What can the new manager achieve?

Jambomo

Getting a new manager is what everyone has been building themselves up for and I just wonder If what Rober was saying was true (and i'm only saying if) regarding Vlads plans to build up the team from players from Kaunas and that he will still have influnce over choices within the team, what would you realistically expect a manager to achieve in this type of set-up?

It is all about two things.

1) How little VR will interfere.

2) How constrained the new man will be by wage budgets and transfer fees.

Those two questions will be answered soon. What I can say is that Burley, spending about one Million (IIRC) on transfer fees for a squad and increasing the wage budget was good enough to get us in contention up top.

Johanes de Silentio

Quite honestly, unless we get better players, and get a decent game plan up and running, we'll struggle.

Our playing budget will still be the third biggest in the SPL, so we should really be finishing third, but the playing budget is being wasted on too many duffers.

Burley's brief period at Hearts proved one thing: IF you can bring in a talented coach AND good players, you CAN challenge the OF, who were sh**ing themselves at the time.

If Vlad continues to impose ordinary players on the coach, we'll achieve nowt, in which case, a MASSIVE chance is being missed.

I remember us being crap before, but I cannae remember it costing this much money!

USE THE PLAYING BUDGET TO GET THE BEST PLAYERS WE CAN AFFORD - it's that simple!

Al.

Gigolo-Aunt

Get the squad numbers down.

Sort out the mentality of the players.

Improve the quality of the squad.

Help the younger players to progress rather than stading still.

I would be happy with that, as IMO that would leave us in a European place and have us back on course.

Getting a new manager is what everyone has been building themselves up for and I just wonder If what Rober was saying was true (and i'm only saying if) regarding Vlads plans to build up the team from players from Kaunas and that he will still have influnce over choices within the team, what would you realistically expect a manager to achieve in this type of set-up?

Depends on too many factors to say how this season will go.

• How long will the manager last?
  • What level of players will arrive?
  • What other players will leave?
  • Will there be more stories of rifts in the club if we start doing well?

Realistically 3rd place should be the lowest we ever achieve with the wages we spend.

If Csaba gets the job-I think it wont be long before his passionate nature gets him some time in the stands :rolleyes:

Frail had us picking up results compareable with the teams scraping it out for 3rd place for a while so assuming we dont lose our better players, a few shrewd signings and IF the manager has a free reign then 3rd is well withing our capabilities. Anything beyond that is extremely unlikely.

3rd is where we should be every season, if not better. It'll depend on how theplayers react to him, going by past experience, half of them'll want to play, the other half just turn up for their wages. I hope it gets sorted obviously but i'll give the new manager 6 months, unless MadVlad lets him get on with it!

I would settle for top 6 next season so long as we are progressing, cutting back the size of the squad and bringing through young players.

Yeah - top 6 place, decent cup run and some better performances (oh, and beating the Hobos 3 times before they finish in the bottom half!)

GORGIE MONK

aiming too low guys. well are having a fire sale and day 1 will be so differnt to last year, top of the league on the 10th

Guest Maroon Carpet

If Vlad wants our club to get back to winning ways then he surely must realise that by not interfering will get some stability back into our club.

Guest Maroon Carpet
aiming too low guys. well are having a fire sale and day 1 will be so differnt to last year, top of the league on the 10th

GORGIE MONK,

Welcome to Kickback.

Much will depend on the quality of the coaching staff he surrounds himself with. I hope he brings in a least one person with a Hearts pedigree onto the staff.

I'd be happy if we were in the top four and had good runs in the cups - and started to play good open attacking football.

Oh - and whipped the Hibs every time we played them.

If Vlad wants our club to get back to winning ways then he surely must realise that by not interfering will get some stability back into our club.

Yeah - as long as Csaba (or 'whoever') doesn't get too much of the praise/limelight Vlad'll be happy. Its an ego thing.

Csaba's greatest achievment would be lasting the season!

:welcome::hobofish:

;)

We have the squad for 3rd, I dont doubt.... this is how ever down to the poor quality of the other sides.

If the fans, the owner and the players are behind him then who knows, the possibilities are almost endless.

Archived