Jamie Brandon

Tasavallan

17 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

How long do you wait? Can’t avoid the cliche’ unfortunately, but it’s a cutthroat business and you can’t have too much sentiment.  

Also, I think the environment for

young players needs to be right too. It hasn’t been in the last few years with an inept coaching team. 

A bit of sentiment and supporting our players to recover and find new clubs can be a good thing when trying to attract young talent. The ones with their heads screwed on will know most don't make it at our level and injuries happen. It should give them a bit of assurance about signing for us.

4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I’ve sort of come round to thinking he’s not going to make it with us but I do think bottom half spl or championship could be where he ends up. Can’t see him having to go down as far as league 1 or 2. 

He may even end up making it at our level or at least at a mid-table SPL team if he gets the right chances and experience over the next few years. That experience is only going to come with a step down to a bottom-half SPL or lower league club though, which is where his next step needs to be unfortunately.

2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Ross Callachan paid a heavy price for one blunder. I don't think he played again for us again, instead we played players like Damour in his position, who cost us relegation imo.

That was down to Levein's terrible decision making on players. Callachan was probably our most reliable midfielder even if he wasn't a world  beater and he's been a decent player wherever he has played since.

There was a year between Callachan leaving to go to St Johnstone and us signing Damour. Callachan left after we renewed Naismith's loan. He was kept out initially by Naismith, Adao, Milinkovic and Cowie then Haring, Lee and Naimith were strolling the league when Callachan was let go.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Jambo 4 Ever

• Agentjambo

• A.JAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I notice Marcus Godinho has signed for Vancouver Whitecaps.  Brandon was playing well until injury (again) - hope he gets himself fit and then he can take it from there.  Needs a run of games somewhere to get going anyway.

21 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Possibly one of the best WuM posts on here for a while (& I have biten!!) or stand a side Mr Magoo...

Not sure which tbh 😬 eeekkk...

There speaks the man who obviously doesn’t read many of the JKB posts.

Brandon has had a torrid time with injuries but before his last injury he was playing well. He's been out for so long though that I can't see how he gets up to speed to get a proper chance, even if he's fit to train, he's certainly not going to be ready to play first team games. I think his best bet is a loan to a lower league club in January to get some games under his belt and then he can maybe win himself a move to a decent team next summer. 

5 hours ago, Dusty said:

I notice Marcus Godinho has signed for Vancouver Whitecaps.  Brandon was playing well until injury (again) - hope he gets himself fit and then he can take it from there.  Needs a run of games somewhere to get going anyway.

Apparently Ryan Gauld is on £48k a week Godinho will be lucky to be on £480 a week - not a great footballer but cracking name for a footballer if he had been Brazilian 

On 23/09/2021 at 18:47, Robbies Tackle said:

He's not good enough sadly. 

This. Injuries, bad luck probably contributed but it is what it is.

His teas oot. Will eventually move on with our best wishes. 

17 hours ago, Locky said:

👍🏿

Hopefully see him in the matchday squad sooner rather than later then. As highlighted by Neilson, an injury to Smith requires a full system change so makes sense for Logan to get some game time soon.

Yeah it's a pity nobody noticed that particular weakness in our squad, who could have anticipated that..?

Guest ToqueJambo
9 hours ago, rory78 said:

Apparently Ryan Gauld is on £48k a week Godinho will be lucky to be on £480 a week - not a great footballer but cracking name for a footballer if he had been Brazilian 

48K! Surely not. Every half decent footballer would be over there in a shot.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Deid Heid said:

Yeah it's a pity nobody noticed that particular weakness in our squad, who could have anticipated that..?

We could do with more options but by all accounts Logan has a good chance there. Of course we could sign someone just in case Smith is injured more often but that's how our squad got so bloated the last year or two isn't it?

The system change was more about playing 5 forwards anyhow wasn't it? Moore can fill in at RWB, so can a couple of others. I'd like to see Ginnelly there personally if needs must. I remember Mulraney did very well at WB.

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We could do with more options but by all accounts Logan has a good chance there. Of course we could sign someone just in case Smith is injured more often but that's how our squad got so bloated the last year or two isn't it?

The system change was more about playing 5 forwards anyhow wasn't it? Moore can fill in at RWB, so can a couple of others. I'd like to see Ginnelly there personally if needs must. I remember Mulraney did very well at WB.

Yer right enough, bringing more cover in when we have three RB/RWBs, not only bloats squads, but stifles budding careers. The expectations for Logan are high indeed problem being all three of those players are injured then. 

I think if Bob had thought Ginnelly could cover at RWB he would have done it already, Moore doesn't look tremendously convincing at RB. . Hope that Smith is back for today as that particular berth is thinly covered at the moment.

Anybody know what progress Logan is making back from injury, I really hope that he gets his chance this season. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Deid Heid said:

Yer right enough, bringing more cover in when we have three RB/RWBs, not only bloats squads, but stifles budding careers. The expectations for Logan are high indeed problem being all three of those players are injured then. 

I think if Bob had thought Ginnelly could cover at RWB he would have done it already, Moore doesn't look tremendously convincing at RB. . Hope that Smith is back for today as that particular berth is thinly covered at the moment.

Anybody know what progress Logan is making back from injury, I really hope that he gets his chance this season. 

Not sure Ginnelly is fit enough for WB just now right enough. I would like a swashbuckling RWB but everyone wants these types of defensive wingers now so they must come at a premium. Hopefully Logan fits the bill. 

12 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

There speaks the man who obviously doesn’t read many of the JKB posts.

Your lack of donations or post count to boot on here would suggest prob not the strongest position to make that comment ...

Go on, post more and donate more on here, it's a win win min ...

