Is the penny finally dropping for Hibs fans…… ( merged )

Craigieboy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

53 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

In fairness you can tell that individual isn't the full shilling before reading the post

The yams 🤣

I'm in a bit of a quandary just now.

I'm thinking it would be hilarious if St Johnstone or Dundee (or both) went on a decent run, and the weeteam got dragged into a relegation fight, but on the other hand, although I could see them getting dragged in, I think the chances of them actually ending up going down this season are really pretty slim, because they bagged enough points in the early stages of the season to give them a significant cushion. The likelihood is that they'd stay up, ditch Baloney, and hire someone else that's "safer", who gets pre-season and all of next season, probably keeping them lower-mid-table for the next couple of years or so.  

So instead, I'm thinking that it might be better if they don't get dragged into any significant trouble this season, meaning Baloney takes them through pre-season and into next season, when they're then highly unlikely to start the season anything like they did this one.  In that case, I can see a genuine, season-long struggle for them, with a very real chance that they could find themselves in a situation they're unable to get themselves out of.

Good to see Gary Caldwell is having a strong influence too. He's embedded his lack of positional awareness and  just needs to get them running like they're wearing deep sea diver boots and it's job done.

Just now, The White Cockade said:

Aye you are right

makes it more disappointing how poor we were at Easter Road

We were not poor, maybe not at our best, but def not poor 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

Aye you are right

Always someone got to spoil it.. stop ****ing whinging

Vaguely recall that being sung to a pop song in the early 80s.

Oh-oh-oh-oh,

Hibs are ****ing shite,

Oh-oh-oh-oh,

Hibs are ****ing shite.

I think the real lyric was best days of our life?

Edit: I checked*. It was Best Years of our Lives by Modern Romance.

*I honestly had to Google it. I emphatically deny that I actually knew, remembered or liked the song or band. 🤪

Edited by martoon

kingantti1874
Just now, jdl2002 said:

We were not poor, maybe not at our best, but def not poor 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

save your breath man. The reality is hibs bust their absolute nuts effort wise to stay in it but were saved by their keeper and by the referee..

Doesn’t matter a jot to some..

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

save your breath man. The reality is hibs bust their absolute nuts effort wise to stay in it but were saved by their keeper and by the referee..

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

16 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Aye you are right

We weren't poor second half. We were dominant and then robbed. 

8 minutes ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

Mods, can you just merge all the Hibs threads to one big "laughing at the wee team" thread?

Good plan

9 minutes ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

Mods, can you just merge all the Hibs threads to one big "laughing at the wee team" thread?

No.  I love the variety.  I'm going to start another one.  Just haven't thought of the angle yet.  In no circs will I outdo Craigie though.

Hibs visit Tynceastle for the final game before the split.  What will their league position be then?

I don't think they're nearly as bad as some on here say.

I'm going for 10th.

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, Kiwidoug said:

Hibs visit Tynceastle for the final game before the split.  What will their league position be then?

I'm going for 10th.

Ha ha good one

9 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm going for 10th.

Screenshot_20220205-214835_Chrome.jpg

39 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Head shot 

39 minutes ago, been here before said:

The 5th thread about Hibs on the first page.

:facepalm:

Dont like it dont read it

FTH

Better team on the day, had all the possession, just didn’t take the chances, played a great passing game, Oh aye, and it was sell out 

42 minutes ago, been here before said:

The 5th thread about Hibs on the first page.

:facepalm:

Hear, hear. I actually make it six. And some folk have the gall to say they are obsessed with us on .nut

Mods, please merge these threads.

The big problem for them is if they end bottom six, as that’s when the bottom clubs are fighting for their league survival and they have absolutely no fight in them unless apparently they are playing us 

3 hours ago, Paolo said:

And one hasn’t. 

“Also more vegan options on the menu”

Going to follow this comedy genius 😂

jambo-in-furness

IMO any team below us could end in the bottom 6 after the split,  and if Dundee and St Johnstone start picking their game up,  relegation is a threat to all of those that are there post split,  praying Hibs are one of them,  I can’t see them turning their form around,  they could be doomed I tell you, doomed.

9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

After 7 games Hibs had 15 points and were second 1 point behind Rangers at top. 

So they have 16 points from their last 18 games. 

Wow. That's a batting collapse worthy of England

Hibs fans griping on twitter....

""Serious questions have got to be asked of Kensell & Gordon IMO. Something at our club just isn’t right & hasn’t been for a while. The whole thing of RG’s laddie, Ian, being our Head of Player Recruitment (which hasn’t even been annoucned… weird) doesn’t sit well with me either..""

""He is our Cathro""

Jambo_jim2001
7 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Didn't know Ron Gordon's son was Hibs head of recruitment.....!

And server off hot dogs at half time

31 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Cannae get more vegan than “The Cabbage”😜

16 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Didn't know Ron Gordon's son was Hibs head of recruitment.....!

What can go wrong? 😄

Jambo in Bathgate
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

That’s never the post of a hibby! 

August Landmesser

With a fair wind, they could be 9th after the 9th Feb, only 5 ahead of Rossco who they play on the 19th Feb followed by ahome to El

ltic

I know ifs & buts etc but wouldn't it be nice?

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

With a fair wind, they could be 9th after the 9th Feb, only 5 ahead of Rossco who they play on the 19th Feb followed by ahome to El

ltic

I know ifs & buts etc but wouldn't it be nice?

Would love a repeat of 98, with us winning the cup and them going down, if Carlsberg did football seasons.

mickycameron98

Wonder how long Maloney will stick to playing out from the back. They are absolutely dreadful at it and were caught out again yesterday. Long may they try

Edited by mickycameron98

highlandjambo3
10 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Get back to us when you find out what this “playing the famous Hibee way” is………Right…..I’m off to feed Nessie 

35 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

Wonder how long Maloney will stick to playing out from the back. They are absolutely dreadful at it and were caught out again yesterday. Long may they try

Said before we played them there is no way Maloney chose that Rocky over Sibbick despite him saying he had no interest in Sibbick.Sibbick can pass the ball that Rocky is a big huddy so why would you sign him if you wanted to play it out from the back.

35 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

The reason they did "well" against us was they hit the channels early and got balls in our box. Theyve got some pace out wide too. Three duffers and 2 highly average cms trying to build from the back is quite cute tho, bless. Hope they stick with that instead

highlandjambo3
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Said before we played them there is no way Maloney chose that Rocky over Sibbick despite him saying he had no interest in Sibbick.Sibbick can pass the ball that Rocky is a big huddy so why would you sign him if you wanted to play it out from the back.

Was there not mention somewhere about Sibbick saying he’d never play for hibs…….probably told them to ram it and it’s all baloney from Maloney trying to save face.

38 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

It’s almost embarrassing the way football is going in general.  All managers try to implement this.  It’s the new fad.   It’s like they ignore the quality of player because they think it doesn’t matter.  That they’ll improve them and are hellbent on the system working. 

I always felt being a good manager was gauging the standard of your players and having a pattern of play that suits?  

We’ve been decent at times playing out this season but still had brain fart moments. We haven’t been as efficient recently though and I think that’s because Halkett is injured.  We’ve definitely had to play more direct more often in the last couple of games.