Vegan and gender neutral boots

EH11_2NL

Gender neutral? 

They're ****ing boots!  What exactly makes them gender neutral that is different to literally any other boot?

I've played football with people of all ages and genders, and the women have just had the same boots as me, just in different sizes. 

That is 100% a PR Tag slapped on it because they know it will fly. 

August Landmesser

who is getting angry about this, and why?

no-one's forcing you to buy them, and if you can make a pair of shoes without having to kill anything, then what's the harm?

agree that £200 is excessive, but again, buying them is not compulsory!

I also had to re-read the last word in the title. 

That would have been a wild ride for the Shed :lol:

Just now, August Landmesser said:

no-one's forcing you to buy them, and if you can make a pair of shoes without having to kill anything, then what's the harm?

It's not anger, just bewilderment. 

I don't think any boots that I've owned, apart from a brilliant pair of Copa Mundials, have actually ever been held near a piece of leather, let alone being made from it.  This is not a new development, but they didn't make any sort of song and dance about it in the past.

This stupid word salad bingo that companies are desperate to sell you, for products that it doesn't really need them, is getting out of control and it starts to have the opposite message that they intend. 

part_time_jambo
18 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Gender neutral? 

They're ****ing boots!  What exactly makes them gender neutral that is different to literally any other boot?

I've played football with people of all ages and genders, and the women have just had the same boots as me, just in different sizes. 

That is 100% a PR Tag slapped on it because they know it will fly. 

No high heels?

It's a pair of "exclusive" boots.  These things always cost a fortune regardless of what they are made from. It's just a bit marketing, and lo and behold, people are talking about it. As said before, no one is being forced to buy or wear them.

23 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Then they will just have to waste the hyde of animal which has been killed for meat.

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Have boots even been made of leather since the 80s? 

Ye'd break yer fit , kickin pre 2000 baws wi the day's fitba bits.

This obsession with gender is really grinding me down. Serious issues basically being swept aside/ignored for this 'gender is a social construct' middleclass overeducated bollocks. 

Anyway, I can actually see why vegan football boots might have a market. Many top athletes in various sports have went vegan - in MMA the Diaz brothers for example, apparently its great for recovery time etc. I wouldn't know though because I have a KFC coming :P 

Салатные палочки

I don't see the issue with this to be honest. It clearly says they're a collectors edition so explains the price. 

You can still get Copa Mundials in Sports Direct so the world's not gone completely bonkers. 

Edited by Salad Fingers

Bazzas right boot

No issue for me, I sure why folk would get angry about it Tbh. 

I'm more concerned what will happen to the left over cows hide and leather after they are cut up for steaks and burgers. 

Seems a waste of a deed cow. 

The gender neutral stuff is a bit tiresome, although it doesn't get me angry. 

I thought I paid over the odds £51 for my pair of Puma Superkings in 1981. Then again they did last me 17yrs. I did go through a lot of aluminium studs.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I'm pretty much starting to hate every single modern day 'cause'.

iirc, you pretty much hated all the olden day causes too.  :wink:

50 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Do these vegan/gender neutral boots give you a smaller carbon footprint? Size 9 becomes a 7. 

😂. The main thing with PLC’s is they don’t give a shiny shite about anything but money. If there was trend to produce the football boot that most damaged the environment and they could flog them for 200 quid a go they’d be right on it. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Kids should be up at a stupid hour on a Sunday morning, putting Dubbin on the boots & getting that satisfactory smell & gleaming finish. 

Not waxing boots like a surfboard, in multi-coloured-type hair gel.

I yearn for my Diadora "Jean-Pierre Papin" edition, black boots. :wub:

A simpler time.

Adidas samba lasted years. 

2 hours ago, part_time_jambo said:

£211 for a pair of football boots! 

Stella McCartney FFS. If ever there was a a talentless no-mark trading on the name of a famous parent it's her.

I feel sorry for Paul.

And for the record.

All shoes that are not pink are gender neutral shoes.

Vegans can eat about 80% of football boots and not feel guilty. 

Under the floodlight
24 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

😂. The main thing with PLC’s is they don’t give a shiny shite about anything but money. If there was trend to produce the football boot that most damaged the environment and they could flog them for 200 quid a go they’d be right on it. 

Iirc a friend of mine had a pair of boots with a round revolving circle of studs to allow for a better turn, injured himself first wear, never wore them again. Can't recall the name of them. 

Maroon tinted glasses 2

And how could these vegan them/they boots be paid for.......bank notes containing tallow, plastic credit cards, mobile phones? How would the wearer's travel to their footy games....in environmental destroying cars traveling on tyres made with stearic acids!!! They are footy boots FFS, give your heads a wobble and just brands them as such.

It's just like saying Hibs are the modern day Brazil!

Needs to wash that crap out his hair imagine playing for United with Blue in your hair 😂😂 

won’t be long until someone like “big Porto” from lochend will be wearing these at the giro .

5 hours ago, sassenach said:

The article actually says Stella McCarthy, not McCartney, but when I try a Google search it reverts to McCartney.  So I'm not sure whether this is actually the ex-Beatle's daughter, although I suppose the article could have spelt it wrong.

I have no particular opinion on the boots.  Modern boots, from what I can tell, are all like carpet slippers, and none of them are as good as the leather boots with moulded studs I had from Woolies as a kid.  And they were leather.  And black, as all boots should be.

No fae Woollie, they wurnae .

Kalamazoo Jambo
5 hours ago, sassenach said:

The article actually says Stella McCarthy, not McCartney, but when I try a Google search it reverts to McCartney.  So I'm not sure whether this is actually the ex-Beatle's daughter, although I suppose the article could have spelt it wrong.

I have no particular opinion on the boots.  Modern boots, from what I can tell, are all like carpet slippers, and none of them are as good as the leather boots with moulded studs I had from Woolies as a kid.  And they were leather.  And black, as all boots should be.

It’s McCartney. The article got it wrong twice and right once (as part of a quote).

I have even less of an opinion about boots than you.

I am going to have to store the female boots in a different cupboard from the male ones.  The racket they make during the night disturbs my sleep and recently I was shocked to discover lots of kids' boots right at back.