• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• ScandinavianJambo

• Harry Potter

• HeartsandonlyHearts

26 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I’m not happy to watch eye bleeding football you are each to their own happy clapper

If your eyes are bleeding after watching the football you should probably at least let your GP know.

6 minutes ago, Hansel said:

When we won the cup in 2012 there were games we scraped through on the way to the final. All that matters is we are through to the next round

9E536E7F-4F3D-439D-8A2F-D07368159181.png

The Mighty Thor
12 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Arseholes crying their eyes out cause we are in next round.

Keep crying

Seriously mate. You happy with that 120 minutes?

No issues? It's all golden?

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Absolutely shite finishing. Other than that a solid performance on the rest of the park.

Livi parked the bus and we didn't break them down. It happens.

Would you have fired Sergio after his thoroughly undeserved win over St. Johnstone in the same round of the cup?

The Mighty Thor
10 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Absolutely shite finishing. Other than that a solid performance on the rest of the park.

Livi parked the bus and we didn't break them down. It happens.

Would you have fired Sergio after his thoroughly undeserved win over St. Johnstone in the same round of the cup?

It's not a one off. 

We were poor today. Slow from front to back. Pedestrian even. 

Shite against hibs. Shite against the huns. Shite against Dundee. Shite again today. 

9 defensive players with Mackay and Simms today. At home. Against Livingston. 

But it's all good. Right? 

3 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

Only good thing from the games is we scored all the penalties. Boyce kept well away from them.:greggy:

3 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Yep, penalty kicks were pretty much the only positive. Its not that long ago we were sh1te at them too.  :sad:

There might be a connection.

ScandinavianJambo

Horrid weather, horrid game. Cup game for sure, and I'm relieved that we won. I was praying for a Gordon MOM moment and the handsome bugger delivered! What bothers me though, is that we had 15 corners and they never looked dangerous. Hearts have no aerial threat, our set pieces fizzles out, and we are strangely short for a Hearts team. I know Robbie said that's a price to pay for getting high calibre players, but not when they jump and never look like they will bloody reach the ball!  On top of that Simms and Boyce where both af, the goal needed to be a least three foot higher for them to come close to scoring. All in all, a horrible day in the office, against a Livingston team that does the defending and counter attacking part of the game pretty well. However, this too will pass, so bring on the next round!

Edited by ScandinavianJambo

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's not a one off. 

Shite against hibs. Shite against the huns. Shite against Dundee. Shite again today. 

We have a problem with our finishing currently and it's concerning. The misses against Dundee first half were crazy stuff like desperation clearances off the line but today we just didn't shoot well at all despite an enormous number of chances.

That's different than a complete breakdown across the park. We were far better in defence and midfield today than we were the previous two games.

13 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Halliday as a left winger is just wrong.

I'm not disagreeing with you in anyway, but I'm sure he played there for Livi as a young one....

Horatio Caine

CBA reading through the whole thread so apologies if the following has already been posted -:

Thought Sibbick (apart from one bombscare moment) looked good.  Good diagonal balls to Cochrane in the same way as Souttar usually plays them/

Cochrane imo is a good player.

GMS actually had a reasonable game when he came on.    Contributed to attacking moves

Simms WILL get us quite a few goals.

BTW - may have missed something, but why was it not Scott Wilson on stadium announcer duties?  And why did we not get the Hearts song just before KO? 

letsalldothebeattie

That game today was like the 3 games prior to it an absolute drag to watch. We are so slow in possession you see Neilson in the press saying we need to cut out trying to score the perfect goal yet we continue to try to score the perfect goal. I’m not wanting to go too harsh because we are having a good season & we ultimately got into the hat for the next round in the cup but bloody hell watching Hearts lately is becoming a chore. We are brutal on the eye

10 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you in anyway, but I'm sure he played there for Livi as a young one....

I didn't know that!

I've no problem with Halliday, I'd have swapped him with Cochrane. I just felt it was a bit negative.

He did pick up decent pockets of space. I'd try him as a runner from centre midfield if we're desperate for a goal.

Voice of reason
16 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

That game today was like the 3 games prior to it an absolute drag to watch. We are so slow in possession you see Neilson in the press saying we need to cut out trying to score the perfect goal yet we continue to try to score the perfect goal. I’m not wanting to go too harsh because we are having a good season & we ultimately got into the hat for the next round in the cup but bloody hell watching Hearts lately is becoming a chore. We are brutal on the eye

Hearts have played some good passages of football in all these games, even at Ibrox. We are far from brutal on the eye compared to the majority of seasons I’ve watched Hearts. 

