***Official Rangers vs Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

William H. Bonney

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Away

You go away, has to make the save if we are to win this game. Sorry if people can’t see that, it’s 30 yards out side foot shot ffs. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• CloustonHMFC

Our press has been half-hearted at best and embarrassing at worst. But we’ve been here before.

The last 3 games against Celtic we’ve had an awful 1st half and came out the 2nd half a different team. Let’s hope for the same again. 

1 minute ago, King prawn said:

You’ve noticed you’re losing against Dundee United right ? 

Your a welt , I have been a Jambo for 50 years . Mackay has offered nothing 

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

they have dragged us out of our shape and been able to play through us.

We've tried to press them but their players composure, accuracy with passing and touch is too good. I think we needed to go 4-3-3 and match them in midfield to compete effectively. 

Bring on Haring for Cochrane and Gino for Woodburn.

Gordon

Smith

Souttar

Halkett

Kingsley

Devlin

Haring

Beningime

Ginnelly

Boyce

McKay

****ing go for it.

Pasquale for King
Just now, pobster22 said:

Aribo..

Does anyone else think that could have been red?

Yes indeed, late with studs showing. 

Just now, pobster22 said:

Aribo..

Yup I thought so too, the other way around it probably would've been 😆

1 minute ago, pobster22 said:

Aribo..

i think if that was one of our players it would have been red

Gordon Ramsay

Everyone knows Rangers are better than us ****ing hell 😂😂

What I don't expect is us to rock up like a team in League 2 and get absolutely fisted for 45 mins.

At least do something, anything. 

Aribo..

That is what I thought when I saw the replay. 

We were rotten, absolutely rotten, taking too many touches, defenders all off their game, the pocket behind Boyce is all rangers to do what they want.  Terrible 

3 minutes ago, jambogirlglasgow said:

Nonsense- just been outplayed by a far superior team. 

Whatever way you look at these stats it's embarrassing imo .

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Have you been watching the game?

We’ve tried to play football and attack but Rangers are all over us like a rash.

what would you have us do?

Be better at keeping possession for starters. It's not PSG we are playing here. Our inability to keep possession at Parkhead and in the first half here is way below the standard required. The movement in midfield and from the front three needs to be better.

Rangers playing well and we’re struggling to cope.

Woodburn, Beni and Souttar playing poorly. Would potentially bring on Haring and Gnando and change to a 3-5-2 or take Woodburn off and bring Ginnelly on.

They have nothing to lose now.

Aribo..

Yep he went in high and over the top. Should have been a red. 

Rangers playing very well, this is the sort of game when we find out how good our players really are. They are dominaing in midfield but we are too slow to pressure them.

1 minute ago, Lonewolflins said:

Nah - you’re Hibs. You haven’t once posted anything positive on this forum. Just here to try and get some bites - :fth: 

4 minutes ago, Gordon Zola said:

formation too defensively minded, basically 7 defenders. struggle to get up the park. need more ambition and courage in our set up

Agree.  And sadly we lack the pace, energy and first time passing that they command.  Beni is far too lethargic and I can see another card coming for Devlin.

Pity Craig was beaten from outside the box but I think he was blinded by Halkett.

Can't see us getting back into this game; they will be up for it now and pressing us hard.

8 minutes ago, Lonewolflins said:

Take Mackay off , offered zero

Eh, You watching the game. We have offered nothing to suggest we want to go forward with intent . Boyce has done as much as Mackay in the final third , cant blame them if we decided to sit behind the ball, as per the norm 

I can’t believe this Rangers side is so much better that we can’t possibly get near them?

Everyone in that changing room needs to wake the **** up and get a bit attitude about them. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

You happy with zero shots on goal? 

Hearts have been told not to shoot at goal?

I’ve seen a  Rangers team better than us all over the pitch.

I’ve seen a Hearts team trying to play the way that has been successful so far but being pressed of doing so by a better team

than us.

