Plenty positives

Selkirkhmfc1874

5 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Ross county aren't a great team and neither are we.  Point is not massively disappointing given the hibs and abdn scores.  Still, any time we drop points is disappointing.  But context is everything.  We have had a good start to the season.  Let's back the team and hope they keep the run going and get 2 wins from the next 2. 

And if we don't?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• LarrysRightFoot

• GinRummy

• kingantti1874

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

One of the best ever. He should post more because I'm still pishing myself.

My Mrs asked me what i was laughing at. Absolute gold

Games are won and lost in midfield. Today with one midfielder it was an invitation for County to attack. We still lack (and have done for years)  a creative midfielder. Those continued floated balls

were easily mopped up. I thought we ran out of ideas how to get past their defence, and if it had not been for Souttar clearing off the line, we could have easily lost.

11 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Yes but he does pick and coach the team, undefeated in how many league games now?

He's utter pish. That Ross County team cost about 16 quid all in. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Games are won and lost in midfield. Today with one midfielder it was an invitation for County to attack. We still lack (and have done for years)  a creative midfielder. Those continued floated balls

were easily mopped up. I thought we ran out of ideas how to get past their defence, and if it had not been for Souttar clearing off the line, we could have easily lost.

Aye, if it wasn't for our defender- defending we'd have lost. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, if it wasn't for our defender- defending we'd have lost. 

:rofl:i love this place on a Saturday 

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'm not going to moan too much, but my complaint is, we could sign 11 world class players and we'd still be mediocre under Neilson. 

Nowhere near as mediocre as almost all of your inane posts.

Jambof3tornado
19 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Ross county aren't a great team and neither are we.  Point is not massively disappointing given the hibs and abdn scores.  Still, any time we drop points is disappointing.  But context is everything.  We have had a good start to the season.  Let's back the team and hope they keep the run going and get 2 wins from the next 2. 

If we cant pick up 3 points away from home against the relative small sides its even more important to get the wins at tynecastle against everyone we play!

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'm not going to moan too much, but my complaint is, we could sign 11 world class players and we'd still be mediocre under Neilson. 

I am not convinced he will ever bring out the best in any attack minded player, has he improved any forwards we have signed?

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

First line isn't true. 

Barry boy signing prioves that. 

Strongly disagree 

Look at our squad now compared to past seasons 

You know the drill. Neilson identifies the type of player he wants and Savage goes and gets him options. You could argue Robbie has identified the right type but Savage has to take full credit 

Having savage in place has been like a breath of fresh air and has been a huge positive for us. Considering we had JM in place all of that time and seen what a change one person can make 

2 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

Nowhere near as mediocre as almost all of your inane posts.

You just can't handle the truth. 

There's a reason why Craig Gordon had made the most saves in the premier league as of last week.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Strongly disagree 

Look at our squad now compared to past seasons 

You know the drill. Neilson identifies the type of player he wants and Savage goes and gets him options. You could argue Robbie has identified the right type but Savage has to take full credit 

Having savage in place has been like a breath of fresh air and has been a huge positive for us. Considering we had JM in place all of that time and seen what a change one person can make 

Savage has to take full credit. 

Stoap it, ma sides. 

wattie exploited
35 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

:rofl:

It's an idiot...

Either you're at it or dense. I think I know which of the two....

your a clown so thanks for making me laugh :rifle:

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You just can't handle the truth. 

There's a reason why Craig Gordon had made the most saves in the premier league as of last week.

🤣🤣🤣

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, wattie exploited said:

your a clown so thanks for making me laugh :rifle:

Mate, please stop. 

Have a good night 👍

Edited by Smith's right boot

The lengths some people will go to to belittle our manager in spite of his record is breathtaking.

Promoted and now undefeated and joint top. Not good enough. We expected so much more.

wattie exploited
33 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

One of the best ever. He should post more because I'm still pishing myself.

perhaps you should go to the doctors get yourself a pair of incontinence pants that might sort you out !

but I doubt it :rifle:

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Yep. Do you disagree? 

What planet?

So we are supposed to win every game?

At least we are now trying to WIN games.

9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I am not convinced he will ever bring out the best in any attack minded player, has he improved any forwards we have signed?

He hasn't got a clue when it comes to attacking play. 

31 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

We need to stop the “next 3 games are massive” or “potential 9 points here” build up after a set of fixtures deemed tougher.  For as long as I can remember we never live up to expectation, and while today isn’t a disaster, we’ve already not lived up to the hope some had by collecting full points.

