 😬

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

So is the reaction to some words in Parliament imo. 

Everyone just always wants to turn everything into a massive political barney. It's just a silly story which I thought everyone would be amused by. 

been here before
59 minutes ago, Cade said:

63ff519ef4b337c50a901a68a9a4efb68c8f6e60123fd8ae24ad1d18ba2e5f9e_1.thumb.jpg.514352700c2e3fb9827b4762f1997a47.jpg

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Everyone just always wants to turn everything into a massive political barney. It's just a silly story which I thought everyone would be amused by. 

Not sure amusing but interesting I’d say. I ended up reading quite a few articles tbh so I did find it interesting what used to go on. The term witch hunt is one that’s bandied about but it was actually a thing. 
The things people used to believe are fecking insane.

Are we much better now?😬😂

Edited by jack D and coke

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Not sure amusing but interesting I’d say. I ended up reading quite a few articles tbh so I did find it interesting what used to go on. The term witch hunt is one that’s bandied about but it was actually a thing. 

I do wonder what folk will make of these times in 500 years time. Some of the things going on in the world aren't exactly sane and make apologising to people for being accused of witchcraft seem entirely rational in comparison.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I do wonder what folk will make of these times in 500 years time. Some of the things going on in the world aren't exactly sane and make apologising to people for being accused of witchcraft seem entirely rational in comparison.

I can’t see anything in 500 years tbh. 
Human race will be gone imo. 
Unless we can somehow get off this planet. 
Look at the way we behave. 

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I found it interesting too. Didn’t realise it is still happening in some parts of the world.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Cade said:

I wonder how many of the 4,000 heard her.

I await the apology for alleged Warlocks.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Correct.

She said some words in response to a campaign.

The nerve.

Alex Kintner
24 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I wonder how many of the 4,000 heard her.

I await the apology for alleged Warlocks.

Spot on John. Apologies should be reserved for murdered people who are still alive so that they can hear them 👍🏻

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

Spot on John. Apologies should be reserved for murdered people who are still alive so that they can hear them 👍🏻

Davie Cameron shouldn’t have bothered apologising for Britain murdering all those brown folk in India either and owing them, what was it, a trillion pounds?

I mean whats a trillion pounds and a few million dead brown chaps between us brits eh. Not like they can hear us. Or spend the trillion we chored🤷🏽‍♂️

Alex Kintner
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Davie Cameron shouldn’t have bothered apologising for Britain murdering all those brown folk in India either and owing them, what was it, a trillion pounds?

I mean whats a trillion pounds and a few million dead brown chaps between us brits eh. Not like they can hear us. Or spend the trillion we chored🤷🏽‍♂️

:spoton: