SFA chief admits Kyogo was offside

bmeikle

1 minute ago, naeclue said:

So does that mean no fine for Robbie? 

closest I’ve ever heard to the SFA holding their hands up. Not that it helps us any. 

Waiting to hear about actions re missiles. Would like to see terracing back at footie, so this doubly needs stamping on.

SPFL (and SFA) doesn't have any rules that allow any action to be taken on missiles.

Its left to the clubs and the Police. 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taffin

• niblick1874

• part_time_jambo

• merrymac

1 minute ago, naeclue said:

So does that mean no fine for Robbie? 

closest I’ve ever heard to the SFA holding their hands up. Not that it helps us any. 

Waiting to hear about actions re missiles. Would like to see terracing back at footie, so this doubly needs stamping on.

There is no holding up of hands going on here. He is taking the piss. 

Madden, who's first reaction to a player, being allegedly assaulted a fan, was not to enquire after the players welfare but get a card out of his pocket as quick as he could, leading to said player being sent off.

Tells a player who's being the subject to various missiles been thrown at him from a well known problem area, that it's ok to go over there because "there's more stewards there now" (The missiles still came coming) Did he ask Barry how he was ?

Now his Boss his doing is a puff piece to media trying not to say he fecked up but using almost every word in the English language to avoid saying he might have,  is anyone surprised ?

Hagar the Horrible

At the end of the day they fixed the result. A result that has cost us a lot of money. While Celtic get gifted a3 points they did not deserve. Are the SFA going to reimburse us and the loss of CL football.

I am more angry at Hearts keeping a dignified silence. That has never got us anywhere. Time to be more celtic and ask for clarification and put pressure on the officials

part_time_jambo
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Great. 

Do we get a 0-0 now? 

It's a start tho, admitting mistakes. 

A brave new world may await.... 

No, we will be awarded an illegal goal in the next meeting so that it all evens out over time.

part_time_jambo
1 hour ago, whodanny said:

How in the **** is this even debatable ? OK linesman and ref only get one view, but I shouted offside immediately at the TV. They've got a much better view than me. The replays only emphasised what I saw in real time. No debate, it's offside all day. all tomorrow and all time. But these useless ***** can't ****in see it ? 

And how much do they get paid per game ????? 

Kyogo was offside for 4 or 5 seconds before he scored. The linesman has absolutely NO excuse for not being aware of it, and therefore ensuring his attention was focused to ensure he made the correct decision.

3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its all covered in the article about the interview. He questions whether it is a serious injury but backs decision, but says Hearts had the ball when play was stopped so should have been given possession.

He was interviewed by Dick Gordon on sportsound this afternoon. The main thing I got from it was VAR is coming to Scotland next season but probably not until half way through the season and in the Premiership only.

south morroccan

It's typically snide SFA/SPFL comments. After review it's now 'possible Kyogo was offside., but we don't have VAR so decision on field stands. Yes, Madden was right to stop play but should have given Hearts possession. But, hey nae harm done Celtic didnae score.

And then the unspoken- Mackay-Steven tripped over his own feet. Oor boy, Madden got that right. Nielson was wrong, should have trusted our boy. Rightly given yellow card.

Might the two previous f-ups on the night explain/excuse the outburst. But no it's Scottish football and it's Glasgow.

Whilst the goal was clearly offside I can understand why a mistake was made… The drop ball however is just gross incompetence and Madden should face the consequences.

HeartsandonlyHearts

He can admit it as many times over a season as he wants but Newco and Celtic will have already banked the points to makes not a jot of a difference to Hearts or any other cheated opponent.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Whilst the goal was clearly offside I can understand why a mistake was made… The drop ball however is just gross incompetence and Madden should face the consequences.

If hearts had scored an offside goal would we ever be given it in Glasgow? 

if a hearts player had pulled up would play have been stopped.

on both occasions the answer is no.. and that the real issue 

4 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Seeing as Robbie was booked for (rightly) protesting about the goal, I take it the yellow will be rescinded and he will receive an apology. 

No chance 

He was booked for the gms penalty claim      on this occasion the ref was right

SectionDJambo

Meanwhile in Germany.

