Time to bin the hating and the booing

Sub4TiddlerMurray

16 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

It always happened, it just wasn't discussed on the Internet with strangers before.

Has social media created more polarising opinions that would lead to more booing? Probably, yes.

Does it mean it wasn't there before?

No, we just only chatted about it with our peers and probably forgot about it pretty quickly.

What's more interesting for sure is the people on extreme sides of the argument are determined to drop everyone into one side or another.

You are a doomsayer or a happy clapper. You can't just be someone who likes to chat about football anymore... 😞

Yeah, I think you're right here... the most 'noise' tends to come from the polar opposites. RN certainly seems to divide opinion but i would think most supporters are somewhere in the middle. There's no denying he's done a very good job this season.... and anyone thinking he's going to win every game is delusional. Even septic got beat off Livi... but the question is, can he take us further. I have my doubts but am happy to see him try and I'd be delighted for him to prove me wrong. He has a team and structure behind him now, that would benefit any manager... the future looks positive, European football could well be huge for us and instrumental in taking a next 'big' step.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nookie Bear

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Haken said:

Anyone who didn't understand the booing at the end of the Dundee game wasn't there and didn't even bother with the highlights.

As for this 'Yes we're third, but we could be playing better to be third', it's very Hibs.

The frustration for me is that everyone knows Tynecastle can be a cauldron when fired up.  Neilson needs to really think about that and learn how to get the crowd working for the team.

I don't think it's Hibs to be fair, For me playing better football, scoring and winning means we secure third place earlier than it is possible now. Therefore the earlier we secure third the more we can relax, play fringe players and bring on the young guys.

13 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Total bollocks and just made up nonsense. Wingbacks have been getting forward every game, and while delivery hasn't been great, the crosses on Saturday should have led to two penalties.

You must be watching a different team and I suspect it's one that plays at Easter Road.

Ahhh, 40 years a season ticket holder and you’ve just pointed out why I don’t expect to enjoy every game. Should’ve told me earlier ya dick it’s cost me a fortune watching the wrong team. 

38 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I don't think it's Hibs to be fair, For me playing better football, scoring and winning means we secure third place earlier than it is possible now. Therefore the earlier we secure third the more we can relax, play fringe players and bring on the young guys.

Winning points is an objective measure  but better football is subjective. My pragmatic nature always favours the objective aspects. 

52 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

They played attacking exciting football, No they didn't win but were good to watch.

Would rather win tbh

Couldn't ever see me walking away from a 0-3 being pleased at the way we played. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

21 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I thought there was a lot of inappropriate booing at the Livingston match at half time and at the end of 90mins.

For decades there has always been a far too high proportion of folk booing - often when not warranted. Personally at matches over years I will shout my opinions (yes often negative as well !) but NEVER boo - it doesnt help a jot/gives us a bad rep on TV/sounds moronic-childish.

Tynie's had a howling atmosphere 99% of the time for years, it's nothing new. Even when we play well it's absolutely dire & the fans never show their appreciation because it's "to be expected of a club like Hearts" but if we play badly the toys get thrown out. Fans are too quick to turn on players if we're not dominating & most chants die a death before they even get started. The only folks who have attempted to get the place galvanised & behind the team as an organised group end up shooting themselves in the foot by singing sectarian/loyalist songs (or at least not doing anything to deter people from it in their section), alienating a large chunk of the support before they even get started & eventually ending up barred.

The Grim Reaper
18 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Professional sport isn't about entertainment.

It's about winning.

Should just play behind closed doors and publish the result.

13 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Like the manner we won the championship in which we never won it. Everyone else lost it.

Wow .     Best contradictory statement to appear on JKB for a long time.  :vrface:

ScandinavianJambo
12 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Tynie's had a howling atmosphere 99% of the time for years, it's nothing new. Even when we play well it's absolutely dire & the fans never show their appreciation because it's "to be expected of a club like Hearts" but if we play badly the toys get thrown out. Fans are too quick to turn on players if we're not dominating & most chants die a death before they even get started. The only folks who have attempted to get the place galvanised & behind the team as an organised group end up shooting themselves in the foot by singing sectarian/loyalist songs (or at least not doing anything to deter people from it in their section), alienating a large chunk of the support before they even get started & eventually ending up barred.

I have perhaps not as grim an outlook as yourself, but must agree that as intimidating and electric as Tynecastle can be, at times it is flat and rather depressive. I can recount several games over the years when we where in the lead and it still felt like we where loosing...the booing now feels like an extension of this. Perhaps difficult years, unfulfilled expectations and now a demand to be entertained has culminated in the boo boo boys becoming more vocal. Do I like it? Not a bit, but I can't see it changing.  It would be great if the booers would cheer in equal measures, but they do not. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
14 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

For decades there has always been a far too high proportion of folk booing - often when not warranted. Personally at matches over years I will shout my opinions (yes often negative as well !) but NEVER boo - it doesnt help a jot/gives us a bad rep on TV/sounds moronic-childish.

