• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• frankblack

• SUTOL

• been here before

All roads lead to Gorgie

It worked fine for me but a mate phoned to say he couldn't get access. Eventually he did get it working but his stream was about ten seconds ahead of mine. I kept having to press live to get back in line with true time after it buffered a couple of times.

letsmakesomenoise
54 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

I had Hearts TV International for at least 10 years when I was abroad and rarely had any issues whatsoever with streams. Now living in England so I have the audio only version for the last 3 years and this season the commentary cuts out constantly, happened about 15 times today and towards the end it was happening every minute or two with this error message which makes no sense as I am not even accessing video.

image.png.6d6fd2a02398fb02ce2ab5251826b609.png

Anyone else get this or just me? I think I will give it a while before emailing them as they will be dealing with all the moaning bassa season ticket holders for the next few days 😉

Yep, I get that a lot after the thing goes t1ts up!

Need to dump this joke of a company running the servers and use someone professional.

That just isn't fit for purpose.  Sat looking at a white screen for over 10 mins before trying a dodgy stream till half time despite closing browser and refreshing.  Unacceptable service and that level of downtime cannot be tolerated.

letsmakesomenoise
7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Need to dump this joke of a company running the servers and use someone professional.

That just isn't fit for purpose.  Sat looking at a white screen for over 10 mins before trying a dodgy stream till half time despite closing browser and refreshing.  Unacceptable service and that level of downtime cannot be tolerated.

I’m only guessing here, but having bought PPV for a lot of the away games this season, I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of the clubs are using the same company.  It would be interesting to know if fans of other clubs experienced problems today, we are all probably using the same servers.  Get the same issue with my golf club software, all good in isolation but when 100s of clubs are all trying to book at the same time, the thing goes into meltdown.  

23 minutes ago, letsmakesomenoise said:

I’m only guessing here, but having bought PPV for a lot of the away games this season, I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of the clubs are using the same company.  It would be interesting to know if fans of other clubs experienced problems today, we are all probably using the same servers.  Get the same issue with my golf club software, all good in isolation but when 100s of clubs are all trying to book at the same time, the thing goes into meltdown.  

I get what you are saying but the whole business model of streaming football for season ticket holders is that there should be bandwidth and CPU capacity for tens of thousands of fans per club.

The Hearts server should handle a minimum of 20k streams without stress.

I'm sure I read on the match day thread that the PPV stream never went down. So they are completely separate services? Maybe we need the PPV guys to take over the main Hearts TV stuff in that case, as I've used Hearts PPV in the past and I'm sure I got a better frame rate (50fps or something) than what I got today which seemed like half that.

The whole mess of multiple Hearts TV accounts (if you had an existing one) in order to redeem your season ticket code is as much of a joke as the quality and reliability of the stream today.

K

24 minutes ago, kila said:

I'm sure I read on the match day thread that the PPV stream never went down. So they are completely separate services? Maybe we need the PPV guys to take over the main Hearts TV stuff in that case, as I've used Hearts PPV in the past and I'm sure I got a better frame rate (50fps or something) than what I got today which seemed like half that.

The whole mess of multiple Hearts TV accounts (if you had an existing one) in order to redeem your season ticket code is as much of a joke as the quality and reliability of the stream today.

So season ticket holders are getting an inferior service to "walk ups"?

Worked fine Thursday. Nothing today, couldnt even pay. Used a stream. Hope its fixed for the rest of the season.

10 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Logged on as normal. OK for 20 minutes then went tits up with some feckin exclamation mark on the screen. 

Then a server error. Tried a few times then gave up. 

Never had an issue before but I'm sure they will fix it by the time it's needed again.

They need a good DR man but I doubt you’d know one. :whistling: