***** Official Hearts v Ross County Match Day Thread *****

GinRummy

22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think it’s always been quite arbitrary, to be fair. 

What if Harry Clarke had clashed with Halliday lying on the ground ? Apart from Halliday getting a yellow for bringing his man down how might it have played out ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, sadj said:

Holy **** - there are not words for this….

You do realise you clearly don’t understand how the immune system works and the risks if you are posting this ill informed take. 

You do realise that the 500 terminally ill hypothesis was not introduced by me, in fact I thought they were joking whoever it was who first said it and I was responding to a particularly inane post on the subject.  

Red herring. The club have explained why they did it. I strongly disagree. Let’s just leave it unless you’ve got something else non personal to add ?

Edited by JimmyCant

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Both governments have been the same. Extending all restriction way longer than they said they would. The only think that might help get more fans in is if this new variant doesn’t lead to more hospitalisations because it’s weaker. 

if I was a gambling man I’d say you’re right though. 

I’d say the purpose of this particular restriction has been served when the booster programme has been delivered to the max. I think that’s the intention and I just don’t see the point of going beyond that when just about every other area of open public space is freely accessible by as many people as want to use it. 

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You do realise that the 500 terminally ill hypothesis was not introduced by me, in fact I thought they were joking whoever it was who first said it and I was responding to a particularly inane post on the subject.  

Red herring. The club have explained why they did it. I strongly disagree. Let’s just leave it unless you’ve got something else non personal to add ?

Non personal? Wasnt aware any shade id thrown was personal…
As for the rest of what you said 🤐👍🏻

22 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

What if Harry Clarke had clashed with Halliday lying on the ground ? Apart from Halliday getting a yellow for bringing his man down how might it have played out ?

No idea but referee’s decisions on stopping matches have always been arbitrary, imo. 

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No idea but referee’s decisions on stopping matches have always been arbitrary, imo. 

I was just imagining the ref stopping the game then restarting with a dropped ball to RC in our penalty box !

portobellojambo1
5 hours ago, frankblack said:

There is zero chance the SG will relax the 500 fans rule after the break.  They have previous on grabbing power and refusing to relax like their "3 week circuit breaker".

The club now have 3 weeks to put a ballot system in place.

I'd imagine the club must already have something in place do they not. In as much as at the start of the season, when admittedly the permitted number was higher (5,000 from memory) they were able to work that.

In terms of Saturday past, is it not possible that the company who provide the service now (and certainly the first thing I noticed was the picture was much, much clearer) may not have set the bandwidth high enough and been able to cope with the additional numbers logging into view the game. Although that is something they should have foreseen  as I suspect since we were all allowed back into the stadium they have been getting a lot fewer people logging in to watch home games at Tynecastle.

1 hour ago, Chillidigits said:

I was just imagining the ref stopping the game then restarting with a dropped ball to RC in our penalty box !

Inside the penalty area the dropped ball is the 'keepers.

Dropped ball

PROCEDURE

• The ball is dropped for the defending team goalkeeper in their penalty area if, when play was stopped:
    • the ball was in the penalty area or
    • the last touch of the ball was in the penalty area
  • In all other cases, the referee drops the ball for one player of the team that last touched the ball at the position where it last touched a player, an outside agent or, as outlined in Law 9.1, a match official
  • All other players (of both teams) must remain at least 4 m (4.5 yds) from the ball until it is in play

The ball is in play when it touches the ground.

2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'd imagine the club must already have something in place do they not. In as much as at the start of the season, when admittedly the permitted number was higher (5,000 from memory) they were able to work that.

In terms of Saturday past, is it not possible that the company who provide the service now (and certainly the first thing I noticed was the picture was much, much clearer) may not have set the bandwidth high enough and been able to cope with the additional numbers logging into view the game. Although that is something they should have foreseen  as I suspect since we were all allowed back into the stadium they have been getting a lot fewer people logging in to watch home games at Tynecastle.

I said in another post that I think the streaming needs some redundancy to avoid the single point of failure.

Missing 15+ minutes of the match while somebody gets their finger out isn't acceptable.  This happened on a couple of occasions last season too.  Server load should be tested against 20k+ concurrent users.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

You do realise what terminally Ill means ? Basically nowt CAN go wrong. It’s already gone as wrong as it’s going to go.

Oh jesus ****. 

3 hours ago, Boof said:

Inside the penalty area the dropped ball is the 'keepers.

Dropped ball

PROCEDURE

• The ball is dropped for the defending team goalkeeper in their penalty area if, when play was stopped:
    • the ball was in the penalty area or
    • the last touch of the ball was in the penalty area
  • In all other cases, the referee drops the ball for one player of the team that last touched the ball at the position where it last touched a player, an outside agent or, as outlined in Law 9.1, a match official
  • All other players (of both teams) must remain at least 4 m (4.5 yds) from the ball until it is in play

The ball is in play when it touches the ground.

Thanks for this.  So the ref could drop the ball just outside the penalty box for an attacker and the defending teams wall would be at least 4m away. One of these days I'll see that acted out, should be interesting.

Just now, Chillidigits said:

Thanks for this.  So the ref could drop the ball just outside the penalty box for an attacker and the defending teams wall would be at least 4m away. One of these days I'll see that acted out, should be interesting.

Probably depends how much of a sleekit ***** he is - or who we're playing. Either of the OF and he'd wait until the ball is just outside the box so they can get it...

5 minutes ago, Boof said:

Probably depends how much of a sleekit ***** he is - or who we're playing. Either of the OF and he'd wait until the ball is just outside the box so they can get it...

That was the scenario? (But not v OF this time).

Do you remember us getting a free kick inside the box at Tynie for a pass-back? That was hilarious ... and we scored. Two teams all in the box and me right behind the goals. I have it as a wee vid. V funny!!!

12 minutes ago, Boof said:

And the attacker could tell the ref he's gonna hit the ball on the up once it hits the ground . So if the ref gives the guy a decent drop then he can lob it over the wall and maybe score. Surely the ref can claim that as an assist.

13 minutes ago, sadj said:

****ing hell 🙈🙈🙈 

What can go wrong for someone that's terminally ill? If your terminal your hardly going to worry about dying are you.

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

What can go wrong for someone that's terminally ill? If your terminal your hardly going to worry about dying are you.

Will leave you to figure this out yourself. Its not worth the ban 👍🏻

2 hours ago, Herbert said:

**** knows how this discussion came about, but being terminally ill doesn't necessarily mean death is imminent, it just means you have an illness which will eventually kill you if something else doesn't. A terminally ill person could have 10 days or 10 years. Stephen Hawking was terminally ill for over 50 years.

In any case, it's pretty ignorant to suggest all terminally ill people aren't bothered about shortening the time they have left.