• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Ex member of the SaS

• Agentjambo

• wavydavy

Naisys Tackle

They will appoint a manager this week and get an instant bounce.

Aberdeen at home then Dundee Utd away after too.   Can't see us win until Livingston at home and even them we couldn't score against in 120 minutes last week. 

This will be a St. Mirren side playing for their place in a team to show a potential or new  manager that they have desire & fight. I’m sorry to say that I’m not so sure that we’ll be up for it if performances over the last few weeks are anything to go by. 

I honestly think if our midfield performs and isn’t so easily strolled through we can get a result. We have a shaky make do defence who have to do a helluva lot of defending. 

The problem is that perming any two from Haring, Beni and Devlin just isn’t working. Play three in there but one with an attacking mindset and push the wing backs higher up so we control midfield. 

Inconsitent wingers isn’t the way out of a crisis. 

5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I honestly think if our midfield performs and isn’t so easily strolled through we can get a result. We have a shaky make do defence who have to do a helluva lot of defending. 

The problem is that perming any two from Haring, Beni and Devlin just isn’t working. Play three in there but one with an attacking mindset and push the wing backs higher up so we control midfield. 

The problem is if your defence is  doing “ helluva” lot of defending it normally means not only is the midfield not doing there job but  also the forward line , if whatever system you are playing it’s all about ‘a team’

playing in a system if one department does not do there job it’s a domino effect mate.

HeartsandonlyHearts
8 hours ago, been here before said:

I hope to **** we lose so I can have a meltdown on here.

This. I want to be just like all the other drama queens and #obos. Not an actual #obo because that would just be gross 🤮 

And the melodramatic word in this thread is 'freefall' - we may have lost a bit of traction but not quite sliding downwards to impending doom ( not this season anyway ).

2-1 Hearts

If St Mirren win midweek, I can’t see us winning.

2 wins in the next week for them puts them 4 behind us and it unfortunately is game on for them to get 3rd.

6 hours ago, One five said:

The problem is if your defence is  doing “ helluva” lot of defending it normally means not only is the midfield not doing there job but  also the forward line , if whatever system you are playing it’s all about ‘a team’

playing in a system if one department does not do there job it’s a domino effect mate.

How would you try to fix it. Change formation, change a few of the starting line up?

There’s no chance we will get anything there. We are weak, have no leader, no form, no structure in our play and managed by a one dimensional very limited unmotivating coach who desperately needs to move on.  On this years form I’d be surprised if we won again. But Mirren will beat us nothing surer

2 minutes ago, Mirror said:

If Gordon is still out then I can't see us getting anything from the match. 

Fingers crossed he's asymptomatic, so important for us.

Hoping Smith is fit, Sibbick is honking at the back. I'd push him in to midfield at expense of Haring. 

Big talk from a player / staff member midweek’ we owe the fans a performance bla,bla, bla’ equates to another embarrassing away defeat or at best scraped draw. 

9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Tickets on general sale now. Least they have a midweek game so should give us an advantage 

So did St Johnstone last week, made no difference. 

I think we need to move away from the 343 variations.The main worry for me is I'm not sure Robbie knows how to get us out of this rut so we will just continue as is.

14 hours ago, been here before said:

I hope to **** we lose so I can have a meltdown on here.

🙄

29 minutes ago, Mirror said:

If Gordon is still out then I can't see us getting anything from the match. 

The keeper didn’t cost us the game yesterday 

7 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Draw. Hibs to lose, Mwell to lose, Utd Aberdeen to draw. 

A draw wouldn't be the worst result.St Mirren are a decent side this season and are in good form but when you see the other fixtures it's a real opportunity to make the gap bigger with a win but like many others I just don't see us being able to do it.So a hard fought draw won't be the worst but defeat and the doom and gloom rumbles on.

All roads lead to Gorgie
6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'll be very surprised if we even manage a draw.

I'll be surprised if we even manage a goal.

6 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

A draw wouldn't be the worst result.St Mirren are a decent side this season and are in good form but when you see the other fixtures it's a real opportunity to make the gap bigger with a win but like many others I just don't see us being able to do it.So a hard fought draw won't be the worst but defeat and the doom and gloom rumbles on.

Agreed, I'd happily take the results I posted now. Keep the gap the same and get another fixture out the way. A defeat along with a st mirren win midweek would be squeaky bum time. However 2 St mirren wins in the next 2 is probably unlikely. 

Ex member of the SaS

I am a Hearts fan and contrary to public belief I want us to win every game, and win handsomely. Will we win, I have my doubts unless the manager has a brain storm and picks the right team and tactics. This season will collapse into mediocrity unless something changes, who can say it will? 

