Tough to be negative but

HeartsandonlyHearts

Fort Vallance
15 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

For the love of god Devlin/Beni, take a friggin shot. :arghh:

I'd give them a miss in the sweep for the first goal. But hey, they're good at what they do. 

28 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Not that tough then for you really…fill your boots.

we won today by the way

38 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

IMO, more goals will come from them attempting to keep a move going than attempting a shot from 20 odd yards out.

lost in space

Tough to be negative but why does it take us so long in each game to try to dominate?

Yes, I know we are 3rd.

Yes, I know we have just been promoted.

Yes, I know we are doing better than I would have imagined.

Yes, I know how many goals we have scored.

Yes, I know how many clean sheets we have had.

We now have a very good team but we let opposition have control for first 20/30 minutes.

So annoying!!

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Tough to be negative but why does it take us so long in each game to try to dominate?

Yes, I know we are 3rd.

We now have a very good team but we let opposition have control for first 20/30 minutes.

So annoying!!

It's probably just as simple as the other team has to press us to compete, and our game works better once they're a bit ****ed from doing that for 45 minutes.

43 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Yes, but you could say that to quite a few in our team. We create openings and sometimes try to walk it in instead of having a dig. But they're great platers.

fabienleclerq
7 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

IMO, more goals will come from them attempting to keep a move going than attempting a shot from 20 odd yards out.

This. 

We hardly take shots from outside the box. Woodburn and Mceneff seem the only one willing to shoot. 

Kingsley at free kicks obvs. 

Would be interested in our stats for long shots. 

36 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Yes, I know we are 3rd.

So annoying!!

Yes ,I know 🤷‍♂️

We won ugly today which I am led to believe is the mark of champions. We can and will play better but I saw a side trying and playing for each other against a well organised team. I know that I am happy and can think of no real negatives but we obviously have a number of perfectionists in our support. Remember two years ago under Levein and be grateful at our fantastic progress. 

3 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

We won ugly today which I am led to believe is the mark of champions. We can and will play better but I saw a side trying and playing for each other against a well organised team. I know that I am happy and can think of no real negatives but we obviously have a number of perfectionists in our support. Remember two years ago under Levein and be grateful at our fantastic progress. 

97780115-7559-405C-92A3-534F0B1EFEC2.png

Lord Beni of Gorgie
46 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's probably just as simple as the other team has to press us to compete, and our game works better once they're a bit ****ed from doing that for 45 minutes.

Absolutely true 

Jambo_jim2001
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Just enjoy. 3rd by a huge margin after being promoted. 

Leave the haters to hate. It’s shaping up to be an amazing season

X2..too many haters on here,,or is it hobbos FTH

Take a shot or maybe pass to the man wide open to shoot? Jeezo what's next we going to critisce the fact the cakes in the urinals are blue instead of Maroon? Do folk just genuinely post this pish for reaction? 

Just now, jambo1975 said:

Take a shot or maybe pass to the man wide open to shoot? Jeezo what's next we going to critisce the fact the cakes in the urinals are blue instead of Maroon? Do folk just genuinely post this pish for reaction? 

Incredible eh ? Some folk

19 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

The good thing is frustration is down to knowing our players can play better as opposed to just being poor like previous years. To have an off day and still win against 4th place knowing we can up a gear isn't the worst.

Plus Beni and Devlin may over time improve with confidence or style of play and shoot more

26 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

100% this, it’s to be enjoyed, we’ve suffered long enough. Great times ahead!

1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Yes, I know we are 3rd.

So annoying!!

Your posting history of the past few months would suggest that you don't find it remotely tough to be negative. Surely you can see that we are having an excellent season so far.

iwasthere1954

Yes, I know we are 3rd.

So annoying!!

Well it seems to be working. The fans around me today weren't moaning as .much as usual . At the end of the game however were all delighted. 

iwasthere1954
1 hour ago, jackal said:

We hardly take shots from outside the box. Woodburn and Mceneff seem the only one willing to shoot. 

Kingsley at free kicks obvs. 

Would be interested in our stats for long shots. 

Never mind the stats. Look at the league. There are three teams on plus goals. Rangers, Celtic and yes us. Were doing just fine.

Yes, I know we are 3rd.

So annoying!!

Because we are brutal playing against a high press. 

Halliday said they were surprised how Morherwell played at the start. Why? They absolutely bossed us at Fir Park by not allowing our back 3 to have posession and cutting off the passong routes to the wing backs and along the back 3. 

