*** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***

dazajmbo

3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I don't know why medical or admin staff would have to go early. Seems a bit strange to me too, but then I've never been on or organised a pre season training camp so my knowledge is very limited lol. 

Huge amount of kit to be transported as well as all the equipment required for monitoring fitness, treatment of sprains etc 

wouldn’t surprise me at all if they were out there Monday or Tuesday to get things ready. Also wouldn’t surprise me if medical are being conducted in Spain as well. 

• Replies 39.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Yeh but we need to have players registered in time for European games 

That’s almost two months away as well

August Landmesser
17 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I hope we move on and find someone better 🙂 

Christian Doidge looks to be available

5 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

If Shankland is the best we can afford, or attract, then that's who we'll sign, but we would all like to think we can, and will, sign someone better. I'd like to think we can get lots of players better than all the players we've got and are rumoured to be after, but know that that would be an impossible dream.

I think we were all excited in Jan when there was talk of the Japanese lad.  There's a bit of the exotic isn't there and a bit of prejudice against Scottish players bein exciting.  So when it appears we've gone from exciting Japanese guy, who I'm sure would suit a headband to Shankland, maybe it feels a bit flat and like our recruitment is a bit lazy.

I don't feel that way and I think if they feel Shankland ticks the boxes, I trust them 100%.  It's just kinda more fun (closed season) when we're linked with lads from overseas with sexy youtube vids etc!!!!

31 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Shanklands club said no ‘official’ bid has been made. That in no way rules out that negotiations on fee have not taken place.

As for RN. I would trust your info on transfers before I trust what RN chooses to tell the press to the point that I’m not really sure why the press continue to ask him. He is serially evasive to rag journalists and uses them to feign ambivalence all the time.

Its no coincidence that he shrugs his shoulders and says we don’t really want Shankland a couple of days after their spokespersons comments.

Pretty sure we want Shankland, pretty sure we know that he would move, pretty sure we have spoken to his club, pretty sure they would sell him. Everything that has been in the press this week is down to them trying to get a higher price and us trying to pay what we think he is worth.

I completely agree, what RN says to journalists is usually complete waffle and not worth paying any attention to when it comes to transfers. I honestly think he just likes winding them up. 

I remember last season he said some deal wasn't going ahead and no more transfers, later THAT MORNING we announce a signing.

6 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I would have liked Jimmy Dunne back, but, but he's been called up to ROI & signed a new contract with QPR, all in the last week

Finally!!!!

been waiting ages for JD's name to crop up.

34 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Shanklands club said no ‘official’ bid has been made. That in no way rules out that negotiations on fee have not taken place.

As for RN. I would trust your info on transfers before I trust what RN chooses to tell the press to the point that I’m not really sure why the press continue to ask him. He is serially evasive to rag journalists and uses them to feign ambivalence all the time.

Its no coincidence that he shrugs his shoulders and says we don’t really want Shankland a couple of days after their spokespersons comments.

Pretty sure we want Shankland, pretty sure we know that he would move, pretty sure we have spoken to his club, pretty sure they would sell him. Everything that has been in the press this week is down to them trying to get a higher price and us trying to pay what we think he is worth.

A few people could do with reading and digesting this. 

jamboinglasgow
30 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It's this sort of thing we're aiming for I think, isn't it.

When there was talk that not every extra penny is going into transfer budget, I tried to list the reasons why not and how it still all adds up to us getting better players.  This is the sort of stuff.

We want to take that "next step", part of it is an every stone approach to how we look after our players.  Might all seem namby pamby to us kids of the 80s and previous, but it's two things - it's showing prospective players we're as polished and professional - even in Scotland - as they'll find elsewhere; also it's letting our squad just think about football.  We'll do the rest, you focus on you.

Completely agree with the last bit. I always think there is a failure in football among fans, pundits and staff to understand that football is determined by players who are humans so they are the most important resource at the club. Why would you not look after your most important resource and minimise discomfort for them. There seems be to a mantra around that anything that makes a player more comfortable means they are weak. See a player wears gloves, you get people angry at that player and calling them weak. But if a player has cold hands during a match, it becomes a distraction for them (even if they are trying to ignore it,) which removes focus which could mean that a mistake happens, or a player is a half second too late to make a run which could mean a goal is missed.

But as you say its also showing players you are professional. 

I hope Hearts are not putting all their eggs in one basket with Shankland.  He is contracted to Beerschot and has not requested a transfer.  Hearts will need to pay the piper.

9 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Must be someone at the airport seeing who is getting on the flight.

Squad were there for 5am 😴 

2 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I hope Hearts are not putting all their eggs in one basket with Shankland.  He is contracted to Beerschot and has not requested a transfer.  Hearts will need to pay the piper.

Did you read what Robbie said about Shankland, he is definitely not putting all his eggs in one basket 

47 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

it’s the strikers we need to solve.  Everyone would feel a lot better if we had strengthen in that area. 

