5 injuries in one game

mickycameron98

mickycameron98

Absolutely crazy. Actually interested in any updates on the 5 injured and wondering if that's happened before, EVER!?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• upgotheheads

• 1971fozzy

• wavydavy

Robbie said on the radio that they were like the walking wounded but did not think any of them were that bad...

2 minutes ago, LeylandJambo said:

That's what happens when your opponents are intent on kicking you off the park.

Not sure thats the case tbf. None were from bad challenges. It was a battle of a game but not really dirty (mcnulty aside)

Farcical situation. 

We're carrying a decent squad, so good opportunity for the likes of McEneff and Woodburn to actually step up and make an impact. 

WheatfieldWarrior
11 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

Absolutely crazy. Actually interested in any updates on the 5 injured and wondering if that's happened before, EVER!?

Neilson said that he didn't think any of them were really bad, just a lot of walking wounded.

Edited by WheatfieldWarrior

colinmaroon
9 minutes ago, LeylandJambo said:

That's what happens when your opponents are intent on kicking you off the park.

Exactly!

Only injury that doesn't come under the order of the boot was Soutar's.

David McCaig
16 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

Similar to the 2016 Scottish Cup tie v Hibs!!!

5 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Souttar boarded the team bus wearing a moon boot. Hopefully it's just a precaution.

If it’s his ankle I think we’ve seen the last of him.

airdriejambo3

Lucky we had the 5 subs availible and that Robbie somehow managed to convince Collum the limping Cochrane had a head knock. 

Edited by airdriejambo3

9 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

If it’s his ankle I think we’ve seen the last of him.

Rangers to get out the pre contract 👀

15 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Souttar boarded the team bus wearing a moon boot. Hopefully it's just a precaution.

Out for the rest of the season then! 😏

3 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Rangers to get out the pre contract 👀

Souttar would be a very rich man if they did, I suspect they’d have to pay most of it.

Just now, Rudy T said:

Souttar would be a very rich man if they did, I suspect they’d have to pay most of it.

They will find a way if he is out for a while 

Jambof3tornado
8 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

First sub killed all momentum should have been Woodburn for gms not Cochrane 

I'd have settled for anyone but cochrane. Waste of a jersey 

kingantti1874
25 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

First sub killed all momentum should have been Woodburn for gms not Cochrane 

😂 we would have had less injuries if this was the case? 

30 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

They will find a way if he is out for a while 

Unless there’s a clause in his I think they’re pretty watertight these pre contracts. Of course it won’t stop them trying. Was always a massive risk for them with his injury record, and despite my anger at him signing for them probably justifies it from Souttars perspective.

56 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Got an old Crowded House song in my head now….

4 seasons in one day

2 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Was Atkinson an injury as well?

Yes or I assumed yes going by Robbie’s interview. 

Edited by GinRummy

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yes or I assumed yes going by Robbie’s interview. 

Makes more sense then, didn't think he deserved to be subbed.

Cammy could be out for 3 or 4 weeks possibly,  the rest were knocks although Souttars could be something a little worse .

Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

Makes more sense then, didn't think he deserved to be subbed.

I’m probably in a minority but despite some mistakes from him, I really think Atkinson will be a good player for us. Needs a bit of time to adjust but he’ll get there. 

Byyy The Light
11 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Unless there’s a clause in his I think they’re pretty watertight these pre contracts. Of course it won’t stop them trying. Was always a massive risk for them with his injury record, and despite my anger at him signing for them probably justifies it from Souttars perspective.

Not as watertight as you’d expect. Depends on specific clauses and timing. When a player is registered to play for another club it’s complicated.

Very very rare for anyone to try and wriggle out of one though as it’s usually in all parties interest for it to go ahead. 

3 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Not as watertight as you’d expect. Depends on specific clauses and timing. When a player is registered to play for another club it’s complicated.

Very very rare for anyone to try and wriggle out of one though as it’s usually in all parties interest for it to go ahead. 

There is no sweat he lay there not going to take another step BECAUSE he has an agreement... big centres of the past would simply have run that off 🤣

15 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Cammy could be out for 3 or 4 weeks possibly,  the rest were knocks although Souttars could be something a little worse .

Happy Saturday night to you aswell 😂 ( thanks for info)

9 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Hopefully he'll come good however not yet proved to be an equal of Smith. Way off it in fact. Defensively slow to react and distribution average

20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m probably in a minority but despite some mistakes from him, I really think Atkinson will be a good player for us. Needs a bit of time to adjust but he’ll get there. 

Hope you are correct.  Haven’t seen much from him so far to suggest you are though. 

22 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So do I. He's athletic, wants to get forward and has a good attitude. Wee bit ropey defensively, but he's young and wasn't meant to be first choice just now. If it wasn't for injuries he'd be introduced far more gradually. He'll do well IMO.

Broxburn Jambo
24 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I am with you in that minority

Surprised he didn't put McEneff on for Cammy to try and keep that intensity in the middle of the park.  Haring just sucked the life out of us.

KyleLafferty
3 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Surprised he didn't put McEneff on for Cammy to try and keep that intensity in the middle of the park.  Haring just sucked the life out of us.

I thought this aswell but then he went to centre back and looked very comfortable.

36 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Where are you hearing this ? 

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

I thought this aswell but then he went to centre back and looked very comfortable.

Totally. He was immense back there especially with the pressure. I’m not his biggest fan but credit where it’s due he was solid

1 hour ago, airdriejambo3 said:

Lucky we had the 5 subs availible and that Robbie somehow managed to convince Collum the limping Cochrane had a head knock. 

Surprised he didn't blow his top at Willie Collum for not giving a straight red card to McNulty for what what could have easily been a nasty knee injury easily for Craig Gordon, after that ridiculous studs up knee high challenge when he had no chance of getting the ball. 

17 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Where are you hearing this ? 

In my own mind ,lol

Sorry if it appeared in the know it was just a best gues.

Cammy looked a hamstring and Soapys looked like a knock although it could have been a strain or twist.

GmS looked a wrist injury,  Cochrane a head knock and Natty a knock 

11 minutes ago, ramrod said:

In my own mind ,lol

Sorry if it appeared in the know it was just a best gues.

Cammy looked a hamstring and Soapys looked like a knock although it could have been a strain or twist.

GmS looked a wrist injury,  Cochrane a head knock and Natty a knock 

Hopefully not a hamstring. We need him 

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, mickycameron98 said:

In 60+ yeras of watching football, never mind Hearts, I have never seen a half like that for injuries.

28 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Surprised he didn't blow his top at Willie Collum for not giving a straight red card to McNulty for what what could have easily been a nasty knee injury easily for Craig Gordon, after that ridiculous studs up knee high challenge when he had no chance of getting the ball. 

Appalling decision from Gollum. It was a horrendous assault. Hopefully McNulty will get one himself and it will really hurt. Like long term

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, airdriejambo3 said:

Quick thinking and good management by Neilson 

Five Injuries in One Game

Was that a song by Crowded House?

Arthur Morgan

McNulty should have been seeing a second yellow as he left his studs in earlier in the game, but can't remember who it was against. Hibs fan, what do you expect? 😅

Edited by Arthur Morgan

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I agree

10 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

McNulty should have been seeing a second yellow as he left his studs in earlier in the game, but can't remember who it was against. Hibs fan, what do you expect? 😅

I immediately thought of that stamp on Clare’s back in the derby when he kicked Gordon today. Horrible Hibs *****. 

59 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I immediately thought of that stamp on Clare’s back in the derby when he kicked Gordon today. Horrible Hibs *****. 

McNulty is a boyhood Celtic fan. I was at school with him