Plenty positives

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

Since Robbie came in it's night and day in terms of recruitment and performance on the park!! We back where we belong and we showing that on the pitch. Today we had enough chances to win 3 games but the positive thing is we creating plenty of chances and one of these weeks we gonna click, take our chances and some team is gonna take a hammering. All in all though in my opinion we've got loads to build on going forward. 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• LarrysRightFoot

• GinRummy

• kingantti1874

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Since Robbie came in it's night and day in terms of recruitment and performance on the park!! We back where we belong and we showing that on the pitch. Today we had enough chances to win 3 games but the positive thing is we creating plenty of chances and one of these weeks we gonna click, take our chances and some team is gonna take a hammering. All in all though in my opinion we've got loads to build on going forward. 

You say it all in last line.

Never again want to see 7 defensive minded players starting.

2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I think recruitment is down to Savage, to be honest, however I agree that there's plenty to be positive about. Our performances are definitely better, creating lots of chances and overall defending well. Need to start finding the back of the net, though.

LarrysRightFoot

Did someone not say this after the Hibs game? The fact of the matter is given the squad we now have today’s result plus those against Hibs and Aberdeen (look at their results since) at home are not good enough.  

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

You say it all in last line.

Never again want to see 7 defensive minded players starting.

I’d rather we played 3-4-3 than that formation today. There’s got to be a balance. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, CloustonHMFC said:

I think recruitment is down to Savage, to be honest, however I agree that there's plenty to be positive about. Our performances are definitely better, creating lots of chances and overall defending well. Need to start finding the back of the net, though.

First line isn't true. 

Barry boy signing prioves that. 

I didn't see game but saw stats. I was pleased with starting line up.

I am sure Neilson will have learned from game re certain players (e.g. where Woodburns position should be). 

Well done to the manager for being positive and trying to win the game. 

More please.

10 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

I’d rather we played 3-4-3 than that formation today. There’s got to be a balance. 

There was balance. Plenty players got back, just couldn't defend.

Playing on front foot and going forwards will take getting used to for some players.

Goals conceded were not down to formation imo.

LarrysRightFoot
4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I didn't see game but saw stats. I was pleased with starting line up.

I am sure Neilson will have learned from game re certain players (e.g. where Woodburns position should be). 

Well done to the manager for being positive and trying to win the game. 

More please.

I really don’t think that deserves praise. 

End of the day it’s (another) 2 dropped points. 

Italian Lambretta
14 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

How many chances did we have after we went 2-1 down?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
11 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Did someone not say this after the Hibs game? The fact of the matter is given the squad we now have today’s result plus those against Hibs and Aberdeen (look at their results since) at home are not good enough.  

So we should be on full points?

Great performance, Ross County are a top class side, and we can't just turn up and expect to win these games. A draw was a fair result, well done Robbie and the boys.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

How many chances did we have after we went 2-1 down?

We had enough chances in the game to win 3 games ! Still new players who've came in trying to gel etc so all in all in my opinion we've had decent start and we need to remember robbie came in we had won 4 games all season and were relegated 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Yep. Do you disagree? 

I disagree on the basis that football doesn’t work like that. For example we probably shouldn’t have won the Celtic league game using your rules. 

You don’t just win because you should. In fact you don’t even just win because you deserved to win - like today.

So yes, I disagree. I don’t believe we have been good enough or should have been good enough to be on 18 points in the league so far this season.

Funnily enough no team has…

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

Great performance, Ross County are a top class side, and we can't just turn up and expect to win these games. A draw was a fair result, well done Robbie and the boys.

Ross County a top class side are you having a laugh. 

There is plenty of positives but also plenty of frustrations. We created a barrel load and should have been well ahead by HT, the players need to start taking these chances. 

Funnily enough both Edinburgh sides probably see it as 4 dropped in the last 2 games from the chances had. It's gonna be a tight season, the players need to ensure it's us that comes out on top. 

3 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

It’s the lowest form of wit, bud !

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We had enough chances in the game to win 3 games ! Still new players who've came in trying to gel etc so all in all in my opinion we've had decent start and we need to remember robbie came in we had won 4 games all season and were relegated 

I asked how many chances we had when we went 2-1 down.

To an extent he took the hand brake off today and that's a good thing. Horses for courses. It's a results driven business. And although ideal world your wanting 3 points today I'm not too upset given the mentality in which neilson set things out. 

LarrysRightFoot
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I disagree on the basis that football doesn’t work like that. For example we probably shouldn’t have won the Celtic league game using your rules. 

You don’t just win because you should. In fact you don’t even just win because you deserved to win - like today.

So yes, I disagree. I don’t believe we have been good enough or should have been good enough to be on 18 points in the league so far this season.

Defeatist attitude. 

For me I expected us to beat Celtic because I thought (and so it proved) it was a good time to get them. 

I was very pleased with the DUFC and St Midden results - very unlike us and raised expectations. 

The Hibs and Aberdeen games are poor home results. Away points to them are decent but at home you have to win. 

Today is another poor result against a team without a win - no getting away from it. Yes would could won but very easily could have lost. 

24 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I honestly think if GMS had converted that pretty simple chance we would have gone on to win, we have

had worse days at the office, still need to tighten up at the back, too many solo errors, still plenty good

times to come.

wattie exploited
8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

ross county are a top class side ? your having a laugh  there shit and we should be beating them instead of a shit draw today :rifle:

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Agreed 100%

Good and sensible post. 

Big Slim Stylee
30 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Nah. Recruitment is better. But he’s an average manager. You build on better recruiting with a better manager.

Bonus three points against Celtic already pissed away. It’s a steady enough start but I’m fed up of us dominating games and ending up drawing or losing. Time to convert our superiority into wins.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Not for him it's not. 

J.T.F.Robertson
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:rofl:

It's an idiot...

Either you're at it or dense. I think I know which of the two....

The smoke from Wattie's rifle is  muddling his vision.

A reminder that Hibs averaged 18 points every 11 games last year.

We are well on track to finish 3rd this season. Win at home (don't lose v Cat A sides), don't lose away.

40 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

3-4-3 wasn’t balanced at all. It was heavily weighted towards defensive players. 

Jambof3tornado
25 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The next positive I’m waiting for is Halkett getting finally binned from the team 🙏 hope this is the week.

Such a disappointing signing. Really thought he would continue to develop but he's been poor.

Soapy still prone to brain farts but could really do with an experienced auld heid beside him to keep him focussed.

12 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

if you think Ross County are good your a idiot !!!!!!!!!!!!!:rifle:

Jesus Christ 🙈🙈🙈

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:rofl:

It's an idiot...

Either you're at it or dense. I think I know which of the two....

🤣🤣🤣

22 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Since John Murray retired and we brought in decent scouts you mean. 

Robbie doesn't do the recruitment. 

Yes but he does pick and coach the team, undefeated in how many league games now?

Ross county aren't a great team and neither are we.  Point is not massively disappointing given the hibs and abdn scores.  Still, any time we drop points is disappointing.  But context is everything.  We have had a good start to the season.  Let's back the team and hope they keep the run going and get 2 wins from the next 2.