Scottish Mafia (merged threads)

tartofmidlothian

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think vlads right on this one, the only 2 managers currently in the spl I might want have already had a go at managing us.

Greenbank2

So. VR is getting pelters for referring to the "Scottish Mafia", and unfair treatment.

Scottish football is dominated by two institutions. Fact. It has been this way on and off for as long as most of us can remember. Another fact is that another institution, our national media has striven to maintain the status quo. Why? because by purveying endless column inches and TV and radio minutes to the followers of the old firm, they maximise their wallet share of available spend. If this can be done by using any other club or its supporters as "patsy's", then they are completely unscrupulous in the twisted version of facts, or downright lies they will print or broadcast.

Does this constitute the description of a "Mafia"? What we're talking about is the co-operation of several supposedly unrelated institutions for mutual gain and self preservation - at the expense of their competition. IMHO - You bet it does. And he is many things, but this does not make VR "Mad".

What it does do is create a situation that preserves the status of the ugly sisters as they gather unfair and disproportionate coverage from their lapdogs in the media, an unfair and disproportionate share of TV revenues and puts them in a position that anyone within the goldfish bowl who challenges this will be dismissed and anyone outwith ridiculed.

Can't remember the name of the Aberdeen chairman a few years ago who said they were like a couple of old whores lifting their skirts to any passer by. But he would have been mad as well right?

So, other football clubs can accept this situation and live within it, or, as VR is doing, try and open the eyes of those who have been so brainwashed, they cannot see the truth when it is in their face - but again courtesy of the already mentioned media lapdogs.

Lastly, does this situation exist anywhere else? certainly not in Lithuania where Kanuas may be the best known club, but certainly don't have the type of unconditional media hype and delusion that the OF do in Scotland.

VR may be many things - and I wish he would change - but when he reminds us of the control that the OF Mafia exert on our game, he has my momentary, grudging respect.

Jam Tarts 1874

Yes, Alex Smith who did a great job in taking Aberdeen back to where they were pre-Fergie.

ToadKiller Dog

Ah the Don speaks the man who is more than happy to use the term "Largs Mafia" when it suits him,

Media blowing that comment out of all proportions like a few on here.

But if you actually just take on board Smith's quotes, they make perfect sense.

As soon as i read VR's latest PR disaster, i knew this would happen.

Guest JamboRobbo

Indeed they do.

Although how much I despise the fat Lith pr*ck I agree with him 100% on this

The whole Old Firm duopoly and west coast biased is inbred and in all scottish coached genes.

We need someone who does not care for the vile brothers 1 bit

So. VR is getting pelters for referring to the "Scottish Mafia", and unfair treatment.

Scottish football is dominated by two institutions. Fact. It has been this way on and off for as long as most of us can remember. Another fact is that another institution, our national media has striven to maintain the status quo. Why? because by purveying endless column inches and TV and radio minutes to the followers of the old firm, they maximise their wallet share of available spend. If this can be done by using any other club or its supporters as "patsy's", then they are completely unscrupulous in the twisted version of facts, or downright lies they will print or broadcast.

Does this constitute the description of a "Mafia"? What we're talking about is the co-operation of several supposedly unrelated institutions for mutual gain and self preservation - at the expense of their competition. IMHO - You bet it does. And he is many things, but this does not make VR "Mad".

What it does do is create a situation that preserves the status of the ugly sisters as they gather unfair and disproportionate coverage from their lapdogs in the media, an unfair and disproportionate share of TV revenues and puts them in a position that anyone within the goldfish bowl who challenges this will be dismissed and anyone outwith ridiculed.

Can't remember the name of the Aberdeen chairman a few years ago who said they were like a couple of old whores lifting their skirts to any passer by. But he would have been mad as well right?

So, other football clubs can accept this situation and live within it, or, as VR is doing, try and open the eyes of those who have been so brainwashed, they cannot see the truth when it is in their face - but again courtesy of the already mentioned media lapdogs.

Lastly, does this situation exist anywhere else? certainly not in Lithuania where Kanuas may be the best known club, but certainly don't have the type of unconditional media hype and delusion that the OF do in Scotland.

VR may be many things - and I wish he would change - but when he reminds us of the control that the OF Mafia exert on our game, he has my momentary, grudging respect.

Today's Daily Wrecker is a perfect example.

Back page headline:

I WON'T PICK BOSS FROM SCOTS MAFIA

which suggests that no way are we going to get a boss from the Scots mafia

The first sentence reads;

Hearts chief Vladimir Romanov says he is unlikely to appoint a manager from Scotland because they are all part of the "Scottish Mafia".

CRAIG SWAN hang your head in shame for distorting a story to gain maximum attention. You'll go far, lad, in gutter journalism but at this point maybe you should look in the mirror and ask "Am I an honest person or do I work for dirty money?"

This is simple to answer.

We don't need VR to inform us of the west coast domination of our game. It's as plain as day.

