One game you could do again.

Scott Leitch

Liverpool for me. An amazing experience, everything about it. The fans and the game. Incredible.

It beat 98 for me. Never celebrated a goal like that but apart from that just amazing.

If you could bottle that feeling when temps scored. 

10 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Mercer derby in 1990

absolutely incredible. Just incredible 

I bet it was.  Would love to have been there.

1 hour ago, Scott Leitch said:

Liverpool for me. An amazing experience, everything about it. The fans and the game. Incredible.

It beat 98 for me. Never celebrated a goal like that but apart from that just amazing.

Wow!! Hard to argue against that, you had to be there. Jose's equaliser against the terrorists, Weir or Ozturk's equaliser against the site must be up there as well.

Need to pick won that wasn't an equaliser though so I'm going with Adam's goal in the cup final, 2 goals up? 2nd half? We might just do this. 🇵🇪

13 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Bayern Munich…….one unbelievable night……still watch it regularly 

Yup and athletico - 2 best European nights in the shed that I remember 

Scotland in Paris faddies goal, the overall trip and then the game as well was just incredible, by far the best trip I have ever done, we took over the parc des princes that night, incredible. 

27 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Scotland in Paris faddies goal, the overall trip and then the game as well was just incredible, by far the best trip I have ever done, we took over the parc des princes that night, incredible. 

I’m sure it was a good night but nothing comes close to my love for Hearts. I’ve been to big Scotland games (Hutchison 1-0 Wembley, Sweden 2-1 Italia 90) and yes I’ve enjoyed but nowhere near the emotions that I’ve experienced with Hearts…..Bayern 1-0, 98 final, Beatie etc……..oh aye and the 5-1……..

2 hours ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Locomotive Leipzig at Tynie.  

This was the game I wanted to go to but I was ‘too young’ so listened to it on the radiogram.

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Hesh said:

This was the game I wanted to go to but I was ‘too young’ so listened to it on the radiogram.

Picture to prove it as well! :lol:

th-4.jpeg

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Assuming that this involves legit time travel, Dunfermline at home, 22nd October 2005, armed with a sports almanac and a relationship counselling manual. 

Edited by CMc

Semi against Celtic in 2012. Beating that lot was amazing and then knowing we would be playing the wee team in the final was brilliant.

Liverpool away was incredible too. Honourable mention to 19/05/12 of course but also the 2-1against Celtic a few weeks back as it felt amazing to be back in the stadium after so long, with the added bonus of beating that obscene club.

Perth to Paisley
3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Scottish cup final 1998. Miles above any football related experience I’ve ever had.

100%

Some magnificent experiences but this for me tops the lot.

After 86 at Dens I never dared to dream.

Only winning the league could ever top 5-1 for me. Closely followed by The semi final 4-0 win against hibs. 

Honourable mention to the 2-1 win against against and big Phil stamp :yas:

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Hearts 4-0 Celtic. Best laugh I've had at a football match. And the game was , magnificent.

Just thinking about that game, the Poznań was brilliant, wish there was a vid somewhere of it. It was a proper GIRFUY to the smellies 😂

Interestingly short list of games so far.

Any three of 3-2 '83, Bayern, '98. Each unforgettable and still seem significant.

3-2 was such a sign for what was to come. The game against Hibs is never over until we have snatched something back from them. And crushed their collective spirit.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Hearts 4-0 Celtic. Best laugh I've had at a football match. And the game was , magnificent.

This, just so unexpected that it became funny. 

Probably because I was younger, but the 3rd in the 4-2 Cup game v rangers followed by Big Daves mazy run to set up the 4th was brilliant. 

We were shite at that time, struggling in the league, to go 2-0 up, then go 2-2 v 9 iar rangers with Laudrop, we thought it was curtains. 

We then beat the holders Utd. 

Airdrie beat us in the sf😭😭😭

Away games are generally better, the :scenes:In the away end at the goal. 

5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The Poznan with my old man is still one of the best moments of my life

Hearts 2-1 Celtic Let's all do the Beattie

Best atmosphere at Hampden I have ever experienced, know we were winning g the cup after that, even 5-1 didn't give that buzz.

