***** Official Hearts v Ross County Match Day Thread *****

GinRummy

County are no mugs and have a few experienced journeymen in their ranks.  Without the crowd this could turn into a bit of a struggle.  Happy with a scrappy win but might have to settle for a draw.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

scott herbertson

Anyone know if you can watch the game later with a season ticket - may have to drive to Glasgow to pick up my daughter right when the game is on so might want to delay knowing the result if I can watch it later

Edited by scott herbertson

30 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Anyone know if you can watch the game later with a season ticket - may have to drive to Glasgow to pick up my daughter right when the game is on so might want to delay knowing the result if I can watch it later

Don’t think so. 

Looks like those turkeys celtic have cooked their goose.   They will have to rest those pigs in blankets and mash up some first team, reserves, and youth.   

Getting a bet on St Johnstone sounds like gravy to me.  A win for the saints would be a turnip for the books.   

I hope one of the Celtic players get a Naisy style (foul on Brown) to the Brussels and parsnip.    If that doesn't make them wine losing will.   

I'll use paragraphs so as not to make a meal of it.    Much more readable.   

Back to the topic, if we win, fantastic, I'll be celebrating with some sing-song.  If we lose could be ice-cream on Sunday instead. 

Yep, I was bored ☺.    I'm excited about this game strangely.   I'd still have preferred to be there but still got the big Derby to look forward to with possibly new players.   Cup game on the horizon as well. 

1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Looks like those turkeys celtic have cooked their goose.   They will have to rest those pigs in blankets and mash up some first team, reserves, and youth.   

Getting a bet on St Johnstone sounds like gravy to me.  A win for the saints would be a turnip for the books.   

I hope one of the Celtic players get a Naisy style (foul on Brown) to the Brussels and parsnip.    If that doesn't make them wine losing will.   

I'll use paragraphs so as not to make a meal of it.    Much more readable.   

Back to the topic, if we win, fantastic, I'll be celebrating with some sing-song.  If we lose could be ice-cream on Sunday instead. 

Yep, I was bored ☺.    I'm excited about this game strangely.   I'd still have preferred to be there but still got the big Derby to look forward to with possibly new players.   Cup game on the horizon as well. 

I'm looking forward to all of it as well.  The Cup game will be great.  Neilson will bring in Messi if he has to.  He simply can't survive another Alloa or Brora.

7 hours ago, Arry said:

County are no mugs and have a few experienced journeymen in their ranks.  Without the crowd this could turn into a bit of a struggle.  Happy with a scrappy win but might have to settle for a draw.

If we drop more points at home, and to Ross County, then it's ta ta.

11 hours ago, GinRummy said:

May have already been discussed but will there be a few hundred fans there. I know the 500 includes officials, players etc. but have the club said if any actual fans will be admitted?

The man who sadly has Motor neurone has been invited along..

Tough afternoon... for County. Fans or no fans, they're from a village we're Hearts at home. Nothing but a win. 

Edited by EH11 2NL

I pay for the International Subscription but I’m over in the UK for a couple of weeks - can I still watch the game today as usual or will it be a VPN job? 

27 minutes ago, King prawn said:

I pay for the International Subscription but I’m over in the UK for a couple of weeks - can I still watch the game today as usual or will it be a VPN job? 

I pay for international subscription and have to use a VPN in the UK.   

Want to see lots of paracetamol and ibroprufen served up to these chunts this afternoon.

More likely that it's going to be one of these days where very little comes off for us, so will happily take any sort of victory for the JTs! 

Hope I’m wrong but this will be a hard game as county are playing well at the moment, took an injury time goal for Celtic to beat them last week. 

No team outside Celtic and rangers have beat county in last 10 games they have played plus with no crowd any win will do me 

HillmanHearts

Tricky fixture this.

Missing a few players. Nae crowd.

Ross have found a formula that works for them and have some decent players.

Charles Cook looks a real danger.

Callachan will run all day.

That said, if we start with energy and tempo then we should still have enough.

2-1.

Ross County were going all out for a win against Hearts at Tynecastle, regardless of the crowd size says Joseph Hungbo. (Press and Journal - subscription required)

ScandinavianJambo
14 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Nothing stated.

The 500 limit is arbitrary and baffling seeing as we had thousands in attendance previously (without vaccinations).

Let us just hope that there'll be enough people there of a Hearts persuasion to create some atmosphere. That may sound optomistic but that 1st game v Celtic was superb with only a few thousand equally spaced in all 4 stands.

I think the club stated that it was too cumbersome to arrange so no fans...

All about attitude,  if we're not 100 % up for it and thinking of the Winter break we wil drop points guaranteed because County will be right up for it.

Crowds missing is a worry because we wouldn't let it happen .