What we do need is for VR to shut the f@~k up and run the club like a normal person.

Drylaw Hearts

Of course it makes sense.

VR just opens his stupid mouth and lets his belly rumble.

He invites bad press.

Ryan Gosling

The whole Old Firm duopoly and west coast biased is inbred and in all scottish coached genes.

Ok you have a problem.

Drylaw Hearts

Would you take Martin O'Neil as Manager ?

Guest JamboRobbo

Being Scottish didn't seem to hinder Burley too much when he was in charge?

Ryan Gosling

Regarding Burley, the Old Firm thing may not have been evident when he was in charge of us, but it sure ****ing was for his first Scotland game where he allowed 6 of them to withdraw from the squad, only to be miraculously fit for the game 3 days later with no repercussions.

rossmaroon

The Sun wastes 2 pages to make fun of a throw-away comment and Radio Scotland news gives Alex Smith more than 5 minutes airspace to reply to VR's 2 minutes airtime last night. Call me paranoid, but either it is just silly season filler material, or once again a raw nerve has been touched.

Romanov has been less than guarded with his comments, but the media response has been exaggerated compared to the news of the equity deal.

Romanov isn't used to not not being top Dog., after all,,Eastern Europe is a world leader in fairness in Sport.

lambojambo
Today's Daily Wrecker is a perfect example.

Back page headline:

I WON'T PICK BOSS FROM SCOTS MAFIA

which suggests that no way are we going to get a boss from the Scots mafia

The first sentence reads;

Hearts chief Vladimir Romanov says he is unlikely to appoint a manager from Scotland because they are all part of the "Scottish Mafia".

CRAIG SWAN hang your head in shame for distorting a story to gain maximum attention. You'll go far, lad, in gutter journalism but at this point maybe you should look in the mirror and ask "Am I an honest person or do I work for dirty money?"

The Hibsman is no better.

On their bill boards this morning -

ROMANOV SAYS SCOTS NOT GOOD ENOUGH

Vlad has a lot to answer but from day one he has had this type of treatment from the media.

We don't need VR to inform us of the west coast domination of our game. It's as plain as day.

What we do need is for VR to shut the f@~k up and run the club like a normal person.

Amen

innerjambo

I agree with Smith, VR is a pint sized pr*cK. He would win the world's biggest bafoon competition hands down. We will end up in the 1st division.

mickmaroon

Lastly, does this situation exist anywhere else?

Two clubs dominating the domestic competitions of a historic football nation? Scotland and Uruguay. I doubt there are others :(

Ryan Gosling
I agree with Smith, VR is a pint sized pr*cK. He would win the world's biggest bafoon competition hands down. We will end up in the 1st division.

No, you would.

The reason for winning? Misspelling the word 'buffoon'.

Two clubs dominating the domestic competitions of a historic football nation? Scotland and Uruguay. I doubt there are others :(
Open your eyes.

Has nobody on here heard of FC Barcelona and Real Madrid or have any idea what Marca is?

It's so easy for VR to turn the heat off himself it is unreal. One piece of good news and a wee interview and suddenly a large chunk of JKB is eating out his hand again and is starting the good old conspiracy theories.

Good on you VR. It's so easy to blame everyone else for your problems and ignore your own failings, in a way that attitude is sadly very reflective of society in general.

Carl Spackler

It was always going to be seized upon. How many reports have mentioned why Romanov was in London? Even in passing?

Do our press have an agenda?

bobskeldon

Abso..bloody...lutely!! I want a Hearts figurehead who is not scared to say exactly (not just a wee bit) what every fan outside the Ugly Sisters thinks

and moans about week in week out. Well done Vlad!

Bootboy100

I think Vlad was doing a spot of fishing and appears to have got a few bites from the regulars!!!

Here fishy fishy!!!!;)

MacDonald Jardine

My interpretation of the "mafia" comment was that he felt Scottish managers were inherently conditioned to feel th Old Firm were bound to be better than the rest.

As far as it goes I think that's true. A lot on here seem to feel the same

Drylaw Hearts
It was always going to be seized upon. How many reports have mentioned why Romanov was in London? Even in passing?

But he makes it sooo easy for them.

News is very slow at the moment so instead of giving them no option but to focus on this award he goes off on one - again.

Scottish Mafia ???

He's potty.

Drylaw Hearts
I think Vlad was doing a spot of fishing and appears to have got a few bites from the regulars!!!

Here fishy fishy!!!!;)

That would just about some him up right enough.

Drylaw Hearts

Is it too much to ask ?

He's got a better chance of that than he has making it as a Stand-Up Comedian.

Maybe Romanov should have mentioned it and focussed upon it instead of just trying to score points?

Drylaw Hearts
My interpretation of the "mafia" comment was that he felt Scottish managers were inherently conditioned to feel th Old Firm were bound to be better than the rest.

