• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Watt-Zeefuik

• King prawn

• Hearts007

I would play Ben Woodburn with Simms as I think they could compliment each others style and I would not be dropping Beningime for anyone as he is our best midfielder by a distance.

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Just been listening to TIMS 😳 (This Is My Story)... and Corbett came out with an interesting stat. Apparently we've made 133 substitutions this season - that have only produced 3 goals. The scorers? Jamie Walker (no longer here) and Aaron McEneff (cannae get a game). Not checked myself, but I can't think of anyone else scoring from off the bench.

I'd like to see him get a run of a few games... but this formation is about the only one that would really suit him... and I can't see RN changing it.

Yeah that was a worrying stat. It's kinda why I've included McEneff. Not because I think he'll score but because he'll at least try to, and should get us forward. This formation is really the only way to fit him in like you say. The idea is that the full backs leave the attacking work to those in front of them. I've basically chose all the triers. 

Edited by Batistuta87

28 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Win or sacked.

We won’t win so expect him to be sacked tonight. 

Even if we lose today, we'll still be at least six points clear in third place. Anyone who thinks we will (or even should) sack him in that position is at least a couple of results short of a full classified roundup!

16 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Yawn, trolling is boring. 

So is spending your days trying to find the proof to back up an argument that has run for over 100 pages and shows no sign of ending. 

By the way, I couldn’t care less if Neilson stays or goes but to demand a manager who has a team in 3rd place should do the “honourable thing” on the back of a poor run is ridiculous. What will you demand of the next man in? No more than 3 games without a win or they should resign?

Bazzas right boot
48 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I just found it interesting given that most of our subs are usually wingers/attack minded players... and that there's only one scorer (from the bench) that is currently still at the club and can't get a game.

...surely you would expect a better return form the players at our disposal? I would... then again, I just think we don't score enough goals.

I can't say unless it's given context Tbh. 

A fact like that thrown about on it's own is useless imo. 

Doesn't mean anything. 

If our return is well below average then it's a decent point but if our return is higher or  above average  then it might not be worth a discussion. 

Your second point I agree with but again as 4th top goal scorers, although room for improvement we are above average. 

IMO it's More to do with the midfielders contributing ( or not) goals than subs. 

If the 4 goals by subs is true then our subs have scored more goals than McKay, Beni, Devlin and Haring combined this league season. 🤷‍♂️

Not convinced the sub/ goals  fact is relevant especially when there is no context in which to place it and imo not nearly the biggest issue in regards to scoring goals. 

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Win or sacked.

We won’t win so expect him to be sacked tonight. 

Expect to be disappointed..... 

For next 12 months at least! 

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Yawn, trolling is boring. 

Yet you continue to part take in it. 

Makes no sense. 

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yet you continue to part take in it. 

Makes no sense. 

If he can’t turn it around then he isn’t the man to take us forward. We came up

with the surprise element and teams maybe took us a bit lightly. We have now been sussed out and he has no answer so far. It’s time to have some guts and baws and turn it around. Playing 8 or 9 defensive minded players is not working. Injuries are not an excuse as all the other teams have them. Our current form is shocking and if he can’t turn it around then we need someone better to take us forward. Add to the fact the football is very dull, which is reflected in ticket sales for these away games. If he can turn it around then fair enough but on recent evidence it doesn’t look likely. 

We_are_the_Hearts
37 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

So is spending your days trying to find the proof to back up an argument that has run for over 100 pages and shows no sign of ending. 

By the way, I couldn’t care less if Neilson stays or goes but to demand a manager who has a team in 3rd place should do the “honourable thing” on the back of a poor run is ridiculous. What will you demand of the next man in? No more than 3 games without a win or they should resign?

I said if he can’t turn it around. Would you be happy taking this form into next season? Then panic when it starts the same. That is our current form. As I have I said IF he can’t turn it around he should do the honourable thing.

Gordon

Atkinson Souttar Halkett Kingsley Halliday

Devlin Baningame

McKay Boyce Woodburn

The last few line ups haven't worked so might as well try that.

Been left wi the kids today so missing game (cinema for peace).

Exec decision to tape alba n likely lads it til 10pm when i get me time.

BigO out

Try no too piss n moan too much today y'all!

14 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Gordon

Atkinson Souttar Halkett Kingsley Halliday

Devlin Baningame

McKay Boyce Woodburn

The last few line ups haven't worked so might as well try that.

We really need a win to get back on track so any eleven that wins will do for me.

43 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I said if he can’t turn it around. Would you be happy taking this form into next season? Then panic when it starts the same. That is our current form. As I have I said IF he can’t turn it around he should do the honourable thing.

So probably too soon right now to be thinking about him being emptied or doing the honourable thing just yet?

The current form is horrible but was always going to happen at some point unfortunately. Neilson just needs to make it as short lived as possible. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

13 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Been left wi the kids today so missing game (cinema for peace).

Exec decision to tape alba n likely lads it til 10pm when i get me time.

BigO out

Try no too piss n moan too much today y'all!

Have a great day wi the kids👍
that parting shot? It’ll no happen, tiss a way of life for most kB’rs

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

Not a fan of the rangers huddy but after recent performances,  he deserves to start imho. 

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He's just as good or better than Cochrane. 