Any points dropped and its a huge downer going into the break a win and we are flying , this game is that important. 

9 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

I think the club stated that it was too cumbersome to arrange so no fans...

Does anyone know whether all hospitality also got cancelled?

Just got gorgie suite tickets fir Christmas    Motherwell on the 29th

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

"ta ta"? 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Does anyone know whether all hospitality also got cancelled?

Just got gorgie suite tickets fir Christmas    Motherwell on the 29th

Was it not St Johnstone on the 29th?

And the games been moved I think, winter break starts after todays games. 

4 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Ta ta to what?

Three points obviously. But what else?

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ross County were going all out for a win against Hearts at Tynecastle, regardless of the crowd size says Joseph Hungbo. (Press and Journal - subscription required)

Hopefully they do, might give us more space. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Was it not St Johnstone on the 29th?

And the games been moved I think, winter break starts after todays games. 

29th January I meant. Can't even book flights over until the 17th so I guess I'll know more before then.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

29th January I meant. Can't even book flights over until the 17th so I guess I'll know more before then.

Makes more sense. 😂😂

19 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Ta ta to what?

Three points obviously. But what else?

I think you should ask ‘ta ta to who’ rather than to what, if my understanding of his post is correct. 

15 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Gordon

Souttar

Halkett

Moore

Smith

Haring

McEneff

Cochrane

GMS

Ginnelly

McKay

If this is the team, I think we'll struggle. I didn't realise Boyce was still out - that's a big blow. But all County would have to do is play 3 in the midfield and press high to force long balls and we'd be in the same position as we were at Fir Park.

Edited by TommyC

Tennant's  6's

As others have said, this will be a tough game as they're one of the form teams and no crowd will help them. 

Would love to see McEneff & Haring dominate the midfield, as long as Cochrane & Smith tuck in at times & the front three take turns to drop backto help out.

And the front three have hopefully been on extra sessions of shooting practice..

A nervy 2.1 wine for Hearts, hut hoping for better. HHGH 

portobellojambo1
14 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Celtic could have an outbreak of sudden death and still beat St Johnstone

Part one sounds perfect, part 2 not so good.

portobellojambo1

A win today would be really good just to send us into this break on thr right foot. A good selction of games once we are back to playing mid January which can set us for a very enjoyable last few weeks of the season. Lot of goals today would be nice but any sort of win from 1-0 upwards would achieve requirements.

Edited by portobellojambo1

I think we will win this one even without some key players, when this squad is at its strongest,  some team is going to get torn appart just hope fans are in to see it.

Normally i'd be going for a 2 or 3-1 win here. The lack of fans will be Ross County's advantage as they, and St Johnstone this coming mid-week are used to playing in dead atmospheres. We really need 6 points out of these games and nothing less should be deemed good enough. Even with the missing players we should be good enough to win. Their danger is Regan Charles-Cook, a player that wouldn't look out of place in our team and even Ross Callaghan who will still be miffed he was not seen as good enough at Hearts. Keep them quiet, probably Hungbo aswell to a lesser extent and we up our chances of three points. This is a game for McEneff and Walker as far as i'm concerned. A wee grafter in the middle and someone who can find a pop at goal on a few occasions during a tight game. Only takes one chance. If we don't win this/these games we'd be as well waving the old squirm goodbye as they head off into the distance and we'll be left with having to keep an eye on anyone behind us that hits a bit of form. 

1 minute ago, jambonian said:

Normally i'd be going for a 2 or 3-1 win here. The lack of fans will be Ross County's advantage as they, and St Johnstone this coming mid-week are used to playing in dead atmospheres. We really need 6 points out of these games and nothing less should be deemed good enough. Even with the missing players we should be good enough to win. Their danger is Regan Charles-Cook, a player that wouldn't look out of place in our team and even Ross Callaghan who will still be miffed he was not seen as good enough at Hearts. Keep them quiet, probably Hungbo aswell to a lesser extent and we up our chances of three points. This is a game for McEneff and Walker as far as i'm concerned. A wee grafter in the middle and someone who can find a pop at goal on a few occasions during a tight game. Only takes one chance. If we don't win this/these games we'd be as well waving the old squirm goodbye as they head off into the distance and we'll be left with having to keep an eye on anyone behind us that hits a bit of form. 

St Johnstone game rearranged for Jan 18th.

maroonlegions

Just registered  with Hearts TV, imputed my season ticket pin and all set for the game on Hearts TV..  

Dont understand why the SFA could not have brought this game forward so fans could have attended..   

Boyd and co on Sky Sports said so also.

Hearts  win 3 nout the day.

Ex member of the SaS

Not making a prediction but I do think those teams playing today are at a disadvantage and the teams not playing should be forced to play one game without crowds to even the score.

Imagine the difference a full Tyne would make.