5 injuries in one game

mickycameron98

Just now, HMFCHammy said:

McNulty is a boyhood Celtic fan. I was at school with him 

Thought he was Hibs. He’s a dirty ***** whoever he supports. 

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• upgotheheads

• 1971fozzy

• wavydavy

According to the Daily Ranger, Sevo are frightened that Soutar’s injury is serious.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

18 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

According to the Daily Ranger, Sevo are frightened that Soutar’s injury is serious.

Personally I want him fit to clinch us 3rd place and a cup win!

davemclaren
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

In 60+ yeras of watching football, never mind Hearts, I have never seen a half like that for injuries.

Imagine if it happened 60 years ago with no subs allowed. 

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Personally I want him fit to clinch us 3rd place and a cup win!

Then his injuries are someone else’s concern. 

4 hours ago, tazhearts said:

Souttar boarded the team bus wearing a moon boot. Hopefully it's just a precaution.

Souttar is made of glass… I’m glad we didn’t offer him a big pay long term contract.

Pasquale for King

Sportscene only showed Cochrane getting a head knock from the long shot so you couldn’t see if it was a bad challenge, only saw Souttars injury. No coverage of the others or the challenge on Gordon. Awful programme. 

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

Surprised he didn't blow his top at Willie Collum for not giving a straight red card to McNulty for what what could have easily been a nasty knee injury easily for Craig Gordon, after that ridiculous studs up knee high challenge when he had no chance of getting the ball. 

There were a few studs up and not surprising Collum missed almost all.

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Good point.  I remember Jimmy Millar of Rangers staying on against us in the League Cup final when he could barely walk.  They stuck him out on the wing in the hope we would put someone out there to mark him.

chuck berrys hairline

I think its Utd's pitch. Players looked like they were playing on tarmac today. Ball bouncing higher than usual and they couldn't turn on the spot

Hectormasson
3 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

I think its Utd's pitch. Players looked like they were playing on tarmac today. Ball bouncing higher than usual and they couldn't turn on the spot

Mcnultys still a dirty wer c....t,😡😡😡

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Were injuries allowed 60 years ago?!

No longer active
7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Then the game would have been abandoned - need more than 6 players 

12 hours ago, airdriejambo3 said:

Lucky we had the 5 subs availible and that Robbie somehow managed to convince Collum the limping Cochrane had a head knock. 

It was a head knock. He banged heads with Butcher trying to add on a long ball, Butcher got booked for being late. He also had to hold on to the physio’s arm going off as he was dizzy. 

Harry Potter
13 hours ago, LeylandJambo said:

That's what happens when your opponents are intent on kicking you off the park.

Shame the ref, (clown) did not take tougher action, another thats not fit for purpose .

John Findlay
10 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

He doesn't play for them until next season. Next season they can start worrying if he gets injured.

He is still a Hearts player. We will worry about this injury, they can gtf.

10 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sportscene only showed Cochrane getting a head knock from the long shot so you couldn’t see if it was a bad challenge, only saw Souttars injury. No coverage of the others or the challenge on Gordon. Awful programme. 

They were to busy trying to pin a red card on Simms! 😏

No longer active

A game at which 5 players were  injured one might think the ref would get a bit of stick. No such bad press this morning ! Willie Collum is not a favourite of us Hearts fans for sure and it cannot be said the fans from both sides didn’t give him quite a lot of stick and suggested lyrically how he might use his right hand! 

I thought he had a good game yesterday and kept this match a proper game of football. Okay he may have been lenient with certain coming togethers throughout the match but I thought he let the game flow and it was not a whistle fest ! Hard to do when fans are yelling for every decision!! In fact his use of downtime through the game was noteworthy - for instance Cochrane whinged at Collum about a challenge. The ref kept the game going and went over to Alex to engage when the ball went behind for a goal kick - the players I think appreciate Collum’s communication and there was little dissent for a change. 

I am not usually one who has much time for some refs in the SPL but I do think if there is one who handles a game well that it needs mentioning !

Hope he doesn’t resort to type when he next refs us !

avhudtheteeshirt
11 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Imagine if they never changed it to 5 subs at the end of last year!

You can only play with the rules at the time, remember some teams are playing with only 3 on the subs bench just now???

45 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

A game at which 5 players were  injured one might think the ref would get a bit of stick. No such bad press this morning ! Willie Collum is not a favourite of us Hearts fans for sure and it cannot be said the fans from both sides didn’t give him quite a lot of stick and suggested lyrically how he might use his right hand! 

I thought he had a good game yesterday and kept this match a proper game of football. Okay he may have been lenient with certain coming togethers throughout the match but I thought he let the game flow and it was not a whistle fest ! Hard to do when fans are yelling for every decision!! In fact his use of downtime through the game was noteworthy - for instance Cochrane whinged at Collum about a challenge. The ref kept the game going and went over to Alex to engage when the ball went behind for a goal kick - the players I think appreciate Collum’s communication and there was little dissent for a change. 

