• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• The Real Maroonblood

• Japan Jambo

• Ked

The Ultimate Worrier
On 15/11/2021 at 14:01, Pans Jambo said:

Its the only role she's ever known. She was bon into it. Yes, silver spoon if you like. They know no different. Dinny geez "its a shame" pish! She's never wanted a day in her life nor will her offspring or their offspring etc.

Country of sycophants!

I didn't see any disrespect on this thread. She's an old woman not wonderwoman! She is at the twilight of her years but lets be honest, he years have been better than most folks. Be sad when she passes but no more so than any other female human being that age.

Her position on the other hand...

:spoton:

On 15/11/2021 at 14:22, Smithee said:

She's also been able to give it up for a life of simple luxury at any time.

I'm not feeling sorry for someone with those life choices.

Well said sir.

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

See the whole 'life of luxury and wealth' argument - it is certainly valid but think of it this way if you may....her entire life is owned.  Her entire days are owned and out of her control.  Everything she does is part of her role.  She can barely do anything she chooses.  She will have no privacy or at least struggle to get any.  

I can barely stand speaking to someone for 2 minutes and doing the small talk - she has been doing this everyday for near 70 years.  Constantly in the company of that chosen for her.

All the wealth in the world would not want me to have that life.  And she can't do anything with her wealth.  It is not as if she can have a car boot sale or Sotheby's auctions.

It must be so hard. Staying in palaces and castles wherever she goes, travels in style, sampling the best in everything that the world has to offer.

Sycophants and crawlers at every turn making her feel that she is someone special. Treating her beloved subjects with nothing but contempt.

You never hear her offering to give up any of "her" wealth back to the people she stole it from, the people who actually need it.

That's before we even get on to her entire family of leeches and hangers on, then there's Prince Andrew...

4 hours ago, Sharpie said:

As I have stated I am from an age I am sure you never lived in. Men were men, and often insult was resolved by an agreement to settle differences by doing so physically, I do regret I sometimes fall back into these days.  I make no secret of whom I am, where I am and what I have been. I have differences of opinion with some on here, but generally respect their views and responses. I however find it difficult to deal with someone who certainly by the present user name is totally new to the web page. Your whole motivation seems to be to disturb, and that I am sure is your right, you have an answer you think for everything that shows your self considered superiority, but sir, with no respect I consider you an anonymous coward, with considerable feelings of low esteem, and take pleasure in insulting, criticising and just being an absolute nuisance. There was a day when I would love to have got the jaicket off with you, but now  get satisfaction from knowing that you no doubt suffer in your loneliness when you realise who and what you are. A parasite. Please excuse any grammatical, or punctuation, I never had the senior years of education that you probably had I was in foreign climes serving my Queen, God Save The Queen. 

The only parasite on this thread is the one named in the title.

Just now, Smithee said:

I don't know what you're laughing at, this is how it works.

The Louvre got mentioned above, who owns that now? The nearest relative?

I'm guessing you know there was a revolution and were taking notes?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Revolution

anyways, I'll leave you with your seditious thoughts...

Just now, Japan Jambo said:

I'm guessing you know there was a revolution and were taking notes?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Revolution

anyways, I'll leave you with your seditious thoughts...

Of course, but the point anyway was that it's nonsense to say the royal family brings in money from tourism.

She is personally a very rich woman, but she doesn't own the Crown Estates.

8 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Dehumanising people no matter who they are is weak .

Imo.

4 minutes ago, Ked said:

Imo.

In what way has anyone “dehumanised” the queen on this thread? I dont see it. 

29 minutes ago, kila said:

This thread will probably go on and on and on...

So, what page number do we reckon it'll happen?

Who are we kidding, they'll just fit a new bionic arse piece, change her oil and send her on her way, she's 80% plug and play now.

The Ultimate Worrier
9 minutes ago, Ked said:

Imo.

Someone called another poster a parasite first. I'm not dehumanising Lizzie but joist pointing out that she is a parasite. Nothing personal against her though and I extend it to her whole family.

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Me neither. 

21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Of course, but the point anyway was that it's nonsense to say the royal family brings in money from tourism.

