brechin beat hibs

jambo-rocker

jambo-rocker

BRECHIN City's pre-season preparations took another step forward last night (Tuesday) when they defeated a Hibs side by 1 goal to nil in a closed doors game in Edinburgh.

Brechin's goal came from a mistake by Hibernian's "Trialist" goalkeeper. Calum Smith taking advantage of his slip up to net the only goal of the game.

Hibernian's line-up included first team players Thierry Gatthusi, Lewis Stevenson, Kevin McCann, Clayton Donaldson and Damon Gray.

Manager Michael O'Neill said: "It was a great work out for our players. All of the trialists we had in did their chances no harm. But above all our fitness was good and we gave a decent Hibs side a very tough game."

A Hibs goalkeeper making a mistake ;)

C'mon Elfsborg.

Hopes of Hibernian progressing in the Intertoto Cup received an unexpected boost last night.

Their opponents, Elfsborg, suffered a shock 1-0 home defeat at the hands of Gefle, who started the match second bottom of the table.

Coach Magnus Haglund named a full-strength side, showing only one change from Sunday's first leg at Easter Road - with star midfielder Stefan Ishizaki coming back into the team.

:)

The Old Tolbooth

I think that mob are positively cacking themselves for the new season ahead, Rick Waller doesn't seem to be doing a very good job in charge of them so far :D

St Johnstone beat the 1st team 3-1.

The first team including 4 trialists and 4 U21 players.

Still, why let the facts etc.....

marshallschunkychicken

Who were the four u21s?

marshallschunkychicken
3 were probably mentioned in the OP....

That was my thinking.

I'd blame the trialists myself.... :rolleyes:

3 were probably mentioned in the OP....

There were at least another three that played not named in the OP.

winston churchill

tell agent buster blood vessel to keep up the good work.

There were at least another three that played not named in the OP.

Fletcher..

McCormack

Hanlon

All have 1st team experience.

:107years: :107years: :107years: :107years:

Winston Ingram

On a serious note... Michael O'Neill may become a top manager. Seems to have done an impressive job at Brechin. Hopefully Hibs don't snap him up next!

Fletcher..

McCormack

Hanlon

All have 1st team experience.

:107years: :107years: :107years: :107years:

1 out of 3 aint bad.

Drylaw Hearts
On a serious note... Michael O'Neill may become a top manager. Seems to have done an impressive job at Brechin. Hopefully Hibs don't snap him up next!

They've probably got one eye on him already.

IMO Mixu will flop at ER.

Winston Ingram
They've probably got one eye on him already.

IMO Mixu will flop at ER.

He would be a natural successor, indeed. Everything I've heard about him has been v good.. and he kept a lot of players for next season despite them being offered bigger money by the likes of East Fife. Must have something going for him..

Was a good player, O'Neill. Stood out like a sore thumb in that team of 22 fame....!

Drylaw Hearts
He would be a natural successor, indeed. Everything I've heard about him has been v good.. and he kept a lot of players for next season despite them being offered bigger money by the likes of East Fife. Must have something going for him..

Was a good player, O'Neill. Stood out like a sore thumb in that team of 22 fame....!

He was a good player.

IIRC he chose Hibs over us at the time.

My best memory of him was being sent of at Tynecastle for fouling Alan Johnson.

I remember AJ sitting on his arse laughing and clapping as O'Neil was red carded.

winston churchill
He was a good player.

I remember AJ sitting on his arse laughing and clapping as O'Neil was red carded.

mines was when he ended up in N2

Winston Ingram
He was a good player.

On a stag trip to Belfast a few years back, a few of us went to see Linfield v Glentoran.

Still remember the bemused look on O'Neill's face as he came over to take a corner, only to be met with "**** off, ya Hibs **** O'Neill" etc etc !! ;)

CornhillHearts

Lovely guy MO'N met him after they beat Linfield 3-2 and he scored a cracker, he was living at west end at time, could not believe i was a Hearts man whom liked Linfield.

Archived