Devin Gordon RIP

hughesie27

1 hour ago, jamtartan74 said:

Devin was the boyfriend of my niece, she is inconsolable as you can imagine 😢 I never knew the lad myself but heard he was such a nice boy and nobody knows why he’s done this. He was at the game on Tuesday night as was my niece, and everything was as normal. Me my sis and my niece will be there on Wednesday and hope everyone in the stadium can give this young lad a great tribute. 

RIP Devin 🇱🇻💔🇱🇻

1 hour ago, Homme said:

Sorry for your niece's loss mate and thought to her and all your family.

You are correct in what you've heard. He is a good friend of my daughter and was always friendly and chatty when he hung out with a group of them in our house. A really pleasant young man who the family can be proud of.

Will be there on Tuesday too with my daughter and we will of course be joining in with the tribute.

1 hour ago, moz said:

Utterly Horrific news, still trying to process this

Seems a few of us on here are lucky enough to know Dev personally

My lad was one of Devs close friends, they have season tickets together in the Wheatfield and play in the same Juniors team....just good mates together at school and football.

Have taken Dev to many home and away games and love the lad - he just loved playing the game and following Hearts

Heartbroken at the news

Their Juniors game has been postponed this weekend and we off to meet all the boys at training tonight so they can all see each other and hopefully talk between themselves...they need to open up about this

He was his usual self on Tuesday night, planning more away games and hospitality...even joking about seeing if he would be allowed an away Euro trip with us when we qualify..!

There are more questions than answers I guess...wished he had talked to us

Sleep tight Fella ....will miss you dearly

I would like to offer some words of support for everyone connected to Dev, we do not know You but we are with you in strength of numbers.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homme

• Factuer Moi

• Maroon Sailor

• Morgan

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, moz said:

My lad was one of Devs close friends, they have season tickets together in the Wheatfield and play in the same Juniors team....just good mates together at school and football.

Have taken Dev to many home and away games and love the lad - he just loved playing the game and following Hearts

Heartbroken at the news

Their Juniors game has been postponed this weekend and we off to meet all the boys at training tonight so they can all see each other and hopefully talk between themselves...they need to open up about this

He was his usual self on Tuesday night, planning more away games and hospitality...even joking about seeing if he would be allowed an away Euro trip with us when we qualify..!

It's hard to comprehend how he can go from being his usual self at a night out at the football and next day he is throwing himself in front of a train.

This is the worst news I’ve heard in a while. Sadness beyond words. 

Rest in peace Devin. 

Anyone else struggling inwardly, please reach out. Google a helpline, speak to a friend. Help is there. 

Utterly tragic news. The older you get the harder these sort of things hit and make you think. Such a bloody shame for the lads family friends, and loved ones. My thoughts and condolences are with them all during these very dark times. 

RIP weeman. 

31 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Too many people are under constant pressure no matter what age group.

Life is too fast and demanding at times.

This in buckets.

I wouldn't have coped in today's world at his age- sometimes I still can't fathom what's going on. Just really sad.

43 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

I would like to offer some words of support for everyone connected to Dev, we do not know You but we are with you in strength of numbers.

yep I agree with these words, RIP Wee Man 

My 11 year old told me about this last night and I honestly didn’t believe him. It’s absolutely tragic that someone so young felt he had no other option. My sympathies with Devon’s family and friends. 

32 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

yep I agree with these words, RIP Wee Man 

I didn't know Dev , i have a family member that knows him through Bathgate Juniors. Very sad . I should ask you if you are Aaron ?

6 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:

I didn't know Dev , i have a family member that knows him through Bathgate Juniors. Very sad . I should ask you if you are Aaron ?

no mate I never knew Devin 

Just now, cookieboy said:

1 minute ago, cookieboy said:

I didn't either, i have had to get involVed with my family as one of our wee boys is upset and have wee girls who are upset because our wee boy is upset.

Thought you might be Aaron the YouTuber, you had answered the Faither comment on a different thread.

2 hours ago, moz said:

Heartbroken at the news

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Too many people are under constant pressure no matter what age group.

Life is too fast and demanding at times.

Agreed, but having had my own son go through mental health at the same age at high school it hits home, just wish people would talk to someone, feeling for his friends and family.

Edited by garybwick

There is a go fund me to help with funeral costs.

I don't want to post the link in case it breaches forum rules. Can an admin advise?

Konrad von Carstein
52 minutes ago, Homme said:

There is a go fund me to help with funeral costs.

I don't want to post the link in case it breaches forum rules. Can an admin advise?

Post the link, can't think of any reason why it would breach any rules given the circumstances.

RIP Devlin

I can honestly say, that having read about loads of things like this over the years, I have never been so saddened by any of them as I have been all day about wee Devin.

I’m not sure why, maybe it’s because I read the wee chap was at the game just two nights ago and was apparently just ‘himself’.  

Perhaps, I’m just remembering being a ‘wee Jambo’ at his age?

The song, by Hot Chocolate (I think) which was posted on the first page, has been in my head all day.

I sincerely hope that whatever was said, or done to, or caused this little boy to feel such a level of despair, will never be repeated again.

I know that this is a forlorn hope. I know that the world now is a cruel place, a difficult place in which to live and a place where pressures, of all kinds, can be somewhat overpowering.

I don’t, and now never will, know you, wee chap, but in a strange way I think I do. 

RIP young man.

8 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Post the link, can't think of any reason why it would breach any rules given the circumstances.