Jude Bellingham has made a reference to the referee from the Dortmund v Bayern match tonight having been involved in match fixing in the past. 
He gave a very controversial penalty to Bayern late in the game. Lewandowski scored from it for a 3-2 win for Bayern. 
There could be trouble ahead……..

I'd like us to go after Mulvanny tbh. Like fight tooth and nail to take his refereeing badges. 

He saw it and opted not to flag either because he's a Celtic fan, or because he didn't have the spine to stand up to the abuse that would have been directed his way. 

Either way he has no right to officiate another game. 

If its known that failing to do their job correctly results in the victimised club absolutely gunning for them and getting them sacked as an official (or at least banned from Premiership matches) they might think twice. 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If hearts had scored an offside goal would we ever be given it in Glasgow? 

if a hearts player had pulled up would play have been stopped.

on both occasions the answer is no.. and that the real issue 

Lets be serious if it was even marginal that flag would have been up faster than you can blink. Non-OF clubs don't get decisions in Glasgow because the system is rigged. You don't shit where you eat, and that transfers to west coast based officials not having the stomach to make tough calls against the home sides because they don't want the abuse they'd get if its wrong. Its beyond embarrassing, and its about damn time heads started to roll. Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, both Dundee sides all have been victimised time and time again over the years in Glasgow. If the game is even remotely competitive then the ref tips the scales towards the gruesome twosome. Its little wonder clubs outside those two bigoted monsters have such difficulty attracting fans - Who wants to willingly be the underdog in a rigged deck?

I've said this multiple times, but there must be transparency, the stats on which refereeing associations are promoting refs into the SPFL should be tracked and reviewed to ensure there is maximum equality in the promotion of officials to eliminate as far as possible bias and to provide sufficient numbers to minimise refs refereeing games where they support. 

Officials need to declare allegiance and not be allowed to officiate their own teams. If the mistakes evened out over the season, then you could understand. However as we know, It's always in favour of the west coast wankers. A club needs to take this on. Adverts in papers, whatever but it's feckin constant and I'm getting sick of subsidising it. 

Everything about the game here is corrupt,television deal is a disgrace worked out for two clubs voting system is a disgrace,Donkey and his gang a bunch of chancers,

nothing will ever change in this country and these two horrible clubs will get richer each year.  

HeartsandonlyHearts
11 minutes ago, tightrope said:

Officials need to declare allegiance and not be allowed to officiate their own teams. If the mistakes evened out over the season, then you could understand. However as we know, It's always in favour of the west coast wankers. A club needs to take this on. Adverts in papers, whatever but it's feckin constant and I'm getting sick of subsidising it. 

They’d all lie. Ayr, Partick , Darvel and Kilmarnock would be amazed by the number of officials they’d have as supporters 

14 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

They’d all lie. Ayr, Partick , Darvel and Kilmarnock would be amazed by the number of officials they’d have as supporters 

Particularly in the age of social media this would be very hard to do. You'd need to never attend a game of the club you support. Look at that picture of Walker at the Rangers game. From years ago and keeps reappearing. I think 

I do think its something worth looking at. Maybe adding an addendum to understand if they've ever held a season ticket at a club and what that club is. (Logically no one would buy a season ticket of a club they don't support).

I've heard two things about this Mulvanny guy - He's apparently a former Celtic season ticket holder and his kids are apparently coached at Hearts or something. Both could be bullshit, one might be true. Either way, should have had ZERO involvement in the fixture. Far more needs to be done to combat bias. Deliberately ensuring you do not officiate in the city you hail from would be a great first step. Our officials should be beyond reproach and right now, they couldn't be further from that and its an insult to every fan up and down the country. 

So: 

No to refereeing games involving or impacting the team you support.

No to refereeing games from either your city of origin or the city you currently live in. 

section s heart
49 minutes ago, OTT said:

Lets be serious if it was even marginal that flag would have been up faster than you can blink. Non-OF clubs don't get decisions in Glasgow because the system is rigged. You don't shit where you eat, and that transfers to west coast based officials not having the stomach to make tough calls against the home sides because they don't want the abuse they'd get if its wrong. Its beyond embarrassing, and its about damn time heads started to roll. Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, both Dundee sides all have been victimised time and time again over the years in Glasgow. If the game is even remotely competitive then the ref tips the scales towards the gruesome twosome. Its little wonder clubs outside those two bigoted monsters have such difficulty attracting fans - Who wants to willingly be the underdog in a rigged deck?

