Time for the fans to step up

A_A wehatethehibs

A_A wehatethehibs

When those first 3 tough opening fixtures were announced, my immediate concern was that with the deficiencies in our squad, with delays in getting upgraded quality in, we could’ve been sat here on 1 or 2 points still looking for our first win. 

To get to transfer deadline week, with quality like Woodburn now coming in the building and more to follow, on 7 points from 9? You’ve got to hold your hands up and say, it is an excellent opening to the first season back for us. Add a bit more quality now and we can keep this run going and build on it.

A big travelling support will be at tannadice to give our lads the full backing, in full voice, that this group of players deserves now for the graft that has gone in to get these points on the board. We do not have enough quality yet, but the togetherness is there, the fight is there, the desire, the 100% effort so for that I think we can all take 1 second to look back to the insipid side that was demoted down, with 4 wins from 30 games, and take a minute to thank 1 man for doing his job, Robbie Neilson. That’s him inside 3 games got the same number of wins as both Levein and stendel in the season we went down in 16 and 14 games respectively. 

Hearts are back. Can Robbie take us forward long term? we will see, there are doubts. But Hearts are back, and he’s the man that’s put us here. So it is time for the fans to get behind this team big time now. A hit and run job at Tannadice, 2-1 Hearts again would do me nicely, and it’s a bear pit at Tynecastle for the derby. Buzzing the season has got off to a good start. 

Byyy The Light
14 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

When those first 3 tough opening fixtures were announced, my immediate concern was that with the deficiencies in our squad, with delays in getting upgraded quality in, we could’ve been sat here on 1 or 2 points still looking for our first win. 

To get to transfer deadline week, with quality like Woodburn now coming in the building and more to follow, on 7 points from 9? You’ve got to hold your hands up and say, it is an excellent opening to the first season back for us. Add a bit more quality now and we can keep this run going and build on it.

A big travelling support will be at tannadice to give our lads the full backing, in full voice, that this group of players deserves now for the graft that has gone in to get these points on the board. We do not have enough quality yet, but the togetherness is there, the fight is there, the desire, the 100% effort so for that I think we can all take 1 second to look back to the insipid side that was demoted down, with 4 wins from 30 games, and take a minute to thank 1 man for doing his job, Robbie Neilson. That’s him inside 3 games got the same number of wins as both Levein and stendel in the season we went down in 16 and 14 games respectively. 

Hearts are back. Can Robbie take us forward long term? we will see, there are doubts. But Hearts are back, and he’s the man that’s put us here. So it is time for the fans to get behind this team big time now. A hit and run job at Tannadice, 2-1 Hearts again would do me nicely, and it’s a bear pit at Tynecastle for the derby. Buzzing the season has got off to a good start. 

I’m happy to climb aboard! Might even clap along 

4 minutes ago, Canscot said:

This will be a short thread. Not many on here think Robbie is “The man”. 

I bet you 10p it’s not a short thread.

Deal?  😎

22 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Agree. Let’s give Robbie a chance. If it doesn’t work, he goes but no point moaning with this start of points. 
yes Celtic cup game first half way crap. But still behind the team and him -got the moment. 

Heart of Darkness
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Brilliant!! 👏👏👏👏

Well said. 

My mistake! This thread is officially a Robbie love in😂

wonder how long it will take to go off the rails!

Nice to see some positivity for a change though👍

I’m on your train 👍

Personally i don't think the real fans ever go away, there's always moaners and I think we have more than most. 

These types can be heard before a ball is kicked. 

It's actually time we galvanised and put all past ills to bed and supported the team and more importantly each other. Unfortunately, because I'm struggling to care....

I've lost interest really. The club and the team never did that. 

It's the supporters I can't stand. 

We beat Celtic and you could hear the boos Ffs. 

Sorry to the OP, but the Heart's support really don't deserve anything. 

16 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Personally i don't think the real fans ever go away, there's always moaners and I think we have more than most. 

It's actually time we galvanised and put all past ills to bed and supported the team and more importantly each other. Unfortunately, because I'm struggling to care....

Go have a good slurp from the bucket of positivity!😉

No Idle Talk
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I second that emotion.

2 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Go have a good slurp from the bucket of positivity!😉

I'm the most positive person on this forum, with regards the club. 

Sorry if I've lost faith in the support, but when you boo a winning team it's time to pack it in as far as I'm concerned. 

7 points from 9 isn't good enough for some. 

Our own support will always be our biggest hindrance, ironic considering how much cash we plough in and financially support the club.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
6 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Sorry if I've lost faith in the support, but when you boo a winning team it's time to pack it in as far as I'm concerned. 

Our own support will always be our biggest hindrance, ironic considering how much cash we plough in and financially support the club.

has never stopped us having a very good home record with all these hindrances in attendance

im assuming it’s only relatively recently the fans have become a hindrance otherwise the point doesn’t make sense looking at the longer term

im wagering the latter 

6 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

😂

Savage Vince
7 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Agree with this. We have the best fans in the world and the absolute dregs. The entitled sad-acts are winning though, its a real shame. 

A_A wehatethehibs
7 hours ago, Canscot said:

My mistake! This thread is officially a Robbie love in😂

wonder how long it will take to go off the rails!