You, more than most people on here, will know how good Rangers can be when they are on form.

Rangers are on it today. 

Shit happens

3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Boyce barged over at 26/27th minute.    Result: no penalty.   Typical referee ☺.   Apart from that the bookings have been fairish.    Hard game now to earn a point from losing the first goal. 

Been  good work rate so far and quick passing.    Decent effort. 

Never a penalty. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

We've tried to press them but their players composure, accuracy with passing and touch is too good. I think we needed to go 4-3-3 and match them in midfield to compete effectively. 

i would probably go 3-5-2. i agree we need another centre midfielder on to help devlin and beni

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Lonewolflins said:

Because he’s told him to play near Boyce instead of staying wide as an out ball. We get the ball and Woodburn/McKay are both in the middle. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Hibs looked absolutely comfortable vs Rangers there just a few weeks ago until they got a player sent off... 

Rangers didn’t play as well as they have today.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

We're still a good team, with good players. It's just they're a better team (won the title) with better players (i.e. they have more money).

This was always going to be difficult. Although sometimes we do make it difficult for ourselves, better players generally get better results.

Exactly. Folk forget we were in the Championship last season. It took Rangers years to compete with Celtic after promotion. 

Just now, Zen Jambo said:

That is what I thought when I saw the replay. 

2 minutes ago, pobster22 said:

Aribo..

Yes and also VAR gives Hearts a pen for the challenge on Boyce too, rangers defender didn't even look for the balll and his arm was out

14 minutes ago, Vic Vespa said:

33 mins in and thank fekk my paid for IPTV service has decided to start working so it's off with the Rangers TV on hes goals and on with HeartsTV.

Rangers commentary was awful, apologoes to the Hearts support was cursing them on hesgoals for being quiet but as soon as HeartsTV came on I could hear the Hearts song, obviously Rangers TV have no mikes down the away end.

Anyway, playing poor, Rangers better than I thought but the longer it goes, fingers crossed we can nick it.

** Rangers just scored, no surprise, bollox .....

Have them in the Rangers end where you heard the possibly racist comment from some weejie banjo shouting at Aribo

Hoped for change - same old same old crap in Glasgow. Sitting deep is a disaster against them. Well done Robbie. (some actually believed you were going to have a go!)

Corstorphine Jambo

Having to chase everything. I thought Haring may have started. We do look short in the middle and Woodburn and McKay not involved due to the fact we have had very little of the ball

4 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

What I don't expect is us to rock up like a team in League 2 and get absolutely fisted for 45 mins.

This boy gets it.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Souttar does not look comfortable to me.

Moore on for him.

We've forgotten how casual Souttar can be sometimes, he's not quite up to speed but I wouldn't take him off.

The Board should just look at this thread for when we're recruiting a new manager seen as it's full of experts... Deary me lunatics and asylum spring to mind!

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Based on what? We've been utterly dominated for 45 minutes and haven't managed a single shot on target, or off target for that matter. 

Based on the current scoreline.

0 (zero) shots on target.  To much of a gap between Boyce and the midfield.  He doesn't have the pace to get in behind, and is limited physically in regards to holding the ball up.  Too many players choosing to have a bad game.

Not like away to Celtic in the cup of anything, at least we’re pressing further up. But we need to get the forward three involved more than just playing up to them to then pass back. Get the feeling one or two passes being strung together properly we may get a chance. But no getting away from the no shots stat.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

At least do something, anything. 

As league 2 team would have just have punted it from defence every time they get the ball. Arguably we’ve tried to play too much football.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, moonraker said:

Rangers playing very well, this is the sort of game when we find out how good our players really are. They are dominaing in midfield but we are too slow to pressure them.

Spot on. It’s always a good judge and nobody has shown anything so far. 

5 minutes ago, Lonewolflins said:

You’re Hibs.

Admit it, you’ll feel all good about yourself for doing so.  👍

Edited by Morgan