I like this Lazlo guy

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

He seems to have a glint in his eye, his interview on HW was great. He seems to be a bit of a cheeky chappy, but I like him. First impressions for me are normally the right one's when it comes to judgement of character.

I am going to give him my full support and suggest we all pull together for once and allow him to do his job (yes Vlad too). Mr pessimistic may just allow himself a little smile tonight.

So whaddya think? Lets have a group hug and welcome the new manager, be friends and get back to discussing the proper elements of this great football club.

*Edit, I know I've spelt his name wrong, it was to get you to open up the thread thinking that you'd be able to correct me on my spelling.

tartofmidlothian

*Edit, I know I've spelt his name wrong, it was to get you to open up the thread thinking that you'd be able to correct me on my spelling.

Haha! No it wasn't. Be honest now ;)

The People's Chimp

Me too. I thought the guy was a cretin after his robbo altercation, but now, i'm all geared up for a mass "shabba, shabba" rendition at the first home game of the season.

Fortress Tynecastle here we come....

Mr Loverman has certainly made a good first impression on me, very much liked his sign off comment about having a whisky with Robbo - seems to have got the Scottish culture sussed already!

Welcome Laszlo, may the good times pleeeeease roll again!

Guest JamboRobbo

agree entirely. his interview was great. he looks and talks well. lets hope he lives up to expectations.

Do The Dance

I like him too. Just watched his interview now. Saying the right things. Composed. Hopefully he follows it through with the right actions.

Just saw his interview on Scotland Today

He seems a decent bloke

I just hope he will rule with an iron fist and make those jokers work for their money!

Mon the Jam Tarts!

Swifty Frisko

There were also shots of him holding a scarf above his head.

We can all breathe easy now.

Miller Jambo 60
Just saw his interview on Scotland Today

He seems a decent bloke

I just hope he will rule with an iron fist and make those jokers work for their money!

Mon the Jam Tarts!

A big welcome from my 2 boys and Doug.

bet the hobos are passed off

Benny Factor
He seems to have a glint in his eye, his interview on HW was great. He seems to be a bit of a cheeky chappy, but I like him. First impressions for me are normally the right one's when it comes to judgement of character.

I am going to give him my full support and suggest we all pull together for once and allow him to do his job (yes Vlad too). Mr pessimistic may just allow himself a little smile tonight.

So whaddya think? Lets have a group hug and welcome the new manager, be friends and get back to discussing the proper elements of this great football club.

Loved the last part of the interview about him taking wee Robbo for a whiskey and to talk about the weather, girls etc.:)

Yip it was a good interview on Hearts World, things are looking good, lets stuff McGees lot when they pitch up.

Did you see the 84 interview, who was that next to Dave Bowman in the tub?

chester copperpot
he mentioned three little words which sold me

"i'm their leader"

Section N here I come. Will be offski for a ST tomorrow as soon as I rise out of ma pit.

I'm a very happy jambo tonight. I was suitably impressed with Ferencvaros when we played them in the group stages, never gave us much of a chance.

I also thought Robbo was a bit of an arse for hitting Shabba the way he did, but I guess thats easy to say now he's our new manager.

I would love for a bit of harmony to break out on the board and we start supporting the guy and the team.

Going to give him all the support I can by getting right behind the team at the start of the new season. Things are looking up. Mark McWho?

Bad Religion
Laszlo this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship:)

Please let it Be

PLEASE

chester copperpot
Laszlo this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship:)

I certainly hope so mate. He speaks Russian which tick's a major box for us. He also speaks English (brilliantly) which is another plus.

I have good feelings about this guy. He will get a budget aswell. Pretty decent as far as I know, but we will see.

Benny Factor
Yip it was a good interview on Hearts World, things are looking good, lets stuff McGees lot when they pitch up.

I thought it might be Hugh Burns to start with, but the vid's from 3 years before he joined.

Good first impression I thought. Looks like he'll be a regular in Robbo's by the sounds of things. I'd better make sure he doesn't join in on one of those colourful marches when he's in Belfast.

I certainly hope so mate. He speaks Russian which tick's a major box for us. He also speaks English (brilliantly) which is another plus.

I have good feelings about this guy. He will get a budget aswell. Pretty decent as far as I know, but we will see.

what do you know about the budget? he comes across as a proper person, which is the first in along time...i'm happy for the time being, will have a word in belfast and let him know that if he pumps the hobos first time he has our support for ever;)

I certainly hope so mate. He speaks Russian which tick's a major box for us.

Sadly not, Romanian, Hungarian, German and English.

I thought it might be Hugh Burns to start with, but the vid's from 3 years before he joined.

i thought he was more like Dr Who (christopher eccleston)...exterminate hobos

Incompetnce
Sadly not, Romanian, Hungarian, German and English.

Ah well, he'll speak better English than the majority of the players (Scottish ones included ;) ) and it can only be a bonus speaking 3 other languages aside from that.

agree entirely. his interview was great. he looks and talks well. lets hope he lives up to expectations.

JR after being a bit disappointed with an awful lot of your posts, I'm delighted to agree 100% with this one. Keep up this positivity, please.