I am not usually one who has much time for some refs in the SPL but I do think if there is one who handles a game well that it needs mentioning !

Hope he doesn’t resort to type when he next refs us !

A few years back I would say he was appalling, however, in the last couple of years he was been one of the better refs (Admittedly its a low bar). Also thought he had a decent game yesterday, it was a tough game, and a tough game to ref IMO, and he was fair overall I thought

16 hours ago, steve123 said:

Robbie said on the radio that they were like the walking wounded but did not think any of them were that bad...

And Dundee Utd were like the Walking Dead

Was quite happy with the state of Edwards' face after Simms let him know :D 

16 hours ago, Rudy T said:

If it’s his ankle I think we’ve seen the last of him.

I think it was judging by his reaction after he gave away the penalty. Hopefully more precautionary than a major problem.

As for the others, Atkinson took a knock also on the ankle I believe on Wednesday v Aberdeen, saw him holding it a few times and stretching so may have been carrying a knock.

Cochrane was a head knock so would be checked for concussion.

GMS was his wrist so hardly think that should keep him from playing.

Devlin is a hamstring problem so that could be the worst as we don't really have someone else like him to chase and fetch the way he does.

Haring or Halliday can fill in there but they are both so slow it might be a time to give someone else a try.

If Atkinson and Souttar are fit then maybe try Sibbick beside Beni.

upgotheheads
12 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I think the minimum number of players allowed for the game to continue was the same as today, 7, so I think the game would have had to be abandoned, I don't know what would have happened to the points, though I seem to remember an obscure clause that if you are a team from Glasgow playing a team not from Glasgow, and if your team's name begins with R or C then you are awarded the points, and the opposing team has three points deducted for being a nuisance. I'm not absolutely sure about that though.  

132goals1958
12 hours ago, davemclaren said:

They were stuck out on the left wing for nuisance value. I recall Jimmy Milne  hirpling about and then scoring a winner against old Rangers

13 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Game would have been abandoned

BackOfTheNet

I’m interested to know the extent of each injury. GMS in particular looked like a wrist injury but they said in commentary it was a rib injury. Cochrane if it’s concussion I imagine will be fine by next Saturday. I’m still not sure if Atkinson was injured, so clueless if it was what it is. And Souttar to me looks like he went over his ankle, maybe out for a few weeks. I imagine we take longer with his injuries than standard timescales for players with similar.

Hackney Hearts
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m interested to know the extent of each injury. GMS in particular looked like a wrist injury but they said in commentary it was a rib injury.

That was just nonsense! Everyone could see him holding his wrist as he went off.

Devlin and Souttar are the most worrying - I'd say they're both out next week, and potentially quite a bit longer.

18 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Why are Rangers concerned about a Hearts player being injured ? He isn’t their player, they didn’t want to pay for him. They dont owe him anything now, or in the future if he can’t play for them. It won’t cost them a penny if he never plays again and he doesn’t answer to them either. He made his decision. They made their decision. If he never plays for Rangers I personally will be fecking delighted.

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m interested to know the extent of each injury. GMS in particular looked like a wrist injury but they said in commentary it was a rib injury. Cochrane if it’s concussion I imagine will be fine by next Saturday. I’m still not sure if Atkinson was injured, so clueless if it was what it is. And Souttar to me looks like he went over his ankle, maybe out for a few weeks. I imagine we take longer with his injuries than standard timescales for players with similar.

Souttar injured his ankle during the penalty challenge

28 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Why are Rangers concerned about a Hearts player being injured ? He isn’t their player, they didn’t want to pay for him. They dont owe him anything now, or in the future if he can’t play for them. It won’t cost them a penny if he never plays again and he doesn’t answer to them either. He made his decision. They made their decision. If he never plays for Rangers I personally will be fecking delighted.

Hoping we do well for the remainder of the season 👌 

We had a game against Aberdeen in January 2010 that I remember we finished with 9 men because of injuries after we used all three substitutes.

The BBC match report also shows Wallace coming off after 35 minutes but doesn't allude to any injuries apart from Bouzid getting treatment to his face.

Pasquale for King
7 hours ago, Thomaso said:

They were to busy trying to pin a red card on Simms! 😏

Definite red for a guy pushing you and head butting your elbow 🤦🏽

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Souttar injured his ankle during the penalty challenge

That’s what I meant, during the challenge his ankle turned over

Tommy Brown
13 hours ago, Paris 84 said:

It was a head knock. He banged heads with Butcher trying to add on a long ball, Butcher got booked for being late. He also had to hold on to the physio’s arm going off as he was dizzy. 

I think the poster wasn't serious.

The point was if Cochrane went off with concussion, it allows you a 6th sub.

Something I didn't know until said by the Hearts commentary team yesterday.

In the highly unlikely scenario in which all of the players injured yesterday don't make it back for next week then we're looking at:

_____________Gordon

Sibbick__Haring__Halkett__Kingsley

______Baningime__Halliday

______McKay__Boyce__Woodburn

_______________Simms

With a bench of Stewart, Moore, McEneff and whatever laddies we haven't loaned out. I would still back that team to get a win tbh 

Captain Canada

I'd go for this team if the 6 injured players can't start next week. 

