• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• ScandinavianJambo

• Harry Potter

• HeartsandonlyHearts

A very well organised, on form LIvi side against on off form Hearts team - just pleased to get through,  was worried about this game before hand.    Thought we controlled the game mostly,  but we still need to find the missing spark.   Really like Simms up front,  Cochrane is a good player but not a good offensive player and I still think we need more thrust through the middle.  If there's no place for McEneff for this type of game, even coming off the bench - what is the point of having him here?   Showed bottle for the penalties so well done to the players who delivered.    It's not that we are miles away,  but we have to sort out the final 3rd, and soon.

3 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

That team we played today watched by 4 men and a dog 😉

Shit support but a tough team

2 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

A very well organised, on form LIvi side against on off form Hearts team - just pleased to get through,  was worried about this game before hand.    Thought we controlled the game mostly,  but we still need to find the missing spark.   Really like Simms up front,  Cochrane is a good player but not a good offensive player and I still think we need more thrust through the middle.  If there's no place for McEneff for this type of game, even coming off the bench - what is the point of having him here?   Showed bottle for the penalties so well done to the players who delivered.    It's not that we are miles away,  but we have to sort out the final 3rd, and soon.

Good post. See that improvement in the final third, who do want as manager? You've gottae huv a name.

Edited by Riccarton3

11 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

In cup games only thing that matters is winning. 

Exactly. The sheer sense of entitlement from some in here is ridiculous. We were playing a team in the same league as us that have haD a few decent results recently but apparently we should have steamrollered them. Somebody actually referred to them as a glorified junior team! 

12 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

This papers over the cracks that’s all

Your raging we won today eh. Could of been a chance to hate on Robbie. 10 points clear in 3rd place with an awful record against the top 6 teams, lucky we don’t split the league… oh shi… 😂😂

RN not a long term solution guys. Gotta accept it eventually. He’s been found out again like the end of last season. 

3 hours ago, spacerjoe said:

Yeah for sure. Was more playing Devils Advocate.

Atkinson looks a good find. Needs to get an understanding built with Souttar, Sibbick, but has what you ask for.

Aye I like Atkinson. Going to take time but he will come good. 

16 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

This papers over the cracks that’s all

Couldn't care less if we use an entire tub of polyfilla all the way to Hampden!!!!

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

They’ve been in good form recently. Delighted to be in next round tbh. Got through a tricky tie

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

The best thing about the win today was it toppled psychiatry 

That's a good thing. The Hearts can have a positive or negative impact on mental health. 

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I know I think they are a tough wee team, just annoyed we got taken to pens at home. Still on the bright side through to the next round 

9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Hope so, we were second when he left. That won't be good enough for the experts on here though, it's unbeaten and winning each game by 5 goals or else they demand change.

They haven't learned lesson from Cathro debacle but I doubt they're capable of reason, just bitter little men hoping we lose, just so they can say 'I told you so'.

One more year to go 🚶‍♂️ 

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Good post. See that improvement in the final third, who do want as manager? You've gottae huv a name.

Why?  Not sure I understand your post...

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Exactly. The sheer sense of entitlement from some in here is ridiculous. We were playing a team in the same league as us that have haD a few decent results recently but apparently we should have steamrollered them. Somebody actually referred to them as a glorified junior team! 

A glorified junior team that beat our main city rivals in a league cup final!.

Apart from their Fifth penalty I'm struggling to think of a save Craig Gordon had to make in the preceding 120+mins.

We deserved to win in the 90mins, nevermind extra time.

John Souttar outstanding today.

Nick Walsh a disgrace.

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Yeah I did😉

Jambo in Bathgate

Livingston are the proverbial built like shit house door side. They do what they do well. Defend in depth and try to catch you on the break. We put some good crosses into the box but Livingston throw there bodies at everything. They are a hard man team built in the shape of their Manager who leads by example patrolling the technical area in his trousers and sweater. He only wore a coat today when the monsoon happened. But for the post his plan may have worked. 
Anyway we are in the draw for the next round. 

3 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Why?  Not sure I understand your post...

Don't worry. You'd have to review the Neilson thread/tapes and probably part of this thread. Life's too short. Hopefully see an upturn again from the team, boosted by a cup win however it is achieved. 

Edited by Riccarton3

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

7D19BCFA-57FE-4DAB-894C-F4F838F0EE80.jpeg

Never have a seen a stat sheet so perfectly sum up a game. 18 shots is not bad at all but 5/18 on target is pretty rank.