Ex member of the SaS
17 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The keeper didn’t cost us the game yesterday 

Perhaps not but a defense short on confidence with a dodgy keeper means mistakes will happen.

I'd take a point.

Every single one of them is going to be precious, and few, between now and the end of the season.

I still think we'll crawl over the 3rd place finishing line but it's going to be dreary and lifeless.

3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Perhaps not but a defense short on confidence with a dodgy keeper means mistakes will happen.

Who said he was dodgy?

On one hand I know the focus now should be on the next game, to correct the wrongs. But for me it’s the ‘we move on’ mentality that is screwing us. It’s like no responsibility gets taken for the poor results and we never take the time to analyse what’s went wrong. I mean as a club and in part as a fan base.

I’ve seen a few saying “we’re still 9 points ahead in 3rd”. And? We have went from being 10 points behind the top two hoping to cut that gap to being 20 points behind them. That’s not progress, that’s just other teams playing badly. I’ve also seen people saying that people are panicking after the last two results… two? TWO? It’s last five results. I absolutely HATE how people just don’t see the 5-0 at Ibrox as a big deal. And the 0-0 at Easter Road was at the time more accepted as form goes out the window at derbies, but Hibs are a terrible team, and a draw is a bad result. Throw in the woeful performance against Livingston you can say it’s the last 5. Are we through in the cup? Yes. Were we lucky to get through? I think so.

So this is something that’s not just a last couple of games sort of thing. And there doesn’t seem to be much acknowledgement or anger, particularly from the management team. “Our rivals have got the OF and Aberdeen to come”, well after St.

Mirren (which I expect nothing from) we’ve got Aberdeen. If St. Mirren beat us on Wednesday they are 7 points behind us. I’m not saying panic, but FFS something needs to be done…

Edited by BackOfTheNet

15 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Agreed!

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

On one hand I know the focus now should be on the next game, to correct the wrongs. But for me it’s the ‘we move on’ mentality that is screwing us. It’s like no responsibility gets taken for the poor results and we never take the time to analyse what’s went wrong. I mean as a club and in part as a fan base.

I’ve seen a few saying “we’re still 9 points ahead in 3rd”. And? We have went from being 10 points behind the top two hoping to cut that gap to being 20 points behind them. That’s not progress, that’s just other teams playing badly. I’ve also seen people saying that people are panicking after the last two results… two? TWO? It’s last five results. I absolutely HATE how people just don’t see the 5-0 at Ibrox as a big deal. And the 0-0 at Easter Road was at the time more accepted as form goes out the window at derbies, but Hibs are a terrible team, and a draw is a bad result. Throw in the woeful performance against Livingston you can say it’s the last 5. Are we through in the cup? Yes. Were we lucky to get through? I think so.

So this is something that’s not just a last couple of games sort of thing. And there doesn’t seem to be much acknowledgement or anger, particularly from the management team. “Our rivals have got the OF and Aberdeen to come”, well after St.

Mirren (which I expect nothing from) we’ve got Aberdeen. If St. Mirren beat us on Wednesday they are 7 points behind us. I’m not saying panic, but FFS something needs to be done…

Totally agree here. Many said the same about Jack Dross at Hibs, that they were a poor team in waiting and only got the benefit of teams being inconsistent below them. (Allowing them to finish 3rd).

The thing is though, there’s two angles to it.  You can only get your own results. Teams being crap below is their problem and if it benefits the team above, that’s just the way it is. However, you equally can’t ignore that, or your own run of results and performances, by assessing if the team is going stale or the manager has run his course.  It’s a tough call, tbh.  

RN will get this season to see out at least. I’ve no doubt about that.  Whether  you’re (wider Hearts audience) in his camp or not I don’t think it looks great on the club sacking a manager sitting in third, it’s not good for the soul of the club. We’ve never really did that sort of thing under level headed circumstances. (Vlad aside).

It may be agonising thinking of it but we need to let the manager make an arse of it first before any changes, whenever that time will be.  Who knows though, maybe the board will think RN is doing so just now?  

Italian Lambretta
8 minutes ago, feej said:

Can't understand why the team ain't busting a gut to secure 3rd place, big, big chance to be involved in European competition. Something ain't right.

The potential of a pre season friendly in fife before the league cup group stages get going in July, must be too much of a lure.

15 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Aye. These are the moments that expose our lack of characters or choice from the bench. As a supporter you sometimes get a lift thinking about who you can bring in to give the team a bit of a lift.  

It’s a little concerning. Our confidence seems to be sinking at a fast rate and our lack of options to give the team a different approach is sobering.