***Official Rangers vs Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

William H. Bonney

Pretty decent first half from Hearts compared to many previous games at Ibrox.

Good to see us attacking in numbers as well as getting everyone behind the ball when required.

Even game with one top quality strike the difference. 

Frustrating refereeing where every tackle is a foul and every foul a booking. Will be amazing if it stays 11 a side.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• King prawn

• CloustonHMFC

Knew this would happen through there.

So many folk over confident.

The stats are embarrassing tbh.

Shat the bed once again.

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

A lot of these ****wits posting on this thread to day are Vermin, guaranteed. 

Rangers are well up for this and playing really well.

Our best to players of late have been totally  anonymous in midfield, you've got to give Rangers immense credit for that 

Agree. Our passing has been awful as Beni and Devlin not getting any space or time. Rangers wide players are defending really well making it hard for us to get space. Need to find a way to get McKay and Woodburn into the game as shelling it up is not working. 

Game has  gone as expected for me. The good thing is we are pressing them. They are obviously have a better squad than us but we must not give up. We will get a chance and we need to take it. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, No Idle Talk said:

Haven't threatened them at all. To unsettle the OF, you have to get them thinking that you can hurt them. We are not doing anything to make them think we are going to hurt them.

Not good enough. 

Have you been watching the game?

We’ve tried to play football and attack but Rangers are all over us like a rash.

what would you have us do?

SomethingAboutObua

Been pulled all over the park all game, fair play to Neilson for trying to get us to press but we've left too much space all game. Rangers will hammer this league but I hope we seriously believe we can go for second now 

julienbrellier

People are overlooking that Rangers should be down to 10 men and we had a perfectly good goal rules out. We’ve been poor but that’s 2 awful decisions gone against us again

1 minute ago, Lonewolflins said:

Bring Gino on now 

You’ve noticed you’re losing against Dundee United right ? 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Doom and gloom everywhere here. Perspective. We're a goal down. That's all. We can still scrape something out of this.

They clearly have a better team than us, but our formation isn't working here. Woodburn Mckay and Boyce aren't seeing the ball, defence are taking any balls forward.  

Have to change something at half time, 0 attempts on goal is poor.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Lonewolflins said:

Take Mackay off , offered zero

In that case we could take about half the team off. Very unfair to single out McKay. 

jambogirlglasgow
1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Shat the bed once again.

Nonsense- just been outplayed by a far superior team. 

Just now, Homme said:

We've come up against a very good Rangers team today. Not been given a single second to try and implement our play and impose ourselves on them.

We've not 'shat the bed' or anything. Credit has to go to the home team so far.

the only thing i would counter you with is there does seem to be points where we are backing off them. i do agree they have just been that much better than us rather than us being poor

Just now, ramrod said:

That's absolute shite , the set up is fine and the usual. 

Beni and Devlin are being outclassed in the midfield so far and that's the problem. 

the problem is it is basically 2 v 3 in the middle and with rangers movement it is making it very difficult to get a foothold

coatbridgejambo
1 minute ago, No Idle Talk said:

Haven't threatened them at all. To unsettle the OF, you have to get them thinking that you can hurt them. We are not doing anything to make them think we are going to hurt them.

Not good enough. 

Just said exactly that to the my old man. 

Put on the pitch full of fear

Captain Sausage

Main takeaways from the first half. 

Rangers are better in every department (save maybe goalkeeper)
They deserve their lead for their general play, but think we have reason to be a bit pissed at two key decisions:

- Should’ve had a pen. 
- Aribo should’ve walked for his lunge on Devlin. 

Tyldsey has clearly given up on any serious commentary gig going forward, he’s absolutely abysmal. But whoever the co-commentator is, they are probably one of the worst I’ve ever come across. Makes me realise how lucky we are to have Laurie and Hearts TV. 

To get back into it, need a moment of luck and no more conceded. Unlikely, but it’s football. I’d like to see Woodbury off and Ginnelly on, maybe GMS for McKay too. 

5 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Pretty decent first half from Hearts compared to many previous games at Ibrox.

Good to see us attacking in numbers as well as getting everyone behind the ball when required.

Even game with one top quality strike the difference. 

Frustrating refereeing where every tackle is a foul and every foul a booking. Will be amazing if it stays 11 a side.

Can you post a link to the game you are watching?😯

Forever Hearts
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Doom and gloom everywhere here. Perspective. We're a goal down. That's all. We can still scrape something out of this.

Based on what? We've been utterly dominated for 45 minutes and haven't managed a single shot on target, or off target for that matter. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Usual negative tactics we only started playing once we went behind. 

Utterly depressing

Complete and utter bullshit

I think we are fortunate only to be down a goal after that first half performance, Rangers look miles better than us so far, it is disheartning to those who thought we might challenge for the title but I think the gap is fully exposed in the first 45 anyway! Let's see if RN can tweak things and at least get us into this match, I am concerned about us going down a man also! 

Boyce barged over at 26/27th minute.    Result: no penalty.   Typical referee ☺.   Apart from that the bookings have been fairish.    Hard game now to earn a point from losing the first goal. 

Been  good work rate so far and quick passing.    Decent effort. 

I’d like to see Haring in the middle but I don’t want us to go to a back 4 - over to you to figure that one out Mr Neilson 

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Shat the bed once again.

Just came in for my T-break and checked the BBC site.

I wondered if they were waiting till half time to update the Hearts statistics?

1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Usual negative tactics we only started playing once we went behind. 

Utterly depressing

Ha Ha they scored in the 40th minute not much time to start playing was there. 

highlandjambo3
7 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Rangers have been much better, just surprised we have held them for so long.  However only one in it so tactical change at half time, subs early in second half to freshen us up and no reason why we will not salvage something from this.  Assuming we do not go two down before the break.

Yes….2 subs on ASAP however……I feel Robbie will do his usual 60 minute sub routine, at that point we’ll be down 2-0…..hope I’m wrong

Giving away possession too easily and being overrun in midfield. Have looked quite dangerous on the break though so gives us some hope. Ginnelly for McKay for me 2nd half. 

The Goalscoring Knee
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Why do we always go to Glasgow and sit in for the start of a game

Don;t think we sat in at all. Getting overrun in midfield and accordingly pushed back. That's not sitting in.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Hey shit.

Rangers have a better team than us.

Well I’ll be dammed.

You happy with zero shots on goal? 

Rangers out to prove a point.

Hearts are unbeaten. Flying high by our standards.

Threatening a challenge.

So rangers are out to show who is the superior team and show that we are not a threat.

So far they're making the point well.