Nice to see some positivity for a change though👍

6 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Its not really about positivity or a love-in this though, I wasn’t happy 2nd half against Aberdeen at all. I was fuming in fact, the change to the back 4 was wrong, subs were wrong, and I’m not happy with several players who are lacking quality. 

But it’s just about respect for the graft that has clearly gone in. The team worked their absolute socks off on Sunday despite it going a bit wrong wrong tactically. The intensity of the game was very high and Aberdeen are a better team than we faced the previous season. And so are Dundee United and Hibs. The tough games are coming thick and fast but the graft is 100% there so the fans must get on board. We know what will happen if the wheels come off for Robbie and it won’t be pretty, it won’t be something any of us want to see. So just look to the next game and get the big time backing for these players including the new boys coming in because that’s the experience they’ve come here for. 

9 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Great post 👍👍

Jeffros Furios
7 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

:glorious:

9 hours ago, Morgan said:

I bet you 10p it’s not a short thread.

Deal?  😎

It will be incredibly short before the loaners start that’s for sure. Overall it will descend into the usual bitchfest and quite lengthy. 

9 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Great post. The quality of signings have made a huge difference and looks like we are going to be very competitive this season. Need a god result on Saturday to keep the momentum going. Debut winner would be nice. 

23 minutes ago, Dazo said:

It will be incredibly short before the loaners start that’s for sure. Overall it will descend into the usual bitchfest and quite lengthy. 

Really looking forward to the “loaners” starting….. 

8 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

I’m with you on this one mate.

Real fans don’t go away you always support Hearts but some folk maybe don’t go to a lot of games anymore for whatever reason.

If anything does put me of is certain fans that I can only imagine moan in every thing they do in life.

Its in the blood, in our heart we never leave.

You say you struggle to care but I’m sure you care and you have that feeling. Believe me mate I hear what your saying.

I’m not going to get carried away - standard Neilson away game coming up :ninja:

But just maybe the arrival of Woodburn will be the spark we’re missing.

More confident about the derby than Tannadice though!

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, kila said:

I’m not going to get carried away - standard Neilson away game coming up :ninja:

But just maybe the arrival of Woodburn will be the spark we’re missing.

More confident about the derby than Tannadice though!

2 huge games which can show our intent for the season.....or not. Fingers crossed.

jambo-in-furness

As far as I’m concerned, apart from 2 or 3 players,  Sundays game was  “same shit, different day”

We are at least 5 better quality players away from a squad  that can sustain a top 4 challenge.

I wouldn’t call the side from 2 seasons ago insipid. They maybe looked insipid at times but they tried hard enough, imho. They didn’t have Craig Gordon in goal (a huge factor when it came to draining confidence out of the team of 2 years back), didn’t have a fit John Souttar for 3 consecutive games (did he even play 3 consecutive games 2 seasons ago?), didn’t have a fit Peter Haring or a fit Liam Boyce (in Stendel’s case)…in fact, Robbie hasn’t had to deal with anywhere near the problems that team had. Hopefully never has to, but that will be when he earns his money. Even with all those outfield players fit, do you think we’re sitting on 7 points with Cheesy or Poppadom hands in goal? 

Cut The Crap

It’s been a much better start than I’d anticipated. Credit to the players and coaches for that. Let’s hope they can keep it up.

Harry Potter
4 minutes ago, Cut The Crap said:

It’s been a much better start than I’d anticipated. Credit to the players and coaches for that. Let’s hope they can keep it up.

Aye superb start, unlucky not to win on sunday, we matched Aberdeen.

I was chatting to a first team player's old man before the game on Sunday and what he had to say was bang on regarding the support. There's always a 'but' these days, and I think I've been guilty of it as well. We won the league at a canter last season BUT the manner of it was crap :lol: We beat Celtic on the opening day of the season BUT they had all the play and we were lucky :lol: It sounds utter ridiculous that we moan and bit h as much as we do because supporting Hearts has always been about ups and downs. I had lost a bit of passion for the club during the pandemic, apathy set in but the way we have started and the additions to the squad, I'm definitely buzzing again. It was just unbelievable to get back into Tynecastle on Sunday, watching players like Beni playing in front of a packed Tynie is what it's all about.

Hearts Are beating again ❤

A_A wehatethehibs
41 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I wouldn’t call the side from 2 seasons ago insipid. They maybe looked insipid at times but they tried hard enough, imho. They didn’t have Craig Gordon in goal (a huge factor when it came to draining confidence out of the team of 2 years back), didn’t have a fit John Souttar for 3 consecutive games (did he even play 3 consecutive games 2 seasons ago?), didn’t have a fit Peter Haring or a fit Liam Boyce (in Stendel’s case)…in fact, Robbie hasn’t had to deal with anywhere near the problems that team had. Hopefully never has to, but that will be when he earns his money. Even with all those outfield players fit, do you think we’re sitting on 7 points with Cheesy or Poppadom hands in goal? 

