Us versus second place on Sunday...

Section Q

Anything we take off them at Ibrox is usually a bonus, but 6 goals conceded in 3 halves of football suggests we should attack them from the first whistle.

They've got Hibs up next, and their 2nd position doesn't look done and dusted.

Last minute Souttar goal for the three points....!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Debut 4

They'll have Ramsey and Morelos.

Morelos scores against us a lot. 

It'll he hard but it's pretty much a free hit against a team in disarray.

Go at them hard and quickly and who knows.

We’ve got something special happening here , players still gelling together in these early days though but by phuukk,wouldn’t it be brilliant to click this weekend 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.    🤞🏻 Cmon

Ibrox is the only game where I feel quite defeatist in the run up, for once my hopes are actually up. I’m sure that will end well

9 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Ibrox is the only game where I feel quite defeatist in the run up, for once my hopes are actually up. I’m sure that will end well

Got a point there the last time. 

Sadly, we'll give them a "free hit" by starting the game timidly and let them control from the start.

Aye, they, and Celtic, have a bigger budget etc. but we really do make it easy for them with our approach.

This Hearts squad is very good. Quite possibly the strongest, and most together, I've known in my time.

Makes it all the more frustrating that RN often seems not to have the same belief I have in Hearts 2022.

Starting to think I have more belief in RN than he has. 😊

Edited by martoon

If we put them under pressure and by some miracle open the scoring we could get something as their fans will quickly turn but given our chronic record in Glasgow (when was last win there 2013/14) I'm not hopeful 

1 hour ago, jambo1975 said:

If we put them under pressure and by some miracle open the scoring we could get something as their fans will quickly turn but given our chronic record in Glasgow (when was last win there 2013/14) I'm not hopeful 

Thats right, but they have a £19m loanee and Ramsey plus other very good players.  Difficult for any club to compete with outside celtic.  On the credit side they couldnt beat Ross County.

We are in with a chance, particularly if Souttar is back and we don't have key players having an off day.

We somehow have to manage to play a good deal of the first half in their territory and really go at them late in the 2nd half.  They looked  knackered against ross Ross County in the last 10 minutes.

I fully expect us to lose but a win is not out of the question.          

I was hugely impressed by how sharp celtic were againsr us in the first half at Tynecastle.   I prefer to give them credit for that than blame us. 2nd half was a vastly different story and they were lucky in the end.

I'd much prefer us to be really on our toes im the first half at Ibtox and have no passengers.  We might then tire towards the end and still lose but that would be preferable for me to the rearguard action.

Carrying no passengers is the key.

We'll be two or three down by HT and end up losing, possibly scoring a second have consolation goal after ten minutes of pressure. We will then wonder why we couldn't keep that pressure and intensity up for 90mins to win the game. Some people will be shaking with rage demanding Robbie's head on a spike, possibly even launching their chow mein out the window.

It's a story as old as time. 

They will no doubt have a great performance against us now after the skelping Celtic gave them or the will crumble under the pressure and be 5 behind Celtic in the league.

Can’t see us taking anything. Certainly not going into it with any expectation. Jack and Balogun came on at HT and will improve them. Throw in Morelos and Ramsey and a reaction from last night, then I can’t see us getting a result. 

2/3 down at half time. Well play like that did last night and not lay a glove on them first half. Then when it's too late change things up and have a go when the damage is done. Time and time again. Our record in Glasgow is abysmal. 

This is set up for The Rangers to come storming out at Hearts defence and score about three in the first half hour. 

They'll be like a wounded animal and for them after last night defeat will be unthinkable. 

If we don't completely crumble and get to half time level we'll have a chance. Unlikely I'm afraid 😕

7 hours ago, cosanostra said:

It’ll be weeks before Ramsay starts imo.  He’s barely kicked a ball all season.  If he was even slightly fit, he’d have played last night in the most important game of their season. 

Until we start showing more bottle from the off I’ll start feeling more confident in Hearts through there.  

I honestly think RN has a bit of thinking to do for Sunday. He needs his best, solid and dependable 11.   

No passengers.

Robbie will have us starting on the back foot and we’ll concede a couple by HT. We’ll improve second half but leave ourselves too much to do. Seen this movie before unfortunately.

Disser Pointon
9 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

Robbie will have us starting on the back foot and we’ll concede a couple by HT. We’ll improve second half but leave ourselves too much to do. Seen this movie before unfortunately.

And that's just this season alone you've seen it!

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

They'll **** us. And won't even have the courtesy to call us afterwards.

Well if that's the case then I hope we at least give them an std then.

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

We'll be two or three down by HT and end up losing, possibly scoring a second have consolation goal after ten minutes of pressure. We will then wonder why we couldn't keep that pressure and intensity up for 90mins to win the game. Some people will be shaking with rage demanding Robbie's head on a spike, possibly even launching their chow mein out the window.