Shankland, simms and Ronan and everyone would be feeling great

I get that. But Shankland and Simms are clearly our top targets and almost impossible to get early. The club either accept that and keep working on it knowing we have over a month til our first game or abandon them and move on to other targets. There'll be a time where they need to make that decision but it's not exactly vital just now.

14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Completely agree with the last bit. I always think there is a failure in football among fans, pundits and staff to understand that football is determined by players who are humans so they are the most important resource at the club. Why would you not look after your most important resource and minimise discomfort for them. There seems be to a mantra around that anything that makes a player more comfortable means they are weak. See a player wears gloves, you get people angry at that player and calling them weak. But if a player has cold hands during a match, it becomes a distraction for them (even if they are trying to ignore it,) which removes focus which could mean that a mistake happens, or a player is a half second too late to make a run which could mean a goal is missed.

No way, I draw the line at gloves.  Goalie or gtf!!!!

What next, playing with both hands inserted in a muff?

AlphonseCapone

I love when the experts on JKB warn the club about deadlines for signing players or the risks of focusing on only one target. Where would the club be without these posters I shudder to think. 

Hackney Hearts
2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I love when the experts on JKB warn the club about deadlines for signing players or the risks of focusing on only one target. Where would the club be without these posters I shudder to think. 

I tried on here to remind the club about ordering seats for the new stand - fell on deaf ears sadly. :sad:

Dick Dastardly
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Of course they'll need to be there ahead of the team lol - its not pigeon racing where you just open the hatch and let them go - there's a hell of a lot of planning that'll go into this sort of thing. The players will just show up with their wee Gucci toilet bags in their hands and everything else will be done for them. Staff will have been there for at least a few days taking care of absolutely everything from renting/collecting/setting up medical equipment and stuff like that, right down to inflating footballs and making sure Barrie McKay's flip flops are in his room lol. 

Listen to Peter Crouch's podcast for some insight into this side of football. He said he could literally turn up to a pre-season tour with the clothes on his back and everything would be sorted for him - from passports/visas, transport, accommodation, meals, clothes, underwear, socks, toiletries, medication/supplements, kit, boots, trainers, even things like sunglasses, phone chargers, stuff for making coffee, for mixing energy drinks blah blah blah... The kit man and staff would have absolutely everything he and any other player needed. We won't be quite as silver service as that but we won't be far off. 

Yeah, i understand that there would be loads of planning but i just presumed that would have been done from home and everything would have been ready to go when we arrived. I would have thought all the equipment would be ordered weeks ago and the set up etc would have been arramged at the time. 

40 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Huge amount of kit to be transported as well as all the equipment required for monitoring fitness, treatment of sprains etc 

wouldn’t surprise me at all if they were out there Monday or Tuesday to get things ready. Also wouldn’t surprise me if medical are being conducted in Spain as well. 

There wouldn't be a need for all the medical staff to go though, would there? 

Yeah, i would expect any signings made in the immediate future would head straight out and have a medical at our camp too. 

18 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Not sure if that's aimed at me, but my post was more about there's no reason for fans to panic as the club know exactly what they are doing and know how to handle the time pressures. Just in case it came across like I was saying we should abandon targets and move on.

20 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Yeah, i understand that there would be loads of planning but i just presumed that would have been done from home and everything would have been ready to go when we arrived. I would have thought all the equipment would be ordered weeks ago and the set up etc would have been arramged at the time. 

There wouldn't be a need for all the medical staff to go though, would there? 

Yeah, i would expect any signings made in the immediate future would head straight out and have a medical at our camp too. 

24 players away so most of medical staff will be required. 

32 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Indeed, coupled with the fact they have short sleeved shirts on too - twats.

Wilson Wood, Would You?
49 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Finally!!!!

been waiting ages for JD's name to crop up.

Just waiting on Lafferty and Cummings for a full house in Transfer Window Bingo!

Dick Dastardly
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

24 players away so most of medical staff will be required. 

Yeah, but i wouldn't have thought most of the medical staff would have gone before the rest of the team

Rogue Daddy
34 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

:oohmatron:

...and what about this 'socks over the knees' pish! What's that all about!?

6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

:oohmatron:

...and what about this 'socks over the knees' pish! What's that all about!?

Shocker!  I was always a Mo Johnstone (at Hearts), socks doon by the ankles kinda guy (used to wear age 6-7 shinnies (which looking back in amateur leagues, was brave).  Allied to the Colqhoun untucked back of shirt, long sleeves hands tucked in, I looked the baws.  Bleck bits enaw!!

