• Alex Kintner

• JudyJudyJudy

• GinRummy

• Lord Montpelier

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Not sure amusing but interesting I’d say. I ended up reading quite a few articles tbh so I did find it interesting what used to go on. The term witch hunt is one that’s bandied about but it was actually a thing. 
The things people used to believe are fecking insane.

Are we much better now?😬😂

Yes there are some people who believe that a person can change sex . Incredibly . 

Unknown user
14 hours ago, jonesy said:

Nothing of the sort, Ginny. The discussion has been fizzing and tolerant, with Smithee offering me a hand job at one point. I'd call that detente.

I do not recall such offer, you heard what you wanted to hear you scamp!

jack D and coke
18 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes there are some people who believe that a person can change sex . Incredibly . 

I don’t really comment on things like that as I just have no clue about it. The trans thing seems to have exploded in recent years and it’s all very bizarre to me but if they go about their lives not harming anyone and it makes them happy then who am I to tell them it’s wrong. It can’t be easy living that life. 
I’m really not interested in it. Live and let live the more I get older. 
Is it a bit like the gay thing from a few decades ago?  It freaked people out but it’s not even a thing now. 
I don’t know I keep my trap shut about things I know nothing about. I make a big enough twat of myself talking about things I think I know about. 

JudyJudyJudy
22 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t really comment on things like that as I just have no clue about it. The trans thing seems to have exploded in recent years and it’s all very bizarre to me but if they go about their lives not harming anyone and it makes them happy then who am I to tell them it’s wrong. It can’t be easy living that life. 
I’m really not interested in it. Live and let live the more I get older. 
Is it a bit like the gay thing from a few decades ago?  It freaked people out but it’s not even a thing now. 
I don’t know I keep my trap shut about things I know nothing about. I make a big enough twat of myself talking about things I think I know about. 

You use the right term “ exploded “ almost like it’s a fad or gimmick or a mass hysteria amongst young people who are confused about their identity. The problem is there is harm in stating that a scientific and biological fact is a lie . People cannot change sex and never will be Able to . The analogy to gay issues is false equivalency really . Your either gay , bi or hetero . There’s no real argument about that I feel . 

jack D and coke
Just now, JamesM48 said:

You use the right term “ exploded “ almost like it’s a fad or gimmick or a mass hysteria amongst young people who are confused about their identity. The problem is there is harm in stating that a scientific and biological fact is a lie . People cannot change sex and never will be Able to . The analogy to gay issues is false equivalency really . Your either gay , bi or hetero . There’s no real argument about that I feel . 

I won’t argue with you. I tend to put my foot in it with these things. 
i don’t understand it at all. 

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

FTFY

Fair enough. She's an inspiration to women (and men) all over the globe. :wub: 

Nucky Thompson

I actually cringe to be Scottish sometimes and this has only happened since the SNP became prominent.

Unknown user
Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

I actually cringe to be Scottish sometimes and this has only happened since the SNP became prominent.

:laugh2: ❄️

Lord Montpelier
8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Fair enough. She's an inspiration to women (and men) all over the globe. :wub: 

She is truly inspirational. 

Unknown user
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

whilst chief mammy will be no inspiration whatsoever to Ukrainians she certainly is to Ukrankies

FB_IMG_1646735927786.jpg.1d43597f89f16da8481ebc488eb763e5.jpg

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

whilst chief mammy will be no inspiration whatsoever to Ukrainians she certainly is to Ukrankies

:touche:

Ainsley Harriott

Wee Krankie all over the pressing issues of the day. Atleast it distracts from indy Ref 2 and having to admit it ain't happening.

Edited by Ainsley Harriott

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Wee Krankie all over the pressing issues of the day. Atleast it distracts from indy Ref 2 and having to admit it ain't happening.

Spot on 👍

Unknown user
28 minutes ago, jonesy said:

"I do not recall..."

Case closed.

Ah well, better block some more memories out then

6HuMAOO.gif

Lord Montpelier
24 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Distract, dither, delay. The SNP way. 

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I actually cringe that you're Scottish too.

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Distract, dither, delay. The SNP way. 

Thought that was the Labour way (according to Spaffer anyway)?

Where do we stop with apologies for actions long since past. This one beggars belief. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

Where do we stop with apologies for actions long sines past. This one beggars belief. 

The Italians should now be forced to apologise for the actions of the Roman empire. 

Lord Montpelier
17 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Thought that was the Labour way (according to Spaffer anyway)?