She is personally a very rich woman, but she doesn't own the Crown Estates.

I'm honestly not sure at this stage if you are deliberately trolling me or auditioning for a role on Russia Today...

The point I was making is that the Royal Family generate tourist income for the wider UK economy, they are a massive draw. Look at the deal 'Ginge and Winge' did with Netflix, reported to be around $100m and they are but a mere subsidiary of the firm and not even in direct line to the throne. Harry didn't secure this deal based on his intellect or acting abilities on that we should be able to agree. The Royal family are box office whether you like that or not, I'm clear you don't.

On the narrower point you are now making they do indeed bring in money directly from tourism; https://www.rct.uk/visit

The Queen is the reigning monarch and owns it (my original point was the far narrower one that 'we' do not own it but whatever);

The Crown Estate is though owned by the Monarch in right of the Crown. This means that the Queen owns it by virtue of holding the position of reigning Monarch, for as long as she is on the throne, as will her successor. Responsibility for managing The Crown Estate is trusted to us, under the Crown Estate Act, and the Queen is not involved in management decisions.

Edited by Japan Jambo
typo

Just now, Japan Jambo said:

I'm honestly not sure at this stage if you are deliberately trolling me or auditioning for a role on Russia Today...

The point I was making is that the Royal Family generate tourist income for the wider UK economy, they are a massive draw. Look at the deal 'Ginge and Winge' did with Netflix, reported to be around $100m and they are but a mere subsidiary of the firm and not even in direct line top the throne. Harry didn't secure this deal based on his intellect or acting abilities on that we should be able to agree. The Royal family are box office whether you like that or not, I'm clear you don't.

On the narrower point you are now making they do indeed bring in money directly from tourism; https://www.rct.uk/visit

The Queen is the reigning monarch and owns it (my original point was the far narrower one that 'we' do not own it but whatever);

The Crown Estate is though owned by the Monarch in right of the Crown. This means that the Queen owns it by virtue of holding the position of reigning Monarch, for as long as she is on the throne, as will her successor. Responsibility for managing The Crown Estate is trusted to us, under the Crown Estate Act, and the Queen is not involved in management decisions.

She doesn't personally own it and they don't bring in anything.

The Crown estate is tasked with generating profit for the Treasury for the benefit of the nation’s finances, not for the queen.

A lot of the buildings bring in tourism, but that's not what we're talking about.

21 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I am the guilty person being deservedly berated for using the term at another member. Patience is not and has never been a strong point but when in error will admit and accept proper criticism.

46 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Someone called another poster a parasite first. I'm not dehumanising Lizzie but joist pointing out that she is a parasite. Nothing personal against her though and I extend it to her whole family.

Me neither. 

Oh well .

It seems calling another person a parasite isnt dehumanising.

But it's ok someone said it first.

Do you agree that to refer to a person or a group of people could be dehumanising ?

As a parasite or parasites.

Edited by Ked

29 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I am the guilty person being deservedly berated for using the term at another member. Patience is not and has never been a strong point but when in error will admit and accept proper criticism.

Ach well ye goat hot headed.

Some people refer to the queen or certain groups of people in habit though.

The Ultimate Worrier
12 minutes ago, Ked said:

Oh well .

It seems calling another person a parasite isnt dehumanising.

But it's ok someone said it first.

Do you agree that to refer to a person or a group of people could be dehumanising ?

As a parasite or parasites.

A parasite is a person who lives at the expense of others. It's a perfect description of the Queen and her family but please explain in what way is it dehumanising?

7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

@The Ultimate Worrier ha ha you got a row

The sycophants out in force!

14 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

A parasite is a person who lives at the expense of others. It's a perfect description of the Queen and her family but please explain in what way is it dehumanising?

The sycophants out in force!

No row.

No sycophantic post from me.

The institutions of any establishment could be described as parasitic.

Name any system of governance that's not ?

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Who are we kidding, they'll just fit a new bionic arse piece, change her oil and send her on her way, she's 80% plug and play now.

