Pope Francis statement

JudyJudyJudy

Great to see.

He's been a great servant to the people, nothing is ever too much for him. Very noble and dignified. Inspirational. 

Hopefully many years left in him. 

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

You should try this thread on ‘Follow Follow’.

:greggy:

50 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Great to see.

He's been a great servant to the people, nothing is ever too much for him. Very noble and dignified. Inspirational. 

Yep and i hope he has a few more years left in him too. 

26 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

Wonder if the elephant in the room  will  be next for praise 

??????????????????????

Backwards shite. 

Wonder how they describe child abuse?

The Vatican holds that gay people must be treated with dignity and respect, but that gay sex is “intrinsically disordered.”

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Backwards shite. 

Wonder how they describe child abuse?

The Vatican holds that gay people must be treated with dignity and respect, but that gay sex is “intrinsically disordered.”

Only if you're doing it wrong I'd imagine.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Great to see.

He's been a proper Pope. He has addressed the crowds with vigour and humility 

In the 19th and 20th centuries, the Canadian government implemented a system of residential schools.  Indigenous children were removed from their families and placed in those residential schools, most of which were run by Catholic priests and nuns.  Thousands of those children died from physical and sexual abuse, neglect, and disease and were dumped into unmarked graves. The latest count is over 4,000, but that number will certainly rise as the search for more graves is ongoing.

The Canadian government has apologised to the Indigenous people for its role in this horror story.  The Catholic Church has not apologised.  Several requests for an apology have been made directly to the Pope, but he has not replied.

You won't find many people in Canada who would agree that the Pope is a compassionate man.

3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Been a bit of a mixed bag, the Catholic Church’s approach to HIV

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_HIV/AIDS

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Been a bit of a mixed bag, the Catholic Church’s approach to HIV

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_HIV/AIDS

Yes i am aware of that. But its good to look forward and not back.  No use holding on to past issues regarding this topic. It helps no one really. 

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes i am aware of that. But its good to look forward and not back.  No use holding on to past issues regarding this topic. It helps no one really. 

Definitely. If they completely change their attitude to homosexuality, HIV, child abuse and a few other issues they’ll win a lot of support. 

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

How selective  that post is

And I'm sure if you were a victim you would not be so casual in your take 

18 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

How selective  that post is

And I'm sure if you were a victim you would not be so casual in your take 

Read my last comment ! And you shouldn’t assume a person hasn’t a been  a victim of abuse . 

3 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

What ever 

Glad its all good for some 

Thats what really matters 

You’re quite entitled to hold a grudge for the church’s vile behaviour. Simply unforgivable some of the stunts they’ve pulled over the years imo. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, Mister T said:

I've never been inspired by any pope or indeed the leader of any religion. Give with one hand while peddling made up nonsense with the other. 

Sums it up for me

Leave it that 

8 hours ago, Ked said:

I'm left wondering if James isnt being a little mischievous with this one.

🙂

😛

image-23-10-21-07-02-2.gif

McGlynn The Money
15 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

In the 19th and 20th centuries, the Canadian government implemented a system of residential schools.  Indigenous children were removed from their families and placed in those residential schools, most of which were run by Catholic priests and nuns.  Thousands of those children died from physical and sexual abuse, neglect, and disease and were dumped into unmarked graves. The latest count is over 4,000, but that number will certainly rise as the search for more graves is ongoing.

The Canadian government has apologised to the Indigenous people for its role in this horror story.  The Catholic Church has not apologised.  Several requests for an apology have been made directly to the Pope, but he has not replied.

You won't find many people in Canada who would agree that the Pope is a compassionate man.

The child abuse scandals are also a convenient fig leaf for bigots who have always hated Catholics. Now they have something concrete to point to, even though their hatred and bigotry was there long before all of the terrible abuse came to light.

53 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

The child abuse scandals are also a convenient fig leaf for bigots who have always hated Catholics. Now they have something concrete to point to, even though their hatred and bigotry was there long before all of the terrible abuse came to light.

