*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

Right, sod it. I'm quitting my job and opening an inflatable kangaroo shop on Gorgie Road. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

Dick Dastardly

Can't say I know much about him but if the management like him so do I. I hope he has a long and successful career for us. 

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But will the insurance recoup the fee i wonder?

Would depend on the policy i'd imagine

Absolute Scenes

i wonder who the other scottish clubs were! From the way Savage worded that, i wonder if Hibs or Dundee United tried their arm

Dick Dastardly

he was awarded the Mark Viduka medal for a man-of-the match display despite a loss to Adelaide United in the 2021 Australian FA Cup Final

Is that the same award Natty got the year before? 

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

i wonder who the other scottish clubs were! From the way Savage worded that, i wonder if Hibs or Dundee United tried their arm

Aberdeen are after a left side CH, though Scales seems to be the target.

vegas-voss
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

Some one further up the thread said Simms is on 8 thousand currently and that our current highest wage is 6 thousand ……………. If and it is an if that is correct then there looks like room for negotiation there to me

So he is on 8k as a youth at Everton if and it's a huge if we could ever afford £1.6m on a bid I would be willing to bet his agent would be looking for at least £10k as a senior player with over a million pound fee on him

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

So he is on 8k as a youth at Everton if and it's a huge if we could ever afford £1.6m on a bid I would be willing to bet his agent would be looking for at least £10k as a senior player with over a million pound fee on him

Suppose it would depend on whether or not Simms wanted to come here his wee mate Beni did

All roads lead to Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Great work Hearts, sure Kye will be a good addition. 

Notice he was voted player of the season two years running for his team, can only be a good sign!

That's a good sign that the fans rated him highly. Makes a difference from certain players in the past joining us with cries of they're shite anyway coming from their former fans. 

Welcome Kye.

vegas-voss
24 minutes ago, Move On, Comrades said:

And while we're announcing the signing of an Australian international defender, Hibs are announcing a permanent deal for Rocky Bushiri!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Holy **** why could they ever see him as worthy of a permanent deal 🤣

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I would imagine its either Hibs or Aberdeen. Their recruitment has often seemed to be lookwho Hearts are after and try to sign them.

vegas-voss
Just now, Sooks said:

Suppose it would depend on whether or not Simms wanted to come here his wee mate Beni did

Beni never put himself in the shop window here previously though.

23 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

How long is Rowles contract? Must have missed it 

3 years👍

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Of all the things to happen this pre season I didn't think we'd get another chance of coming up against Rocky 😍

If you ask me he's 100% not a WeeLeeBin signing.

PapaShango
3 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Think it was part of the loan deal if he played a certain amount of games! 

colinmorewasgash

Did Hubz not say last week that Rocky was leaving and going back to his club then suddenly he signs permanently. Wonder if they tried to put one over us but failed so Rocky useless signed.

£1.6m is a lot of money for sure, but if we could structure a deal with some money up front and then payments over a couple of years, I'd definitely be happy to do that. £1.6m now or in 2 to 3 years isn't really going to make a difference to Everton. 

The big problem is what has been mentioned already, Championship teams. Sheffield United spent £23m on Rhian Brewster who managed about 5 first team games for Liverpool.  He did have a reasonably good loan spell at Swansea, but that kind of money is ridiculous. And if Championship clubs can pay that kind of money then again for some of them £1.6m isn't going to be much of a gamble really. 

I'm sure the scouting team and manager will have been searching for replacement strikers already and I'm sure that there are other EPL teams who have players just as good as Simms looking for game time next season. Just got to trust that they can get one in, in good time.

3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Norwich City defender Rocky Bushiri has joined Scottish Premiership side Hibernian on loan until the end of the 2021/22 season.

Hibs have an option to make the deal permanent at the end of the season.

Bongo 1874

Simms will go to highest bidder, and were he will get guaranteed game time. 

At us he's a guaranteed first team starter. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Prefer a striker in, I thought forward rolls were better than backward ones

Joe Savage has said we will continue with looking to sign quality over quantity but stated the squad will get bigger. 

He also said that we have a few irons in the fire just now in terms of more new players.

It looks as though Hibs made a mess of the Bushiri loan and some diddy kept playing him even though it would trigger an obligation to buy him 😄 

11 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

You couldn't make it up!

#hibsedit

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

It looks as though Hibs made a mess of the Bushiri loan and some diddy kept playing him even though it would trigger an obligation to buy him 😄 

He played 14 games for them which looks a high percentage and wee pepsi max probably played him regardless 

Fxxx the SPFL
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

He played 14 games for them which looks a high percentage and wee pepsi max probably played him regardless 

well done agent Maloney

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

When was that video filmed? I'd have thought Lewis Neilson would be pretty close.

From the way they were talking it certain was before Tuesday (there was a question that said the fans will be asking about if Haring is staying.) Sometimes deals can move quickly so I presume that was filmed before Neilson rejected Dundee United's offer and things have gone quicker.

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Will be waiting on the outcome for Lewis Neilson, no danger will we pay £500k for him. 

Even if it went to tribunal, Dundee United wont get £500k. United are giving out that figure on the hope we will negotiate a fee with them.

PapaShango
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Even if it went to tribunal, Dundee United wont get £500k. United are giving out that figure on the hope we will negotiate a fee with them.

If they have made a dogs dinner of offering a contract they won't be getting anything.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

If they have made a dogs dinner of offering a contract they won't be getting anything.

Of course, but it all seems a sense of gamemanship from United. They know that they have no right to money as they messed up, but if they kick up a fuss in the press, threaten a potential fee of £500k from a tribunal and talk about how they made a concrete offer, then they will hope that it spooks Hearts who doubt and instead look to negotiate a deal, so United still walk away with some money when they should have had none.

Of course, I imagine Hearts are confident that no proper contract offer was given in the right time. But Hearts will be going off what his agent is saying, and there are times when agents get it wrong.

So what's his nickname gonna be?

Sausage, bacon, well-fired, crispy, morning, forward or bread Rowles?

Agentjambo
Just now, Le Chat said:

So what's his nickname gonna be?

Sausage, bacon, well-fired, crispy, morning, forward or bread Rowles?

Rowles Royce 

Welcome to Heart of Midlothian, Kye.

No idea how good the lad is so it'll be quite exciting to see how he settles in over pre-season.

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***