** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Celtic Match day thread**

copa-mundial

Brown Stuff 74

Think we've done alright so far. Craig Gogs needs to keep that out for the first and the 2nd is offside. If we get the first goal 2nd half we are back in it and 1 goal away from being level. Kick on. 

:yas:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• CloustonHMFC

• Factuer Moi

• vegas-voss

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

If he doesn't get hooked at half time, he's 9/1 for a red card on Bet365. 

Hard not to have a couple of quid on that. 

Hopefully Beni is fit to come on because Devlin has to be removed before Beaton does!

Look at the positives.. Well n Wee team get the draw and we'll pump them no problem. Keep the result down tonight though 

1 minute ago, Australis said:

Robbie at the officials in the tunnel is pathetic.

We have been out classed, the goal was offside but he is already putting the blame on others.

Just show a bit fight and get the midfield sorted.

Can't get much worse.

Aye needs to pick his fights. Offside goal but we have been battered

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I do not think 3–4-3 is the way to go in these games.. overrun in midfield.  

we should play an extra man in there and someone who will stop their full backs dropping in

We haven't been in a 3-4-3 since the 20 minute mark. Cochrane looks like he's supposed be providing midfield help but he's lost.

Haring is doing yeoman's work defensively but he barely connected on a single forward pass for long stretches.

All three of the front line look miserable.

PhoenixHearts
2 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Shit performance but I wouldn't say chicken hearted

They have worked hard, can see they are trying. Just nothing is clicking, even the simple passes.

No excuses for that at home though

Last 2 minutes of half were better after Devlin got them all fired up.

Need that and so much more 2nd half

Would be tempted to put Beni or for Haring at break as a calming influence in midfield, then try get at them

Simms, Woodburn, McEneff on at 60-70 to switch up attack as they're legs will be gone

Haring has been one of only 3 players to JUST about get pass marks.

If one of the two comes off has to be Devlin. An absolute horseshit performance. He has no idea what he's doing out there.

For me its Cochrane off, Beni on. Hopefully having Beni and Haring next to him gives Cammy a bit of focus.

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I cannot beleive that in a big game like this that we've approached it with this mentality, absolutely ****ing woefull. 

Not 1 player out there with pass marks,2 wing backs are terrible,midfield duo losing ball after ball,bad touch after bad touch.Stiker with no support,wingers that cant cross.

Just a terrible performance. 

Let's be honest. We've seen this script many times before over the years.

A reminder that a lot of work is still needed if we are going to achieve 3rd.

Just now, Brown Stuff 74 said:

Think we've done alright so far. Craig Gogs needs to keep that out for the first and the 2nd is offside. If we get the first goal 2nd half we are back in it and 1 goal away from being level. Kick on. 

You’ve swallowed an eccy, haven’t you?

3 minutes ago, tian447 said:

If he doesn't get hooked at half time, he's 9/1 for a red card on Bet365. 

Hard not to have a couple of quid on that. 

He plays on the line but has control so don't think he would let himself get a red.

Not like Black or someone of old who would jump in not thinking or caring about the consequences

Typical Kickback, one bad half and the players are all shit - take a look at yourselves! Celtic are playing well and we are off it…so far but try and support the team. Some muppet criticising McKay saying he is chicken hearted…. I despair.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Hopefully Beni is fit to come on because Devlin has to be removed before Beaton does!

Devlin cannot start the second half, or we're one challenge away from being really ****ed.  If he does come back out, I'm having a fiver on that 9/1 bet. 

I scratch my head so many times in these games.

You watch teams like Livvy, St J, St Mirren sometimes just have a right go at the OF....and OK maybe die on your feet but we constantly just bend over in these games and whimper out of them. Our mentality in these games is just woeful when it should be "We're at home so make them as uncomfortable as possible. Give them no time, force errors and hunt every second ball"

Well this is shit. 
No first touch. 
Giving the ball away too much. 
We look off the pace. 
Hopefully get an improvement 2nd half. 

Just now, Gulf Jambo said:

He plays on the line but has control so don't think he would let himself get a red.

Not like Black or someone of old who would jump in not thinking or caring about the consequences

He did a wee two footed attempted tackle near the end of the half after he’d been booked. Get him off before we go down to ten. He’s got the ref’s attention now. 