Correct . 

2 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Perhaps so, but much of the criticism of the Pope, and his lack of apology for the Residential school tragedy in Canada, comes from the Indigenous community, many of whom are Catholic, and the Catholic laity in general.

Having said that, talks between Canadian Indigenous leaders and the Vatican seem to be underway, so maybe he will issue an apology at some point.

McGlynn The Money
3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Perhaps so, but much of the criticism of the Pope, and his lack of apology for the Residential school tragedy in Canada, comes from the Indigenous community, many of whom are Catholic, and the Catholic laity in general.

Having said that, talks between Canadian Indigenous leaders and the Vatican seem to be underway, so maybe he will issue an apology at some point.

Understandably those who have suffered most at the hands of the Catholic Church are among its sternest critics. 

Sadly though it's given a lot of bigots the green light to air their prejudices on this forum. Said bigots are present in the Hearts support, this forum and possibly even this thread.

9 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Understandably those who have suffered most at the hands of the Catholic Church are among its sternest critics. 

Sadly though it's given a lot of bigots the green light to air their prejudices on this forum. Said bigots are present in the Hearts support, this forum and possibly even this thread.

The vatican is bursting at the seams with bigotry.

14 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Well said . I can understand some have string feelings regarding this issue , and I understand that if it’s came from personal experience . However I think that some have just jumped on the bigotry band wagon really . Hear it every other Saturday at Tynecastle really . Sad really . 

17 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Definitely. If they completely change their attitude to homosexuality, HIV, child abuse and a few other issues they’ll win a lot of support. 

God has apparently mellowed with age then.

But by doing that they have to admit that either God was talking shite back then and has changed his mind or that they have completely misunderstood his message and he really liked gay folk the whole time.

No way will they admit to the scale and extent of their involvement in abusing kids. Sweep sweep.

Religion is a disease. 

7 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

God has apparently mellowed with age then.

But by doing that they have to admit that either God was talking shite back then and has changed his mind or that they have completely misunderstood his message and he really liked gay folk the whole time.

No way will they admit to the scale and extent of their involvement in abusing kids. Sweep sweep.

Religion is a disease. 

Not really interested in religion but I am quite interested in equality and tolerance. Religions shouldn't be exempt from that imo. 

McGlynn The Money
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

The vatican is bursting at the seams with bigotry.

You'll find no argument from me on that point. 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Well said . I can understand some have string feelings regarding this issue , and I understand that if it’s came from personal experience . However I think that some have just jumped on the bigotry band wagon really . Hear it every other Saturday at Tynecastle really . Sad really . 

:spoton:

Sadly there are a lot of them in our support and on this forum and this thread is a prime example of that. So many other religions or organisations have a problem with historical child abuse but the bigots only want to talk about it when the Catholic Church is in the firing line.

8 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

You'll find no argument from me on that point. 

:spoton:

Sadly there are a lot of them in our support and on this forum and this thread is a prime example of that. So many other religions or organisations have a problem with historical child abuse but the bigots only want to talk about it when the Catholic Church is in the firing line.

Exactly abuse happens in any intuition where people have power and authority over others. Its not just jn the Catholic church. 

What strikes me is that the catholic religion can be filled with hate and intolerance but say one thing about them or sing one anti catholic song and you are the bad guy - you are the bigot.

Unbelievable the protection religion gets.

I don't agree with bringing religion or politics into football but outside of football and in my head and my personal life I stand tall with my deep hatred for the catholic faith (and all religion).  It is a ****ing abomination from inception to modern day.  An absolute despicable stain on the human race story.

I am so proud to be a man of no religious faith and have no belief in any god or divine power whatsoever.

As an aside, I hate all this false 'proddy' shit.  People who feel that because they hate Catholicism they are some kind of de facto protestant.

I am as much a protestant as I am catholic - I hold all of Christianity with contempt.  I just feel Catholicism is untouchable on the Christianity evil scale.

