***The Official Heart of Midlothian vs. Livingston Match Day Thread***

martoon

I had the painful experience of 'watching' the game on the bet365 app.

Hearts: dangerous attack x hundreds coming to nothing then the heart in mouth moments when Livingston: dangerous attack appeared.

Had to resort to JKB for the shootout.

And we're in the pot for the  next round which, in the Cup, is the very definition of success.

Bring on the smokies.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• ScandinavianJambo

• Harry Potter

• HeartsandonlyHearts

Glad to be through.

That's been 200+ grim minutes to sit through in this weather, though.

I'm getting too old for this crap.

Ex member of the SaS

We are through so well done. Was it with skill? No, not really , however the club has to have a serious word with the GFA. How many penalties have we been denied in the last four or five games. Two today at least, two against Hibs, was there not also a shout against Dundee? Either way too many to count as anything but an agenda against us.

8 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Doesn't really matter how you do it in cup games. Well done the pen takers, all easy scores. 

Hoping for a big improvement next game though.

Yep, penalty kicks were pretty much the only positive. Its not that long ago we were sh1te at them too.  :sad:

Just now, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

In Robbie we trust.

I wouldn’t trust him to tie his own laces this has got to be his last season whatever happens 

So many folk raging. I’m delighted after a terrible week we are 10 points clear in 3rd and in the quarter finals of the cup. Now we have a week to regroup and get back to how we were playing. People forget we have played a lot of games recently.

Every team goes through a sticky spell in a season, I think this is ours! Always good to get a win when not playing well but our names in the hat and that is all we will remember. 

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You're gutted we got through today.

Hearts under Bob - 3rd in the League and progress in the sc leaves you

:seething:

It's amusing.

This papers over the cracks that’s all

1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I wouldn’t trust him to tie his own laces this has got to be his last season whatever happens 

Agree. We're through, thank feck.

1 minute ago, karipidis said:

So many folk raging. I’m delighted after a terrible week we are 10 points clear in 3rd and in the quarter finals of the cup. Now we have a week to regroup and get back to how we were playing. People forget we have played a lot of games recently.

How many shit excuses are people going to come up with

I've seen us play well in plenty cup ties and lose so I am not going to get all humpty when we play poorly and win!!

Name in the hat. Job done!

At what point do performances actually matter then?

'It's a cup game, all about getting through', or a league game '3 points is all that matters'.

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, karipidis said:

TBF I have never understood this played a lot of games. My father work a shift down the pit and played semi pro, sometimes not even getting a wash ( no pit head showers in those days). These guys play for 90 minutes ( usually ) and have an easy life training. How would any of them survive in a rugby team?

A Shoreditch Heart

it's been a rubbish last couple of weeks, but lets hope that we have now turned a corner and get back to winning games (in 90 minutes) again - c'mon the Hearts 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Aye, 3rd in the League papers over the cracks. 

Another poster 

:seething:

After today's result. 

Bet you were dripping at the gash at the thought of us going out. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

How many shit excuses are people going to come up with

Dunno, How many shit reasons will folk come up with to replace a manager 3rd in the League and still in the sc?

15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

😂😂😂

There was a few engines revved up and ready to go. 

A brucey bonus is that it's spoiled their sat night on JKB. 

Next! 

You are the weirdest little man on here. Hearts win and your first thought is to point the finger at Hearts fans who in your little black and white fantasy world wanted Hearts to get beat

Every single time without fail

8 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Take that. 

Hibs at home next please! 

Why so we can moan like **** about Neilson against Hibs again.

**** that Hibs out tomorrow

11 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

Taking us forward? Getting beaten at home to Dundee and then struggling to beat a glorified Junior team. Definitely improving us

Who were the glorified Junior team? 🤔

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Dirk McClaymore said:

Our name is on the cup.

The old will take apart anyone. 

Aberdeen pot, saints pot, hopefully hibs oot tho. 

I'll take Arbroath at home next please. 

5 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

'It's a cup game, all about getting through', or a league game '3 points is all that matters'.

