Rugby Union

Maroon Sailor

I have sympathy for Jones.  They could end up finishing 5th for the second year running but they're a good team that could be a championship winning team very easily.  

It's a really competitive championship and it doesn't take an awful lot for one of the best teams to look like an also-ran.  

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Victorian

5 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

I've only watched the highlights but from your analysis England seemed to lack discipline and composure.

Who is their coach again?

A WUM of sorts I recall.

The main criticism of England by the 'experts' is they are too negative. Kick too much notably.

On the one hand I noted 4 or 5 key moments English players got it wrong, had it gone other way a famous would have been possible. But on the other hand misplaced handling cost Ireland 5 tries they were that dominant overall.  Always small margins in rugby. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Malinga the Swinga

Pathetic ban for red card received by England. If rugby serious about protecting players, then they have to stop that type of tackle, otherwise, nothing changes.

6 weeks reduced to three. 

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Finn Russell dropped to the bench. He can't have many complaints, considering how relatively poorly he's played this Six Nations.

I P Knightley
27 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A change and Johnny Gray comes in too

Reports are that Kinghorn's been having a bit of a season at #10 for Edinburgh but he's not as natural a fly-half as Hastings. I don't think that organising a back line comes as naturally to BK as it does to Hastings. 

No complaints about Russell being demoted to the bench; nothing has clicked for him in the last three games and the Irish match is the right one to be pragmatic about. The Irish would punish his mistakes more than any other team and, unfortunately, he's been making too many of them.

conn artist

BK is an inconsistent kicker. Can only assume that hogg will be on kicking duties? BK doesn't kick for edinburgh as he missed so many early in the season. 

14 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Delighted for Italy - saw the first half in the pub and they were unlucky not be  be ahead at HT. 

They were 5 ahead at HT.

Francis Albert
Just now, Victorian said:

They were 5 ahead at HT.

Sorry. A well deserved half time lead

then! Must have left the pub before HT.

Seymour M Hersh

**** off Barnes you twat. You're like a GFA ref involved in a game involving one of the arse cheeks. Oh and Hogg **** off as well you hibs gobshite. 

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Townsend has to go. He's completely bereft of ideas now.

It’s just what I came on to say. 
He’s had long enough it’s time for some freshness. 

manaliveits105

So predictable thank feck I just flicked back and forward with the footie 

no wonder bookies were being tight with the handicap scores 

Malinga the Swinga

Players look disinterested. When does it stop being players fault and start being coaches.

Hogg has cost another try and it's becoming a bad habit. Perhaps he needs to be dropped.

Scotland did some things well. I thought Ireland were good. Gibson Park was great to watch.

But really Scotland. The basic problem of course is all the penalties and loss in contact. But butchering try opportunities is unforgivable. The early line out after a penalty lost. Stuart Hogg yet again butchers an easy try. Then a great penalty position thrown away and another near try line possession lost. It's a different game if half these opportunities are taken. 

People will give up on Scotland again. 

And everyone can book things around the early finish in the World Cup next year. 

Malinga the Swinga

Other than France, none of Northern Hemisphere sides are up to much.

Ireland are okay but limited creatively and have record of bottling big games in world cup.

Scotland regressing under Townsend who isn't reacting well to pressure. His interview tonight was a masterclass in how not to handle an interview.

Wales are dire. No ambition, no creativity, no nothing.

Italy are poor as well. Somehow won today despite trying everything to lose game, but in poor match, Wales managed to outpish the.

England are the enigma. Have the players, but somehow contrive to be less of a team than the individual components. Perhaps their coach is holding them back.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

**** off Barnes you twat. You're like a GFA ref involved in a game involving one of the arse cheeks. Oh and Hogg **** off as well you hibs gobshite. 

I'm going to say that Wayne Barnes had a good game. He had to school the TMO over Schoeman's try and again when Schoeman ran into Henderson with both arms wrapping the ball. That TMO seemed desperate to have the try chalked off and then have Schoeman carded but Barnes held firm (and was correct).

Ridiculous penalty count against us, though. I don't know how you're supposed to get a bunch of experienced professional players to keep the heid throughout a match. Are they really that thick? (Don't answer that - the thought that 6 of them, including the highest profile players, imagined it was a good idea to go out drinking in Edinburgh gives us all the answer we need.)

Pretty straightforward for France. 

Dealing with the high ball and outstanding in the break down.

Just some handling errors prevented them being out of sight.

18-6 half time. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
26 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I'm going to say that Wayne Barnes had a good game. He had to school the TMO over Schoeman's try and again when Schoeman ran into Henderson with both arms wrapping the ball. That TMO seemed desperate to have the try chalked off and then have Schoeman carded but Barnes held firm (and was correct).

Ridiculous penalty count against us, though. I don't know how you're supposed to get a bunch of experienced professional players to keep the heid throughout a match. Are they really that thick? (Don't answer that - the thought that 6 of them, including the highest profile players, imagined it was a good idea to go out drinking in Edinburgh gives us all the answer we need.)