I've said this multiple times, but there must be transparency, the stats on which refereeing associations are promoting refs into the SPFL should be tracked and reviewed to ensure there is maximum equality in the promotion of officials to eliminate as far as possible bias and to provide sufficient numbers to minimise refs refereeing games where they support. 

Spot on.

Given the current spread of officials, heavily weighted to Glasgow and Lanarkshire, Crawford Allan should be challenged on what he is doing to correct the imbalance. Or he should be going public on the issue without being challenged.

Your point about officials living in amongst arse cheek fans has to be a factor. People locally know their allegiances. Regardless of us having a grudge over Thursday's decisions, the likes of Madden and Mulvanney will feel more heat from whichever side of the OF they are deemed to have indirectly upset. 

49 minutes ago, OTT said:

Quite interesting it is very hard to find which referees belong to which association, as the SPFL/SFA did not list where referees are from anymore. Being bored i took an hour to try to discover where referees are based. I am not saying this is 100% but what I could find from a quick search.

8 based in Glasgow area.

8 state " Scotland" as their location - although at least 2/3 I know to be Glasgow based.

1 based Edinburgh.

The info has remained pretty constant over the last 5 years

Interestingly Gavin Duncan the only Edinburgh referee has never in recent history reffed a Hearts or Hibs match v old firm.

How many times to we have a full squad from Glasgow reffing a match v old firm?

Its a sick joke that has been going on for a long long time, and the rest of Scotland should be ashamed to let this happen.

Not one ref from the North in the Grade 1 list

If any facts are incorrect I apologise in advance

The only way to stop biased refs is employ full time non Scots with no ties to this country. Then they only have to deal with the crowd pressure and death threats from old firm fans. No non old firm team will ever benefit from the decisions the two uglies get week in week out. Our only hope is they both have the opportunity to quit Scottish football for some made up league based purely on revenue. 

2 hours ago, merrymac said:

Quite interesting it is very hard to find which referees belong to which association, as the SPFL/SFA did not list where referees are from anymore. Being bored i took an hour to try to discover where referees are based. I am not saying this is 100% but what I could find from a quick search.

8 based in Glasgow area.

8 state " Scotland" as their location - although at least 2/3 I know to be Glasgow based.

1 based Edinburgh.

The info has remained pretty constant over the last 5 years

Interestingly Gavin Duncan the only Edinburgh referee has never in recent history reffed a Hearts or Hibs match v old firm.

How many times to we have a full squad from Glasgow reffing a match v old firm?

Its a sick joke that has been going on for a long long time, and the rest of Scotland should be ashamed to let this happen.

Not one ref from the North in the Grade 1 list

If any facts are incorrect I apologise in advance

This is my point, that we deserve transparency because this supports confidence in the game. We should know where the referees come from because if week after week we're getting Glasgow based officials, it demands questions.

I'm wondering if a spreadsheet to track it would work. Would just need to find out which association each belong to to categorise and then use Transfermarkt or similar to review how many games each has had. Could go back 10,20,30 years and see if there is a trend. If not, we're all just paranoid nutcases, but then why hide it?

Would bet every bone in my body that the stats show an unnatural swing to refs from the west.

Being serious, the clubs should be demanding this info is made public in the interests of transparency and accountability. Its a small step but it would kick over the stone that these utter vermin hide under. If Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc. could argue that the 'glasgow blink' exists and then point to the sheer volume of glasgow refs getting glasgow fixtures I think that would go a long way to push the change that is badly needed. 

We're not looking for addresses or any personal info whatsoever, just very simply which association each referee belongs to. Considering their importance to the game, this should be data which is easily accessible. Its been hidden deliberately IMO because it used to be there on the refs bios on the SFA website (and I believe match programmes too?). 

They've ruined our season as far as I'm concerned. This is the start of Celtic and Rangers pulling away (again). So **** it. Hearts should be demanding this publicly in the most reasonable way possible. With arguments as above, transparency, accountability and fairness. As stakeholders of the game, fans deserve to know that the referees are being picked from their relevant associations fairly and consistently and no individual association is given preferential treatment. 

