• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Pans Jambo

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Its not just this summer though , thats merely the tip of the iceberg

Yet he’s been neither charged or convicted of anything to do with under age stuff as yet.

To be honest, the portrayal of football fans shouting abuse as high moral guardians is pretty laughable. Football fans pick on anything to get at opposition players. Football seems to be the last of the gladiatorial style team sports left ( I imagine boxing and Wrestling has similar vitriol from the side ) with the crowd baying for the lynching and virtual blood of the participants. 

I should write for the Sun. A lot of it is true though. 😄

When Craig Thomson did something similar we as a club acted as our sponsors weren't happy at his actions

Here we have Leckie and Cummings defending similar actions by highlighting fans calling it out. I'm amazed he's in a job with his track record. The more the media defends these actions the less likely we are to eradicate it. Such behaviours need called out. 

Griffiths is "the yobbo fan". He's shown it countless times. He's readily admitted to "hating" Hearts, and he's been caught singing abusive songs about Hearts players and more. When he takes the field in opposing clours against us, (particularly for a club that had a huge impact on our own club's well being last season), he knows he's likely to cop some abuse. Our players have suffered it in the past. Skacel at Easter Rd is an example. Naismith at Parkhead. This shouldn't even be a story.....!

ps........a decent player with an empty head........!

1 minute ago, jambo19 said:

When Craig Thomson did something similar we as a club acted as our sponsors weren't happy at his actions

Here we have Leckie and Cummings defending similar actions by highlighting fans calling it out. I'm amazed he's in a job with his track record. The more the media defends these actions the less likely we are to eradicate it. Such behaviours need called out. 

Thomson was found guilty in a court of law. 

18 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

As a bare minimum thumb should get dogs abuse for being a vermin tramp.

This!

Pasquale for King

Poor Leigh abused by those nasty Hearts fans, can’t wait until he plays at Ibrox, or will his suspension for kicking a lit flare into a stand of people kick in right around then 🤔?

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yet he’s been neither charged or convicted of anything to do with under age stuff as yet.

To be honest, the portrayal of football fans shouting abuse as high moral guardians is pretty laughable. Football fans pick on anything to get at opposition players. Football seems to be the last of the gladiatorial style team sports left ( I imagine boxing and Wrestling has similar vitriol from the side ) with the crowd baying for the lynching and virtual blood of the participants. 

18 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

Dave , I assume you have kids. If youd seen the messages he sent to the lassie what you have done if that was your kid. No one is saying football fans are not tribal , they wont have a pop at someone if they can but there are different levels. What LG is alleged to have done in 2012 before he deleted his account , what he DID do this year but wont be charged with because of the ambiguity surrounding what the emojis actually meant , the racism of Rudi (again proved - was police action taken) the kicking of the flare into St Johnstone fans (ih im sorry i kick things for a living but I didn’t realise i could kick it so far) 

Fans are tribal , the lassie is part of the Hearts family , its bound to raise emotions more when you add in everything. 

When you then allow someone like JiH to mouth off as if they are a moral high ground when they dont (seen in their posts) understand the mental health , the victim , the family of someones whos been targetted considerations without actually even being able to answer responses or separate out why people take umbrage with them you are going to get some very emotive responses. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

A bad tattoo?

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What is it?

Rudi?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

A bad tattoo?

I was going to say it’s maybe his kid or bird but I might get reported to someone, somewhere. 
Looks like someone of African heritage with white stuff on its face, or I could just be imaging stuff for at least the third time today. 

25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Dave , all those who were abused as kids that will never see their abuser jailed or never see any justice are they wrong to call it out because the person has been protected and it hasn’t gone that far? Look historically , look at those who suffered under Celtic Boys club , are they wrong to make a noise because it keeps being swept under a carpet.

