• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Agentjambo

• A.JAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Churchill Barrier
On 16/12/2021 at 16:49, PapaShango said:

He did show some signs of improvement before injuries. Got to feel for the lad, ability aside he never shirked a challenge in a Hearts shirt and while playing with some of the biggest chancers I've ever seen in a Hearts jersey he always gave 100%. That shouldn't be forgotten. 

Absolutely,  never hid , not nearly as bad as some are saying.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Jamie Brandon is moving on loan to Morton until the rest of the season 

What? 😮😮

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Jamie Brandon is moving on loan to Morton until the rest of the season 

Another scoop from you mate. Would ask your sources but I get it’s probably top secret. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Another scoop from you mate. Would ask your sources but I get it’s probably top secret. 

it was posted on the hearts transfer thread a few hours before it was on here

Just now, milky_26 said:

it was posted on the hearts transfer thread a few hours before it was on here

Yep. I read it. I was being sarcastic. 

He is as MoM in his last game he played for Hearts - at home to Livy.

Just saying…

So Atkinson, Smith and Moore to cover the RWB/RB position for the rest of the season.

Suspect only one of Brandon and Logan to return next season. Possibly neither

Be interesting to see if hearts put out a team in the lowland league.

Or we finally get league reconstruction with full time clubs then a pyramid system with the rest and b teams incorporated into it  

16 team premiership then a split 

10 championship teams

Then Highland, lowland, west of Scotland split with b teams in it. 

There isnt more than 16 teams in Scotland that could sustain full time playing. 

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Or we finally get league reconstruction with full time clubs then a pyramid system with the rest and b teams incorporated into it  

10 championship teams

Having read Joe Savages comments earlier in the season talking about player development, if there is to be no reserve league then I would not be surprised to see us try and put a B team in the Lowland league (also think, despite the league saying its a one off, that Rangers and Celtic will still have a B team in that league next season.)

37 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Having read Joe Savages comments earlier in the season talking about player development, if there is to be no reserve league then I would not be surprised to see us try and put a B team in the Lowland league (also think, despite the league saying its a one off, that Rangers and Celtic will still have a B team in that league next season.)

It can only be good for player development. All guys playing together in one team with the same tactics as the 1st team. Just equates to a seamless integration to the 1st team. Which benefits both the club and players. Thus attracting more talent as there is a genuine path to 1st team football. 

The White Cockade

Hope the boy gets fit and goes on to have a career in football 

but it will be in the lower divisions not in the Premier league with us

24 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Hope the boy gets fit and goes on to have a career in football 

but it will be in the lower divisions not in the Premier league with us

Disagree, if Jamie gets a run without injiuries, I think he's a top league player.  Do agree not with us, but he's got all he needs to play mid to lower table prem imo.

Opinions though, and may depend how much athleticism he's retained I suppose.

Definitely agree with your first sentence, very best of luck to him.  So unlucky.

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

10 championship teams

Isn’t there currently over 20 full time teams?  And has been for some time?

4 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Isn’t there currently over 20 full time teams?  And has been for some time?

Nope. There is currently only 15 Falkirk went part time. 

All of premier league is full time. 

Only Inverness, killie and thistle are full time. 

Every other club is part time. Good article last year from Strachan of all people here 

https://footballpink.net/strachans-attack-on-scotlands-semi-pro-clubs-symptomatic-of-a-nationwide-dose-of-wee-man-syndrome/

2 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Every other club is part time. Good article last year from Strachan of all people here 

https://footballpink.net/strachans-attack-on-scotlands-semi-pro-clubs-symptomatic-of-a-nationwide-dose-of-wee-man-syndrome/

arent queens park full time now, or at least going full time?

4 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

I'd have thought Hamilton, Raith and Dunfermline were full time aswell?

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I'd have thought Hamilton, Raith and Dunfermline were full time aswell?

I think some Some clubs are part time in general but have a few full time players as well. 

I also think some folk think part time means a couple of hours training 1 random  night a, week and rolling up on the Saturday for a kick about. 

It's not. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think some Some clubs are part time in general but have a few full time players as well. 

I also think some folk think part time means a couple of hours training 1 random  night a, week and rolling up on the Saturday for a kick about. 

It's not. 

I think Arbroath are the only part time club in the championship. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, davemclaren said:

I think Arbroath are the only part time club in the championship. 

Yeah, most have full time players. 

Even abroath guys train 3/4 nights a week with loan players from full time clubs. 

8 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

10 championship teams

Where does the East of Scotland fit into this?

B teams should GTF anyway, have a reserve league for 'B' teams 

Edited by Hesh

Jamie hales from Glasgow so Greenock is not to bad to get to.  Taslad  #2 was at Morton for a bit, took train from Livi via Glasgow and picked up by Peter Houston who was assistant manager at the time.  Travel was time consuming.

3 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Jamie hales from Glasgow so Greenock is not to bad to get to.  Taslad  #2 was at Morton for a bit, took train from Livi via Glasgow and picked up by Peter Houston who was assistant manager at the time.  Travel was time consuming.

Thought he was from Whitburn. 

B teams should have their own separate leagues not be part of the pyramid. I also don't see any benefit of a group of our youngsters playing in non-league football rather than going on loan to SPFL teams and playing alongside older players.

27 minutes ago, Stanley_ said:

B teams should have their own separate leagues not be part of the pyramid. I also don't see any benefit of a group of our youngsters playing in non-league football rather than going on loan to SPFL teams and playing alongside older players.

The befit is they play our system, train at our facilities this creating a seamless transition between the two. Makes total sense. 

46 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

The befit is they play our system, train at our facilities this creating a seamless transition between the two. Makes total sense. 

I don't agree with having B teams in the system and certainly wouldn't want to watch my team play against a B team if I supported a smaller team. The way the Old Firm bought their way into level 5 when there are several divisions below that was a joke as well.

I'd be surprised if we were allowed a team in the league anyway. The Lowland League accepting them was clearly because they were the Old Firm and they want to find a way to get B teams into the SPFL.