Hmmm… have to agree to disagree on that one I think

50 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

with the surprise element and teams maybe took us a bit lightly. We have now been sussed out and he has no answer so far. It’s time to have some guts and baws and turn it around. Playing 8 or 9 defensive minded players is not working. Injuries are not an excuse as all the other teams have them. Our current form is shocking and if he can’t turn it around then we need someone better to take us forward. Add to the fact the football is very dull, which is reflected in ticket sales for these away games. If he can turn it around then fair enough but on recent evidence it doesn’t look likely. 

It's only recently that we've been doing badly.  To argue that he can't turn around recent form only on the basis of recent form is just daft.  Pretty much every team goes through poor runs of form, as well as good ones.  St Mirren are on a great run at the moment but they were on a horrendous run immediately before that.  Livingston are a similar story.  Dundee Utd had a great run early in the season then went on a horrendous run, and are now back on a decent run. 

We've been on a poor run for the last few games, and yet are still comfortably clear in third at the moment because Neilson had us the best team in the league outwith the arsecheeks by a significant margin over the first half of the season.  A poor run was inevitable at some point, but there's absolutely no reason at all not to think that the poor run will come to an end and we'll get back to winning ways fairly soon.  Of course, if it doesn't come to an end, there will come a time when a decision will have to be made about changing manager.  It was left far far too long with Levein, but I'm sure lessons have been learned there.  The fact Stendel was shown the door after a few months and not given a chance to take us into the season in the Championship indicates that, plus with Savage there and McKinlay as CEO having previous experience in the football world that Budge didn't, we seem to have a much more football-savvy hierarchy around Neilson than we did around Levein.  We're quite some way away from the point where action would need to be taken regarding Neilson though, despite the quite hysterical posting of some people on this site recently. 

For all you guys going through to Paisley cheer the team on as loud as possible as you always do👍 I very much hope it's the opposite from that dreadful night the last time I was there...yeah that night 🤦‍♂️come on the JT' let's get back to winning ways ,

we all need it in here.

4B5D9AC3-BAD3-4D17-A80E-3CE6D055CA7F.gif

02D56832-FE75-4E3F-8EB2-15C723192EEC.png

41 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Yes, £14.99 on St. Mirren TV.

37 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

cheers

Cheaper than a bus ticket to Tynecastle 😁

Statistics, phfff. Ye want statistics, I'll gee ye statistics, nae bother I'll produce a set of stats that'll strongly suggests we're about to hand someone their arse. Maybe it's blind faith, (no mibbies about it), but I'll never go into a game against the likes of St Mirren, expecting anything other than a victory. Never.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Absolute shite. 

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It's only recently that we've been doing badly.  To argue that he can't turn around recent form only on the basis of recent form is just daft.  Pretty much every team goes through poor runs of form, as well as good ones.  St Mirren are on a great run at the moment but they were on a horrendous run immediately before that.  Livingston are a similar story.  Dundee Utd had a great run early in the season then went on a horrendous run, and are now back on a decent run. 

We've been on a poor run for the last few games, and yet are still comfortably clear in third at the moment because Neilson had us the best team in the league outwith the arsecheeks by a significant margin over the first half of the season.  A poor run was inevitable at some point, but there's absolutely no reason at all not to think that the poor run will come to an end and we'll get back to winning ways fairly soon.  Of course, if it doesn't come to an end, there will come a time when a decision will have to be made about changing manager.  It was left far far too long with Levein, but I'm sure lessons have been learned there.  The fact Stendel was shown the door after a few months and not given a chance to take us into the season in the Championship indicates that, plus with Savage there and McKinlay as CEO having previous experience in the football world that Budge didn't, we seem to have a much more football-savvy hierarchy around Neilson than we did around Levein.  We're quite some way away from the point where action would need to be taken regarding Neilson though, despite the quite hysterical posting of some people on this site recently. 

Great post. 

Hope i'm wrong but just not confident today. They made a few good additions in January and they are in good form, possible new manager bounce also.

I could never bet against us but i think 5/2 is a crazy price for a home win today.

That said i'm going for 3-1 to the Famous.

FTH

Hopefully we win today but a draw wont be that bad, hobos and well will drop all points and

dundee utd will maybe get a draw so no ground lost.

17 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

confident we'll get back to winning ways today

hopefully because the last few games have been absolutely pish

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Spot on 

3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah that was a worrying stat. It's kinda why I've included McEneff. Not because I think he'll score but because he'll at least try to, and should get us forward. This formation is really the only way to fit him in like you say. The idea is that the full backs leave the attacking work to those in front of them. I've basically chose all the triers. 

I’d like to see him get a run of 2 or 3 games. I don’t feel he’s had a proper ‘kick at the ball’ yet in his preferred position… feel a bit sorry for him because he seems to have a great attitude. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

My preference...

Gordon

Sibbick

Halkett

Souttar

Atkinson

Baningime

Devlin

Kingsley

McKay

Simms

Boyce

Probably our best 11 at this point in time. 
Whether the opposition can nullify it is the question, and if they do can he change it up. 

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Spot on.

6 minutes ago, Masonic said:

outside the old firm our worst record away from the last 10 years is st mirren

Surely St Johnstone is worse?