What we have been doing is missing lots of chances and getting severely punished for defensive mistakes. Livingston just parked the bus and tried to hit us on the break today in brutal weather. They are also one of the form teams in the league. We deserved to knock them out today though. I’ll take that - today was never going to be easy. Our fans need to be more patient as well - booing the team if they are not ahead by halftime is not helping.

3 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

He's shown virtually nothing to suggest he deserves a start.

Lovely goal against DU…. 

Some miserable buggers on here. 

We're performing better than all the other clubs in the league apart from the Old Firm and still the Robbie haters spout their guff.

No intelligent suggestions for improvement, only mind numbing moaning. It makes this forum hard work at times. 

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

It's not a one off. 

Tend to agree, if not in such a critical manner.

We just didn't play the ball off quickly enough which played into their hands. Just too slow overall.

12 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

We're performing better than all the other clubs in the league apart from the Old Firm and still the Robbie haters spout their guff.

No intelligent suggestions for improvement, only mind numbing moaning. It makes this forum hard work at times. 

Only because the rest are beating themselves.

I'f your happy with this pedestrian style of football then fine.   

You're clearly not looking at many post if you feel suggestions are not forthcoming.

Come back after the next two away games and if the results are in our favour then I might just agree with you.

8th game in 25 days big factor in lethargic stuff  from both teams today. In those eight game we have played Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and two cup ties. Tough stretch of games and we come out the other side ten points clear in third and in the quarter finals of the Scottish cup.  League and cup position couldn’t be bettered. 

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

8th game in 25 days big factor in lethargic stuff  from both teams today. In those eight game we have played Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and two cup ties. Tough stretch of games and we come out the other side ten points clear in third and in the quarter finals of the Scottish cup.  League and cup position couldn’t be bettered. 

Unsure Livi looked in any way lethargic. They had a game plan and stuck to it, and did that well. The goalpost saved them from a victory and us an embarrassment. We don't look particularly lethargic, just utterly devoid of ideas in possession.

3 minutes ago, gedster said:

Unsure Livi looked in any way lethargic. They had a game plan and stuck to it, and did that well. The goalpost saved them from a victory and us an embarrassment. We don't look particularly lethargic, just utterly devoid of ideas in possession.

Thought we looked completely flat second half Wednesday and again today. 

4 minutes ago, gedster said:

Livi sat in. Much less strenuous than trying to push forward. 

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Watching the highlights I can’t believe we didn’t get those 2 handballs for penalties

This

2 hours ago, thegreatsd said:

Anybody know the name of the song just before kick off? It was a dance tune. 

Let’s Go (Calvin Harris feat Neyo)?

10 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Watching the highlights I can’t believe we didn’t get those 2 handballs for penalties

The second was in stonewaller category. 

The defender was still holding his arms as he faced the ref & linesman with guilt written all over his face!

I think the analysis on Sportscene was spot on. 

Neat and tidy stuff but no one in the Hearts squad that looks capable of hurting the opposition. 

2 hours ago, Horatio Caine said:

CBA reading through the whole thread so apologies if the following has already been posted -:

Thought Sibbick (apart from one bombscare moment) looked good.  Good diagonal balls to Cochrane in the same way as Souttar usually plays them/

Cochrane imo is a good player.

GMS actually had a reasonable game when he came on.    Contributed to attacking moves

Simms WILL get us quite a few goals.

BTW - may have missed something, but why was it not Scott Wilson on stadium announcer duties?  And why did we not get the Hearts song just before KO? 

One of your takes from the game is Cochrane is a good player - really?

1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:

Hearts have played some good passages of football in all these games, even at Ibrox. We are far from brutal on the eye compared to the majority of seasons I’ve watched Hearts. 

What we have been doing is missing lots of chances and getting severely punished for defensive mistakes. Livingston just parked the bus and tried to hit us on the break today in brutal weather. They are also one of the form teams in the league. We deserved to knock them out today though. I’ll take that - today was never going to be easy. Our fans need to be more patient as well - booing the team if they are not ahead by halftime is not helping.

They got booed at HT because of their first half performance.

29 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Neat and tidy stuff but no one in the Hearts squad that looks capable of hurting the opposition. 

Hard task when visiting team sits in, the space down the left though was there to be exploited and we created very little from it.

Let's be honest that was shite today, however we got through and that's all that matters. 

Going forward it's a worry. Teams seem to have worked us out and Neilson seems like he has no answer to this. 

3 minutes ago, escobri said:

Hard task when visiting team sits in, the space down the left though was there to be exploited and we created very little from it.

That's a cop out. Teams all over the world will have teams who will sit in,it's up to whoever is in charge to work out how to break that down. Robbie doesn't appear capable of doing this. 