I’m just sitting on the fact we’ve made a reasonable start to the league but people are now awaiting what kind of response we get from the manager and players now at the next home match.  I think many like to scrutinise beyond the scoreline and there’s nothing wrong with that. Some look at performances as an indicator of what the limits of the team are, or equally, what they could be giving more of 

Hibs making a bit of a thing the now that its been X amount of weeks since they've been outside the top 4. Question for the stattos, has Robbie ever had us sitting below 3rd (either league)  in his time in charge?

Edited by EH11 2NL

Jambof3tornado
10 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

He hasn't got a clue when it comes to attacking play. 

Is that not why we have attack minded coaches too,naismith and elbows knew how to attack.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
32 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

He's utter pish. That Ross County team cost about 16 quid all in. 

He's a poor mans Tommy McLean.

4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Is that not why we have attack minded coaches too,naismith and elbows knew how to attack.

Not sure if Naismith has anything to do with tactics or general play. 

Who knows. 

LarrysRightFoot
15 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

What planet?

So we are supposed to win every game?

At least we are now trying to WIN games.

I never said we were supposed to win every game. People on here read what they want to read. 

However, if you think we shouldn’t win games like today, I don’t know what you expect or want from Hearts. 

My positives from today.

Boyce

Gnanduillet

Devlin

Walker (much better from him effort wise)

McKay in spells looked very astute.

Despite the poor result we are still unbeaten.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I thought we’d drop points today

I think we’ll win the 2 home games

We’ll then get our customary boabying at Greyskull

Sounds about right. 

We are incredibly frail at the back. But lots of positives going forward until County sussed us out. 

We shouldn’t be surrendering a lead in games against the relegation fodder, but at least we aren’t the relegation fodder like we were last time around.

Frustrated, but not depressed 

6 minutes ago, everton_jambo said:

We are incredibly frail at the back. But lots of positives going forward until County sussed us out. 

We shouldn’t be surrendering a lead in games against the relegation fodder, but at least we aren’t the relegation fodder like we were last time around.

Frustrated, but not depressed 

What being a Hearts supporter is currently about 😀

thecarnbeejambo

here we go again with..," some team is going to take a hammering " comment..can we seriously look at that team and see where different goalscorers are coming from.. our crossing was poor and never caused a goalkeeper.. on his debut... any real problems..on the surface a good squad but seems to lack any punch in front of goal.. after the derby i was really looking to pick up max points before playing the other half of the poison twins. 6 points dropped already. saying we are undefeated doesn't cut it t.b.h. however still looking forward.. HHGH

I think we are performing well, we looked good in a creating sense today without being too clinical up front, positives for me were that McKay is rapid at times and will be good for us, Cammy Devlin had a fine debut as I thought he would and will add something to our midfield, Boyce scored again, just wish the GMS chance had fallen to him though, Also thought Halkett was really good again, their is still room for improvement with final balls though, also we seemed to switch off at times today, Especially defensively, Souttar looked a bit off it again today for me and I'm not convinced about Moore tbh although it's only his first full game, hopefully we see a return to the back 3 next week and Michael Smith back at rwb and Cochrane back too, we just look alot more balanced at the back in that system.

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I never said we were supposed to win every game. People on here read what they want to read. 

However, if you think we shouldn’t win games like today, I don’t know what you expect or want from Hearts. 

Your original post read like a man studying form in his racing paper. 

Horse x beat horse y by ten lengths so as horse c only beat horse y by nine lengths horse c has no chance of beating horse x. 

Doesn't work like that in any competitive sport. There are too many variables. 

Just because we beat Celtic doesn't necessarily mean we should roll over everyone else. 

Unpredictability is what makes football the great game that it is. 

As Kenny Rodgers sang in 'The Gambler' the time for counting is when the dealings done. 

That being the end of the season. 

I happen to think we will be holding a strong hand when the dealings done. 

Guest ToqueJambo

2 hours ago, 1953 said:

Another game we could/ should have won, just like Aberdeen and Hibs games, fine margins and all that but big improvement on what we've watched in recent seasons.

Neilson said it himself - their goalie was their MoM. That's at least 3 games now - Hibs, Caley in the cup and County - where the other team's goalie has played a blinder, not just a couple of good saves but an unusually good performance by their normal standards. That's very promising.