Not calling anyone a cheat, purely wanting to look at the data and see what it says. 

The laughable thing in this debacle is if it had been Celtic they'd be demanding a meeting with Doncaster, judicial inquiry, government intervention and a meeting with the pope. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
8 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

No, we will be awarded an illegal goal in the next meeting so that it all evens out over time.

As is always the way these things even themselves over a full season.

Celtic get a dodgy goal. Newco get a dodgy goal.

Celtic get a dodgy penalty. Newco get a dodgy penalty.

Celtics opponents get a dodgy red card.

Newco’s opponents get a dodgy red card.

And so it goes on season after season forever more. All even Steven.

Hearts will get a crazy call or goal tomorrow when up by 3 with 5 minutes left of the game. A make up call if you will for Thursday’s debacle. All even Steven.

Sweep sweep sweep

queensferryjambo

He could hardly do anything else. The TV showed Kyogo was offside. 

If he had denied it was offside he would have been a laughing stock.

I also listened to him and not actually sure he admitted it was offside. Thought he waffled a lot about how hard it was is real time etc etc and sure he said it was probably offside and probably a mistake (happy to be corrected on that).

12 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I also listened to him and not actually sure he admitted it was offside. Thought he waffled a lot about how hard it was is real time etc etc and sure he said it was probably offside and probably a mistake (happy to be corrected on that).

He was playing the diplomat.

He didn't want t openly say it was a wrong decision ana appear to hang his official out to dry.

I always liked Crawford Allan, he is genuinely good guy. 

14 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Kris Boyd thinks Robbie should apologise to Madden.  😂😂😂

Boyd doesn’t approve of a fellow-traveller getting any stick 🤣

6 hours ago, OTT said:

This is my point, that we deserve transparency because this supports confidence in the game. We should know where the referees come from because if week after week we're getting Glasgow based officials, it demands questions.

I'm wondering if a spreadsheet to track it would work. Would just need to find out which association each belong to to categorise and then use Transfermarkt or similar to review how many games each has had. Could go back 10,20,30 years and see if there is a trend. If not, we're all just paranoid nutcases, but then why hide it?

Would bet every bone in my body that the stats show an unnatural swing to refs from the west.

Being serious, the clubs should be demanding this info is made public in the interests of transparency and accountability. Its a small step but it would kick over the stone that these utter vermin hide under. If Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc. could argue that the 'glasgow blink' exists and then point to the sheer volume of glasgow refs getting glasgow fixtures I think that would go a long way to push the change that is badly needed. 

We're not looking for addresses or any personal info whatsoever, just very simply which association each referee belongs to. Considering their importance to the game, this should be data which is easily accessible. Its been hidden deliberately IMO because it used to be there on the refs bios on the SFA website (and I believe match programmes too?). 

They've ruined our season as far as I'm concerned. This is the start of Celtic and Rangers pulling away (again). So **** it. Hearts should be demanding this publicly in the most reasonable way possible. With arguments as above, transparency, accountability and fairness. As stakeholders of the game, fans deserve to know that the referees are being picked from their relevant associations fairly and consistently and no individual association is given preferential treatment. 

Not calling anyone a cheat, purely wanting to look at the data and see what it says. 

Two good posts 👍.

I seem to think that refs in England have to declare their football allegiance - is that correct? 
Based on the facts you’ve unearthed here, how do we think the football leanings of Scottish referees would pan-out? 

15 hours ago, frankblack said:

As much as I slate Madden he isn't responsible for offside calls.

the clown linesman was the culprit.

Jambo in Yorkshire

Possible vote in the spring by all 42 clubs to introduce VAR in the top league.

It won’t be available next season and knowing Scottish football the lower league teams will vote against.

Why do we need all clubs to vote?

Forever Hearts
17 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Credit where credit is due for coming out and admitting the error (albeit in behalf of Madden) and for highlighting it with the referee. I was there on Thursday and it was tight but it doesn't make it any easier and is extremely frustrating. If the same incident occurred at say Fir Park, I think there is a chance that wouldn't be given. 

It was nowhere near "tight". 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

Possible vote in the spring by all 42 clubs to introduce VAR in the top league.

