Shane Warne RIP

Cairneyhill Jambo

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

There are always going to be a few raised eyebrows if a rich westerner dies of a heart attack in Thailand. 

Indeed.

200.gif?cid=790b76115uylu6n25fo5fopwn3lx

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Ulysses

• Jeff

• Herbert.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He was Australia's answer to Ian Botham in many ways.  Larger than life, bit of a rebel and both matchwinners and crowd pleasers.

Had the pleasure of talking to him and Alan Border after a test in Wellington.  They were both very pleasant and interested in what I had to say about the game.

Very sad today.

jack D and coke

Not saying I’d want to die at 52 but these guys live 10 lives. 
The English press tried to destroy him a bit at one time but seemed a good guy to me. 
As someone said earlier he got it right up the English and Liz Hurley. 
Lad🥰

A Boy Named Crow
2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

As I understand it, I imagine that there was some Colombian product in his health regime. I also imagine that I'd have a heart attack if I took the same stuff in the same quantities. 

Mind you, I'm not sure I should really have the number of cappuccinos that it takes to get my day rolling. So I won't judge. 

But he was definitely on it. 

I know there's a lot of sentimentality in the "civilised" world, but the Strayans are already speculating as to the weight of ching and quantity of hookers involved in his demise... not in a bad way!

A Boy Named Crow
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What's your problem? 

Some folk are just ****ing weirdos, the internet has given them a release that allows them to be dicks without the inevitable sore face they would receive if they behaved like this in the pub. Modern life, it's shite, these people DESERVE a sore face!

57 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I know there's a lot of sentimentality in the "civilised" world, but the Strayans are already speculating as to the weight of ching and quantity of hookers involved in his demise... not in a bad way!

john-entwistle-smirk.gif

John likes this post.

Edited by ri Alban

3 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Some folk are just ****ing weirdos, the internet has given them a release that allows them to be dicks without the inevitable sore face they would receive if they behaved like this in the pub. Modern life, it's shite, these people DESERVE a sore face!

I don't get it. People have disagreement, but to follow someone onto a thread about a cricketing legend and continue it. Well... 

Anyway, he'll be missed, quality characters always are. And he has so much more to give back to cricket.

A Boy Named Crow
7 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Steve Irwin disagrees with this post.  I told Barry Humphries to feck off.

I think Steve Irwin was a big deal here, but a bigger deal overseas. Warney was a ****ing legend!

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

What's your problem? 

Still waiting on you to answer me from when I asked who WE was when you said we should sort Russia out.

Seymour M Hersh
12 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Woke up to this news via a text from my son. This city's most famous son is dead and the shock will be palpable. The greatest spin bowler ever. RIP.

Ftfy.

Alex Kintner
12 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Woke up to this news via a text from my son. This city's most famous son is dead and the shock will be palpable. The greatest leg spin bowler ever. RIP.

FTFY properly 😉

Dennis Denuto
9 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

As I understand it, I imagine that there was some Colombian product in his health regime. I also imagine that I'd have a heart attack if I took the same stuff in the same quantities. 

Mind you, I'm not sure I should really have the number of cappuccinos that it takes to get my day rolling. So I won't judge. 

But he was definitely on it. 

"I'm anti-drugs. I don't do drugs. I've never tried cocaine or any of that stuff. When people found out that I'd failed a drug test, they thought I'd taken drugs but I'd taken a fat pill off my mum." said in 2018

He liked Beer, Cigarettes and sex - drugs were not his thing

Not a cricket fan but was a bit saddened to hear he’d passed away. Seemed a right character. World will be a bit duller without him. 

10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Not saying I’d want to die at 52 but these guys live 10 lives. 
The English press tried to destroy him a bit at one time but seemed a good guy to me. 
As someone said earlier he got it right up the English and Liz Hurley. 
Lad🥰

This but also ffs. 😢

11 hours ago, Tazio said:

There are always going to be a few raised eyebrows if a rich westerner dies of a heart attack in Thailand. 

Going by the photos going around on WhatsApp he was enjoying himself at the time 

If they are legit is a different story 

JudyJudyJudy

Does it really matter if he was coked and hooked up ? He’s died and his family and friends are grieving . That’s it really . Seemed to have lived a life albeit shorter than the average person 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Does it really matter if he was coked and hooked up ? He’s died and his family and friends are grieving . That’s it really . Seemed to have lived a life albeit shorter than the average person 

Well said, James. 👍

2 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

It depends on the context.  A lot of good lives have been brutally cut short by the long-term cardiovascular effects of Colombia's Finest.  I'm just wondering if it's a relevant factor.

