200milesfromgorgie

Saturday line up (Slam Tent):

3.30pm - 4.30pm Model 500(live)

4.30pm - 6.00pm Carl Craig

6.00 pm - 7.00pm Dusty Kid(live)

7.00pm - 8.30pm Erol Alkan

8.30pm - 9.30pm Modeselektor(live)

9.30pm - 11.00pm Jeff Mills

If i manage to blag a ticket I'll be skipping jeff mills, legend that he is, to revel in the majestic indie of Interpol.

Stick your martyrdom up your erse! ;)

Great thread btw.

Taking it off on a tangent, the above is the real reason that TITP this year is pash. Each night, two or three great bands all at the same time.

As for the rest, I agree with most but would state that I don't think Ronson is all that bad. Really good producer and some decent cover versions. I don't mind the Ting Tings, I like the Klaxons and really like Hot Chip.

I would like to add The Music to horrible current bands.

Nelly that I have not been to a record fayre in years. Used to get the wee thing in the post but have since moved. All of my vinyl (circa 300 I would guess) is in storage due to babyness! :( There is a warmth that comes from vinyl that CD cannot touch.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For anyone interested there's a cd/record fair at the Assembly Rooms this Saturday. 10am - 4pm. http://www.recordfairsinscotland.co.uk/

I'll be there, rummaging around trying to find those pieces of shiny or black plastic gold. Great way to spend a coupla hours, I always come away wi loadsa goodies, then hit a boozer and have a good gander at what I bought. Simple pleasures in life.....

F ** K ITunes.

Nelly give tapetrader a go.Some great bootlegs.You get hooked.One of lifes great pleasures getting an a+ recording.

Back to titp.I laugh to myself when some posters on here say it is not about the music.The daily ****** think its great,a sure sign that it is p@@h of the highest order.

Nelly Terraces
Scouting for Girls, Gallows, Just Jack, Sandy Thom, The Feeling, The Wombats, the Sugar"babes", The Ting Tings, every single person that's ever been on X-Factor and especially Pete Docherty should all be encased in lead and catapulted into the core of the sun.

They don't have a scrote hair's worth of musical talent between the lot of them. It is, though, mildly amusing to see them perform "live" in the full knowledge that every single musician out there that's worth their salt is shaking his/her head in amused disbelief.

Brilliant post. Especially re the highlighted bands (though mentions of the others does make my skin crawl).

Gallows - shouting loudly and covering yerslef in tattoos (like every other one of these dullard bands - total sheep like mentality now rules) does NOT make you punk. It's not rebellious, it's just sad, go away and spend the trust fund your mummy&daddy set up for you, yer foollin nobody except the same clones that follow you (look I wear black like all my other mates - I'm original!).

Doherty. The drippy desperado wannabe famous at any cost talentless crack addicted celeb whore ****** sucking trash of all time, perfect for todays do nothing/say nothing mentality. Total waste of space, Dylan, Rotten, Morrissey, Albarn, errr.... Doherty. Nah, sorry, I don't think so. Not even in the same league. Please hurry up and die.

Some great posts on here fellas. I actually thought it was just me, but I'm so chuffed to hear I'm not alone in my thoughts on todays music. I just feel sorry for it all really. I guess I'm just an old man harking to the past, maybe things are better now, but I don't see it. The magic's rarely felt nowadays, and although I still continue to be interested in new music and buy plenty cd/vinyl from new acts, I doubt I'd ever put any of them up there with stuff from yesteryear, even something like the Oasis 1st lp. It just isn't there.

Ronson must die though. The world WOULD be a better place without with him, that's not even open to question.

Nelly, sort of agree with what you're saying. However, can't help thinking it's a case of people getting the music they deserve. If the kids of today had the *****ing wherewithal to actually get into and listen to some decent music, then the situation would change. As it is, if they're prepared to listen to homogenised, bland nonsense performed by drama students, then feck 'em!

Think we need another punk/dance music-type revolution to blow away the crap!

Walter Kidd
Brilliant post. Especially re the highlighted bands (though mentions of the others does make my skin crawl).

Gallows - shouting loudly and covering yerslef in tattoos (like every other one of these dullard bands - total sheep like mentality now rules) does NOT make you punk. It's not rebellious, it's just sad, go away and spend the trust fund your mummy&daddy set up for you, yer foollin nobody except the same clones that follow you (look I wear black like all my other mates - I'm original!).

Doherty. The drippy desperado wannabe famous at any cost talentless crack addicted celeb whore ****** sucking trash of all time, perfect for todays do nothing/say nothing mentality. Total waste of space, Dylan, Rotten, Morrissey, Albarn, errr.... Doherty. Nah, sorry, I don't think so. Not even in the same league. Please hurry up and die.

Ahem. You forgot Cocker.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I'm not going to apologise for this but I got into music in the late 80's as acid house was breaking and was am and always will be devoted to dance music. It may not make me popular (dance music has always been looked down upon by fans and makers of "proper" music) but I have a great deal of mistrust for all these guitar bands knocking about. For me the yardstick was the Happy Mondays so I rightly or wrongley compare everything to them.

Biggest pain in the arse for me is Glasvegas. Geniuses apparently but the boy sounds like a jake and they never seem to achieve anything. All other bands mentioned runa very close joint second

Nelly Terraces
Ahem. You forgot Cocker.

Happy to stand corrected there my good fellow. Was just picking a few names at random. Indeed Cocker p*sses froma great height over the celeb sucker troll Doherty.

NT

PS, Could quite easily have mentioned a certain Mr Goddard within this group (well 77 -80 versh anyway).

It's definitely Scouting for Girls at the moment. Although I can't stand the Feeling or indeed Maroon 5.

Walter Kidd
For anyone interested there's a cd/record fair at the Assembly Rooms this Saturday. 10am - 4pm. http://www.recordfairsinscotland.co.uk/

I'll be there, rummaging around trying to find those pieces of shiny or black plastic gold. Great way to spend a coupla hours, I always come away wi loadsa goodies, then hit a boozer and have a good gander at what I bought. Simple pleasures in life.....

F ** K ITunes.

Will see you in there mate, I'll be the idiot chasing a 3 year old, trying to stop destruction.

Hopefully he will hold my hand long enough for me to get a good gander and pick up some old reggae/ska numbers. Just in time for the Specials reunion in October.

Archived