A possible white xmas

Muppetboy

Looking at the bbc and there’s projected chance of snow showers on the big day although nothing disruptive apparently. Would be quite nice😊

1 minute ago, Muppetboy said:

Looking at the bbc and there’s projected chance of snow showers on the big day although nothing disruptive apparently. Would be quite nice😊

After the winter we had last year from just after boxing day the last thing I want is ****ing snow.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

They can hardly predict 2 days in advance never mind Xmas.

Malinga the Swinga
10 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

They can hardly predict 2 days in advance never mind Xmas.

2 days, they can barely get 2 hours in advance.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Malinga the Swinga
16 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Who's saying it?

A meteorologist,  modeller or Nostradamus?

A new meteorologist, Neil Ferguson.

54 minutes ago, Morgan said:

The big day.  :rofl: 

It’s just another day.

Its all about the bairns for some of us though. And spending time with family.

Personally, i cannot wait to get up in the morning and go through with my daughter to let her see all of her toys.

Then go round to my parents and have a great meal. Then sit back, relax and catch up with a good drink around a roaring coal fire.

Its nothing religious for us. Just a time of the year that we have all been through as children, growing up to enjoy the experience.

I cannot wait. And yes, its a big day.

Edited by Pap

8 minutes ago, Pap said:

Personally, i cannot wait to get up in the morning and go through with my daughter to let her see all of her toys.

Then go round to my parents and have a great meal. Then sit back, relax and catch up with a good drink around a roaring coal fire.

Its nothing religious for us. Just a time of the year that we have all been through as children, growing up to enjoy the experience.

😊😊😁

2 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

30 degrees here today. I mean, with a week to go, anything is possible, but it'd be bloody surprising!

All the Christmas traditions, and the pagan traditions that preceded them, originated in wintertime Europe.  What's it like having Christmas in a hot climate?  Do people dream of a white Christmas?  Do Christmas cards have images of pine trees laden with fresh snow?  Does Santa arrive on a sleigh?

8 hours ago, Pap said:

:yas:

12 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Perfect temperature for snow 4c. 😮.

Carl Fredrickson
11 hours ago, Morgan said:

The big day.  :rofl: 

It’s just another day.

:humbug: 

Morgan McScrooge. I will send my two kids round and you can tell them it is "just another day" :smiliz19::bootyshake::smiliz34::santa:

3 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Morgan McScrooge. I will send my two kids round and you can tell them it is "just another day" :smiliz19::bootyshake::smiliz34::santa:

Just another weekend for me, working friday then back to work on monday, what holiday, joke, anyway chance

to catch up with my mother in law.😀.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Just another weekend for me, working friday then back to work on monday, what holiday, joke, anyway chance

to catch up with my mother in law.😀.

I would have to speak to my mother in law through a medium.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Sorry to hear that bud,

No problem.

It was a long time ago and she would appreciate the humour.

She was an ideal candidate for Les Dawson jokes.

When she visited us I would kid her on about plugging in the electric chair.

A Boy Named Crow
6 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

All the Christmas traditions, and the pagan traditions that preceded them, originated in wintertime Europe.  What's it like having Christmas in a hot climate?  Do people dream of a white Christmas?  Do Christmas cards have images of pine trees laden with fresh snow?  Does Santa arrive on a sleigh?

Christmas here is a bit different.  Less turkey sprouts etc,  more plans, oysters etc. People go to the beach etc on Christmas day. 

Oddly,  the shops push the European Christmas stuff.  There's something deeply incongruous about a display on a shop window with snow, reindeer etc... when you're so warm you've got sweat running down the crack of your arse!

One of our tree decorations is a surfing Santa...

3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

No problem.

It was a long time ago and she would appreciate the humour.

She was an ideal candidate for Les Dawson jokes.

When she visited us I would kid her on about plugging in the electric chair.

Chairs that plug in, you say?

I could do with ordering a few of these.

:biggrin:

4 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Morgan McScrooge.  :rofl:

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

You're alright there JJ I covered the BBC weather angle earlier in the thread, because that's definitely what he meant 😉 

The White Cockade
21 hours ago, Pap said:

Spot on

My favourite time of the year 

10 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

When they left Brussels? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've just noticed recently, they have been rebranded on the telly, as Sprouts. Pretty silly.

17 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You're alright there JJ I covered the BBC weather angle earlier in the thread, because that's definitely what he meant 😉 

Thanks, almost took the bait!!