Keeps the tourists happy and the money flooding into the country!. Long may she reign over us.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

mechagodzilla-godzilla-vs-kong.jpg?w=192

Leaked footage of Her Maj recording this year's Christmas speech al fresco.

Now that would being in tourists. By force if necessary.

The Ultimate Worrier
28 minutes ago, Ked said:

No row.

No sycophantic post from me.

The institutions of any establishment could be described as parasitic.

Name any system of governance that's not ?

You've dodged the question about in what way am I dehumanising the Queen. Please explain.

The Ultimate Worrier

Tourists still visit Loch Ness even though the monster hasn't been seen for years. Prince Andrew has gone AWOL and it hasn't affected tourist numbers so let's not worry about that.

14 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

You've dodged the question about in what way am I dehumanising the Queen. Please explain.

I've not dodged anything.

Do you need reminded of your own words?

2 hours ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

The Ultimate Worrier
3 minutes ago, Ked said:

I've not dodged anything.

Do you need reminded of your own words?

In what way is that dehumanising? Please go and check the dictionary definition of the word parasite.

10 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

In what way is that dehumanising? Please go and check the dictionary definition of the word parasite.

Oh ok .

So calling a person or a group of people parasites isnt dehumanising them?

It's never been used by anyone to refer to others in a dark way?

You win.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Hope so.

Kickback has her pushing up the daisies by page 6, we are on page 5, still concerned  for her.

It’s worrying.

Another sleepless night.

22 minutes ago, kila said:

Her hands though, cyanosis or just the room lighting? :ninja:

We're still in the early days of cyborgs, wait for QE2.1

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The Queen was back on Royal duties today looking as fit as a fiddle.

She has a good few years left yet and I hope she is able to send herself a telegram.

It's a shame her favourite son is a ******* **** of the highest order. 

To be fair that could be any of her sons with varying asterisks. 

25 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The Queen was back on Royal duties today looking as fit as a fiddle.

She has a good few years left yet and I hope she is able to send herself a telegram.

It's a shame her favourite son is a ******* **** of the highest order. 

What has Edward done.

32 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Oh I don't know. He lasted 2 weeks in the Royal Marines or wherever, but at least he isn't a ******* **** like his brother.

He looks like a ******* ****** **** though doesn't he.

I've always found it best to assume the worst with that lot. It's in their genes. A thousand year old family tree with only one branch.

Banjo players the lot of them.

Anyway, if we could hold off posting here until June/July that would be great. Not wanting to hit page 6 during the darkness of winter, are we.

We've got holidays galore coming up anyway.

* FFS, I've ****** that haven't I, 49 post left. Use them wisely.

Edited by Longbaws

I can never work out why people are happy to support a monarchy that says and does nothing to support any of its subjects who are suffering extreme poverty. 

Sell a couple of paintings and show real intent in helping out. 

They dont care about us why should we care about them. 

Yes they are parasites, they don't realise how lucky they are instead they moan about how busy they are

they don't appreciate the struggles ordinary people have. 

On a personal level I will have sympathy when the queen dies but no more than for any other stranger. 

I will not be sitting in the house with a black armband on, if its summer time I will cut the grass or walk the dog, if they cut the TV off I will play 🎶 instead. 

been here before
13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I can never work out why people are happy to support a monarchy that says and does nothing to support any of its subjects who are suffering extreme poverty. 

Yes they are parasites, they don't realise how lucky they are instead they moan about how busy they are

On a personal level I will have sympathy when the queen dies but no more than for any other stranger. 

I will not be sitting in the house with a black armband on, if its summer time I will cut the grass or walk the dog, if they cut the TV off I will play 🎶 instead. 

Aye but think about how much poorer those families living in poverty, relying on foodbanks and living in shit substandard housinh would be if it wasnt for all the money the queen and her family bring into the country.

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It’s hard work opening fetes and there’s very few ships to christen these days.

I dread her passing and the saturation media coverage that will follow.

Nothing newsworthy will happen in the world in the weeks/months afterwards. Not on British telly.

Boris the PM and Charles the King simultaneously is a sobering prospect. Thank goodness Trump has gone. I don't think the planet could survive that hat-trick.