• ScandinavianJambo

• Harry Potter

• HeartsandonlyHearts

Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

Positives:

Kingsley

4 well hit penalties

Gordon saved one

Apart from that. Very very poor game from both sides.

Corners were a positive. Throw ins were slightly better.

I have nothing else.

6 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

The stats are OK and compare favorably with other winning teams today.

The 54 dollar question is how can a team with very similar personnel that played with fluency earlier in the season look so stilted and devoid of confidence.  Reminds me of our recent Championship season where we ground out results and struggled, only getting better when Soutar returned and Neilson adopted the current 3-4-3 formation.

Do we need some psychological help? Do we still employ motivational people? 'cos we're seriously in need of a confidence pick me up!

Teams have found us out and we are clueless about adjusting.

2 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

I wonder how long McEneff will hang about, today's game was the perfect match to play him, but no our tactical genius decided yet again to play players in square pegs in round holes, as he does.

beginning to feel sorry for him, today was perfect for him to give the midfield some attacking threat. Any time I've seen him he looks up for it with assists and goals. he is the only genuine box to box midfielder we have in our squad.

1 minute ago, briever said:

I agree but our alleged superior quality should be enough to see them off. The 3-0 home game being an example.

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

And relax 

Robbie haters crying in their sugar puffs.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, maroonedinbriz said:

Arse.

There is every possibility they are indeed crying in their arse.

They talk out of it most days.

fabienleclerq
15 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

I wonder how long McEneff will hang about, today's game was the perfect match to play him, but no our tactical genius decided yet again to play players in square pegs in round holes, as he does.

He's shown virtually nothing to suggest he deserves a start.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

You could say that about a few that do start. 

5 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Ok, opinions are like arseholes, we all have one, RN suddenly decides to play McEneff after benching him forever at Ibronx in the wrong position, despite the fact that we are crying out for a real number 10 which he is IMO.

2 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Livingston got what they played for .........penaties, and they got what they deserved .......... Losing on penaties

Exactly. Best side won and we’re through to the next round after a tricky tie. Well done Hearts. :flag1:

fabienleclerq
2 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

Ok, opinions are like arseholes, we all have one, RN suddenly decides to play McEneff after benching him forever at Ibronx in the wrong position, despite the fact that we are crying out for a real number 10 which he is IMO.

Correct but if he can't get in the team playing when we aren't playing well what does that tell you? We don't play with a 10 so do we change the formation to suit a player that hasn't shown enough? Not for me. 

Walter Bishop
57 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

And yet we're above them all (except the OF).

Let’s wait and see how many points we pick up in remaking games. Seen it all before. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Dunno, How many shit reasons will folk come up with to replace a manager 3rd in the League and still in the sc?

If you’re happy with the football on display you are deluded, the only reason we are 3rd is because the rest of the teams are shittier than us 

29 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

beginning to feel sorry for him, today was perfect for him to give the midfield some attacking threat. Any time I've seen him he looks up for it with assists and goals. he is the only genuine box to box midfielder we have in our squad.

Stevie Wonder can see it.

16 corners. How can we not score from corners.  Is it only Halkett that can head-the-ball.  Pathetic coaching.

1 hour ago, oritem8 said:

Your raging we won today eh. Could of been a chance to hate on Robbie. 10 points clear in 3rd place with an awful record against the top 6 teams, lucky we don’t split the league… oh shi… 😂😂

RN not a long term solution guys. Gotta accept it eventually. He’s been found out again like the end of last season. 

I’m ragin because we should be playing better football than the shite being served up Robbie has ran his course 

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

If you’re happy with the football on display you are deluded, the only reason we are 3rd is because the rest of the teams are shittier than us 

That is how a league table works

1 hour ago, JamboGraham said:

Couldn't care less if we use an entire tub of polyfilla all the way to Hampden!!!!

Delusion at its best

21 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

arseholes scratching around for positives from an abysmal non performance.

Aye sound boys, keep scratching!

Happy clappers usually can’t see what happening in front of them till it’s too late , their defence is “ aye but we’re 3rd “ they cannot see that Robbie has taken us as far as he can and it’s time to part ways end of season hope he can get us to a final but im afraid with his management style I doubt it

You really do worry about where the goals are coming from in this team. There were actually quite a few decent balls played into the box today both from open play and corners but absolutely no-one attacking the ball. We're fortunate that most of the other teams in the league are pretty poor this season.

Jambof3tornado

Utterly terrible.

Stop using ****in wingbacks with players that can't play wingback.

