• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taffin

• niblick1874

• part_time_jambo

• merrymac

Credit where credit is due for coming out and admitting the error (albeit in behalf of Madden) and for highlighting it with the referee. I was there on Thursday and it was tight but it doesn't make it any easier and is extremely frustrating. If the same incident occurred at say Fir Park, I think there is a chance that wouldn't be given. 

Everyone of a non-Celtic persuasion knows it had been at the other end of the pitch, offside would definitely have been called.

On the stopping play for a hamstring type injury, they have set a dangerous  precedent there, all teams will now think of feigning a similar injury at an opportune moment.  You just know ALL will be conveniently missed by the referee, unless it’s a Celtic or Rangers player involved.

The Wrinkly Ninja

Have they stated that the new rule is to stop play whenever a player is injured, before they are on the ground and before the opposing team touches the ball, so that when play resumes the injured players team is given the ball to continue playing?

I am more annoyed about the Jota incident than I am about the goal. I’ve seen offside goals being given before and will again.

I have never before seen play stopped then returned to a team like it was on Thursday. It was actually more beneficial to Celtic than if a foul had been given.

8 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Credit where credit is due for coming out and admitting the error (albeit in behalf of Madden) and for highlighting it with the referee. I was there on Thursday and it was tight but it doesn't make it any easier and is extremely frustrating. If the same incident occurred at say Fir Park, I think there is a chance that wouldn't be given. 

As much as I slate Madden he isn't responsible for offside calls.

I'd rather there was more comments about his snidey behaviour in trying to get fellow pros sent of for nothing.

Hes an odious little cheat .

He should be getting pulled up .

4 minutes ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Have they stated that the new rule is to stop play whenever a player is injured, before they are on the ground and before the opposing team touches the ball, so that when play resumes the injured players team is given the ball to continue playing?

I am more annoyed about the Jota incident than I am about the goal. I’ve seen offside goals being given before and will again.

I have never before seen play stopped then returned to a team like it was on Thursday. It was actually more beneficial to Celtic than if a foul had been given.

Its all covered in the article about the interview. He questions whether it is a serious injury but backs decision, but says Hearts had the ball when play was stopped so should have been given possession.

The real issue is why do these decisions only happen at certain places with the same couple of teams.

I'd rather he addressed that rather than state facts that my eyes have already seen.

Oh well, he's had a wee chat with Madden and the wheels keep turning, I'm sure Bob and the lads are pleased.

The way I read that was a probably this and maybe that and definitely probably, maybe this. In summation waffle from start to finish giving the impression of some sort of leaning toward a mistake having been made while out and out saying that there was nothing at all amiss with either call... my opinion still calling on behalf of the OF 110% and that is the way it will continue until we have some form of independently adjudicated VAR system in place even then I am still not convinced any team outside the OF will get anything from it in a game involving them.

Bazzas right boot

Great. 

Do we get a 0-0 now? 

It's a start tho, admitting mistakes. 

A brave new world may await.... 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Great. 

Do we get a 0-0 now? 

It's a start tho, admitting mistakes. 

A brave new world may await.... 

"It's an understandable decision. Do I think it's offside? Yeah, I probably do.

"But is it understandable that the assistant didn't give it? I can absolutely see why he didn't give it as well."

Where exactly is the any admission of mistakes being made? In the case of both of the decisions he fully endorses both! That is how I read it anyway. He make the right noises but is fully behind the decisions that were made. They were "understandable" ... if only we had VAR to put an end to these wrong but wholly understandable decisions. Smoke and F'kn mirrors!

I'm going to go against the grain here.

I wasn't paying attention when it happened and was drawn to it when Walker was saying that Hearts should feel aggrieved.

Jota was running with the ball and twanged his hamstring. We only got the ball because of it. I prefer fair play and wss not bouncing about daft at the decision. I did feel aggrieved though that McGregor played the ball offensively, I felt a pass back to his keeper would have been a return sporting jesture.

I recall an incident at Tynecastle when an Aberdeen defender done similar and Graeme Weir ran on in goal and nearly scored. Cue angry Aberdeen players trying to get hold of Weir.

The Treasurer

Seeing as Robbie was booked for (rightly) protesting about the goal, I take it the yellow will be rescinded and he will receive an apology. 

No chance 

Whitley Jambo

So employees can't do their job but heh ho let's not worry about it. Not a good look. Lack of interest in improving our game is tragic.

Think linemen and refs should be fine a percentage of wages if other officials think they make a serious mistake with the Celtic win everyone on line could see he was offside apart from the linesman

Linesman MULVANNY made an honest mistake, meanwhile the 3 points go to Smelltic, Robbie can explain this to the lads and all will be hunky dory:fing10:

SectionDJambo
4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Kris Boyd thinks Robbie should apologise to Madden.  😂😂😂

I think that’s for him thinking that GMS was tripped. He didn’t believe Madden when he explained that to him that he had clipped his own ankles.