Gordon 

Sibbick Halkett Kingsley Halliday

Haring Beni

McKay Boyce McEneff

Simms 

I'd rather have McEneff than Woodburn as he always tries his best. I expect it to be a physical game too which he won't shy away from. 

Hopefully at least 4 or 5 can make it but Souttar and Devlin sound the most doubtful. 

WheatfieldWarrior
40 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I'd go for this team if the 6 injured players can't start next week. 

Gordon 

Sibbick Halkett Kingsley Halliday

Haring Beni

McKay Boyce McEneff

Simms 

I think Halliday would be the right back, then it's dealers choice between McEneff and Woodburn.

Hagar the Horrible

Not a dirty game, but 5 injuries after an hour and 4 before the second half kicked off tell another story!

The did leave something on the man, and they tried to take out Simms while he was in the air, and ended up with a broken nose for his troubles,  bit harsh booking a player for headbutting an elbow, but it was a foul for the push, and while his feet are off the air its dangerous, just on this occasion the cuplrit came off worse and a boat race full of claret.

It was a bad one for Devlin, could have been an achilles, Cochrane concust, GMS on the ancle?, Natty failed to show second half and Soutar could have been another long term outage albeit he commited the penalty and it was a consequence

I dont think I can blame Collum, you have to look on each incident on its merit, but 6 injuries by the end I dont believe in co-incidence.  Bases on all things this was a good result,  but we need to be more agressive and surround the ref with each of these in future.  We are 1 win away from securing third then after that we can start building for next season, but we need to secure third first and that amount of injuries could have been devestating, but we still finished the game the stronger

On 05/03/2022 at 19:35, GinRummy said:

I’m probably in a minority but despite some mistakes from him, I really think Atkinson will be a good player for us. Needs a bit of time to adjust but he’ll get there. 

Robbie did say that he was signed as back up to Smith and to learn and one for the future. Injuries have forced him to oplay much more than first intended.

I think he maybe needs to bulk up a little for the rigours of Scottish football.

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

Has anyone seen an update on the injuries yet? Conscious that we have a big game Saturday...

It's all gone a bit quiet on the injuries. Cammy looked like a hamstring which will mean three or four weeks probably, and GMS seemed to be supporting his wrist on the way off, anyone heard anything about that?

1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

Has anyone seen an update on the injuries yet? Conscious that we have a big game Saturday...

Extract from EEN.

“Every sub was an injury. Gary came off then we had to put a defender on. It made it difficult but we know how we have to play. We did all right, but not enough to win the game.

“John has a sore ankle. To be honest, I’m not really sure – they were just coming off. Gary hurt his hand, Cochrane is concussion, Devlin was a hamstring. They have a couple of days off so they will be back on Tuesday.

“There were that many changes but we dug out a point. We’ve got seven points from a tough week. Josh got injured as well at the end. It’s one of those days and hopefully we don’t have too many more.

Hackney Hearts

"Sore ankle" doesn't sound too bad, nor does "hurt his hand". 

Hamstring is always worrying though.

upgotheheads
14 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Extract from EEN.

“Every sub was an injury. Gary came off then we had to put a defender on. It made it difficult but we know how we have to play. We did all right, but not enough to win the game.

“John has a sore ankle. To be honest, I’m not really sure – they were just coming off. Gary hurt his hand, Cochrane is concussion, Devlin was a hamstring. They have a couple of days off so they will be back on Tuesday.

“There were that many changes but we dug out a point. We’ve got seven points from a tough week. Josh got injured as well at the end. It’s one of those days and hopefully we don’t have too many more.

There doesn't seem to be an agreed protocol for concussion in terms of how long a player should be rested. Presumably he could still train but in his position  should he be heading the ball within the following seven days at least? There doesn't seem to be any guidance on that.

3fingersreid

Wonder if Souttar is worrying that sevco might walk away from him ? Guess he’d need to sign a new deal with us if they did .

Thought when GMS went off we’d have brought on Ginelly before Cochrane 

Anyway it’s st mirren we play , we should still have enough to give them a doing at home .

🏆🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Ex member of the SaS
On 06/03/2022 at 01:23, chuck berrys hairline said:

Said this on another thread, Simms nearly tripped chasing a lost ball down the wing, seemed to go over on his ankle slightly and fortunately no damage done.

54 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

There doesn't seem to be an agreed protocol for concussion in terms of how long a player should be rested. Presumably he could still train but in his position  should he be heading the ball within the following seven days at least? There doesn't seem to be any guidance on that.

https://sportscotland.org.uk/clubs/scottish-sports-concussion-guidance/

If none of the six make next weekend I reckon we will have a keeper and two outfield players on the bench. Can we recall youths that are out on loan? Even then Pollock is probably the only one that isn’t cup-tied.