It won’t be available next season and knowing Scottish football the lower league teams will vote against.

Why do we need all clubs to vote?

Because every club in the lower leagues has a chance of promotion, so VAR could affect them at some point.

8 hours ago, OTT said:

I went back and looked a few years back in transfermarket and it appears to be the same trend

your right it’s the lack of transparency which has crept in that is the worry if there is nothing to hide why hide it

i have been following Hearts a long time and it’s been going in as long as I can remember

its a closed shop as far as refs are concerned you can’t tell me that no ref from Aberdeen or Inverness has been good enough for the last 20 years where is the training programme for refs in these areas to fast track them through?

it’s corrupt to the core and I can’t believe nothing has been done or questions raised

the rest of the clubs by accepting it are actually condoning it

why complain about individual decisions when you accept the rotten structure

3 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Exactly!

Madden and linesman got it wrong but, but, but  perhaps,  perhaps,  perhaps!!!

Worse than a Tory cabinet minister on Christmas parties!

part_time_jambo
3 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

He was playing the diplomat.

He didn't want t openly say it was a wrong decision ana appear to hang his official out to dry.

I always liked Crawford Allan, he is genuinely good guy. 

It would have been fine for him to say "probably" if he was going from memory of the real time incident. But having seen it on video replays which without a shadow of a doubt prove Kyogo was offside, he must know it was offside. 

I get it that he doesn't want to hang his guy out to dry, but there must be some sort of accountability for such glaring mistakes which change the outcome of a game.

part_time_jambo
33 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

It was nowhere near "tight". 

Why do people keep saying it was tight? Kyogo was offside for 5 seconds before he scored and at least a yard off when he did. It's not like he made a darting run from an offside position at the last second making it difficult to judge.

2 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

Two good posts 👍.

I seem to think that refs in England have to declare their football allegiance - is that correct? 
Based on the facts you’ve unearthed here, how do we think the football leanings of Scottish referees would pan-out? 

Being fan owned, whilst I do understand this is not fan run, I would like the reps to challenge the Hearts board to put this question to the SFA/SPFL and report back what the answer is then either way announce it to the members. 

If they agree to publish it, then fantastic, its a huge step in the right direction to facilitating a more transparent and honest system. If they don't, then its a very negative news article and a great opportunity to gun for the senior officials publicly and it might spur others on to demand it also. Denying transparency isn't a good look at any level, especially when there are no privacy concerns for the individuals. 

The intention isn't to single out any individual referee or call their competence or conscious impartiality into question. I think the system is broken and needs to be changed and this would shine a light onto that and allow hopefully all clubs to come together to push stronger rules around the recruitment process (and even consider the idea of full time referees in the top flight). 

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Why do people keep saying it was tight? Kyogo was offside for 5 seconds before he scored and at least a yard off when he did. It's not like he made a darting run from an offside position at the last second making it difficult to judge.

The fact that some Hearts fans are saying it was tight is utterly mind-boggling. 

29 minutes ago, OTT said:

Being fan owned, whilst I do understand this is not fan run, I would like the reps to challenge the Hearts board to put this question to the SFA/SPFL and report back what the answer is then either way announce it to the members. 

If they agree to publish it, then fantastic, its a huge step in the right direction to facilitating a more transparent and honest system. If they don't, then its a very negative news article and a great opportunity to gun for the senior officials publicly and it might spur others on to demand it also. Denying transparency isn't a good look at any level, especially when there are no privacy concerns for the individuals. 

The intention isn't to single out any individual referee or call their competence or conscious impartiality into question. I think the system is broken and needs to be changed and this would shine a light onto that and allow hopefully all clubs to come together to push stronger rules around the recruitment process (and even consider the idea of full time referees in the top flight). 

The problem at the moment OTT is that if Glasgow based refs were prevented from reffing uglies games they would not be able to play 😂😂😂

it’s a bit hypocritical for the rest of us to vehemently complain about individual decisions when we seem to readily accept a corrupt system and have done forever

It actually makes me laugh that people are surprised by them when they happen as they have been going on forever.