There is no hiding what Griffiths did in the summer. Sadly for the person involved he was able to escape anything because it was camera emojis and not actual words. Is that fair? Should people just turn a blind eye to it. Griffiths should have been treated by Celtic as Everton treated Siggurdson and instead they punted him so they don’g have to deal with the aftermath. 

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think ice hockey fans, or US fans of any sport are still treading a fine line. Fans have been thrown out of basketball and even golf tournaments for over the top abuse recently. 

28 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Correct however my point is we are meant to believe that Griffiths has not done anything wrong and is being victimised by big bad hearts?

All I'm saying is he has a track record of incidents with no pressure from club, media or sponsors to sort it out. If anything they're defending him. 

Are we really wanting to turn a blind eye and sit in silence? I agree with your point and football fans are tribal, latching on to what they can however in the case of Griffiths its pretty clear its people calling out his racist and indecent actions. 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Dave , I assume you have kids. If youd seen the messages he sent to the lassie what you have done if that was your kid. No one is saying football fans are not tribal , they wont have a pop at someone if they can but there are different levels. What LG is alleged to have done in 2012 before he deleted his account , what he DID do this year but wont be charged with because of the ambiguity surrounding what the emojis actually meant , the racism of Rudi (again proved - was police action taken) the kicking of the flare into St Johnstone fans (ih im sorry i kick things for a living but I didn’t realise i could kick it so far) 

Fans are tribal , the lassie is part of the Hearts family , its bound to raise emotions more when you add in everything. 

When you then allow someone like JiH to mouth off as if they are a moral high ground when they dont (seen in their posts) understand the mental health , the victim , the family of someones whos been targetted considerations without actually even being able to answer responses or separate out why people take umbrage with them you are going to get some very emotive responses. 

I’m not defending anything he’s done, or alleged to have done, as he appears to be a particularly unsavoury person.

However, we do have rules around defamatory comments to protect both the forum and individual members. Folk can effectively shout what they want in the stadium but they can’t on here. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, sadj said:

Santa Claus , Michael Myers? 

Its likely to give his kids nightmares whatever it is. 
You know more about tattoos than me, not sure if I should get a mid life crisis first one soon 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hahahahaha maybe not, more likely to be Albert Kidd. 

Wouldn't be surprised, bud.

I'll bet there's a few who have such a tattoo.

Pasquale for King
Just now, martoon said:

Wouldn't be surprised, bud.

I'll bet there's a few who have such a tattoo.

Guaranteed, if I could a find a tattooist that could spell Kjell Olofsson I would have one by now 😱😜.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Guaranteed, if I could a find a tattooist that could spell Kjell Olofsson I would have one by now 😱😜.

😄

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Its likely to give his kids nightmares whatever it is. 
You know more about tattoos than me, not sure if I should get a mid life crisis first one soon 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

If you have that itch the only thing id suggest as a first is get one that means something to you ad somewhere you can cover it until you see how you feel. 

He has a tattoo on his quad of two of his kids doesnt he? Vaguely remember it is not a good tattoo either

Wonder if Leckie would be happy if he texted his daughter ? Or also sang in a pub racist songs about someone he knows ? Or happy to condone theft ? Or would he be ok if a flare was kicked into the face of one of his family’s faces ?

he is a dinosaur and can’t believe he’s still actually employed. Paid to write absolute bollocks. Beggars belief

Edited by 1971fozzy

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Dave , all those who were abused as kids that will never see their abuser jailed or never see any justice are they wrong to call it out because the person has been protected and it hasn’t gone that far? Look historically , look at those who suffered under Celtic Boys club , are they wrong to make a noise because it keeps being swept under a carpet.

There is no hiding what Griffiths did in the summer. Sadly for the person involved he was able to escape anything because it was camera emojis and not actual words. Is that fair? Should people just turn a blind eye to it. Griffiths should have been treated by Celtic as Everton treated Siggurdson and instead they punted him so they don’g have to deal with the aftermath. 

The alternative to the rule of law is effectively anarchy and home spun justice. The law isn’t perfect but it’s how civilised societies deal with alleged crimes.