However, Madden should also apologise for his Jota decision and his dodgy linesman. For that matter he should apologise for doing nothing to stop the missiles being flung at McKay every time he went to take a corner.

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

This is probably a pile of shit. 

It’s bollocks.

Refs should only stop play for serious injuries. Head knocks, chest pains/collapsing and broken bones etc. Basically anything that quick treatment might make a difference.

Is a hamstring injury a serious injury? Is it ****! It wouldn’t have mattered if the Celtic physio went on immediately or in a minutes time when the ball went out of play. A hammy tear is a hammy tear. Unlucky. Next time stretch a bit more.  

All Madden done was prevent a promising Hearts attack abs give Celtic the ball back. Twat.

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If they have possession 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If they have possession 

did he have possession, certainly wasn't in control of the ball, hobbling about on one foot

Just now, reaths17 said:

did he have possession, certainly wasn't in control of the ball, hobbling about on one foot

Hearts had possession when the game was stopped and as the SFA guy said on radio today we should have been given the ball to restart.

I would love to know how Madden knew Jota was in serious pain before stopping play. It was a split second before he blew and had know way of knowing how serious his injury was, saying the player got subbed proved it was the correct decision is ludicrous.
Tony Watt was wiped out in hibs box when Hanlon collided with him but the ref allowed hibs to run the entire length of the pitch and have the ball cleared off the line and then off the bar without stopping play. I assume that ref isnt as good a judge of personal injury as Madden is.
More BS from SFA/SPFL now the game is over and there is nothing that can be done.

I give him no credit whatsoever for what he's said there. By saying he can understand why the goal was given he is essentially giving the officials a free pass for making a mistake that cost Hearts the match.

How in the **** is this even debatable ? OK linesman and ref only get one view, but I shouted offside immediately at the TV. They've got a much better view than me. The replays only emphasised what I saw in real time. No debate, it's offside all day. all tomorrow and all time. But these useless ***** can't ****in see it ? 

And how much do they get paid per game ????? 

3 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I give him no credit whatsoever for what he's said there. By saying he can understand why the goal was given he is essentially giving the officials a free pass for making a mistake that cost Hearts the match.

I agree.

To add to your comment.

The guy is a ****ing lying cheating rat , King of The Lair

Edited by A.JAMBO

Fxxx the SPFL
20 minutes ago, DS98 said:

It’s bollocks.

Refs should only stop play for serious injuries. Head knocks, chest pains/collapsing and broken bones etc. Basically anything that quick treatment might make a difference.

Is a hamstring injury a serious injury? Is it ****! It wouldn’t have mattered if the Celtic physio went on immediately or in a minutes time when the ball went out of play. A hammy tear is a hammy tear. Unlucky. Next time stretch a bit more.  

All Madden done was prevent a promising Hearts attack abs give Celtic the ball back. Twat.

Spot on 

You know the whole thing is corrupt when the head guy bumbles and stumbles like an arrogant inept politician. See this thing some clubs are doing at the moment. They might want to stick that crap he came out with on a wall somewhere where they will come across it every day. 

15 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Lucky Crawford Allan came out and said that instead of backing his ref or I’d nip round the corner and s***e in his letterbox...😁

He got a phone call from his ex colleague Andrew McKinlay. 

10 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

You know the whole thing is corrupt when the head guy bumbles and stumbles like an arrogant inept politician. See this thing some clubs are doing at the moment. They might want to stick that crap he came out with on a wall somewhere where they will come across it every day. 

I stopped reading the Dugshite at Probably

11 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Nobody likes a bent copper. He's like one of those. In fact they all are. 

West Coast football mafia kants.

This is it in a nutshell !

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

The real issue is why do these decisions only happen at certain places with the same couple of teams.

I'd rather he addressed that rather than state facts that my eyes have already seen.

Oh well, he's had a wee chat with Madden and the wheels keep turning, I'm sure Bob and the lads are pleased.

Exactly. 

Over the season we will be on both sides of dodgy decisions against the rest of the league, but we, and everyone else, are always on the wrong side of decisions against the arse cheeks 

Just now, The Treasurer said:

Exactly. 

Over the season we will be on both sides of dodgy decisions against the rest of the league, but we, and everyone else, are always on the wrong side of decisions against the arse cheeks 

Nailed it. Simple as that really. Anyone who thinks any different watches Scottish football on the radio. 

Just now, The Treasurer said:

Exactly. 

Three Factors

The aweful bigoted treatment of Barrie McKay

The blatant Match Officals lack of bottle and professionalism

The Offside goal exposing the infection

So does that mean no fine for Robbie? 

closest I’ve ever heard to the SFA holding their hands up. Not that it helps us any. 

Waiting to hear about actions re missiles. Would like to see terracing back at footie, so this doubly needs stamping on.