100%

20 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Yup.

He is not wrong.

I yearn for the good old days. If it was a draw at half time yet we had chances then the team would be clapped off the pitch. Now its boo for anything. 

Its not just Hearts fans to be fair. 

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Would rather win tbh

Couldn't ever see me walking away from a 0-3 being pleased at the way we played. 

No me neither, and I know it was a one off game but, I was replying to one of the happy clappers who suggest we paly better football than other teams. I was merely pointing out that we do not. I am al for keeping possession but when it comes to nothing it becomes dull boring football. We need excitement to get the fans up for games and then the happy clappers will get what they want a fan base rooting for the team.

The most frustrating thing for me is the fact we can play really good football and lots of forward play up to xmas and now it's lots of possession with nothing else...crazy how we have lost our way....I don't boo ever...if I'm pissed off i give it a miss...even though i have a season ticket. But at the same time. fans that are passionate about their club will always voice their opinions when its not good enough and also heap praise on the team when it's all rosy.

Fingers crossed we go all out on Saturday and score a few goals...we need a completely positive approach to every game..We might actually witness a midfielder score a flipping goal lol...na sorry that's taking it tooooo far!

4 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Wow .     Best contradictory statement to appear on JKB for a long time.  :vrface:

The end comment definitely had me stuck. 

I'm certain we won it though :lol:

5 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

They played attacking exciting football, No they didn't win but were good to watch.

I would rather win. The performance is secondary. Good if you can have both but winning is still the most important part.

I don’t think entertaining, winning teams are an accident although a manager may wonder how his team will look and perform when he is initially building a team. 

I think most of us old enough will call upon AMacD’s and JJs eras as good times.  They weren’t always playing great in every game, not every game was entertaining either, but a hell of a lot were.  

Those two men knew what they wanted and how they wanted to build a team that got the fans looking forward to matches.

They didn’t always get it right but the attitude and hunger they bred into their sides over time was infectious to the support.  There always seemed to be a couple of players in their teams they knew would appeal to the fans.  

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
23 hours ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

This sounded intriguing so I checked London Hearts. January 5 1980, Derek O'Connor scored 3 in 20-odd minutes after the break. Then Clydebank score 3, the equaliser in the 87th minute. 5,172 att. Can't have been many times we score 3 and still get booed off at half-time and full-time. 

clydebank equaliser (think it was the equaliser) was a penalty first attempt crashed off the bar but re-take ordered as Crawford Boyd (not a fans favourite) had encroached on the 18-yard box - re-take dispatched

:(     

4 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

I don’t think entertaining, winning teams are an accident although a manager may wonder how his team will look and perform when he is initially building a team. 

I think most of us old enough will call upon AMacD’s and JJs eras as good times.  They weren’t always playing great in every game, not every game was entertaining either, but a hell of a lot were.  

Those two men knew what they wanted and how they wanted to build a team that got the fans looking forward to matches.

They didn’t always get it right but the attitude and hunger they bred into their sides over time was infectious to the support.  There always seemed to be a couple of players in their teams they knew would appeal to the fans.  

Both could spot talented players 👌 

The Mighty Thor
28 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Both could spot talented players 👌 

Both could also develop players and wring the best out of the squad they had. 

On 16/02/2022 at 20:44, The Goalscoring Knee said:

This sounded intriguing so I checked London Hearts. January 5 1980, Derek O'Connor scored 3 in 20-odd minutes after the break. Then Clydebank score 3, the equaliser in the 87th minute. 5,172 att. Can't have been many times we score 3 and still get booed off at half-time and full-time. 

When O'Connor scored the third he turned to the Shed and gave the v sign, and he wasn't being discrete about it either. If people think watching Hearts at the moment lacks entertainment then they should have been around to see that season. We were very, very poor.  

Atmosphere at tynecastle isn't good outside of the old firm and Hibs games , there are many that loudly moan their tits   off about nothing but would never dream of singing or getting behind the team . I'm not sure if this is because people feel they are entitled or because we have a lot of miserable gits at the games  but we lack that  defiant support like you see at other clubs can quite put my finger on why..

1 hour ago, JamboNation said:

Atmosphere at tynecastle isn't good outside of the old firm and Hibs games , there are many that loudly moan their tits   off about nothing but would never dream of singing or getting behind the team . I'm not sure if this is because people feel they are entitled or because we have a lot of miserable gits at the games  but we lack that  defiant support like you see at other clubs can quite put my finger on why..

Spot on