Are they not better than the rest ?

And I mean football wise.

Saying no would be like saying Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal are not better than the rest in England.

Spellczech

So do Romanov's...:)

Guest JamboRobbo

Whereas the non scottish managers Vlad has gone for, are just inherently incompetent.

Whats worse? A manager who's conditioned to feel the old firm are better, but who has HMFC at the top of the league and unbeaten.

Or a manager who has no respect for the old firm, but takes us to 2nd bottom of the league?

I know which I'd prefer.

jambo mark

:bravo: congratulations on the best post of the day!!

bobskeldon

It's simple statistics, the vast majority of people who live in Scotland live in the Central Belt, the vast majority of people who live in the Central Belt support one of the Ugly Sisters, therefore the vast majority of managers who were born / lived/ played in the Central Belt WILL have an allegiance to /desire to manage /love for one of the Ugly Sisters!!!! Whatever anyone thinks of VLad, he is spot on!!!!!

Carl Spackler
Maybe Romanov should have mentioned it and focussed upon it instead of just trying to score points?

Who says he didn't? The club have certainly blown their own Trumpet on the club website.

Don't get me wrong about Romanov, I'm not defending him, he can do that himself. All I'm saying is our press have alot to answer for.

Abso..bloody...lutely!! I want a Hearts figurehead who is not scared to say exactly (not just a wee bit) what every fan outside the Ugly Sisters thinks

and moans about week in week out. Well done Vlad!

I want one who's primary objective is improving the football team on the pitch and every decision he makes shows discernible signs of doing so.

Once the primary purpose of the existence of Hearts (ie football) is on an even keel, he can attack the old firm all he wants

If he cant get his on house in order his views are all rather hollow

It's simple statistics, the vast majority of people who live in Scotland live in the Central Belt, the vast majority of people who live in the Central Belt support one of the Ugly Sisters, therefore the vast majority of managers who were born / lived/ played in the Central Belt WILL have an allegiance to /desire to manage /love for one of the Ugly Sisters!!!! Whatever anyone thinks of VLad, he is spot on!!!!!
That is all very well, but what good does stating the obvious do for HMFC?

Jam Tarts 1874

I agree with you. Romanov wants to challenge the old firm.

There are many on here who would rather Hearts were just a maroon version of hibs, never showing any ambition, never saying anything controversial, never trying to challenge the old firm as long as their egos are intact - that's all that matters. God forbid that certain members of this forum should have to take some stick from hobo workmates! :rolleyes:

There are many on here who would rather Hearts were just a maroon version of hibs, never showing any ambition, never saying anything controversial, never trying to challenge the old firm as long as their egos are intact - that's all that matters. God forbid that certain members of this forum should have to take some stick from hobo workmates! :rolleyes:

So the best way to challenge the OF is to mismanage the club and bring in people who have not got a scooby and give them a bunch of sub standard players to work with? Actions speak louder than words. Again I ask you, in what regard do these words from the owner benefit HMFC?

VR states the obvious but never tells or shows us what his solution is, unless he feels the situation I described above really is the way ahead. If that is the case then we might as well accept bottom 6 is now our level.

doctor jambo

Amazing, Alex denies there is a mafia, then in the last paragraph, perfectly describes the fact that there is

You dont need to be a ******* to work in football management, but it sure helps

Where is the evidence Romanov wants to challenge the old firm.

He dismanteled a team capable of doing that. Since Burley he has sold our best players, replaced them with crap and refuses to run the club like a professional team. So far it has been nothing but talk with nothing to back it up.

bobskeldon
That is all very well, but what good does stating the obvious do for HMFC?

Other than ensuring that the GFA know that HMFC have them 'sussed' and are not willing to just accept it any more, It provides support particularly to guys like CL who said exactly the same a few weeks ago, it may encourage others this season to do the same and use words like cheats etc when another Andy Davis. Mike McCurry moment happens.

Father Tiresias

Are you talking about a war of words or playing football?

He'll never win a war of words with the OF because he spouts the pesh and they sit back looking good.

He was winning on the football pitch until he decided George Burley was damaging the club.

Billy the Jambo

Smith is right in what he says .Most Hearts supporters were pleased when it looked like McGhee was going to get the job no one on this board mentioned the Largs mafia then ,but as soon as the mad one opens his stupid mouth we get all the usual suspects on here saying the mad one is right there is a scottish mafia.So it is alright to take some one from the lithuanian mafia as our new manager i dont think so

Drylaw Hearts
Smith is right in what he says .Most Hearts supporters were pleased when it looked like McGhee was going to get the job no one on this board mentioned the Largs mafia then ,but as soon as the mad one opens his stupid mouth we get all the usual suspects on here saying the mad one is right there is a scottish mafia.So it is alright to take some one from the lithuanian mafia as our new manager i dont think so

Spot on.

VR is like the pied piper.

Pied_Piper_with_Children.jpg

Archived