As they hugely benefit from the current set up they will fight change and transparency to the end

VAR in Scotland will be a waste of time unless it’s based outside of Scotland and operated by non Scottish refs I am sure it would be possible to tie in with the English set up?

i won’t hold my breath though, they have too much invested in the current corrupt system to allow anything close to a level playing field

He may well have taken a double take at his own actions right after he did it, but I believe that could be the first time I have seen a ref do the, It's my ball and you're not playing. I truly believe that was his mindset at the drop ball.   The CL money has taken everything to a new level. 

They know they can get away with it. If you need proof of that, go read that derogatory, condescending, what you going to do about it, piss take from them again. 

That picture in the paper with the knife through our badge should have resulted in people going to jail. Make no mistake about that. As I said, it's a new level. 

18 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Still think that was a pretty obvious offside.

SFA seems to suggest attacking player gets the advantage. 

That has always been the case in fairness.

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

The problem at the moment OTT is that if Glasgow based refs were prevented from reffing uglies games they would not be able to play 😂😂😂

it’s a bit hypocritical for the rest of us to vehemently complain about individual decisions when we seem to readily accept a corrupt system and have done forever

It actually makes me laugh that people are surprised by them when they happen as they have been going on forever.

As they hugely benefit from the current set up they will fight change and transparency to the end

VAR in Scotland will be a waste of time unless it’s based outside of Scotland and operated by non Scottish refs I am sure it would be possible to tie in with the English set up?

i won’t hold my breath though, they have too much invested in the current corrupt system to allow anything close to a level playing field

That is exactly the problem. The whole system needs dismantling and rebuilt.  The present one only suits two clubs and the hangers on at the SFA who do their bidding at every turn.  Nothing will happen though until those in charge at all the other clubs grow a set and sort this mess out.  The big problem in that really is the number of OldFirm supporters that are actually in charge at lower league clubs. It’s been obvious for years, that the game here needs a complete overhaul.  Removing the SFA Offices from Glasgow should be the first step.

If SAF chief admits Kyogo was offside, will he now put in place steps to ensure the cheating ****er of a linesman either gets some retraining or is booted off the officials' list until he does demonstrate his competence?

2 minutes ago, Boof said:

If SAF chief admits Kyogo was offside, will he now put in place steps to ensure the cheating ****er of a linesman either gets some retraining or is booted off the officials' list until he does demonstrate his competence?

Or gets rewarded with another Celtic game to influence?

I go for my suggestion🙁

avhudtheteeshirt

Is this not the SFA rubbing salt into our wound?

OK assistant ref never gave offside, Madden should have given ball back to Hearts!

Did he say that Robbie's card would be rescinded?

Did he comment on Madden telling Mckay to get on with the game after being pelted in the corner?

Its always to late saying sorry when the game is over, where is Madden's phone call to Robbie to apologise for his errors and booking?

Its just the SFA way to keep the Old Firm happy and degrade Scottish Football yet again!!! 

18 minutes ago, merrymac said:

…plus the English refs are ‘professionals’, it’s their full time job. Agree it would be a good idea though. 
But I keep saying VAR (if it comes in) should be operated outside Scotland by non-Scottish (or anonymous) individuals. That way reduces the risk of the knuckle-dragging uglies fans abusing or attacking individuals when a decision goes against them. 

It's probably the decision that will force the SFA/SPFL to bring in VAR. Whether that is going to be a good thing or merely adds an extra layer of incompetency is for another debate. 

It's hard to say it but I do think in general there needs to be more respect for refs. They obviously don't help themselves with ridiculous decisions but who among us would do their job?

I think the officiating is better now than what it has been in the past but it still isn't at the standard it needs to be and that is probably because these guys are part time and there is no one wanting to do it so the pool of refs is small. 

Edited by Cruyff

14 hours ago, OTT said:

I'd like us to go after Mulvanny tbh. Like fight tooth and nail to take his refereeing badges. 

He saw it and opted not to flag either because he's a Celtic fan, or because he didn't have the spine to stand up to the abuse that would have been directed his way. 

Either way he has no right to officiate another game. 

If its known that failing to do their job correctly results in the victimised club absolutely gunning for them and getting them sacked as an official (or at least banned from Premiership matches) they might think twice. 

This is what it is like, take that and personal abuse of their families from both erse cheeks , then it sums up football in this country.