McGlynn The Money
41 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

What strikes me is that the catholic religion can be filled with hate and intolerance but say one thing about them or sing one anti catholic song and you are the bad guy - you are the bigot.

Unbelievable the protection religion gets.

I don't agree with bringing religion or politics into football but outside of football and in my head and my personal life I stand tall with my deep hatred for the catholic faith (and all religion).  It is a ****ing abomination from inception to modern day.  An absolute despicable stain on the human race story.

I am so proud to be a man of no religious faith and have no belief in any god or divine power whatsoever.

As an aside, I hate all this false 'proddy' shit.  People who feel that because they hate Catholicism they are some kind of de facto protestant.

I am as much a protestant as I am catholic - I hold all of Christianity with contempt.  I just feel Catholicism is untouchable on the Christianity evil scale.

Interesting point but not quite sure I agree. There is an element of anti Irish Catholic bigotry in our support and wider Scottish society. That's where people use the child abuse stuff as a mask for their bigotry. Sadly some in our support see Celtic/Catholicism/The Republic of Ireland as one and the same and the red mist descends whenever any of those things are mentioned.

Sad to see such bigotry still rearing its head on this forum and in this very thread.

Sad to see the Church Of Rome doing next to nothing about the world wide abuse that its associated with 

Does that make me a bigot  for being disgusted with that lot ??

No time for religion as such but if it helps many all the better  but the baggage that goes with it is appalling 

Jeffros Furios
11 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Interesting point but not quite sure I agree. There is an element of anti Irish Catholic bigotry in our support and wider Scottish society. That's where people use the child abuse stuff as a mask for their bigotry. Sadly some in our support see Celtic/Catholicism/The Republic of Ireland as one and the same and the red mist descends whenever any of those things are mentioned.

Sad to see such bigotry still rearing its head on this forum and in this very thread.

Give it a rest you clown , there's no anti Catholic posts on any thread and out with the bigot twins there's next to none in Scottish society .

You're just some saddo trying to create devision by spouting lies .

Are you really a Hearts supporter or some interloper intent on causing bother ? 

McGlynn The Money
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Give it a rest you clown , there's no anti Catholic posts on any thread and out with the bigot twins there's next to none in Scottish society .

You're just some saddo trying to create devision by spouting lies .

Are you really a Hearts supporter or some interloper intent on causing bother ? 

Are you really a Hearts supporter? Have you ever been on a train back from an away game? 

Jeffros Furios
54 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Are you really a Hearts supporter? Have you ever been on a train back from an away game? 

I've heard all the songs on the train whether it be anti gay ,anti  Catholic   anti Jew  or people with brown skin.

Where's the anti Catholic or anti Irish posts on this forum ? 

Where at Tynecastle do you experience this ?

Where in Scottish society do you experience this ? 

As I said out with the bigot twins through in Glasgow it hardly exists. 

We don't live in the 70s or 80s anymore dear chap society has changed .

McGlynn The Money
3 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

I've heard all the songs on the train whether it be anti gay ,anti  Catholic   anti Jew  or people with brown skin.

Where's the anti Catholic or anti Irish posts on this forum ? 

Where at Tynecastle do you experience this ?

Where in Scottish society do you experience this ? 

As I said out with the bigot twins through in Glasgow it hardly exists. 

We don't live in the 70s or 80s anymore dear chap society has changed .

You've answered your own question there love. Not much point discussing this with you further.

Best wishes.

11 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

😛

image-23-10-21-07-02-2.gif

In response to Queenies thread me thinks.

Quite right I suppose.

Both institutions as corrupt as each other.

For me the equivalent of the current Queen in terms of respect without knowing either was the Polish Pope.

Just seemed a warm man .

I remember the joy my catholic mates boys and girls felt about his visit.

Other than him I'm not that familiar.

Does though drive through that both are head of church and the fact that religion was the politic of a bygone age .

Maybe still is to an extent in the west but less so.

Jeffros Furios
58 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

You've answered your own question there love. Not much point discussing this with you further.

Best wishes.

And best wishes to you x