We get more cutting insight & you support JKB & charities too 😉

I know he's had his fair share of injury problems but Brandon has been about the club for a few years without really making a place in the team his own. For his sake, and at his age, he should be playing games every week (once his injuries have passed) and with another club. It's a bit like when Zanatta was at Hearts...a good few years without contributing much yet he was still given contracts. Players get stale and need a new challenge, Brandon is in this situation now and his career needs a kick. He should get a club no bother, Championship or lower Prem, he's decent and experienced enough. His career'll be over before he knows it if he hangs around Hearts too much longer.

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/09/2021 at 18:47, GinRummy said:

Will no doubt get shot down for this but I think Jamie could do well at RWB. Always looked better attacking. 

I agree I think he could do very good at this 

34 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Best of luck to the lad. Big upside to his game but just so unlucky

Reading the link, not taking part in any contact training and will not start playing again until January.

29 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

I agree I think he could do very good at this 

He's only 23, and he looked a good prospect when he first appeared, I wouldn't be writing him off.

• 4 weeks later...
A_A wehatethehibs

Good luck to him at an Alloa, Cove or Falkirk type club on loan in January, shop window loan deal for him to get back playing and try to win himself a pro deal at that level. Fingers crossed he has a good career ahead, with a fair wind he could possibly make it up to Championship level or even Premiership after a few seasons learning his trade, a bit like Jordan Mcgee who’s done really well to carve out a pro career after a few seasons, managed to get up to Dundee standard of player which is a good achievement. Similar type of player actually, can see a similar path for Brandon. Hope he can stay injury free from now on good luck to him 

11 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Good luck to him at an Alloa, Cove or Falkirk type club on loan in January, shop window loan deal for him to get back playing and try to win himself a pro deal at that level. Fingers crossed he has a good career ahead, with a fair wind he could possibly make it up to Championship level or even Premiership after a few seasons learning his trade, a bit like Jordan Mcgee who’s done really well to carve out a pro career after a few seasons, managed to get up to Dundee standard of player which is a good achievement. Similar type of player actually, can see a similar path for Brandon. Hope he can stay injury free from now on good luck to him 

Hopefully an older pro doesnt go after him like Kenny Miller did.

Absolute shameful tackle on Mcghee that day.

I like both players.

Still grinds my gears that Miller only recieved a yellow for that.

On 23/09/2021 at 21:43, DS98 said:

A part time gig in league 1 or 2 awaits.

However Ross Callachan is currently forging a career in the prem so who the **** knows these days!

Liam Smith also although he is currently injured.

fabienleclerq
21 minutes ago, Ked said:

I like both players.

Was it not Mchattie Miller nailed? 

fabienleclerq
25 minutes ago, Ked said:

Aye it was.

🙄

Wheres he playing btw?

Possibly jacked it, sure I read that on here. 

On 25/09/2021 at 07:50, Deid Heid said:

I'd like to see Smith used in the centre of defence. Not getting any younger for the RWB role but reads the game well.

20 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

I'd like to see Smith used in the centre of defence. Not getting any younger for the RWB role but reads the game well.

I think we’ll be shaking Smith’s hand at the end of the season and thanking him for his services

10 hours ago, Ked said:

I like both players.

I watched that incident from Section P of the old main stand so a perfect view of it. As you say, utterly shameful and clearly premeditated, ruining an aspiring young footballer's career. Remember it like it was yesterday. I've had less than zero respect for Miller since. A straight red every day of the week.

Old pros who do that to young players are just bullying scumbags. Ditto Scott Brown on Harry Cochrane.

59 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I watched that incident from Section P of the old main stand so a perfect view of it. As you say, utterly shameful and clearly premeditated, ruining an aspiring young footballer's career. Remember it like it was yesterday. I've had less than zero respect for Miller since. A straight red every day of the week.

Old pros who do that to young players are just bullying scumbags. Ditto Scott Brown on Harry Cochrane.

I had a similar but probably better view that day.

I've hated Miller ever since not just for the tackle but the way he stood over Mchattie after it.

Brown although a bully in no way set out to wreck Cochrane .

At 23 it's his last chance to show it. I do think he might be more suited to the formation we play now with us having 3 at the back. Up to him to show he is fit and able to prove he's good enough. If Ralston can come on to a game domestically there's no reason why JB can't. 

Otherwise as folk have correctly stated he'll find himself down a division or two potentially having to work his way back. I do hope the former is more likely as it's a position we desperately need to improve with Smith getting on and Moore not guaranteed to be with us past January. 

Edited by Ccjambo1874

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I think we’ll be shaking Smith’s hand at the end of the season and thanking him for his services

Unless he plays a certain number of games and triggers a new contract. 

I actually forgot about him. Wish the kid well but he is surplus to requirements. He reminds me of dark dark days at Hearts. I don't rate him one single bit and every game he goes on to play for us would be a step backwards for us as a team.

13 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Shocking challenge but saying it ruined his career is stretching it. He wasn’t good enough for us hence the reason he slipping further down the leagues.

Perth to Paisley
40 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Shocking challenge but saying it ruined his career is stretching it. He wasn’t good enough for us hence the reason he slipping further down the leagues.

Good player with great potential who never recovered his fitness/confidence after that assualt.

I dont think its "stretching it" at all. 

1 hour ago, Chaps said:

If he hadn't lifted his foot it would have ended his career right there and then.

He was really coming onto a game around the time.

On 23/09/2021 at 12:25, Leveins Battalion said:

Rumours of a pre contract for Shaun Rooney in January.

Thought I read recently he signed an extension with the Fermers. Could be wrong though. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Jamie Brandon’s Hearts contract has been extended for the season - with a view to getting him a loan move in January.

Anymore transfer news Jambo?