***Official Heart of Midlothian vs. St. Mirren matchday thread***

martoon

23 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I don't think he's up to much personally. 

😳seriously??? 
when he runs at a player he’s brilliant and his touch is quality.

A total baller but F me he nosebleeds like Beni in the box! 
Tough game good result thank you to GC a legend!

Happy to play poorly and win.

Kingsley is class, hope Beni is ok😬

HHGH! 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Riccarton3

• milky_26

• Harry Potter

7 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Caught 2 minutes of horror listening that is Sportsound & they were literally thrashing themselves off into a frenzy about that shites win today, forget the fact they've lost 5 league games in a row & played v a team with 10 men for the entire 2nd half.The sycophancy they show towards them is just laughable. 

BBC BumTits love to admire mediocracy

9 minutes ago, Clear few said:

😳seriously??? 
when he runs at a player he’s brilliant and his touch is quality.

A total baller but F me he nosebleeds like Beni in the box! 
Tough game good result thank you to GC a legend!

Happy to play poorly and win.

Kingsley is class, hope Beni is ok😬

HHGH! 

Aye, he's a good player but he does nothing with it. Where GMS does **** all and has the most goals and assists out of all of them. Barrie no end product McKay. 

2 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Robbie saying Beni ok for Thursday

Superb news. Not so much for Thursday but just long term.

Edited by Riccarton3

22 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Caught 2 minutes of horror listening that is Sportsound & they were literally thrashing themselves off into a frenzy about that shites win today, forget the fact they've lost 5 league games in a row & played v a team with 10 men for the entire 2nd half.The sycophancy they show towards them is just laughable. 

It's vomit inducing

27 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He’s worth 10 points a season. At least 2 great saves again today. We’ll struggle to get someone half as good to replace him when the time comes. He’s not far short of world class.

You might even be doing him a disservice with that claim, but I agree with your point.

I doubt that anyone on here would disagree that if we had managed to get him in the January window the season before, we would have been nowhere near bottom of the league when the season was called.

If Craig is worth 10 points a season, Pereira was worth at least -10 points.  

58 minutes ago, Cade said:

7 points from 5 games.

Not shite.

Not great.

Nice to see a solid win after last week's pathetic showing.

Better than 3 in 6

8 minutes ago, RobNox said:

You might even be doing him a disservice with that claim, but I agree with your point.

I doubt that anyone on here would disagree that if we had managed to get him in the January window the season before, we would have been nowhere near bottom of the league when the season was called.

BBC coverage of both Edinburgh teams is just so disparate. I can guarantee that if we were on for 6 defeats in s row they would be absolutely salivating  at the prospect. Hearts must really get under their collective skin. Be interesting to know why. But, great, anyway!

Edited by Riccarton3

40 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

As predicted. Does **** all and comes up with a match winning moment. :lol:

👍

12 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Robbie saying Beni ok for Thursday

That is wonderful news! 👍

We were awful most of the game and did not deserve the 3 points. That been said

:yas:

Gordon, Kingsley, Devlin, Mckay (ish) and Beni (ish) are the only players who I would say had a good game.

GMS, Boyce and Smith are ****ing awful.

7 minutes ago, RobNox said:

The Anti-Craig.

The Goalscoring Knee

Was only able to keep tabs on what was really happening thanks to the truth troops on here today :thumbsup: as opposed to the bbc stats thing, which really can distort matters, and the club's twitter feed, where they seem to bugger off for a pie every 10 mins and forget to come back, ususally when we're not playing well.

37 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

6 games ago Hibs were 2nd in league 1 point behind Rangers. 

Win prevented them going 15 points behind played same number of games. 

But Hibs are great. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Great result from a very ropey performance. So many guys didn't seem up for it today and those that were struggled to find top form.

Halkett, Kingsley and Gordon were the best for me.

Souttar was okay but some awful passing. 

Halliday shouldn't be starting Hearts games unless we're carrying a lot of injuries.

Frustrating from Boyce. He's going to have to improve in front of goal or he won't be our first choice striker for much longer.

Lots of effort from Beni (hope to **** he's okay), Devlin, Mackay and Gino even though not much went right for them.