Personally, as I mentioned previously, most fans bait footballers to try and put them off from playing not through any great moral compass around the issue. They would be better supporting campaigns around legal reform or victim support but that’s not really what they are interested in. It just trivialises the subject imo.  

jamboinglasgow

I do think that there can be too much abuse towards a player, particularly one appears to have had issues with mental health. 

But I also find it a bit rich that considering the amount of abuse he has received at other grounds (particularly from St Johnstone  fans that made him kick a flare into the stand (which was wrong) that we are the ones singled out by Bill Leckie.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

If you have that itch the only thing id suggest as a first is get one that means something to you ad somewhere you can cover it until you see how you feel. 

He has a tattoo on his quad of two of his kids doesnt he? Vaguely remember it is not a good tattoo either

That does ring a bell. 
Ive designed a few Hearts related ones, in different languages relating to our cup wins etc. 
Once you start it seems to be addictive. 
It won’t be poor Leigh though 😆

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m not defending anything he’s done, or alleged to have done, as he appears to be a particularly unsavoury person.

However, we do have rules around defamatory comments to protect both the forum and individual members. Folk can effectively shout what they want in the stadium but they can’t on here. 

I think most have been very careful in what they have posted. For instance I haven’t mentioned the lassies name nor posted the pictures of his tweets which are readily available as they contain pics I consider distasteful due to her age. No one is saying you are defending him. Some are on here though with their faux outrage whilst people who have been through it rightly have string opinions. As i say that may be a thread for the shed. People jumping in acting like they have a mora highground on a subject they dont know about and then hiding when people question them is just peak Jkb posting. Its a also a subject that can be discussed without going to certain levels and i think most have. Sadly with how jkb is those who are clueless but who like to try and be a certain type of online poster - the kind that would get leathered in the pub can do so without repercussions.  Thats just the nature of online forums

Pasquale for King
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Jesus Christ 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Not good one crosses, like our messiah who wears number 1 currently. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The alternative to the rule of law is effectively anarchy and home spun justice. The law isn’t perfect but it’s how civilised societies deal with alleged crimes.

Personally, as I mentioned previously, most fans bait footballers to try and put them off from playing not through any great moral compass around the issue. They would be better supporting campaigns around legal reform or victim support but that’s not really what they are interested in. It just trivialises the subject imo.  

Of course it is and no one is saying lets get a lynch mob. Of course there is always going to be those that pick something just to wind a player up but on a subject like that it will have a few who abhorr the behaviour and who will therefore comment. Saying don’t abuse him won’t happen. As I said above the environment he works in his club have a responsibility to him too

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That does ring a bell. 
Ive designed a few Hearts related ones, in different languages relating to our cup wins etc. 
Once you start it seems to be addictive. 
It won’t be poor Leigh though 😆

Get one of him on yer ass!!! Lifesize 🤣 

Pasquale for King

He would probably be chuffed to know that we are all discussing him and arguing about it before and well

after the game, considering how little effect he had on proceedings yesterday. 

31 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

A bad tattoo?

Looks like him? Tattooed self portrait, christ him and Cummings have awful tattoos?

I stopped buying the Sun years ago due to the piss poor standard of Scottish sports journalism.  Nothing has changed I see.  

8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I do think that there can be too much abuse towards a player, particularly one appears to have had issues with mental health. 

But I also find it a bit rich that considering the amount of abuse he has received at other grounds (particularly from St Johnstone  fans that made him kick a flare into the stand (which was wrong) that we are the ones singled out by Bill Leckie.

Bitter, like so many, after their team's self inflicted liquidation. That's where every attack has its origins. Bring other clubs down cos theirs suffered the ultimate in failures. #55

Edited by Riccarton3

Brass neck for a guy who works for the Sun. A newspaper that loves nothing more than a public pile-on and whipping up public outrage and abuse against individuals guilty of a lot less than Leigh Griffiths (see; Meghan Markle, Alistair Campbell, and sadly Caroline Flack). 

