Bill Leckie

AHS51

Personally, I’d censure any links from The S*n, never mind having a go at people who take a coin from them.

The subject matter is even lower down the totem pole !

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Pans Jambo

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I doubt that would be quite the phrasing used. 

No. It would get the message across though.

avhudtheteeshirt

Following on from Leckie, today's paper gives the usual 3/4 pages each to the uglies, followed by a page to Aberdeen and Hibs.

St Johnstone get 3/4 of a column and Hearts get 6 lines at the bottom of the column?

We must be doing well to get that much coverage!!!! 

5 hours ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Following on from Leckie, today's paper gives the usual 3/4 pages each to the uglies, followed by a page to Aberdeen and Hibs.

St Johnstone get 3/4 of a column and Hearts get 6 lines at the bottom of the column?

We must be doing well to get that much coverage!!!! 

Weedgie press has never changed then? I hope you read this in a discarded paper on a train or bus? 😀

As for the Thumb - is what he did that far removed for what Craig Thomson lost his career to?

Bill Leckie - that advert looking for a burd being brought up again - says it all about him. Priceless.

3 hours ago, Big Drew said:

As for the Thumb - is what he did that far removed for what Craig Thomson lost his career to?

Apart from not being charged or convicted?

14 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Happens in every sport. “Sledging” I think it’s called.

personally I think it shows hearts fans in a good light !

In many jobs what he did would be a career ended.

Football has no morals .

It certainly doesn't....

So to sum up here. Leckie is a ****. Griffiths is a ****. And we’re divided half in half on whether the abuse was appropriate or not.

Fine. Good. Let’s move on to something a bit more important than shouting abuse at a football match

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

So to sum up here. Leckie is a ****. Griffiths is a ****. And we’re divided half in half on whether the abuse was appropriate or not.

Fine. Good. Let’s move on to something a bit more important than shouting abuse at a football match

Any suggestions for a topic?

On 26/10/2021 at 09:03, Mikey1874 said:

A good response would be a better song next time about him being a racist. 

He didn't look very enthusiastic about holding the Give Racism a Red Card on Saturday. Which is understandable. 

It was the ripping it off his top scrunching it up and throwing it on the ground I thought quite ironic

10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

So the lesson from that is use emojis to ask for underagers nudes and you’ll be fine 😑 , its quite unreal he has committed the crimes he has and never been charged. The police case over the flare is just going to drag along then suddenly disappear too I would guess. “We couldnt find an expert who could work out if you kicked a football as he did the flare if it would go into the stands therefore we accept Mr Griffiths defence he only meant to knock it off the pitch”

Edited by sadj

3 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Any suggestions for a topic?

Plenty to chose from in the terrace and the shed. I’m sure you could even find one you could make a worthwhile contribution to

14 hours ago, Big Drew said:

Weedgie press has never changed then? I hope you read this in a discarded paper on a train or bus? 😀

Bill Leckie - that advert looking for a burd being brought up again - says it all about him. Priceless.

Craig Thomson was found guilty in court was he not?

1 hour ago, sadj said:

So the lesson from that is use emojis to ask for underagers nudes and you’ll be fine 😑 , its quite unreal he has committed the crimes he has and never been charged. The police case over the flare is just going to drag along then suddenly disappear too I would guess. “We couldnt find an expert who could work out if you kicked a football as he did the flare if it would go into the stands therefore we accept Mr Griffiths defence he only meant to knock it off the pitch”

If you think the law is wrong then campaigning for it to be changed would be a far nobler, and likely more productive, pursuit than raging about it and shouting abuse. I’ve no idea what all the evidence was in both cases that led the police/fiscal to believe one had a higher prospect of conviction than the other. Given recent cases I would think the evidential hurdle is likely to be less now than it was 15 years ago though. 

Regardless, I won’t be inviting Leigh round to dinner any time soon. 😎

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Plenty to chose from in the terrace and the shed. I’m sure you could even find one you could make a worthwhile contribution to

Irony alert there Jimmy. 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

If you think the law is wrong then campaigning for it to be changed would be a far nobler, and likely more productive, pursuit than raging about it and shouting abuse. I’ve no idea what all the evidence was in both cases that led the police/fiscal to believe one had a higher prospect of conviction than the other. Given recent cases I would think the evidential hurdle is likely to be less now than it was 15 years ago though. 

Regardless, I won’t be inviting Leigh round to dinner any time soon. 😎

I said days ago i wouldn’t be shouting it at him , however I fully understand those that did. Be that for the right reasons or wrong. 