Other than that Hibs 1-Hearts 2 - Fozzie on the fence, absolutely wild celebrations, just out of shot in the photo on the fence with a school pal 

The Goalscoring Knee

Beating United 3-0 at Tannadice in 86, because the hope was still there. That was the day I thought we would win the title. Great goals, great saves, joy on the terracing

15th of April 2012, Celtic 1-2 Heart of Midlothian, still to this day the best game and atmosphere I have ever experienced as a Hearts fan, the build up to the game, fearing that we were going to get pumped, my mums partner a celtic fan wishing me a shite afternoon as I left the house to head to the game, getting through to Glasgow on the train then heading to the pub for a beer and then heading to hampden, watching us get absolutely pummeled in the first half and thinking how the heck it was still 0-0 at half time, Seeing Rudi round forster and smash it into the roof of the net and proceed to wildly celebrate and then worship the great man by chanting Ruuuuuudiiiiii! Seeing hooper score and offside goal and celtic getting back level unjustly, then the absolute joy as the big legend Marius Zaliukas won us a pen against that big baw bag wanyama, Seeing Beattie score the winner and the brilliant celebration at the end, hearing the hearts song at full time almost in tears, just knowing that we would do h1b5 in the final! What a fecking day!! 

7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Mercer derby in 1990

This.  Best league derby I've ever been at.  I think I laughed as much as cheered when the goals went in.  

It was the perfect game to beat them.  

Edited by Auldbenches

7 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Mercer derby in 1990

Absolutely this. Total carnage when the 1st went in. 

The Beattie cup semi at Hampden. I’m not sure how many Hearts fans were there that day but it felt like double than what there were. 

Dennis Reynolds
2 hours ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Semi against Celtic in 2012. Beating that lot was amazing and then knowing we would be playing the wee team in the final was brilliant.

This one for me. What a feeling at 90 mins.

2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

15th of April 2012, Celtic 1-2 Heart of Midlothian, still to this day the best game and atmosphere I have ever experienced as a Hearts fan, the build up to the game, fearing that we were going to get pumped, my mums partner a celtic fan wishing me a shite afternoon as I left the house to head to the game, getting through to Glasgow on the train then heading to the pub for a beer and then heading to hampden, watching us get absolutely pummeled in the first half and thinking how the heck it was still 0-0 at half time, Seeing Rudi round forster and smash it into the roof of the net and proceed to wildly celebrate and then worship the great man by chanting Ruuuuuudiiiiii! Seeing hooper score and offside goal and celtic getting back level unjustly, then the absolute joy as the big legend Marius Zaliukas won us a pen against that big baw bag wanyama, Seeing Beattie score the winner and the brilliant celebration at the end, hearing the hearts song at full time almost in tears, just knowing that we would do h1b5 in the final! What a fecking day!! 

You really need to have word with your mother, her taste in men is not a subject that should be ignored. Before you know it she won't be able to get out a car without a blanket over her head

Cup final against Gretna for me.

Why?

The only final that me and my late father attended together that we won.

After 68, 76, 86, and 96 x2, in which we lost them all, 2006 was special to me, as my dad crossed the bar 2010.

What about 1998 I hear you say?

I couldn't make it due to IBM work commitments. I did manage to see it on Sky Sports.

10 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

Sorry the Liverpool game ultimately ended on a real downer as Hearts were knocked out.

Nothing can beat 1998 for me - nothing!

William H. Bonney

98, although I’m not sure I could bear the tension again. 
Non hearts would be the 2 free kicks Griffiths scored against England. An unbelievable atmosphere. 

9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Sorry the Liverpool game ultimately ended on a real downer as Hearts were knocked out.

Nothing can beat 1998 for me - nothing!

I wouldn't say it was a downer. Yes we went out but we drew at anfield against a very good Liverpool side and a poor Hearts side. When Temps scored I can hand on heart say I've never experienced a feeling like that. 98 was obviously the top feeling and won't be topped but that moment was just amazing at Anfield. The whole day was class start to finish. The hangover next day less so!