That absolute shite we witnessed was the biggest disgrace to the football club in my entire living memory and it’s a bit of a shambles youre trying to defend it. Guessing you only watched the derby wins and missed the rest. From Whelan to Langer, a disgrace of a season with many of the worst performances I have ever witnessed. Them players and managers were all on BIG wages. Failed to win on an 26 occasions out of 30. That goes far beyond any cup loss. Absolute shite, Neilson has had to offload about TWENTY players who, as a group, collective responsibility for getting 2 previous managers sacked. Not going to get into a debate about it because this thread is about the here and now. There’s been ups and downs but here we are, Hearts are back and we are filled with fight and desire. So get on board mate because these players have put the graft in that is crystal clear, Joe Savage to sprinkle in a bit more quality and we are all set to go and do some serious damage to these shite bag clubs Dundee United and Hibernian in these next 2 massive games, the fans will be a massive part of that, get it right up these ***** MEDICINE 

I don’t think Robbie is a great manager, but his league record with us is solid. We won the Championship at a canter despite Sevco and Hibs after the post-admin relegation, we were in 2nd place when he left for MKD, we won the Championship handily enough last season, and now we’re joint top after three games.

He has presided over some truly excruciating results (Brora and Birkirkara in particular), and the football is questionable, but overall our league performance under him has been good.

Worthing Jambo
9 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Do you want me to pop round and give ye a wee cuddle?

Let’s just say that sunnier climes seem to give you a sunnier disposition.

I notice it when I go back, and seems to be getting worse, and it is in general not just football!

😁

I've watched Hearts for over 60 years now.  Since the season in the lower league when we left Hibs and Rangers in our wake by the length of Princes Street, a lot of bad decisions, on and of the pitch, have been made.  But I feel  something is now stirring at Tynecastle.   I would have been delighted with 7 points from the first 3 games.  We're  looking much more solid at the back, with Gordon and Souttar returning- and Cochrane looks decent.  Bene has been a revelation and Haring is getting  back to what he can be. Boyce and Ginnelli will get us goals if we can add a wee bit of quality, a playmaker/ number 10 .  Can that be Woodburn? And another arrival this week perhaps to increase our attacking options?   We are not there yet but we are definitely  moving in the right direction.  The maroon star is on the rise.  

21 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

That absolute shite we witnessed was the biggest disgrace to the football club in my entire living memory and it’s a bit of a shambles youre trying to defend it. Guessing you only watched the derby wins and missed the rest. From Whelan to Langer, a disgrace of a season with many of the worst performances I have ever witnessed. Them players and managers were all on BIG wages. Failed to win on an 26 occasions out of 30. That goes far beyond any cup loss. Absolute shite, Neilson has had to offload about TWENTY players who, as a group, collective responsibility for getting 2 previous managers sacked. Not going to get into a debate about it because this thread is about the here and now. There’s been ups and downs but here we are, Hearts are back and we are filled with fight and desire. So get on board mate because these players have put the graft in that is crystal clear, Joe Savage to sprinkle in a bit more quality and we are all set to go and do some serious damage to these shite bag clubs Dundee United and Hibernian in these next 2 massive games, the fans will be a massive part of that, get it right up these ***** MEDICINE 

😂 wow. 
I’m not denying the team of 2 years ago was shite and a massive let down. I’m saying Craig Gordon is the difference. With Joel Pereira in goal, you’re lucky if we’ve got one or two points and a 7 or 8 goal drubbing at Parkhead. We’ve not won points with fight and desire this season. We’ve won points because we’ve got better players available. There was precious little fight and desire to get the 2nd all important goal v Inverness or to go and press Aberdeen at 1-0 on Sunday. Even when we got to 2-1 up v Celtic with a minute left, they still waltzed through us to force a great save and then had a free header from the resulting corner. I repeat, Craig Gordon is the difference.

If you think fight and desire is conceding 60 yards to your opponent (Sunday) or 80 the previous Sunday so you can pack the box and block shots, then fair enough. 

I’m not saying this team isn’t better than 2 years ago, the first XI clearly is. An injury or two to the players I mentioned earlier, especially Gordon, and we’re back at that level. We’re getting there, but I’m not saying Hearts are back just yet, although I admire YOUR confidence. 👍

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Time for the management team to step up and remember we are Heart of Midlothian FC.

Correct. No point in improving the squad significantly if the coaching side isn’t up to the job. We have plenty of attacking options and we ought to use them in a more positive manner. Approach and set up the Last two games are concerning to be honest.

I'm no tactical expert, so generally just like seeing a competitive team that's capable of winning - which we've seen this season. 

1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

I'm no tactical expert, so generally just like seeing a competitive team that's capable of winning - which we've seen this season. 

If there is one very noticeable improvement so far it is that we are a lot more competitive and motivated. That’s a plus because it can cover deficiencies if you have a team trying it’s hardest.

We need a centre back and organiser. If we don’t get one we’re vulnerable at the back. We need at least one striking option. Playing Boyce as a false 9 isn’t going to produce a lot of goals. Gnando looks like he is out of favour and probably isn’t good enough anyway and Henderson isn’t rated by Neilson. We need a right wing back if we are going to continue this system. Smith’s engine has gone. He doesn’t contribute going forward and he’s been part culpable a few times for goals conceded.