JudyJudyJudy
27 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

It depends on the context.  A lot of good lives have been brutally cut short by the long-term cardiovascular effects of Colombia's Finest.  I'm just wondering if it's a relevant factor.

No I agree regarding drugs issue .  , it’s going to be an avalanche of health issues related to coke in the  next few years . The amount of people on it at the weekend ! 

Edited by JamesM48

8 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

No I agree regarding drugs issue .  , it’s going to be an avalanche of health issues related to coke in the  next few years . The amount of people on it at the weekend ! 

Dunno about Scotland, but it has been the "get up and go" fuel of choice for many southside Dubliners for several years.  Eek.

davemclaren
8 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Dunno about Scotland, but it has been the "get up and go" fuel of choice for many southside Dubliners for several years.  Eek.

Confession time Uly? 😉

9 hours ago, Ulysses said:

So while the Ballymunners, northsiders are chastised for drugs abuse, the posh twats are as reliant too.

;)

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

State funeral. 

:phface:

I’m much more in favour of a state funeral for a guy who was a genuine legend representing his country at sport and has done loads for charity than a state funeral for someone who happened to be born into a Royal family and spent their life being pampered.

Idolised by millions of Aussie cricket fans, inspirational to thousand of Aussie kids and has helped thousands of children through his foundation. If state funerals happen for anyone, it should be folk like that imo.

👍🏻

Edited by Alex Kintner

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

I’m much more in favour of a state funeral for a guy who was a genuine legend representing his country at sport and has done loads for charity than a state funeral for someone who happened to be born into a Royal family and spent their life being pampered. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Much of what you say is correct, Alex.

But, like @The Real Maroonblood alludes to, it's a wee bit over the top in my opinion.

Compared to our Royal Family though, then yes, much more deserving.

Alex Kintner
34 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Much of what you say is correct, Alex.

But, like @The Real Maroonblood alludes to, it's a wee bit over the top in my opinion.

Compared to our Royal Family though, then yes, much more deserving.

Yeah I get that but suppose it’s hard for us to judge looking from the outside, in. Would be interesting to get @Geoff Kilpatrick’s view.

The Real Maroonblood
50 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

I’m much more in favour of a state funeral for a guy who was a genuine legend representing his country at sport and has done loads for charity than a state funeral for someone who happened to be born into a Royal family and spent their life being pampered.

Idolised by millions of Aussie cricket fans, inspirational to thousand of Aussie kids and has helped thousands of children through his foundation. If state funerals happen for anyone, it should be folk like that imo.

👍🏻

I agree it is a lot of cobblers state funerals for royalty but that’s how it is.

Will there be one for Rod Laver as well?

Margaret Court?

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

Alex Kintner
18 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I agree it is a lot of cobblers state funerals for royalty but that’s how it is.

Will there be one for Rod Laver as well?

Margaret Court?

Yeah not sure anyone will be expecting a state funeral for Margaret Court. 😳

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Yeah not sure anyone will be expecting a state funeral for Margaret Court. 😳

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

You are aware of her views?

Of the devil, was one of them.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

You are aware of her views?

Yes.

She’ll still be admired by many.

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Of the devil, was one of them.

Against same sex relationships and pro-Apartheid. 🤪

Alex Kintner
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Yes.

She’ll still be admired by many.

Unmistakably a sporting legend and for that admired by many. Her views are abhorrent and for that reason she’s likely despised by just as many. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Unmistakably a sporting legend and for that admired by many. Her views are abhorrent and for that reason she’s likely despised by just as many. 

It was a few years ago I saw a documentary about tennis and she was mentioned and her views were terrible.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

Alex Kintner
24 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It was a few years ago I saw a documentary about tennis and she was mentioned and her views were terrible.

Agreed and she’s had much more airtime on this thread than she deserves. 👍🏻

I P Knightley
On 05/03/2022 at 12:45, theshed said:

Going by the photos going around on WhatsApp he was enjoying himself at the time 

If they are legit is a different story 

What you're seeing may be what I referred to in an earlier post: Warne with 3 bursds? If so, they've been doing the rounds for a couple of years. But if that's what he's into, the John Entwistle gif could be spot on.

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Yeah I get that but suppose it’s hard for us to judge looking from the outside, in. Would be interesting to get @Geoff Kilpatrick’s view.

There's a state funeral here every other month! That's the least of the accolades.

Alex Kintner
12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

There's a state funeral here every other month! That's the least of the accolades.

👍🏻

9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Confession time Uly? 😉

Nah.  My drug of choice is supplied in bottles and cans.

9 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

So while the Ballymunners, northsiders are chastised for drugs abuse, the posh twats are as reliant too.

;)

They are indeed.  AFAIK, nose candy isn't quite so popular in the less affluent 'burbs.