** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Celtic Match day thread**

copa-mundial

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

One of these cowardly Hearts performances that we see from Hearts under Neilson a few times each season when everyone just looks like they've never met each other before and they've no idea what they're supposed to be doing.

A shambolic display from start to finish.

What a mess.

It is 

The question is we have been playing well, good results full of confidence, so what does the manager do?

Changes the formation so that everyone looks like they have never played together.

Poor decision by the manager

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• CloustonHMFC

• Factuer Moi

• vegas-voss

Midfield over run.

Can't put a foot on the ball.

Shambles from the start.

We have been out played, out fought and do not seem to have a plan.

Soon as we get the ball we give it straight away.

When are we going to learn that sitting deep and letting Celtic have all the space in their own half to play out is asking for a feckin pumping! 😏

We can talk about the tactics but it isn't Neilson that is misplacing passes and miscontrolling the ball.

Would go 3-4-3, Beni for Devlin and Halliday for Cochrane.

2 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Aye, let's get a red instead shall we??

Eh?

Didn't suggest that. Stark contrast to how the Celtic players rallied round their team mates.

Shit performance but I wouldn't say chicken hearted

They have worked hard, can see they are trying. Just nothing is clicking, even the simple passes.

No excuses for that at home though

Last 2 minutes of half were better after Devlin got them all fired up.

Need that and so much more 2nd half

Would be tempted to put Beni or for Haring at break as a calming influence in midfield, then try get at them

Simms, Woodburn, McEneff on at 60-70 to switch up attack as they're legs will be gone

Got out ma bed for the 3.45am kick off, where I am, and I must say it's been well worth it so far

..............not.

Hearts look more asleep than me tho'. Hope they pull the finger out for the second half.

4 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

3-2 Hearts

Calling it now.

Baws out 👍

Are Celtic going home for the second half? 

Need to get tighter to them, press higher up the park. We done it for like 2 mins then slowly got deeper and deeper. We get the next goal then game on. 

kingantti1874

I do not think 3–4-3 is the way to go in these games.. overrun in midfield.  

we should play an extra man in there and someone who will stop their full backs dropping in

1 minute ago, chazza74 said:

Devlin running about like an idiot, heading for a red card 

If he doesn't get hooked at half time, he's 9/1 for a red card on Bet365. 

Hard not to have a couple of quid on that. 

Fitzroy Pointon
5 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

One of these cowardly Hearts performances that we see from Hearts under Neilson a few times each season when everyone just looks like they've never met each other before and they've no idea what they're supposed to be doing.

A shambolic display from start to finish.

What a mess.

Not just Neilson unfortunately. It's happened to every manager in my lifetime. We just cannot compete with the old firm unfortunately. Players turn into quivering wrecks against them. 

Every so often we'll get a win but it's not often enough for us to even consider competing with them. 

We played a high press against them at Celtic park and it resulted in a churn of utter chaos for the first 50 minutes or so.

This time it looked like Robbie was going to let the defense kick it about and for about 10-12 minutes that's all they did, and we had some nice pressures and a couple of near chances. McKay was a narrowly lost footrace from being clear through on the keeper.

Then they started sending everything through Jota and he twisted Smith into pretzels. With him off and Atkinson on, we lost possession and got beat by a wonderstrike.

Then everything fell apart. I'm not sure if it was mental or tactical or what but everyone looked lost. Devlin at least was throwing himself into it. The second goal was an utter defensive breakdown -- I'm not sure who should have been closing down but they had an eternity to set up on the outside. Yes it was 5 inches offside but it was his knee—hardly the worst offense of bad linesmanship.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

we should play an extra man in there and someone who will stop their full backs dropping in

Hatate is ripping the piss. Great player but aye, they have a spare man all the time.

The Mercer Takeover

Terrible first half, probably the worst of the season.

Need to get back to 3:4:3. Whatever Neilson's plan is tonight, it is just not working.

There is no midfield at all. It's almost as if the plan is to just punt long balls.

Absolutely shocking

2 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Not good at all. 

Not sure why Cammys booked. Didn't move his legs at all.

Pull back on Haring a yellow card every day of the week.

Possible offside goal.

Just makes a shit performance harder to stomach.