It's a story as old as time. 

I’m on this train 

You’re competing against a duopoly who have the powers that be on their side with a media only interested in that duopoly.

Managers and players are beaten before a ball is kicked because of a lack of belief.

Are they beatable? Yes.

Will we beat them? I doubt it

7 hours ago, martoon said:

Sadly, we'll give them a "free hit" by starting the game timidly and let them control from the start.

Aye, they, and Celtic, have a bigger budget etc. but we really do make it easy for them with our approach.

This Hearts squad is very good. Quite possibly the strongest, and most together, I've known in my time.

Makes it all the more frustrating that RN often seems not to have the same belief I have in Hearts 2022.

Starting to think I have more belief in RN than he has. 😊

Same.

A few on here don't seem to have any belief in this team either.

Edited by Gambo

8 hours ago, Section Q said:

but 6 goals conceded in 3 halves of football suggests we should attack them from the first whistle.

Careful.......they have bigger budgets than we do.😄

8 hours ago, cosanostra said:

If it goes to form we will suffer the backlash from last night. 

Put your money on either Devlin or Beni getting a red card for looking in the general vicinity of Ramsay

Make no doubt that Ramsay will be under high protection from our refs, no one will be allowed to tackle him

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Use the template that Celtic showed tonight. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣

Two possible outcomes: Sevco are suffering after last night's result and, as such a) they are still suffering come Sunday, or b) they come out of the traps at pace.

It's sadly b) for me and Hearts will be under pressure.

Is Souttar pre-contracted out of this game?

Bazzas right boot

At Tynecastle we were the better team but they sucker punched us early. We came out the traps early, missed a few chances, we did impose our game on them, unfortunately poor defending and quick counters caught us out. 

At Ibrox, they were on top for The majority but in the end we created chances and got a point. 

Rangers don't dominate for spells like Celtic do, games tend to ebb and flow both ways more and rangers are maybe better on the counter. 

If we don't shit the bed in the first 20 minutes and with the option of Simms running behind we have a good chance of being able to counter effectively. 

As in the first 2 games we will get good chances but will we take them and more importantly will we concede a few early making the game a stroll for them?

Edited by Bazzas right boot

I thought we played some of our best football against them at Tynecastle only to lose. Got to start the game much better than in recent weeks. I fear for us at set pieces, think we give sides a real advantage with height without Halkett and Souttar. Moore isn't aggressive enough in the air for me. I would play Haring on Sunday, one reason is his heading ability in our own box. They are no great shakes and Ramsay will no way be up to speed or match fitness. Nothing to fear but we've seen this script many times before. These results won't define our season and with Motherwell playing Celtic we should still find ourselves at least 9 points clear in 3rd come Sunday evening. 

Last night showed if you press rangers in their own half there pish.

We need to be on the full backs as soon as the ball is released out the box.

For me Boyce sits on the bench for this one a Ellis plays as CF.

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Will turn on the tv and by 4:15 will be wishing I hadn't.  😐😁

4:14 kick off? 😗 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, mellors1874 said:

Last night showed if you press rangers in their own half there pish.

We need to be on the full backs as soon as the ball is released out the box.

For me Boyce sits on the bench for this one a Ellis plays as CF.

Press them in their own half but drop our forward that presses the best?

I see a flaw in your logic. 

Need to be ready for a reaction to the 2 humiliations in their last 2 games. Their defence is an utter shambles so IF we can put them under any real pressure around their box we’ve got a chance but they’ll be desperate to start fast & put us on the back foot.

As usual through there we need us to turn up & them to not, personally will be glad to get it out the way & then we don’t play either of them for a couple of months

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Press them in their own half but drop our forward that presses the best?

I see a flaw in your logic. 

The wide players are the ones to press the full backs.

Ellis is quicker than Boyce and more physical so he gets the nod for me.

Boyce is not playing well so needs dropped to the bench for this one.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, mellors1874 said:

Boyce isn't playing well? 

I'm out. 

Email Bob your plan. 

A_A wehatethehibs
8 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Use the template that Celtic showed tonight. 

Yep exactly, that’s the blueprint.

We have the plans to the Death Star, let’s execute them

Its a simple template 

Now, about that £30m-£50m , could you transfer it now to the club please?

13 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Needs a competitive midfield.  Needs all 3 of Haring, Beni and Devlin.  From there though, you need to give yourself a chance to break and stretch the pitch when the opportunity comes. 

That means pace. I’d look at possibly Ginnelly supporting Simms. I’d still play Boyce because for all his flaws he offers an out ball.  No Mackay for me or GMS.  Ginnelly is hot and cold but his forte seems to be bouncing back after being sidelined for a couple of matches.  

Edited by Debut 4