Tough to be negative but

HeartsandonlyHearts

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Devlin might be able to add goals to his game. He get forward a lot and certainly has had enough pops at goal to at least have 1 or 2 to his name. 

However both a contributing plenty without and I want to see Woodburn, Mackay, GMS and Ginelly start to hit the back of the net more often. These are the players who are meant to take the possession that Devlin and Beni provide and score the goals. 

GMS should have scored yesterday but his right foot was weak, we won easily yesterday and should have scored more goals.

9 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Because we are brutal playing against a high press. 

Halliday said they were surprised how Morherwell played at the start. Why? They absolutely bossed us at Fir Park by not allowing our back 3 to have posession and cutting off the passong routes to the wing backs and along the back 3. 

As we saw at Fir Park, first half at Livvy and against Celtic during the week (although they were excellent at times) we are terrible when a team presses us high up the pitch. 

Thankfully Kingsley realised what was needed and that was to get the ball in behind Motherwell’s high line and get them turned. From that point with Simm’s strong running the game changed.  

😂 

Ex member of the SaS
11 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

For the love of god Devlin/Beni, take a friggin shot. :arghh:

Careful now, you can't have constructive criticism on here. We are third don't you know!

Ex member of the SaS
10 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Just enjoy. 3rd by a huge margin after being promoted. 

Leave the haters to hate. It’s shaping up to be an amazing season

Sorry but we are ALL Hearts fans and no one hates, it is simply some can see frailties and want them addressed. Once we iron out simple mistakes what a team we will have as we already have a fantastic base to work from. IMHO keeping a regular team on the park is a big thing as every player gets to know how the rest think. I know you have to give the side players games but you do that when well ahead and against much weaker teams. The Glasgow bigots benefit from this every year.

11 hours ago, Do The Dance said:

IMO, more goals will come from them attempting to keep a move going than attempting a shot from 20 odd yards out.

It’s circumstantial.  There’ll be games(or have been) when we’ve played a pass too many and the one before that fell to a player who should’ve had a ping.  I think of the Livingston game where our effort count was boosted because McEneff actually took shots.  

7 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

The money gap was nowhere near as vast in Ferguson's day, tbf.

Fact is Aberdeen could spend and pay comparable with Celtic and Rangers, Peter Weir was a Scottish record when they signed him from St.Mirren

Im almost sure Willie Miller was the highest paid player in Scotland at the time

There is no comparison from the early 1980s to the present time

It changed the day Souness walked through the door at Ibrox in 1986, and with that any chance of a level playing field

Ex member of the SaS
8 hours ago, Smithee said:

I liked Robbie's reply about the gap between us and Motherwell - we're looking up, not down.

My problem with his comment was he called them the old firm and not the smelly bigot bassas from the west.😀

10 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

My problem with his comment was he called them the old firm and not the smelly bigot bassas from the west.😀

:laugh2: no argument from me

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Careful now, you can't have constructive criticism on here. We are third don't you know!

I didn’t even start it as criticism. They’ve both been great. Beni could be one of the best players we’ve seen in years. Mature beyond his years. Devlin will only get better.  
I just think they need to be more offensive on their own now and again. A shot a game would suffice.The shots have been there every game they’ve played. They just don’t have the confidence yet to let rip. Hearts fans won’t get on their backs if they hit a terrible shot in the first half of a 0-0 game.

After much thought i came to the conclusion, it is tough to be negative. But, can we have a rewind please. Maybe a loop the loop copy cat type thread.

Worry and negativity are a misuse of your imagination.

16 hours ago, Dsjambo said:

Know what you mean but Devlin had a hand in both goals 

And GMS should have done a lot better when set up by Devlin at the start of the 2nd half.

He was 18 yards out but had a clear shot attempt at goal and scuffed it.

16 hours ago, lost in space said:

Tough to be negative but why does it take us so long in each game to try to dominate?

Yes, I know we are 3rd.

Yes, I know we have just been promoted.

Yes, I know we are doing better than I would have imagined.

Yes, I know how many goals we have scored.

Yes, I know how many clean sheets we have had.

We now have a very good team but we let opposition have control for first 20/30 minutes.

So annoying!!

You better ask wee Shaun Maloney.

HeartsandonlyHearts
5 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

Beni or Devlin for the next penalty then?😃😃

If we’re up by more than 3 on Tuesday after Boyce’s been subbed with a hat trick under his belt it’s not a bad call. Good game to score their first goal. 😉

AllyjamboDerbyshire
15 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

Take a shot or maybe pass to the man wide open to shoot? Jeezo what's next we going to critisce the fact the cakes in the urinals are blue instead of Maroon? Do folk just genuinely post this pish for reaction? 

I'd prefer them to be green, myself. Most people's aim would improve, too, so the floors wouldn't get so wet.

2 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I'd prefer them to be green, myself. Most people's aim would improve, too, so the floors wouldn't get so wet.

I have no idea why folk can’t piss in a toilet/urinal. It’s been a fairly basic requirement in civilised society for quite a while. 

Edited by GinRummy

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, GinRummy said:

I have no idea why folk can’t piss in a toilet/urinal. It’s been a fairly basic requirement in civilised society for quite a while. 

Green cakes the simple answer to that problem, at least at Tynecastle. Our local pub had goals with a ball suspended from the bar so you could aim to knock the ball over the line and score a p*ss easy goal. Floors were dry until the landlady ran out of replacement goals. Everyone wears wellies now.

14 hours ago, jamborich said:

We will never be champions unless the management believe taking on the old firm is not a problem yes I get the argument about money but why do we worry about them Alex Ferguson didn't give a feck 

For as long as they keep buying 30k+ a week players you can forget about it.  
The 97/98 season was mentioned in another thread and someone said we had the measure of them that season. We didn’t .. we failed to beat them in the league in 8 attempts. (3 draws only).  One of our best ever squads and took 3 points from 24 off them

5 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Green cakes the simple answer to that problem, at least at Tynecastle. Our local pub had goals with a ball suspended from the bar so you could aim to knock the ball over the line and score a p*ss easy goal. Floors were dry until the landlady ran out of replacement goals. Everyone wears wellies now.

They used to have gimmicky stuff like that in one of the venues at Fountain Park but can’t remember if it kept floor dry or not. Standing in piss isn’t the end of the world until the time you leave the toilet and realise your lace has been undone and is now sodden. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, GinRummy said:

They used to have gimmicky stuff like that in one of the venues at Fountain Park but can’t remember if it kept floor dry or not. Standing in piss isn’t the end of the world until the time you leave the toilet and realise your lace has been undone and is now sodden. 

That's when you tell your mate you've hurt your back and ask him to tie your lace for you.