They matter but a win in league or cup slows down  the march to the stadium with lit torches. Then the fans who want to see improvement will express it to those who go meh, we is through, gringo, until it ****ing  does matter. And round we go

Edited by Riccarton3

Possession:

Hearts 60%

Livingston 40%

Shots:

Hearts 18

Livingston 8

Shots on Target:

Hearts 5

Livingston 3

Corners:

Hearts 16

Livingston 1

Diabolical game, but at least the stats are promising.  16 corners means we were doing something up front, but we really need to start scoring goals.

48 minutes ago, RENE said:

When we have the ball there is no movement from our players. They all want it to feet. Nobody moves into space.

Exactly, that’s the problem, wtf are all these so called ‘coaches’ doing with the forward line. There is rarely a forward who makes a decent run in behind for a midfielder to pick a pass. Basic stuff.🙈

Edited by Hook

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Why so we can moan like **** about Neilson against Hibs again.

**** that Hibs out tomorrow

:spoton:

Arbroath or Raith please.

Walter Bishop

John Souttar the only one with pass marks today. 

Neilson is a busted flush, again. Everyone knows how we play, we have no plan B, is like his first spell all over again. 

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

When we lose obviously, then we can console ourselves with doing it the right way.

3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Pretty much the single objective of our sport.

5 minutes ago, Star24 said:

Every team goes through a sticky spell in a season, I think this is ours! Always good to get a win when not playing well but our names in the hat and that is all we will remember. 

This. Form comes and goes, we're in a dip just now, need to grind out some wins and the form and confidence will return.

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

Possession:

Hearts 60%

Livingston 40%

Shots:

Hearts 18

Livingston 8

Shots on Target:

Hearts 5

Livingston 3

Corners:

Hearts 16

Livingston 1

Diabolical game, but at least the stats are promising.  16 corners means we were doing something up front, but we really need to start scoring goals.

I'm surprised Livi had as many shots as that.

Poor as we were they didn't really create anything. 

2 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Not giving any credit to Livi then ?   They're one of the most difficult teams outside the OF to play against.   Plenty evidence in their results this season.      If Hearts have got cracks to paper over,  then so have Hibs, Dundee, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen etc 

12 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Aye no decent Hearts team has ever had a shocker of a home match to a crap team on a dreary February night.

The Dundee match was beyond shit and also just about every squad in our history has had a shit night every once in a while.

Well hopefully that is the end of it then and they improve 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

In cup games only thing that matters is winning. 

That’s true, and it’s a relief getting through today.

Interesting - but sad - that there’s the usual bent logic being applied by some, namely that if you’re guilty of bemoaning recent poor performances, it must mean you want Robbie sacked.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You are the weirdest little man on here. Hearts win and your first thought is to point the finger at Hearts fans who in your little black and white fantasy world wanted Hearts to get beat

Every single time without fail

It was my second thought. 

Oh, and I'm not the weirdest little man on here, look in the mirror. 

👍

21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

9 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.903096da0a5b56549e6948f48b213de0.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

TBF I have never understood this played a lot of games. My father work a shift down the pit and played semi pro, sometimes not even getting a wash ( no pit head showers in those days). These guys play for 90 minutes ( usually ) and have an easy life training. How would any of them survive in a rugby team?

Completely agree. They are meant to be bloody athletes really.  Look at tennis players? Can play for up to 5 hours and then expect to play 2 days later for same length of time. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

John Souttar the only one with pass marks today. 

Neilson is a busted flush, again. Everyone knows how we play, we have no plan B, is like his first spell all over again. 

Hope so, we were second when he left. That won't be good enough for the experts on here though, it's unbeaten and winning each game by 5 goals or else they demand change.

They haven't learned lesson from Cathro debacle but I doubt they're capable of reason, just bitter little men hoping we lose, just so they can say 'I told you so'.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, PortyBeach said:

That’s true, and it’s a relief getting through today.

Interesting - but sad - that there’s the usual bent logic being applied by some, namely that if you’re guilty of bemoaning recent poor performances, it must mean you want Robbie sacked.

Nah, but there is  Litterally folk on this board saying all week they want him gone and he won't take us forward and some demanding he leaves. 

Ofc we need to improve, not 1 person will deny that.