Like you, I did like what he was on about and how he handled all the usual suspects with their loaded questions. Bet you're relieved to be able to change your signature !!!

chester copperpot
Haha! No it wasn't. Be honest now ;)

Mate, there's always the option of changing the thread title, you can edit it! ;)

After all this time I still cannot believe the attitude that if you're not behind the new manager/Vlad then you're a Hobo or plastic fan who isn't wanted at Tynecastle in any way, shape or form.

Hearts Heritage
Can anyone post the HW transcript? Can't access HW from work.

"Hibs are S h ** e"

I'd better make sure he doesn't join in on one of those colourful marches when he's in Belfast.

I might have got this wrong but why, cause his accent sounds German?

stuart gauld??????

chester copperpot

Can I just point out, he's Romanian, not Hungarian (I think).

Cheers.

jamboinglasgow

I really like him after his talking he sounds like he knows what to do and I am interested to know what his plan for riccarton is cos it sounds like he has an idea. Think he is the kind of person to sort out the players and get them playing as they should, heck he could even sort out Copil as I'm sure copil will benefit from having someone who can also speak Romanian.

I have been more posistive this week, first debt is getting lowered, then the view that the players are going to be fitter this season due to proper pre-season fitness under ritchie, then I saw the video of the bounce match and I thought the players looked alot happier together and I would imagine todays announcement will make them happier and will stop the rumours of players wanting out.

I think the fans will like him as he seems a likable manager who knows the game and likes banter and sounds quite clear when talking (always helps.) If he can get us winning again with a bit of attractive football then he will go down well. Hopefully vlad keeps his interfering (i.e. suggesting possible transfer targets but manager gets final say) then the crowds will sing both of their names.

Rudolf's Mate

That fire has started in my belly again. The expectation you kind of get when you were leaving the hoose to go to the game. A little bit of drenalin starting to pump the blood through the veins a wee bit quicker.

I feel good again!!!

Auld Reekin'
Can I just point out, he's Romanian, not Hungarian (I think).

Cheers.

He was born in Romania but is of Hungarian descent: his name is a definite giveaway to this. The Romanian / Hungarian borders were re-drawn after WW2, very much in favour of Romania, and this left a large population of ethnic Hungarians within Romania's borders.

Anyway, I agree he comes across well and seems to be intelligent and his own man. We'll all need to hope that he is exactly that, and that he has a strong and assertive character when the need arises as well. I think the key to his (and Hearts') success will be in knowing which are the crucial battles to fight: when to stand up to Romanov and when to give way. As ever, only time will tell, but he will need the support of the fans if he is to take us forward.

chester copperpot
He was born in Romania but is of Hungarian descent: his name is a definite giveaway to this. The Romanian / Hungarian borders were re-drawn after WW2, very much in favour of Romania, and this left a large population of ethnic Hungarians within Romania's borders.

Anyway, I agree he comes across well and seems to be intelligent and his own man. We'll all need to hope that he is exactly that, and that he has a strong and assertive character when the need arises as well. I think the key to his (and Hearts') success will be in knowing which are the crucial battles to fight: when to stand up to Romanov and when to give way. As ever, only time will tell, but he will need the support of the fans if he is to take us forward.

So in a word, Romanian. ;)

Auld Reekin'
So in a word, Romanian. ;)

Betcha' he wouldn't care to describe himself as such!

Anyway, according to tonight's EEN (OK, OK, I know... :rolleyes:) he is a Hungarian citizen.

(So, yeah, he's probably actually Romanian! :) )

chester copperpot
Betcha' he wouldn't care to describe himself as such!

Anyway, according to tonight's EEN (OK, OK, I know... :rolleyes:) he is a Hungarian citizen.

(So, yeah, he's probably actually Romanian! :) )

Only jesting mate :)

He could be Afghani as long as he's good for Hearts.

And Dave Ross, yes, he's always hated the proclaimers. ;)

Glad about that. Anyone heard his opinion on John Leslie?

Auld Reekin'

"Yes, Meester Romanov, I keep close eye on fax-machine..."!

;)

Agreed!

Mullah Omar_thumb.jpg

chester copperpot

He did reply in German when he was asked about John Leslie.

Ich hassen Leslie. ;)

I dont speak much German so may be wrong.

He did reply in German when he was asked about John Leslie.

Ich hassen Leslie. ;)

I dont speak much German so may be wrong.

Ha, ha. Don't speak German myself but think I can translate that one!

DuffKirkMacKenzie

I like Csaba and now looking forward to the coming season with him in charge and all Hearts fans singing their heids off.

chester copperpot
I like Csaba and now looking forward to the coming season with him in charge and all Hearts fans singing their heids off.

Its great that we've got McGhee's team first off. Would love it if we put a fair few past them.

We will still need some more players though, trying to keep feet firmly on the ground.

Drylaw Hearts

He mentioned the word "beast" I think.

He mentioned the word "beast" I think.

I believe that. This man keeps getting better! In 6 months I might hate him but right now he's a f****** top bloke. I'm living for the moment.

Archived