6 minutes ago, thecarnbeejambo said:

here we go again with..," some team is going to take a hammering " comment..can we seriously look at that team and see where different goalscorers are coming from.. our crossing was poor and never caused a goalkeeper.. on his debut... any real problems..on the surface a good squad but seems to lack any punch in front of goal.. after the derby i was really looking to pick up max points before playing the other half of the poison twins. 6 points dropped already. saying we are undefeated doesn't cut it t.b.h. however still looking forward.. HHGH

Our crossing corners and free kicks have been poor all season.

Seems that its not just Michael Smith then.

What is the point of putting Gnando in the team and then never giving him decent balls to challenge for

Need to get it sorted pronto.

Just like last week, we should have won but could have lost. 

Wish the malcontents would give it a rest because barring a disastrous run of results Robbie is here for the long term. 

What has he done wrong to provoke such a hounding from some. 

We wouldn't find anyone better within our budget imo. 

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

I thought we’d drop points today

I think we’ll win the 2 home games

We’ll then get our customary boabying at Greyskull

And annoyingly we’re not getting any tickets. 

LarrysRightFoot
13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Your original post read like a man studying form in his racing paper. 

Horse x beat horse y by ten lengths so as horse c only beat horse y by nine lengths horse c has no chance of beating horse x. 

Doesn't work like that in any competitive sport. There are too many variables. 

Just because we beat Celtic doesn't necessarily mean we should roll over everyone else. 

Unpredictability is what makes football the great game that it is. 

As Kenny Rodgers sang in 'The Gambler' the time for counting is when the dealings done. 

That being the end of the season. 

I happen to think we will be holding a strong hand when the dealings done. 

Bloody hell. 

Look we should be winning away to Ross County. We should be winning our home games. The OF home games are 50:50 but we got Celtic at a good time. 

As I said to another poster of you don’t expect we should be winning at Ross County I don’t know what you want for Hearts. 

3 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

And annoyingly we’re not getting any tickets. 

Slightly off topic but IMO they are ruining the atmosphere of their home games by not letting any away fans in. 

The OF Derby was a damp squib they might as well have been playing Livingston or the like for all the excitement it generated. 

This is the most entertaining Hearts side for quite some time and I thought overall we played well again today. Someone is definitely going to take a severe beating from us soon. Devlin hit the ground running. High hopes for him. 

Let’s see how hibs and Aberdeen get on the next 5 games 

hibs play

v St Johnstone (h)

v Rangers (a)

v Dundee Utd (h)

v Aberdeen (a)

v Celtic (h)

Aberdeen play

v St Mirren (a)

v Celtic (h)

v Dundee (a)

v Hibs (h)

v Rangers (a)

we play

v Livingston (h)

v Motherwell (h)

V Rangers (a)

v Dundee (h)

v St Johnstone (a)

looking at the above the vermin and the sheep (aside from playing each other) have very difficult fixtures.  From our point of course no games easy but certainly 3 winnable at home and I’d be looking at a win in Perth (due one surely).

next 5 games will be very interesting for all 3 sides

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Let’s see how hibs and Aberdeen get on the next 5 games 

hibs play

v St Johnstone (h)

v Rangers (a)

v Dundee Utd (h)

v Aberdeen (a)

v Celtic (h)

Aberdeen play

v St Mirren (a)

v Celtic (h)

v Dundee (a)

v Hibs (h)

v Rangers (a)

we play

v Livingston (h)

v Motherwell (h)

V Rangers (a)

v Dundee (h)

v St Johnstone (a)

looking at the above the vermin and the sheep (aside from playing each other) have very difficult fixtures.  From our point of course no games easy but certainly 3 winnable at home and I’d be looking at a win in Perth (due one surely).

next 5 games will be very interesting for all 3 sides

Aberdeen could quite easily lose all of those games. They are absolutely pony. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aberdeen could quite easily lose all of those games. They are absolutely pony. 

Indeed. Can see them bottom six before long. Can see hibs losing majority also tbf.  St Johnstone own them and their following fixtures are painful for them

Edited by 1971fozzy

4 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Bloody hell. 

Look we should be winning away to Ross County. We should be winning our home games. The OF home games are 50:50 but we got Celtic at a good time. 

As I said to another poster of you don’t expect we should be winning at Ross County I don’t know what you want for Hearts. 

Perhaps but it's hardly a disaster. 

Plenty teams drop points up there. 

They have also got themselves a very capable manager. 

They will finish mid table imo.