Remember when Man Utd/Barca/Arsenal players used to immediately surround the referees over every decision?

They're not worthy of our respect, weak minded west coast bigots that can't see past two teams. Shouldn't be giving them a moments peace. 

Might help take the OF blinkers off just enough to actually get some of these calls. 

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

We’ve looked rattled since they scored the first 

We’ve looked rattled since the kick off

1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

We’ve looked rattled since they scored the first 

Just since they scored their first????

We’ve looked rattled since just after kick off 

Smith going off probably a good thing, Jota had him on toast. Cynic in me wonders just how injured Smith was. Atkinson then comes on and assists Celtics opener, sigh. Looked a little more likely to deal with Jota however. 

Gordon has to do a lot better for their 1st but can't criticise as has saved us a number of points over the season. Now in his head I think as looked apprehensive. 

Devlin I think has been shown up to an extent tonight. I've really enjoyed his performances up til now, and playing in a 2 vs that Celtic 3 will always be tough, but he's shown next to no quality on the ball. For a central midfielder he has to do more with it. 

Amazing that for a team doing so well that the confidence can go so quickly. Not many hearts players looking like they really want to be out there right now. 

2nd offside, but tight - unsure how easy to spot that real time. 

Cant believe Neilson let the game go on that way for so long without doing anything. Hearts have contributed zero to that match, which is hugely disappointing given the run we've been on, at home under the floodlights, and based on the way he's suggested we will approach these games. Games as good as done without us offering anything.

Hard to watch folks eh 😕 

45 to go, stranger things, but not one player getting even pass marks first 45, and a few caught wanting big time...

Tic have been light years ahead of us and the gulf obvious, even to Mr Magoo...

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Supposedly it wasn't a 343.. so I've been told!! Been quoted 5/6 different formations on this lols

3 minutes ago, smiler said:

Only half time and the smellies have produced the goods already.

2408EC73-0080-43EF-98A8-18DDEFFE716A.jpeg

Not sure about hearts getting 5 corners, that would involve getting near the Celtic goal.

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

Not just Neilson unfortunately. It's happened to every manager in my lifetime. We just cannot compete with the old firm unfortunately. Players turn into quivering wrecks against them. 

Every so often we'll get a win but it's not often enough for us to even consider competing with them. 

The truth.

Gimme an H...
4 minutes ago, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

Pumped by a Celtic reserve team. Grim viewing 😕

A reserve team full of players that were bought for more than £20m combined…

Robbie at the officials in the tunnel is pathetic.

We have been out classed, the goal was offside but he is already putting the blame on others.

Just show a bit fight and get the midfield sorted.

Can't get much worse.

Walter Bishop

Learned nothing from the Rangers Game. Boyce changes the way we play, far too slow and lazy and doesn’t press. Baningime should have started to give us 3 in middle with McKay playing off Ginnelly. 

Celtic making this look like a testimonial. 

4 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Why do we bottle these games every single time 

We simply are nowhere near good enough .Celtic are taking the piss and it looks like a training game . 

We'll start brightly for 5 or 10 minutes in the second half, before getting caught on the break, they'll go down the other end and get their customary penalty, and that will be the game goosed well and truly. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, Waterboy said:

Smith going off probably a good thing, Jota had him on toast. Cynic in me wonders just how injured Smith was. Atkinson then comes on and assists Celtics opener, sigh. Looked a little more likely to deal with Jota however. 

Gordon has to do a lot better for their 1st but can't criticise as has saved us a number of points over the season. Now in his head I think as looked apprehensive. 

Devlin I think has been shown up to an extent tonight. I've really enjoyed his performances up til now, and playing in a 2 vs that Celtic 3 will always be tough, but he's shown next to no quality on the ball. For a central midfielder he has to do more with it. 

Amazing that for a team doing so well that the confidence can go so quickly. Not many hearts players looking like they really want to be out there right now. 

2nd offside, but tight - unsure how easy to spot that real time. 

Cant believe Neilson let the game go on that way for so long without doing anything. Hearts have contributed zero to that match, which is hugely disappointing given the run we've been on, at home under the floodlights, and based on the way he's suggested we will approach these games. Games as good as done without us offering anything.

My little cynic whispered the same to me.