1 hour ago, chrystaf said:

Only because the rest are beating themselves.

I'f your happy with this pedestrian style of football then fine.   

You're clearly not looking at many post if you feel suggestions are not forthcoming.

Come back after the next two away games and if the results are in our favour then I might just agree with you.

Er, in our history we're generally mixed in with "the rest" so the fact that they're beating each other but, in the main, not us is kind of how a football league works and is the mark of a team that's better than the others.

33 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Yes. The players who have been effective at beating other teams this season have not done it in the last few weeks. Boyce, McKay, Ginnelly, and others simply aren't doing what they were before.

1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

That's a cop out. Teams all over the world will have teams who will sit in,it's up to whoever is in charge to work out how to break that down. Robbie doesn't appear capable of doing this. 

Unfortunately Robbie can't provide the silky defence splitting passes from the sidelines, the players should be able to read a game aswell and take some responsibility, always to happy to play safe and go backwards, is it direction front the manager though?

1 minute ago, escobri said:

Unfortunately Robbie can't provide the silky defence splitting passes from the sidelines, the players should be able to read a game aswell and take some responsibility, always to happy to play safe and go backwards, is it direction front the manager though?

Robbie sets the team up. He knows or he should know what the players are capable of. I'm worried going forward.

2 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Robbie sets the team up. He knows or he should know what the players are capable of. I'm worried going forward.

We need a wee juanjo😪

Libertonian_II
2 hours ago, Nobreath said:

Absolutely this

5 hours ago, Nobreath said:

Halkett back in defence and Sibbick moved into central midfield would help(just an opinion), there's no forward momentum with Beni, he received the ball umpteen times and his first thought was , where's Soutar. He constantly passes back to the defence, and that's not by Robbie's design, Beni passed it forward, it went out of play and he started shouting at Michael Smith(I think it was MS) who couldn't get near it, even if he was Superman.  So get TS in there, he's full of beans and likes to get forward and I think that will push the team forward.

We need Urgency and some confidence back in this side. And we need someone to play off of Simms or Boyce, wee Barrie can't do it all himself, he needs Gino to provide with killer through balls with Simms pulling the CHs all over the shop.

Thank feck we won, job done in the end and that's all that matters in the Scottish Cup.  :jambobanana:

Oh and Cochrane should aim for the man when passing or crossing, then maybe he'll not hit the ***** with the ball. 

:flag2: 

:fth:

Malinga the Swinga
11 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

No, we can play a lot better, but we won and I'm happy with that.

Players nervous after last 2 results. They aren't world beaters and confidence a little shaken. It does happen.

Livingston were scrapping and fighting for everything and ref let them away with murder. They did same to Rangers at Ibrox, beat Hibs home and away and were never going to allow us easy game.

Weather made conditions murder, although pitch was excellent, and as time went on, no-one wanted to make mistake that cost tie.

Ref again denied us at least 1, if not two, penalties, but we held form and got through.

Was confused when the team was announced and still not sure now, was it a back 4 with Kingsley at LB and Cochrane at LM? Or was it a back 5 with Cochrane at LWB. And does anyone have an idea of what position Halliday played yesterday? As I’m still trying to figure that one out.

Ex member of the SaS

I want Robbie gone it's true, but I am smart enough to know they won't sack him when we are third. When his contract is up we should be looking for better ( don't ask who as I don't follow managers or other teams and it's not my job ). My main worry is they will stick with him if we start to drop down the league and take too long to make the hard choices. We scraped through to the next round, but if anyone thinks we will win it, playing his style and team, they are deluded. He can't pick an attacking team, most probably due to his failings to go after more attacking players and focused on defenders. IF we don't sign at least two more strikers or possibly three more attacking mids then we will suffer this brand on non football until he does go. Stats suggest we had something like 18 shots for no gain, not nearly good enough for a team of our standing. Someone posted we played 7 defenders against Dundee and 8 yesterday. We take too long to get forward and even when we do we don't have enough players attacking the ball in their box. 

Ex member of the SaS
11 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

So, the game. 

First of all the referee is a *****. 

Hearts played well enough to score.   We didn't score.    They held their nerve until penalties.    Won the penalties.   Next round here we come. 

I think  Simms will get better.   Sibbick still bedding in as well.   Beni looked confidence stricken until he turned it on abit.   

Souttar done really well playing central defender.    Won loads headers.    I'd like to see the headers won stats for that game.    Most headers I've seen him win ever. 

Gordon and the penalty takers,  take a bow.   

:yas:

I enjoyed it.    Typical cup game. 

If you enjoyed that you must have a dungeon at home.