RIP Devlin

👍

My money is as good as gone to this, KvC.

Well said, btw.

Konrad von Carstein
10 minutes ago, Morgan said:

👍

My money is as good as gone to this, KvC.

Well said, btw.

Thanks Morgan

4 minutes ago, Homme said:

Go fund me:-

https://gofund.me/afb58fcf

Donation made....Condolences to the family and all who knew this young laddie...

Boro fan here in peace. I saw this story and am so saddened by what has happened. That poor lad and his family. I saw that a couple of people who knew him are on here. Thoughts are with you from the bigger football family.

3 hours ago, Factuer Moi said:

£7,069 raised of £2,000 goal

Donated

I believe this has been set up by the Bathgate juniors,mum's. Well done ladies.

IveSeenTheLight

Hey guys, so sad to hear of this for one so young.

The chat from the Aberdeen fans is that we intend to join in the minutes applause on the 13th minute

RIP Devin

3 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

The chat from the Aberdeen fans is that we intend to join in the minutes applause on the 13th minute

RIP Devin

A nice touch,thanks.

The lads from Bathgate Juniors all got together last night and it done them a world of good

Team management had all players and us parents together, for support and to discuss any counselling anyone should it be wanted - support from them has been immense, hats off to them for handling it the way they have.

Dev wore the number 4 shirt and this will now be retired by the team, Dev will always be the #4

Future strips will have something on it as well for Dev, so that he will always be with the boys

As Homme has said above, lovely touch from the youngsters today, with the release and flowers tributes etc

So touching for a lovely lad who has touched so many and will be missed immensely.

Lastly, as he was obviously too young for beer, you could all maybe raise a macaroni pie for him this weekend......he loved his macaroni pies  !! 😄

He actually created a spreadsheet for all league teams and he rated their macaroni pies out of 10, on taste / pastry texture and cost etc...was a great running joke for our away games.:)

1 hour ago, moz said:

The lads from Bathgate Juniors all got together last night and it done them a world of good

Team management had all players and us parents together, for support and to discuss any counselling anyone should it be wanted - support from them has been immense, hats off to them for handling it the way they have.

Dev wore the number 4 shirt and this will now be retired by the team, Dev will always be the #4

Future strips will have something on it as well for Dev, so that he will always be with the boys

As Homme has said above, lovely touch from the youngsters today, with the release and flowers tributes etc

So touching for a lovely lad who has touched so many and will be missed immensely.

Lastly, as he was obviously too young for beer, you could all maybe raise a macaroni pie for him this weekend......he loved his macaroni pies  !! 😄

He actually created a spreadsheet for all league teams and he rated their macaroni pies out of 10, on taste / pastry texture and cost etc...was a great running joke for our away games.:)

Good that the lads ( and adults ) are being supported after this terrible tragedy. 

8 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Donated

I believe this has been set up by the Bathgate juniors,mum's. Well done ladies.

Have a feeling this could become more than helping the family, Dev will be remembered through the Juniors Club.

6 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

RIP Devin

Terrific response from the Dandies. 

What an appalling, heartbreaking tragedy. 

20 hours ago, Morgan said:

I can honestly say, that having read about loads of things like this over the years, I have never been so saddened by any of them as I have been all day about wee Devin.

I’m not sure why, maybe it’s because I read the wee chap was at the game just two nights ago and was apparently just ‘himself’.  

Perhaps, I’m just remembering being a ‘wee Jambo’ at his age?

The song, by Hot Chocolate (I think) which was posted on the first page, has been in my head all day.

I sincerely hope that whatever was said, or done to, or caused this little boy to feel such a level of despair, will never be repeated again.

I know that this is a forlorn hope. I know that the world now is a cruel place, a difficult place in which to live and a place where pressures, of all kinds, can be somewhat overpowering.

I don’t, and now never will, know you, wee chap, but in a strange way I think I do. 

RIP young man.

This echos my thoughts as well. Maybe resonates more with him being a wee guy who enjoyed going to the Hearts game. 

Utterly heartbreaking. Cant start to think what his friends and family are going through. 

Jambof3tornado
On 19/01/2022 at 22:38, Newton51 said:

So sad to hear this. Poor boy and his family. There will be a mental health crisis post covid. More has to be done to support young people going through tough times 

Even before covid mental health services were in crisis. Even when people are brave enough to ask for help they often get brushed aside and obstacles put in their path. My wife is a mental health nurse so I have some understanding of the systems failings.

Utterly tragic that nobody knew or was able to help whatever demons haunted this young boy. Absolutely heart breaking for his family who will never ever get over it.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Even before covid mental health services were in crisis. Even when people are brave enough to ask for help they often get brushed aside and obstacles put in their path. My wife is a mental health nurse so I have some understanding of the systems failings.

Utterly tragic that nobody knew or was able to help whatever demons haunted this young boy. Absolutely heart breaking for his family who will never ever get over it.

There is failings JF3T, and thank goodness for people like your good wife who help a LOT, my youngest son has had mental health issues since systemic bullying that stemmed as far back as primary school and resulted in an attempt on his life  when at high school , he’s now 30 and still has self esteem issues but hopefully we will learn more and more about mental health.

My wife and I are lucky, we still have our son, I just wish Devin’s Mum , Dad and loved ones still had him .

7 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Funds going well

20220121_115947.jpg

just look at the wee man’s face, full of fun with that wee cheeky smile, god it breaks my heart thinking about this, it really puts things we all worry about into perspective, RIP wee man