As we saw at Fir Park, first half at Livvy and against Celtic during the week (although they were excellent at times) we are terrible when a team presses us high up the pitch. 

Thankfully Kingsley realised what was needed and that was to get the ball in behind Motherwell’s high line and get them turned. From that point with Simm’s strong running the game changed.  

Beni and Devlin could be at Hearts for 10 years and id be surprised if they got ten goals between them

They are just not goal scoring type players I’m afraid

I think we're only going to get better.  I'm excited for the future.

Livy warning though.  We can't win the Cup if we can't get passed them. They opbviously did well today so let's get the performance right when the time comes.

In the meantime, look out Hibs.  Here we come, all guns blazing.

Devlin is a little tiger. Fights for absolutely everything and has no quit in him. Pivotal in both goals yesterday. His ball use in the final 3rd could be better but he's young and will improve.

Beni is a Rolls Royce. Just let him play his natural game IMO. He knows how to play it better than anyone on here. We're lucky to have him.

1 hour ago, jimbojambo said:

We will never be champions unless the management believe taking on the old firm is not a problem yes I get the argument about money but why do we worry about them Alex Ferguson didn't give a feck 

WheatfieldWarrior
2 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Boyce Woodburn Simms cock up my wtf moment of the day 

Gordon's Cruyff turn was also a contender.

WheatfieldWarrior
34 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Devlin is a little tiger. Fights for absolutely everything and has no quit in him. Pivotal in both goals yesterday. His ball use in the final 3rd could be better but he's young and will improve.

Beni is a Rolls Royce. Just let him play his natural game IMO. He knows how to play it better than anyone on here. We're lucky to have him.

Think Devlin played really well today - big part in both the goals. Today's game needed a battler.

23 minutes ago, jamborich said:

We will never be champions unless the management believe taking on the old firm is not a problem yes I get the argument about money but why do we worry about them Alex Ferguson didn't give a feck 

I liked Robbie's reply about the gap between us and Motherwell - we're looking up, not down.

Hackney Hearts
57 minutes ago, jamborich said:

yes I get the argument about money but why do we worry about them Alex Ferguson didn't give a feck 

The money gap was nowhere near as vast in Ferguson's day, tbf.

Devlin over the season has had a few shots and from seeing those would suggest that is the reason he looks for the pass more often than no. Beni's the same. 

If the plan is for those two to break up play, retain possession and feed the more creative players I'm happy with that. 

As an aside was watching on Hearts TV and when Devlin came off it looked like he was in a heated conversation with Nielson before the camera cut away. What was that about? Just unhappy at being pulled off having created both goals? 

Hackney Hearts
3 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Simms had a tap-in for his 2nd goal -  what was Woodburn playing at? Offside and decides to come back and get in the way! Did he not see Simms? Or get a shout?

3 minutes ago, Mr Nobody said:

Devlin over the season has had a few shots and from seeing those would suggest that is the reason he looks for the pass more often than no. Beni's the same. 

If the plan is for those two to break up play, retain possession and feed the more creative players I'm happy with that. 

As an aside was watching on Hearts TV and when Devlin came off it looked like he was in a heated conversation with Nielson before the camera cut away. What was that about? Just unhappy at being pulled off having created both goals? 

On the match rerun on Alba it didn’t look to serious. He went to sit down and then came back and spoke to Robbie and they had a little chat but it didn’t look nippy. 

49 minutes ago, Tazio said:

On the match rerun on Alba it didn’t look to serious. He went to sit down and then came back and spoke to Robbie and they had a little chat but it didn’t look nippy. 

It looked like he wanted to know if he was taken off for being pish to me

2 hours ago, jamborich said:

The difference in budgets means it is always going to be difficult to take on the OF and beat them consistently these days. Alex Ferguson was 36 years ago and money wise and quality of player it changed when Souness came along and no team out with the OF has got too close since we did back then. You might as well say Tommy Walker didn't give a feck when all teams paid around the same money to players. Not relevant in 2022 although Leicester showed no harm in dreaming. 

10 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Felt like a dafty celebrating then realising what happened! Have to see exactly what on the tv

Ex member of the SaS
10 hours ago, Smithee said:

But , But some on here say we can only beat teams that attack leaving room at the back and we can't break down sit in teams. So which is it?

Devlin might be able to add goals to his game. He get forward a lot and certainly has had enough pops at goal to at least have 1 or 2 to his name. 

However both a contributing plenty without and I want to see Woodburn, Mackay, GMS and Ginelly start to hit the back of the net more often. These are the players who are meant to take the possession that Devlin and Beni provide and score the goals.