Livi's only corner was when Sibbick nearly Gerrarded the ball and sent it backwards over his head.

Only one team tried to win in normal time but we made bloody heavy weather of it. 

Badly need a midfielder or two that can create. I like Cammy, Beni and Haring but they are all defensive players and need a Steve Fulton type to pass the ball onto. 

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Don't worry. You'd have to review the Neilson thread/tapes and probably part if this thread. Life's too short. Hopefully see an upturn again from the team, boosted by a cup win however it is achieved. 

Ha!,  well I'm certainly not spending much time on that thread tbh!  Best to stay well clear!

Hackney Hearts
10 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

That team we played today watched by 4 men and a dog 😉

What's that got to do with it?

They've beaten Celtic this season (ourselves and Rangers the only other teams to do that).

They've also recently beaten Aberdeen and Hibs, and just narrowly lost 1-0 at Ibrox.

They're only 3 points off 4th place in Scotland's top league!

Yes we were poor today, but you have to give them a bit of credit.

Some folk need to just stop whingeing.

Livi are a decent well organised team and can usually present problems to any opposition. 

They are not in the draw for next round.

Hearts are.

fabienleclerq
17 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Completely agree. They are meant to be bloody athletes really.  Look at tennis players? Can play for up to 5 hours and then expect to play 2 days later for same length of time. 

We aren't comparing tennis to football ffs. Completely different disciplines, for a start it's not contact. 

5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

A glorified junior team that beat our main city rivals in a league cup final!.

Apart from their Fifth penalty I'm struggling to think of a save Craig Gordon had to make in the preceding 120+mins.

We deserved to win in the 90mins, nevermind extra time.

John Souttar outstanding today.

Nick Walsh a disgrace.

Nick Walsh is a little shit! 🤬

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Only one team tried to win in normal time but we made bloody heavy weather of it. 

Badly need a midfielder or two that can create. I like Cammy, Beni and Haring but they are all defensive players and need a Steve Fulton type to pass the ball onto. 

THIS!!!!!!!!!

No matter the formation the midfield needs a balance,starting every week with 2 or 3 defensive midfielder and hoping out pocket players can create is not working,we need that willing runner to go beyond the strikers.

The last three times we have won the Scottish cup we've had a match like tonight, i wasn't  worried at any point tonight , this is how we do things at Tynecastle, Our name is on the cup . **** the Hibs !!!!!!

ToadKiller Dog

We weren't awful missing the smarts  to breakdown Livis 10 behind the ball hoofball ( which they did well ) added to a all over the shop little Hitler ref who allowed them to manhandle shove push all over the shop .

Only one team played to win .

A cup game about getting to the next round which we did and deserved so if only by a small margin.

4 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

The last three times we have won the Scottish cup we've had a match like tonight, i wasn't  worried at any point tonight , this is how we do things at Tynecastle, Our name is on the cup . **** the Hibs !!!!!!

Best post of the evening. 

I am delighted. 

7 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

We aren't comparing tennis to football ffs. Completely different disciplines, for a start it's not contact. 

awe keep your hair on...ffs....my point is they are meant to be physically fit. Should be able to play at the drop of a hat. 

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Nick Walsh is a little shit! 🤬

Him and Wheatfield assistant.

Livi player prevents cross with deliberate movement  of arms. Penalty 

Two mins later he gives a free kick when ball hits Woodburn 

Countless crap decisions 

We could still be playing and we'd be no closer to scoring.  All you need to do to stop us is a high press and flood the centre of midfield.

Everyone knows this but seems to beyond Neilson to tactically adjust.

I wonder how long McEneff will hang about, today's game was the perfect match to play him, but no our tactical genius decided yet again to play players in square pegs in round holes, as he does.

26 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Possession:

Hearts 60%

Livingston 40%

Shots:

Hearts 18

Livingston 8

Shots on Target:

Hearts 5

Livingston 3

Corners:

Hearts 16

Livingston 1

Diabolical game, but at least the stats are promising.  16 corners means we were doing something up front, but we really need to start scoring goals.

The stats are OK and compare favorably with other winning teams today.

The 54 dollar question is how can a team with very similar personnel that played with fluency earlier in the season look so stilted and devoid of confidence.  Reminds me of our recent Championship season where we ground out results and struggled, only getting better when Soutar returned and Neilson adopted the current 3-4-3 formation.

Do we need some psychological help? Do we still employ motivational people? 'cos we're seriously in need of a confidence pick me up!

Positives:

Kingsley

4 well hit penalties

Gordon saved one

Apart from that. Very very poor game from both sides.