• Bazzas right boot

• Ex member of the SaS

• Agentjambo

• Thomaso

19 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

BbC Alba for Saturday's match 

That suits me fine. 

A likely lads afternoon.

I’m going to give the likely lads routine a bash on Saturday as well. Seen every game this season except the first rangers away match but can’t watch this one as got family stuff that I can’t get out of.

I don't think we're going to see a bounce back. We should have seen a response by now so I don't think its within them. I think we'll probably draw. 

My gut feeling is we're going to lurch over the finish line. 

Just now, OTT said:

I don't think we're going to see a bounce back. We should have seen a response by now so I don't think its within them. I think we'll probably draw. 

My gut feeling is we're going to lurch over the finish line. 

Who is to blame for that??

Just now, Agentjambo said:

I don't think its as simple as just blaming the manager. We've been a soft touch defensively since losing Halkett and we've got a lot of inexperience in our team. Beyond that, I don't think our senior players are stepping up in the right way or are too limited themselves to actually offer much (Halliday). My sincere hope is that this is year 1 of an improvement plan. We have a squad littered with deficiencies that is still 9 points clear in 3rd. - Ineffective wingbacks, CMs that can't pass the ball forward effectively, a forward that runs like he's towing a camper van, goal shy wingers. So come the summer we can begin to build on that and add a LWB that can offer much more going forward - I'm actually quite annoyed we didn't go for Demi Mitchell, tailor made for what we want. Certainly far more than Cochrane. Maybe get a more well rounded CM in the Djoum mould plus wide players with the arrogance of Milinkovic and a more mobile forward and I think we're laughing. 

I want to see Devlin getting booked and being a right pain in the arse for St Mirren. I get the feeling he has been told to stop getting booked which has taken the edge off his game. 

How many times a game did Beni and Devlin take the ball off someone and pass it on. They are not doing it at all now. Which brings the question, what are they doing. They are not breaking up play or protecting the defence or bringing an attacking threat.

11 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I want to see Devlin getting booked and being a right pain in the arse for St Mirren. I get the feeling he has been told to stop getting booked which has taken the edge off his game. 

How many times a game did Beni and Devlin take the ball off someone and pass it on. They are not doing it at all now. Which brings the question, what are they doing. They are not breaking up play or protecting the defence or bringing an attacking threat.

Devlin gets booked in most matches - it's not an indicator of anything apart from the fact he needs to learn how to behave on the pitch.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Same person that will be to blame for us finishing 3rd, getting in the European league stages and giving us the platform to grow.... Again. 

b25lY21zOmM3YzE2MzkwLTQ5ZGUtNGJiYS05ZTNjLTMzZGQ4ZDg5YTM1NjoxZTkwYjlkZi00ODFiLTQxYmItOWIzMS1mYTY2NmViZjE2NDI=.jpg

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Same person that will be to blame for us finishing 3rd, getting in the European league stages and giving us the platform to grow.... Again. 

b25lY21zOmM3YzE2MzkwLTQ5ZGUtNGJiYS05ZTNjLTMzZGQ4ZDg5YTM1NjoxZTkwYjlkZi00ODFiLTQxYmItOWIzMS1mYTY2NmViZjE2NDI=.jpg

Mystic Meg noo.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Ofc he has to stop getting booked. 

Tackle properly, and when you get the ball pass to a ****ing Hearts player and  not give it away again so you need to make another tackle. 

"I want to see Devlin booked" 

Ffs. 

Bazzas right boot

Mystic Meg noo.

You can only hope we crash and burn. 

You’ll probably explode in your pants if we blow 3rd. 

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

What is your confidence based on?

It's based on my belief that we have very good players who have been under-performing of late.  At somewhere nesr our best I believe we will be too strong for St Mirren

I could be wrong of course.

22 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Ofc he has to stop getting booked. 

Tackle properly, and when you get the ball pass to a ****ing Hearts player and  not give it away again so you need to make another tackle. 

"I want to see Devlin booked" 

Ffs. 

Ok I get your point, I guess my point was I want to see him in players faces and at least putting in challenges, not getting bossed around and chasing Shadows

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Ok I get your point, I guess my point was I want to see him in players faces and at least putting in challenges, not getting bossed around and chasing Shadows

I want see him put his foot on the ball, look up and make a telling pass. 

Not run about like a kid in a primary school game. 

He's a midfielder that needs to midfield more. 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Good luck with that, I would be happy if he would just start doing what he was a couple of months ago, breaking up play and moving it on.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, jambopilms said:

Good luck with that, I would be happy if he would just start doing what he was a couple of months ago, breaking up play and moving it on.

Tbh It wasn't enough then. 

If our defenders defended, our midfielders midfielded more and our attackers attacked properly and we all move in the same  general direction we'll be grand. 

Devlin has been sussed out a bit, he's less dangerous with the ball than he is without it. 

Type of player who you let have the ball as he'll pass it back the way  or give it back  to you. 

Not great for a midfielder, he must use the ball better and stop running about like a dick and getting booked. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

ah, the verb: to midfield 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

ah, the verb: to midfield 

Defenders to defend. 

Midfielders to midfield. 

Attackers to attack. 

Goalkeepers to keep the goal. 

Accountability is key, a modern thing is that midfielders are good if they tackle and run about-shite. 

That is a good quality but only if they can pass and have composure to go along side it. 

To midfield - to link defence and attack by being able to tackle, retain possession, create and score goals and help the team ( ie in  football) to defend and score goals.

Usually accompanied or enhanced by good technique, awareness, intelligence and composure. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Defenders to defend. 

Midfielders to midfield. 

Attackers to attack. 

Goalkeepers to keep the goal. 

Accountability is key, a modern thing is that midfielders are good if they tackle and run about-shite. 

That is a good quality but only if they can pass and have composure to go along side it. 

To midfield - to link defence and attack by being able to tackle, retain possession, create and score goals and help the team ( ie in  football) to defend and score goals.

Usually accompanied or enhanced by good technique, awareness, intelligence and composure. 

Neilson has failed to get the midfielders to “create and score goals” by playing two defensive midfielders .

Bazzas right boot

Neilson has failed to get the midfielders to “create and score goals” by playing two defensive midfielders .

Got us to third tho, eh. 

Only manager to do that in the last decade, eh. 

Maybe twice, eh. 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Got us to third tho, eh. 

Only manager to do that in the last decade, eh. 

Maybe twice, eh. 

Seasons not finished,EH!