Whatever the details of Thomsons case to me are irrelevant to what Leigh has done , if you have seen the messages that are publicly available in regards to Leigh’s latest incident then you may understand some peoples vitriol toward him. As I said on his thread I am not comfortable posting them but what is being asked for is quite clear. You could go a step further and say from context perhaps he was willing to pay for them.  However in the same way , the way he used the emojis would leave enough doubt that you would not get a conviction in my opinion. I might be wrong with that though , I am not a legal eagle. The fact he was accused of it previously and deleted his account will lend credence to his guilt with other humans but again will be irrelevant in law.

Was he charged over the racist singing? That would today be a banged to rights case would it not.

We see a lot of people in the public eye who have made comments or posted things in the past now being called out and either police investigate or they are forced to apologise (There was a suspension of one by the English Cricket board).

There has been none of that with Leigh and that again will irk people as if it was you or I there could well be a witch-hunt (for want of a better term). People see that and think there is then one rule for us , one for someone involved with the OF. 

Given all that it is hardly surprising some choose to make comments or chose to throw insults at him. Thats before you take into account the lassie was a reported to be member of the Hearts family (a player at at age level i think) 

People or certain posters who say “think of the children” i’d personally rather tell my

kids as although unlikely I would not want someone like him to be a role model for them and for them to be aware that people with his profile can be as dangerous as anyone else. Thats a decision that is the parents to make and those who decided against it could easily say that wasnt what they were shouting or say it doesnt matter. That argument against it is flimsy at best. The argument about his mental heath really ****ed me off due to my work and my own issues. You are a ***** because you are a ***** not because of mental health. As others have said and I can agree with , people who have been a victim of that sort of cretin don’t on the whole have a problem with it. Theres no PTSD for them because someone gets called a nonce , paedo or a sex offender. At least in the experience of those who spoke out on here , myself and those I know who were at Tynie on Saturday. 

Not sure you should be too worried if Leigh wants to come to yours for dinner though Dave , hes not a Gerontophile 😉😝

Edited by sadj

3 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Craig Thomson was found guilty in court was he not?

That may solely be down to the emojis used by Griffiths. Thomson would have stated what he was asking for (if i remember the case correctly) using words.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/13941955.amp

Whereas Leigh used Emoji’s hence my response to Dave due to the dubiety that causes. Stop having an opinion where you shift the goalposts 47 times to suit your self righteous condemnation of Hearts fans. Similarly stop defending a ***** for being a *****. Right or wrong it is understandable why some choose to direct vitriol toward him on here , other social media platforms and why some would do it in a football ground. In particular at Tynecastle where there is a string of things he has done and more than one has related to Hearts where he has got away with things others may not. 

If you were Leigh and there was the two similar incidents one of which has very public postings of the conversation and you said hi to people. Many would respond with “**** off away from me ya nonce” its not difficult to comprehend that. Would the police get involved? Im sure you would ask them but where that would go who knows.   

Edited by sadj

15 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Yep, that's right Dave. No smoke without fire though on this latest episode and frequent misdemeanours have been attributed to the Thumb over the years. There was a concerted effort to nail Duncan Ferguson, but the Thumb seems to continually get away with it every time he steps out of line. The fact he was admonished for his racist chants was the start of the 'soft' treatment that has maybe made him think he can get away with lots of things which are inappropriate.

4 minutes ago, Big Drew said:

Yep, that's right Dave. No smoke without fire though on this latest episode and frequent misdemeanours have been attributed to the Thumb over the years. There was a concerted effort to nail Duncan Ferguson, but the Thumb seems to continually get away with it every time he steps out of line. The fact he was admonished for his racist chants was the start of the 'soft' treatment that has maybe made him think he can get away with lots of things which are inappropriate.

Regardless, he does seem to be a particularly unsavoury character. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Disco Dave said:

I don’t read the Sun…… can anyone tell me if he has written a scathing article about the Green Brigade today?

I wouldn't worry too much about what the Sun thinks of anything...

image.png.2c9ce4dc27414e5afbfe2c20d1d99a03.png

1 hour ago, Disco Dave said:

I don’t read the Sun…… can anyone tell me if he has written a scathing article about the Green Brigade today?

No doubt he was too busy trying to come across as some sort of serious journalist, absolute horrible little no mark.

part_time_jambo
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

I wouldn't worry too much about what the Sun thinks of anything...

image.png.2c9ce4dc27414e5afbfe2c20d1d99a03.png

How can Gordon and Hart both have the same rating when Hart didn’t have any saves to make?

SectionDJambo

To be fair to Leckie, he did give a resounding condemnation of the Green Brigade after their Remembrance match nonsense.

Not many in the Scottish media have done the same.