Just now, Gulf Jambo said:

Problem is you're playing on of the bigots. Ref will be keen to send him off. 

Can have all the discipline in the world but he's going to go in for tackles etc. eventually the ref is going to get to make the decision he wants. 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Hatate is ripping the piss. Great player but aye, they have a spare man all the time.

He just finds space everyone.Said it when I seen him against Hibs the guy is top drawer stuff in this league.

11 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Come now, the "he's just a silly boy" rule is only in the old firm addendum. 

Sad thing is you’re prob right 

1 minute ago, Gulf Jambo said:

He might not let himself get a red, but remember who is refereeing. He'll flash him a red faster than you can say "**** off Beaton" given any chance. 

4 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

A reserve team full of players that were bought for more than £20m combined…

Exactly 

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, Steak said:

Probably moaning about Jota not being sent off 

11 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

One of these cowardly Hearts performances that we see from Hearts under Neilson a few times each season when everyone just looks like they've never met each other before and they've no idea what they're supposed to be doing.

A shambolic display from start to finish.

What a mess.

I'm resigned to it now under RN but it's no less maddening.

Absolute horseshit performance from everyone. 

2 minutes ago, Brown Stuff 74 said:

Channel 9 Fighting GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

3 minutes ago, Waterboy said:

Smith going off probably a good thing, Jota had him on toast. Cynic in me wonders just how injured Smith was. Atkinson then comes on and assists Celtics opener, sigh. Looked a little more likely to deal with Jota however. 

Gordon has to do a lot better for their 1st but can't criticise as has saved us a number of points over the season. Now in his head I think as looked apprehensive. 

Devlin I think has been shown up to an extent tonight. I've really enjoyed his performances up til now, and playing in a 2 vs that Celtic 3 will always be tough, but he's shown next to no quality on the ball. For a central midfielder he has to do more with it. 

Amazing that for a team doing so well that the confidence can go so quickly. Not many hearts players looking like they really want to be out there right now. 

2nd offside, but tight - unsure how easy to spot that real time. 

Cant believe Neilson let the game go on that way for so long without doing anything. Hearts have contributed zero to that match, which is hugely disappointing given the run we've been on, at home under the floodlights, and based on the way he's suggested we will approach these games. Games as good as done without us offering anything.

The thing is we were doing okay but not great in the 3-4-3. Robbie switched to the 4-3-3 or something like it and it got worse.

Hard to make two formation changes in the same half but something needs to move. We really need about three changes—Cochrane for Beni, Ginelly for McEneff, and Boyce for Simms might be enough but can't have all of them.

5 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Not just Neilson unfortunately. It's happened to every manager in my lifetime. We just cannot compete with the old firm unfortunately. Players turn into quivering wrecks against them. 

Every so often we'll get a win but it's not often enough for us to even consider competing with them. 

Not just the Old Firm though. We showed up like this v Motherwell away as well. 

No idea what happens. We just fall apart.

2 minutes ago, Steak said:

Part of his job to get at the officials tho.

Put that doubt in the back of their mind so hopefully they think favourably on our next 50/50

Won't work Vs Celtic but can't blame him for trying

8 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Eh?

Didn't suggest that. Stark contrast to how the Celtic players rallied round their team mates.

I was amazed how long it took anyone else to get over there. Hopefully not a sign that they're not all together.

Gimme an H...
1 minute ago, Holtie said:

Typical Kickback, one bad half and the players are all shit - take a look at yourselves! Celtic are playing well and we are off it…so far but try and support the team. Some muppet criticising McKay saying he is chicken hearted…. I despair.

He is to be fair.

Picks his battles wisely, knows when he’s about to get clattered and backs out.

If we don't get into this quick and lose the game, other results might go our way then this will be a softer blow

****ing hell. 

20 seconds in, give the ball away, Celtic run from the halfway line to the edge of the box completely unchallenged. 

Wake the **** up Hearts, you've had 45 minutes of this shite already! 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I do not think 3–4-3 is the way to go in these games.. overrun in midfield.  

we should play an extra man in there and someone who will stop their full backs dropping in

I know it was hard to tell at times but we weren’t playing 3-4-3.

Just now, tian447 said:

****ing hell. 

20 seconds in, give the ball away, Celtic run from the halfway line to the edge of the box completely unchallenged. 

Wake the **** up Hearts, you've had 45 minutes of this shite already! 

This