To be fair it's an accusation that could be levelled at all political parties  

Alex Kintner
Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

To be fair it's an accusation that could be levelled at all political parties  

:spoton:

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Most influential woman in the UK and 2nd most influential female politician in the world according to Body Shop.

Women love her. As they should. :thumbsup:

Lord Montpelier
Just now, Ray Gin said:

Most influential woman in the UK and 2nd most influential female politician in the world according to Body Shop.

Women love her. As they should. :thumbsup:

I know plenty (usually the sensible, well educated ones) who dislike her, intensely.  

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I know plenty (usually the sensible, well educated ones) who dislike her, intensely.  

Same here. 

52 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Where do we stop with apologies for actions long since past. This one beggars belief. 

Where do we start? What's the statute of limitations for apologies for state actions? Do they have to be dead for less than 10 years? 20? 30?

Or do we just always go "**** it, its in the past, get over yourself."

Alex Kintner
40 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I know plenty women that don’t like her (regardless of their education or intellect). I know loads that find her inspirational. She’s definitely  become more marmite-like over the past two years. 

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Norm said:

Where do we start? What's the statute of limitations for apologies for state actions? Do they have to be dead for less than 10 years? 20? 30?

Or do we just always go "**** it, its in the past, get over yourself."

Good point. If something is horrific or important enough then it doesn’t matter how long ago it happened. 👍🏻

Japan Jambo
33 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Feeling is, apparently, mutual.

And for once we may have found some common ground. If NS is the most influential woman in the UK then the country is beyond repair.

And, Body Shop? The same Body Shop that ripped off its entire brand and lied about charitable donations… yeah, sounds about right for that hypocrite in Holyrood.

If true, one wonders why she can't just be herself on that score?  Still I guess if we are only catching up on issues from the 16th century there is a way to go.

Lord Montpelier
37 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

I know plenty women that don’t like her (regardless of their education or intellect). I know loads that find her inspirational. She’s definitely  become more marmite-like over the past two years. 

Yeah agree

Unknown user
31 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

If true, one wonders why she can't just be herself on that score?  Still I guess if we are only catching up on issues from the 16th century there is a way to go.

Yeah, if true!

If true that she's Jesus in a wig, why can't He just be Himself on that score?

Alex Kintner
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Reparations to lizards for white, cisgendered male presenting humanoids failing to stop the asteroid wiping out the dinos?

If the lizards can pull the petition together then it’s worth a discussion at least. 😄

17 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Reparations to lizards for white, cisgendered male presenting humanoids failing to stop the asteroid wiping out the dinos?

We're sorted for that one. We can safely say humanoids had nothing to with that since we weren't there. 

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Norm said:

We're sorted for that one. We can safely say humanoids had nothing to with that since we weren't there. 

Well, apart from the queen of course. But she's got a scaly foot in both camps to be fair.

Alex Kintner

If it walks like a misogynist, talks like a misogynist and mocks murdered women like a misogynist then pretty sure it’s a misogynist. 🧐

10 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

A big part of the problem with this is the way it’s been portrayed by the media. It’s not ‘witches’ who the apology is for, it’s for 4000 women who were tortured and murdered for being different.

So Sturgeon or the SNP did that too.?

Top tip - don't apologise for things you weren't responsible for. 

3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

If it walks like a misogynist, talks like a misogynist and mocks murdered women like a misogynist then pretty sure it’s a misogynist. 🧐

Can you find a video of a mysoginist walk, just so I can spot one. 

10 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

A big part of the problem with this is the way it’s been portrayed by the media. It’s not ‘witches’ who the apology is for, it’s for 4000 women who were tortured and murdered for being different.

Men were also tortured and murdered for the same reason.

https://www.scotsman.com/heritage-and-retro/heritage/who-were-scotlands-little-known-male-witches-1406622

Apart from asking if there is anything to learn now, I don't see the point.

The SNP haven't spoken up for Celtic child abuse victims possibly because they fear the reaction from that constituency.

For example. 

3 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

If the actions are long since past, and none of the victim's families are still alive, one has to wonder at the reason for an apology.  It seems pointless to me.

Justin Trudeau is good at it.

21 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

For accuracy can we change the thread title to “Nicola Sturgeon apologises for 4000 women tortured and murdered as alleged witches” 👍🏻

Men too

18 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I found this site a number of years ago and bookmarked it, you can check if there were any accused witches in your town, gives their names and trial details etc.

https://witches.is.ed.ac.uk/

Thatns for posting. Had a quick look. Bery interesting. A few in Prestonpans but Haddington must have been a hotbed of accusations back in the 15 & 1600’s.