• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• neilnunb

• Victorian

All roads lead to Gorgie

Frustrating when we looked to be gaining an upper hand. That dropped ball by Hogg was a scunner

I P Knightley

Jaminet should have been carded in the first half. The high tackle penalty on Price should have had a card and/or penalty try. 

That said, France have been sublime and deserve the win. Cards might have kept the losing margin down. 

Russell and VdM both far short of their best. 

I P Knightley

I saw Marcus Smith do a pass that wasn't forward. He could be a good player if he keeps it up. Ref didn't see the forward passes due to the brightness of the sun shining out of Smith's arse. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

So Russell gets a yellow for a 'deliberate' knock on in Cardiff yet England keep a full team. 🙄

I was more surprised the taffs got a man sin binned. 

Well done France. Very good Rugby team. Scotland didn't play badly, the French just played better.

I thought the standard of Rugby in the Scotland v France game was higher and better than the standard in the England v Wales game. Just my personal opinion.

Well that’s the Ireland - Italy game knackered. Italy first choice hooker off injured and now the sub hooker red carded. So they’re having to play a prop at hooker and a man short in the backs. 

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

What a farce this game is.

Italy down to 13 due to a red card and some utterly bizarre rules.

I missed the 13 man thing as I went off to make a cup of tea. Absolute joke ruling, and for what it’s worth I didn’t think it was a red. Probably a sin bin offence but no more than that. 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I missed the 13 man thing as I went off to make a cup of tea. Absolute joke ruling, and for what it’s worth I didn’t think it was a red. Probably a sin bin offence but no more than that. 

I'm not up enough on the laws of the tackle to say but I looked like a 'no arms' job to me.

The 13 man thing is bonkers. 

Ruined the game as a spectacle. I've put the football back on. 

Seymour M Hersh
18 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Well that’s the Ireland - Italy game knackered. Italy first choice hooker off injured and now the sub hooker red carded. So they’re having to play a prop at hooker and a man short in the backs. 

To be fair the hooking skills of that position are virtually redundant nowadays due to refs allowing feeding at every scrum. When was the last time you saw a scrum against the head? 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

To be fair the hooking skills of that position are virtually redundant nowadays due to refs allowing feeding at every scrum. When was the last time you saw a scrum against the head? 

A hooker nowadays is basically a slightly small prop who is able to throw for line outs. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

A hooker nowadays is basically a slightly small prop who is able to throw for line outs. 

I'd forgotten most line ons are now taken by hookers. 

I P Knightley
15 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm not up enough on the laws of the tackle to say but I looked like a 'no arms' job to me.

The 13 man thing is bonkers. 

Ruined the game as a spectacle. I've put the football back on. 

It's definitely ruined this game as a spectacle but consider how it might have played out had it been the Irish hooker getting a red, rather than the Eyetie.

Uncontested scrums mean that the already superior Irish forwards would have a rest at scrum time which means that they're capable of getting around the pitch a lot more than would normally be the case. So the numerical advantage given to Italy (in this hypothetical situation) would be mitigated to an extent by the Irish forwards staying fresher.

It's certainly not an ideal solution to the problem but makes  broad theoretical sense.

• 2 weeks later...
Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

France 1st try. Looking very good already. 

When they are in full flow they are fantastic to watch. Unless of course it's against us. 

Malinga the Swinga

Watching Wales is so ****ing depressing. Kick it up in air and run after it. If that doesn't work, kick it higher in air and run after it.

It might be successful but it's so boring as a spectacle.

manaliveits105

What an amazing test match a proper test match says Davies 

another Welsh borefest but they won the singing and waving to the camera 

Wales can go feck themselves. Not even pretending to try and play rugby. In saying that, frustrating that France weren't as sloppy against us.

Wales losing is never a poke up the bum with a large cactus.

France are a complete force.  They've got everything in their locker.

Roxy Hearts

Hate watching Wales. Absolute garbage. France had an off night! Butler and Davies commentating is beyond horrendous. How that high pitched Welsh twat is allowed to commentate is infuriating.