Happy with the points but a game to forget. 

Kingsley's left foot is something else. What a beautiful striker of the ball.

Probably the first game we’ve won this season not playing decent football. Good. We need to be able to win games like that.

Also St Mirren are better this season than most of us would probably admit and are decent away from home.

We’ve beaten them twice this season now. Anyone remember our last result and performance against them before that?

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Agree, one of my favourites

I like McKay but I wish he would just ****ing shoot sometimes. He does ***** about too much for my liking.

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Probably the first game we’ve won this season not playing decent football. Good. We need to be able to win games like that.

Also St Mirren are better this season than most of us would probably admit and are decent away from home.

We’ve beaten them twice this season now. Anyone remember our last result and performance against them before that?

I like McKay but I wish he would just ****ing shoot sometimes. He does ***** about too much for my liking.

Agreed same goes for Boyce

6 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Significantly involved in our first goal , that'll do for me.

Easily pleased. That chance he had was a sitter, and I want my striker to be bursting the net from that position. No excuses for him not hitting that.

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We were awful most of the game and did not deserve the 3 points. That been said

:yas:

Gordon, Kingsley, Devlin, Mckay (ish) and Beni (ish) are the only players who I would say had a good game.

GMS, Boyce and Smith are ****ing awful.

Get a grip! We were awful in the first half but there was a massive improvement in the second and we thoroughly  deserved to win that game. We created enough chances to score 10!

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Thomaso said:

Agreed same goes for Boyce

Boyce frustrates the hell out of me.

Good strikers hit the chance he had today first time. No doubt about it.

But then all of our attackers seem to want to take 5 touches in the box before they shoot even when they are one on one with the keeper.

It does make me wonder what the **** McCulloch adds a coach - it does seem to me that we need to add a striker coach to robbie’s staff (if we don’t get a new striker that doesn’t need taught how to score!)

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

But then all of our attackers seem to want to take 5 touches in the box before they shoot even when they are one on one with the keeper.

It does make me wonder what the **** McCulloch adds a coach - it does seem to me that we need to add a striker coach to robbie’s staff (if we don’t get a new striker that doesn’t need taught how to score!)

Yes if only we had the likes of Steven Naismith as a coach……

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

for me the problem with boyce is i feel he is an instinct striker, one who is better if he has no thinking time. for his chances today he had the time to think as the ball was coming to him 

Was unfortunately not at the game today (family stuff) did Beni’s  injury look a bad one .

Sorry if it’s been already disgust .

Edited by One five

Just now, One five said:

Was unfortunately not at the game today (family stuff) did Bini’s injury look a bad one .

Sorry if it’s been already disgust .

Robbie Neilson says he should play against Celtic.

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Totally agree. Frustrates the hell out of me… especially when inside the box. Not just Boyce - all of them seem to want to take touches. 

8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Agree it's good to win a game like that.

St Mirren were unbeaten in last 6 away games. 

Hopefully a lot to learn from first half but did do well second half. 

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

6 games ago Hibs were 2nd in league 1 point behind Rangers. 

Win prevented them going 15 points behind played same number of games. 

But Hibs are great. 

Around that time BBC had an article questioning if Hibs could win the League. 

6 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Easily pleased. That chance he had was a sitter, and I want my striker to be bursting the net from that position. No excuses for him not hitting that.

We're second, thanks in part to Boyce goals and assists.

I'm pleased.

Just can't help it.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Around that time BBC had an article questioning if Hibs could win the League. 

3 weeks later it was the same with us and our form plummeted immediately!

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Get a grip! We were awful in the first half but there was a massive improvement in the second and we thoroughly  deserved to win that game. We created enough chances to score 10!

Gordon was our MotM probably. Go figure.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

3 weeks later it was the same with us and our form plummeted immediately!

Yeah, it's like just finding something  to write about, however fanciful,  to suggest some variation on a duopoly whi!e hoping the duopoly continues 😂 Must have right laugh writing them up. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Yes if only we had the likes of Steven Naismith as a coach……

Good point mate - is he officially part of the coaching team now?