Dont throw sibbick into a key position when he clearly isnt ready, Haring could easily play or go to a back 4.

We got lucky. We deserved nothing from the 120 minutes of play.

27 minutes ago, Alec Eiffel said:

16 corners. How can we not score from corners.  Is it only Halkett that can head-the-ball.  Pathetic coaching.

And 18 shots and not score!

1 hour ago, Hackney Hearts said:

What's that got to do with it?

They've beaten Celtic this season (ourselves and Rangers the only other teams to do that).

They've also recently beaten Aberdeen and Hibs, and just narrowly lost 1-0 at Ibrox.

They're only 3 points off 4th place in Scotland's top league!

Yes we were poor today, but you have to give them a bit of credit.

Precisely. We needed much better finishing to break them down during regular play and we couldn't do it, but much of that was down to them being very well organized and packing the box full of defenders.

28 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Happy clappers usually can’t see what happening in front of them till it’s too late , their defence is “ aye but we’re 3rd “ they cannot see that Robbie has taken us as far as he can and it’s time to part ways end of season hope he can get us to a final but im afraid with his management style I doubt it

**third and still in the cup

14 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Utterly terrible.

Dont throw sibbick into a key position when he clearly isnt ready, Haring could easily play or go to a back 4.

Lucky? 

What did livi deserve? 

33 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Oh God, Pantwetter wanting rid of the manager because we're in a poor run of form.  That couldn't possibly end badly. :dizzy2:

21 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Utterly terrible.

Don’t agree with us being lucky but agree we were shit.

4 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

Oh God, Pantwetter wanting rid of the manager because we're in a poor run of form.  That couldn't possibly end badly. :dizzy2:

Terry Butcher's available I hear.

Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, briever said:

Yes by playing 4 at the back and 5 in midfield. And ensuring everyone is back when we are on the ball. The number of times a Livingston player blocked or deflected a shot today was up there with the best. Teams don’t come to Tynecastle to lose they come to preserve the status quo and hit us on the break. Just like Dundee the other night. 

1 hour ago, Jamdub said:

yet threw him in at Ibrox . Baffling from our manager

Shocking performance but we are through thank god. They would likely beat anyone outside the old firm so glad to win

Edited by 1971fozzy

23 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

I’m not happy to watch eye bleeding football you are each to their own happy clapper

22 minutes ago, VALDOS' said:

I said it earlier in the season, I thought the league is extremely poor this season and the last 4 games have probably heightened that theory 

It was clear b4 season started that it was a very poor league,  as games have gone by it has reinforced that view.

1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Using terminology like 'happy clappers' weakens any point you're trying to make imo. Chronic.

So, the game. 

First of all the referee is a *****. 

Hearts played well enough to score.   We didn't score.    They held their nerve until penalties.    Won the penalties.   Next round here we come. 

I think  Simms will get better.   Sibbick still bedding in as well.   Beni looked confidence stricken until he turned it on abit.   

Souttar done really well playing central defender.    Won loads headers.    I'd like to see the headers won stats for that game.    Most headers I've seen him win ever. 

Gordon and the penalty takers,  take a bow.   

:yas:

I enjoyed it.    Typical cup game. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

arseholes scratching around for positives from an abysmal non performance.

Aye sound boys, keep scratching!

Arseholes crying their eyes out cause we are in next round.

Keep crying

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

So, the game. 

First of all the referee is a *****. 

Hearts played well enough to score.   We didn't score.    They held their nerve until penalties.    Won the penalties.   Next round here we come. 

I think  Simms will get better.   Sibbick still bedding in as well.   Beni looked confidence stricken until he turned it on abit.   

Souttar done really well playing central defender.    Won loads headers.    I'd like to see the headers won stats for that game.    Most headers I've seen him win ever. 

Gordon and the penalty takers,  take a bow.   

:yas:

I enjoyed it.    Typical cup game. 

Jeez, are you new to this. Far too positive for the trolls, Hibs interlopers and Neilson haters on here.

You're right of course.

Absolutely delighted with the result today, we needed to get through this tie by hook or by crook and I will take a win on pens everyday of the week, takes the pressure off players and management, hopefully follow it up with a win in Perth next week.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Livingston got what they played for .........penaties, and they got what they deserved .......... Losing on penaties

Well said.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

Let’s wait and see how many points we pick up in remaking games. Seen it all before. 

Have you really. How many times, with Neilson in charge, have we been doing well in league and then collapsed?

I'll go for none.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Arseholes crying their eyes out cause we are in next round.

Keep crying

Most likely Hibs interlopers.

Sometimes you just have to wonder about some people?