Batistuta87
7 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I would have liked Jimmy Dunne back, but, but he's been called up to ROI & signed a new contract with QPR, all in the last week

FFS 🤦‍♂️

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I see the Sheep have spent a million of their cash so far, happy enough to pass on Ronan, there will be better out there, still reckon they are our competition, their business should give us a handy rule of thumb of whats required to stay nicely in control

Batistuta87
9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Shocker!  I was always a Mo Johnstone (at Hearts), socks doon by the ankles kinda guy (used to wear age 6-7 shinnies (which looking back in amateur leagues, was brave).  Allied to the Colqhoun untucked back of shirt, long sleeves hands tucked in, I looked the baws.  Bleck bits enaw!!

I was in the low sock crew as well, number 6 shirt regardless of where I was playing (usually right wing or up front), with rolled up long sleeves. Probably wore just about every colour of boot though - a highlight being a pair of yellow Pantafolo D'oro :D 

Exile fae Main Street
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Gloves don't bother me,.....but players wearing long sleeve tops under short sleev shirts..

Why not wear a long sleeve shirt.

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

I was in the low sock crew as well, number 6 shirt regardless of where I was playing (usually right wing or up front), with rolled up long sleeves. Probably wore just about every colour of boot though - a highlight being a pair of yellow Pantafolo D'oro :D 

I'd've kicked you

4 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I see the Sheep have spent a million of their cash so far, happy enough to pass on Ronan, there will be better out there, still reckon they are our competition, their business should give us a handy rule of thumb of whats required to stay nicely in control

They seem to be going scattergun with their approach! Ronan would be a good signing but never heard of any of the others

jamboinglasgow
4 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I saw that,  I do think if we sign Cochrane, Shankland and Grant we may have spent a million as well. Aberdeen still need more quality players so they will keep spending.

Crazy that at least two clubs outwith the Old Firm could be having a plus £1m transfer spend this window.

JamboAl1965

Ronan to Aberdeen done or is this speculation? Can’t see it anywhere. Still think he’s be a good addition 

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I saw that,  I do think if we sign Cochrane, Shankland and Grant we may have spent a million as well. Aberdeen still need more quality players so they will keep spending.

Crazy that at least two clubs outwith the Old Firm could be having a plus £1m transfer spend this window.

How many years went by in Scottish football without a single fee of any note outwith the OF?  Literally nothing in 6 figs for a long time as I recall it.

I think it's great we at least have a couple of teams now pushing the boat out a little.

A strong Aberdeen isn't the worst thing, we just need to make sure we're better than them (I'd rather they were pish obvs!)

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I'd've kicked you

I took a few. Deservedly so tbh, looking back haha. What a nick. 

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

One of my pals at the airport for a flight this morning….obviously Boycie is away to Spain

D1D5B0A8-A72C-4185-947E-1EBFA3A9CB09.jpeg

Plenty lotion for that heed I hope 

The_razors_edge
4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I took a few. Deservedly so tbh, looking back haha. What a nick. 

When I lived in England i remember playing for my school team and there was a boy in the opposition wearing a pair of those. He started poncing around, doing all these tricks and turns trying to look like the superstar. I eventually had enough and went through him. He spent the rest of the game playing hide and seek 😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Plenty lotion for that heed I hope 

Factor 100, alternatively known as a hat

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

Ronan to Aberdeen done or is this speculation? Can’t see it anywhere. Still think he’s be a good addition 

Judging by the chairmans Twitter account in for him

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

2 different ways of raising the cash as well. Hopefully we can do some good business at the business end of the pitch

Leveins Battalion

Apart from Ronans wondergoal against us i cannot remember him doing anything else apart from getting sent off.

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Apart from Ronans wondergoal against us i cannot remember him doing anything else apart from getting sent off.

He did play against other teams except Hearts which is absolutely mental to be fair

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Scored a few

August Landmesser
55 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Should've worn a looser jockstrap

19 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Case closed 😂🤣😅🤪🙄😬

The Black Prince
47 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I was on the Rialto Bridge about four years ago, gazing through a sports store window at the most gorgeous pair of boots you've ever seen. Bright red, and looked amazing - some Italian brand I'd never heard of. They were about 300 euros and my wife was hassling me to get them (mainly out of guilt at how much we'd spent on stuff for her), but I absolutely refused.

"I play over 45s FFS," I said. "I'm not wearing those... I'd look like a nob and blokes would be trying to break my leg every week!"

Didn't get them, but kinda wish I did now. I could've had them framed. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’d rather we had Conan than Aberdeen because we know Goodwin can get a tune out of him in a crap team. In a good team I think he can thrive and it’s an area or type of player that we need an upgrade on our current squad and Conan would be an upgrade.

On other matters - Robbie will be keeping things under wraps but I bet him and the coaches are disappointed they didn’t get the 2 or 3 rumoured/expected additional signings over the line this week before leaving for Spain today. He will hope for movement quickly I am sure because having as many new players as possible in a foreign training camp is the best foundation for new players bonding and gelling with what they need to bond and gel with.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

• davemclaren changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Window 2022 - Snodgrass signs ***