I was watching some of his goals for us on twitter feeds this week and none of our strikers seem to want to take their chance first time like he always did.

MATCH REPORT

https://t.co/nnFlugSci3

Winning ugly for a change?! Gordon again called into action which has to be a concern going forward. Neilson said after that Beni is up and about walking, showering etc so it’s not as bad as first feared. 

“I think he will be alright. He is up and walking about and showering. I think he just got more of a shock at the time.” 

Reads appreciated 

The_razors_edge

Not long back in the house. That first half was one of the worst half’s of football I have EVER witnessed. Yes the 2nd half was better but it would have been difficult to be any worse. That said, Kingsley’s FK was worth the entrance money alone

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, The_razors_edge said:

Not long back in the house. That first half was one of the worst half’s of football I have EVER witnessed. Yes the 2nd half was better but it would have been difficult to be any worse. That said, Kingsley’s FK was worth the entrance money alone

Your pished mate if you think that was one the worst half of football you have seen.

Either that or you are 5.

It was shite but even this season our first half against Celtic in the diddy cup was about 20 times worse.

Jesus.

That was crap today. Wrong line up, seemed totally devoid of any game plan, no changes made to try and change things round, and the players seemed a bit flat.  That's all on Robbie for me.

Why does he persist with Smith week after week in the RWB role when he can't play there? Why does he pick halliday at all? Some of the guys on the bench must be thinking what am I doing wrong that I can't get in the team ahead of those two? It's baffling stuff.

We'll get hammered if we play like that at parkhead next week. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Your pished mate if you think that was one the worst half of football you have seen.

It was shite but even this season our first half against Celtic in the diddy cup was about 20 times worse.

Jesus.

The first half was a little dull but competitive Tbh. 

Both teams giving as good as each other. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

He’s worth 10 points a season. At least 2 great saves again today. We’ll struggle to get someone half as good to replace him when the time comes. He’s not far short of world class.

probably saved us 10 points already this season, he’s been phenomenal!

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Paulp74 said:

That was crap today. Wrong line up, seemed totally devoid of any game plan, no changes made to try and change things round, and the players seemed a bit flat.  That's all on Robbie for me.

Why does he persist with Smith week after week in the RWB role when he can't play there? Why does he pick halliday at all? Some of the guys on the bench must be thinking what am I doing wrong that I can't get in the team ahead of those two? It's baffling stuff.

We'll get hammered if we play like that at parkhead next week. 

Fair doos. 

Despite the win and us going clear in 3rd, you still thought you'd go for it. 

10/10 for persistence. 

The more sensible ones of the rabid gang have scuttled away, you've went a different way. 

2-0 wins oot. 

Bazzas right boot
46 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Aye, he's a good player but he does nothing with it. Where GMS does **** all and has the most goals and assists out of all of them. Barrie no end product McKay. 

He set up GMS on plate today, he's done that few times. 

Not his fault he missed Tbh. 

Good player, not many of his ilk at this level. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Fair doos. 

Despite the win and us going clear in 3rd, you still thought you'd go for it. 

10/10 for persistence. 

The more sensible ones of the rabid gang have scuttled away, you've went a different way. 

2-0 wins oot. 

Think it's best you call it a night mate and just enjoy the win.

8 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

The one in last minute.:whistling:

Stream broke down when Kingsley scored:sadrobbo:

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

Think it's best you call it a night mate and just enjoy the win.

"mate", I am enjoying the win, unlike the poster I replied to. 

👍

Great result… we needed the win.  We got lucky today… CG came to our rescue.

Thought RN had another poor game.  Very slow to make any changes and the game could easily have been over before he acted. Our first goal was totally against the run of play.  After that we dominated. In the first half we had 0 shots on target.

The_razors_edge
7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Jesus.

I was genuinely bored to tears. Souttar to Halkett to Kingsley to Devlin to Souttar to Halkett and back to Gordon to launch the ball aimlessly upfield…and rinse and repeat. 

Both teams were woeful in the 1st half. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

"mate", I am enjoying the win, unlike the poster I replied to. 

👍

Really? You are just trolling Hearts fans bud.

• JKBMod 12 featured and unfeatured this topic