There are the above examples and hundreds more. No doubt there would be some great examples in today's issue where they've gone in on multiple people deserving or not with no regard for their mental health. I wouldn't wipe my arse with that rag or click one of their links, so won't be able to confirm.

It's not limited to the main publication either, one poster rightly pointed out the campaign against Miko after he had the audacity to dive in a game which Scotland won anyway. A young lad in a foreign country where the entire Scottish media battered into him for an extended period, but not as deserving of mental health consideration as a creep texting wains for nudes?

Bill Leckie is an irrelevant spec working for a vile publication that feeds on human misery which turns public ire on often undeserving victims with zero regard for their mental health. In summary, **** Bill Leckie and **** the Sun.

Under the floodlight
2 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Brass neck for a guy who works for the Sun. A newspaper that loves nothing more than a public pile-on and whipping up public outrage and abuse against individuals guilty of a lot less than Leigh Griffiths (see; Meghan Markle, Alistair Campbell, and sadly Caroline Flack). 

There are the above examples and hundreds more. No doubt there would be some great examples in today's issue where they've gone in on multiple people deserving or not with no regard for their mental health. I wouldn't wipe my arse with that rag or click one of their links, so won't be able to confirm.

It's not limited to the main publication either, one poster rightly pointed out the campaign against Miko after he had the audacity to dive in a game which Scotland won anyway. A young lad in a foreign country where the entire Scottish media battered into him for an extended period, but not as deserving of mental health consideration as a creep texting wains for nudes?

Bill Leckie is an irrelevant spec working for a vile publication that feeds on human misery which turns public ire on often undeserving victims with zero regard for their mental health. In summary, **** Bill Leckie and **** the Sun.

Maybe Bill Leckie should take a look at the Sun's archives and read  some of his own colleagues Leigh Griffiiths stories. 

I used to like reading Leckie's columns before he went to the sun. He used to call out, mildly, the of for sectarian abuse but then he sold his soul to the scum and follows his orders perfectly. Never criticise them but have a go at easy targets and, usually, we are that target. Would never click on a link to that rag so I accept I'm only going by what posters have said on here. 

SectionDJambo

Personally, I didn't take part in the verbals that Griffiths got on Saturday. However, any Scottish footballer who conducts himself, as he frequently does, is going to get abuse from the partisan spectators who attend matches. He has happily been the circus clown for Hearts fans for years, so he is always going to get a rough reception at Tynecastle. He has always seemed to enjoy it since it strengthens his adulation amongst Hibs fans.

For any Scottish "journalist" to take the high moral ground on behalf of Griffiths is just hypocrisy. The Scottish media were all over the allegations against him during the summer, suggesting that Celtic may sack him rather than support him. Their coverage was heavily slanted towards him being guilty as accused. This particular employee of that bastion of truth, The Sun newspaper, has only given further coverage to the allegations that were made against Griffiths. Not that I think that will bother that individual, since his motivation is more likely to have been spouting more negative tittle tattle on Hearts, rather than his indignation of any unfair treatment by Hearts fans towards Griffiths.

If Griffiths wants to be more respected by fans of rival clubs, he could maybe think about acting like a responsible adult, rather than in the manner that has caused him to attract the wrong kind of attention.

As for this employee of "The Sun", maybe he could give us an explanation of why he has such an agenda against Hearts. He clearly hates our club, given his past critisism of our club and fans. Maybe we're just an easy target, since he seems to be too intimidated by fear to highlight the poison of sectarianism that prevails at the two big Glasgow clubs.

16 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

The one that sticks in my mind is Jade Goody. They used to slaughter the poor girl on an almost daily basis. Then as soon as she was diagnosed with cervical cancer, they started all the “what a wonderful and brave girl” stuff.

Absolutely filthy, disgusting rag of a paper.

Edited by iantjambo