Nobody ever presses Townsend on the ludicrous penalties Scotland consistently give away. It’s the team’s biggest weakness. Like you say, they are very often thick as ****

Dusk_Till_Dawn

For all the criticism of England too, they’ve been far better in these six nations than Scotland. Scotland are massively overrated 

jack D and coke
26 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Massively disappointing tournament for Scotland. Won their cup final and were then dog shit

Off to a great start regardless of who it was and listen we all love a win against England but it just went flat from that game…

Hogg getting some unjust stick for me but the pass inside is the only option ffs. What a fecking tackle tho let’s not take away how much that boy has put everything into that. Hogg is a big lad and he’s hit him like a train. 
Russell been hugely disappointing. 
I like Townsend but we need to try something else. 

jack D and coke
30 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Nobody ever presses Townsend on the ludicrous penalties Scotland consistently give away. It’s the team’s biggest weakness. Like you say, they are very often thick as ****

I’ve felt this for a long time whoever was coach. There’s a real slackness about us…

Sometimes you feel it’s harsh too but it’s been going on for too long for it to be that. 
It’s sort of the same with football we don’t use refereeing to our advantage. It always seems it punishes us. 

Eddie Jones probably keeps his job based on England's second half performance.

Whether that's good for England for  World Cup next year remains to be seen. 

jack D and coke

Just watched the highlights and is the Italy win not a glorious watch? Look at the joy on those faces…

Weve all got carried away watching silly games of sport and as I get older I like to see other people feel those moments I’ve felt.  
I remember thinking I’d never see hearts win anything and I’m getting such a soft ***** these days I’m actually enjoying other peoples successes :lol: 

Is there something going on, in the Scotland camp. Are the players trying to get rid of GT? 

Well done France, they must be favourites to win the WC on home turf.

Edited by ri Alban

9 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Off to a great start regardless of who it was and listen we all love a win against England but it just went flat from that game…

Hogg getting some unjust stick for me but the pass inside is the only option ffs. What a fecking tackle tho let’s not take away how much that boy has put everything into that. Hogg is a big lad and he’s hit him like a train. 
Russell been hugely disappointing. 
I like Townsend but we need to try something else. 

Hogg's a greedy *******.

Jambo 4 Ever
On 19/03/2022 at 18:17, Seymour M Hersh said:

Is he a Hibs fan?

18 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Well done France, they must be favourites to win the WC on home turf.

Why?  They barely scraped past Ireland on home turf, lumbered to a win over Italy, and didn't really set the foie gras alight against England either.  They should have an edge on other European countries at home, but I'm not sure the Southern hemisphere teams are going to be all that impressed.

12 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Why?  They barely scraped past Ireland on home turf, lumbered to a win over Italy, and didn't really set the foie gras alight against England either.  They should have an edge on other European countries at home, but I'm not sure the Southern hemisphere teams are going to be all that impressed.

Well they did beat the All Blacks around the same time Ireland did. 

20 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Well they did beat the All Blacks around the same time Ireland did. 

I get what you're saying, but I doubt that either defeat will bother the All Blacks too much by the time the World Cup comes around.

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

They did what they had to do against the pish of Europe and pumped NZ not long ago. 

30 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I get what you're saying, but I doubt that either defeat will bother the All Blacks too much by the time the World Cup comes around.

Why does it not matter to NZ, but does to France. I'm sure they'll be even better by next September. And let's see how NZ cope with the French welcome.

All of the above will depend on whether Putin nukes the place or not.

On 19/03/2022 at 22:51, jack D and coke said:

Just watched the highlights and is the Italy win not a glorious watch? Look at the joy on those faces…

Weve all got carried away watching silly games of sport and as I get older I like to see other people feel those moments I’ve felt.  
I remember thinking I’d never see hearts win anything and I’m getting such a soft ***** these days I’m actually enjoying other peoples successes :lol: 

Just for you. :)

jack D and coke
Just now, redjambo said:

Just for you. :)

I’m not steaming boats on a Monday morning Red but cheers 😂👍🏼

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m not steaming boats on a Monday morning Red but cheers 😂👍🏼

I have to admit that's a new one on me, Jack. :) What does it mean?

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I have to admit that's a new one on me, Jack. :) What does it mean?

How can I put this then…I’m fond of a few don revies from time to time and tend to post even more pish than usual 😂:fonzie:

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

How can I put this then…I’m fond of a few don revies from time to time and tend to post even more pish than usual 😂:fonzie:

Ah, gotcha. :D You don't need to be on the bevvy to enjoy an underdog victory though. Your original post was spot on - it was great to see the joy of the Italians after beating Wales.

jack D and coke
Just now, redjambo said:

Ah, gotcha. :D You don't need to be on the bevvy to enjoy an underdog victory though. Your original post was spot on - it was great to see the joy of the Italians after beating Wales.

It was. Even more so through really pished eyes. Made me remember the feelings of cup wins etc when you’d almost given up all hope of it ever happening. 
Great moment for the Italians.