One game you could do again.

Scott Leitch

9 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Wow!! Hard to argue against that, you had to be there. Jose's equaliser against the terrorists, Weir or Ozturk's equaliser against the site must be up there as well.

Need to pick won that wasn't an equaliser though so I'm going with Adam's goal in the cup final, 2 goals up? 2nd half? We might just do this. 🇵🇪

I went down to Anfield with a good friend in the car. Didn't think I was getting a ticket but he came through for me. Amazing trip. 

I wasn't at the 4-4 game and if truth be told if have left at 4-2 anyway! Ozturk was special as well. I mind shouting don't shoottttttt! Shows what I know!

Hearts v Locomotive Leipzig, 2-0 down from the 1st leg in the Cup winners cup,

5-1 winners at tynecastle, shed was rocking, what a result and night.

All the Scottish cups wins were all very special, 98, 06, and 2012 .

Edited by Harry Potter

3 hours ago, schillaci said:

Interestingly short list of games so far.

Any three of 3-2 '83, Bayern, '98. Each unforgettable and still seem significant.

3-2 was such a sign for what was to come. The game against Hibs is never over until we have snatched something back from them. And crushed their collective spirit.

That 83 game helped change everything.  

Also reminds you how much john Robertson helped create the club we are now.  

Everthig changed that day and Robbo was there for most of it with his goals.

We can't overstate the role hhe has had in this club growing.

We must surely be thinking of naming a stand after him?  

19 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

I wouldn't say it was a downer. Yes we went out but we drew at anfield against a very good Liverpool side and a poor Hearts side. When Temps scored I can hand on heart say I've never experienced a feeling like that. 98 was obviously the top feeling and won't be topped but that moment was just amazing at Anfield. The whole day was class start to finish. The hangover next day less so!

John McGlynn doest seem to get the credit he deserves for both those games.  

Showed that he is is a very good coach.

We matched them in both games but especially at home.  

2 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

I wouldn't say it was a downer. Yes we went out but we drew at anfield against a very good Liverpool side and a poor Hearts side. When Temps scored I can hand on heart say I've never experienced a feeling like that. 98 was obviously the top feeling and won't be topped but that moment was just amazing at Anfield. The whole day was class start to finish. The hangover next day less so!

I was proud of the team that night. 👍

Das Viertel Hearts
14 hours ago, martoon said:

3-2 v. Hibs in 1983.

The archetypal great blood and guts Hearts match of the 80s a spotless choice!!! 😃

9 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Just thinking about that game, the Poznań was brilliant, wish there was a vid somewhere of it. It was a proper GIRFUY to the smellies 😂

There u go, I was bed ridden with sciatica that day, absolutely gutted to miss the game but got this up on YouTube. 

10 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Picture to prove it as well! :lol:

th-4.jpeg

His mum was well fit to be fair. Looks like Morningside type dudes,never muirhouse 

Edited by TypoonJambo

1998 Cup Final. Nothing else can come close. (I couldn’t make the 2012 final, though I did make 2006).

Aside from that, 4-2 v Slavia Prague in 1992. The atmosphere was something else that night, and the way the tie lurched back and forth with each goal was compelling. And then there was that Snodin goal for the win…

17 hours ago, martoon said:

3-2 v. Hibs in 1983.

I concur.

Tragically no TV footage.

Seismic shift moment !

Robbo’s first goals v the wee team.
I’d so love to see his screamer again as well as relive the celebration at the Jimmy Bone winner.

One of the best days.

( pass the tissues ! )

17 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

I concur.

Tragically no TV footage.

Seismic shift moment !

Robbo’s first goals v the wee team.
I’d so love to see his screamer again as well as relive the celebration at the Jimmy Bone winner.

One of the best days.

( pass the tissues ! )

Totally shedtastic.

3 hours ago, Das Viertel Hearts said:

The archetypal great blood and guts Hearts match of the 80s a spotless choice!!! 😃

A pivotal game in Hearts' history.

2012 final of course but a few others that stand out for me was Beatties penalty in the semi, Stevenson at ER and Edwards in the cup final in 19 - even though we lost I’d give anything to relive the 6/7 minutes following that goal 

4 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

2012 final of course but a few others that stand out for me was Beatties penalty in the semi, Stevenson at ER and Edwards in the cup final in 19 - even though we lost I’d give anything to relive the 6/7 minutes following that goal 

I'd do the 2012 final but this time we would go for the throat second half and put 10 past them.

The White Cockade

3-2 Jimmy Bone winner 

5-1 wee team 

5-1 Loco Leipzig

7-0 at Arbroath and the Eamon Bannon header up there to get promotion 

beating Dundee Utd in the league cup when we were in first division and had lost first leg 2-0 1979 I think pissing down all night and we won on penalties in the end

13 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

There u go, I was bed ridden with sciatica that day, absolutely gutted to miss the game but got this up on YouTube. 

Thanks for that jt74, the players in the dugout 😂😂😂

On 11/09/2021 at 01:50, Scott Leitch said:

Liverpool for me. An amazing experience, everything about it. The fans and the game. Incredible.

It beat 98 for me. Never celebrated a goal like that but apart from that just amazing.

If you could bottle that feeling when temps scored. 

Against Aberdeen, securing the CL spot.

Has to be Cup Final 1998, only not to be so drunk this time. Nothing so far has topped that feeling, the sheer delight at going 1 up after 30 seconds, then ecstatic at 2 with Adam, to utterly dejected when McCoist brought one back, to near heart attack as Rangers bombered our goal at the end. Still get that heart sinking feeling every time McCoist goes down and the ref blows up for a penalty, only to be breathing a huge sigh of relief as the lino flagged for free kick. Time stopped for a few brief moments when big Gilles plucked a ball out of the sky, or Rangers were clean through and Weir wraps a leg round to clear the danger. I know my old man was paving around the concourse those last few minutes with plenty other "time served" oldies. But that moment the ref blew was the biggset emotional outpouring amongst strangers I have ever experienced. 

Honourable mention goes to Mallorca as a close 2nd! What a trip, what a week, what a weird game!!! 

On 11/09/2021 at 02:59, goldie83 said:

Bayern Munich…….one unbelievable night……still watch it regularly 

That was amazing. Those Euro nights in the old Tynecastle. Place used to bounce

Cup finals apart the Mark de Vriesy derby.

I worked with a lot of Hobos at the time and the thought of going back to work was nearly as enjoyable as actually horsing them